I just read this article on theboombox.com about rapper Fabolous forgetting his BlackBerry in a restaurant. He used memo pad to write songs and had several, never seen before lyrics for his new album that he had composed while in the restaurant and at other times, for three new songs. Makes me wonder what kind of Blackberry he uses, and I sure am glad I'm not the only artist to compose lyrics in Memo Pad.
    Fabolous Leaves Rhyme-Filled BlackBerry at Restaurant - The Boombox
    07-21-10 08:03 PM
    I saw this this morning! I don't really know who the heck he is but I'm glad he has his berry (and lyrics) back.
    07-21-10 08:08 PM
  3. T
    I hope it was password protected and locked!
    07-21-10 08:20 PM
    This is becoming a reoccurring trend with artists writing lyrics on the memo pad of their BlackBerrys. First Drake and now Fab. I hope it was password protected as well.
    07-21-10 08:24 PM
    He's been in the rap game for quite a while. Personally, I don't listen to him. I've always been more into the Old School West Coast sound and some southern rap. And then the kind of music I make which is a blend of West Coast Lowridin music and heavy metal rap. I like to mix things up. And I've always used voice recorder and memo pad for my lyrics. I'd be lost if I lost my BlackBerry.
    07-21-10 08:24 PM
    Been using Memo pad for the same purpose since I got it 8 mos ago. Sure beats making changes with paper and pen. It's been really nice because lyrically there is a really nice forward momentum. I never cared for using the pc and word, way too cumbersome. The best part is when you are so inspired, the ability is just a click away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 08:28 PM
    that's what I like about it as well. I just open and type away. Then, when I get to my little home studio, I'll refine the lyrics and work on the music. Its quick and easy. And with the voice recorder, if inspiration hits while I'm driving I cam just shoot off the quick snippet when it hits me and add the rest when I can.
    07-21-10 08:55 PM