Routines, how tos, tips, and tricks on anything to do with exercise. (Weight training, power lifting, running, yoga,pi lates, whatever you like.
    Anyone of you weight trainers in a rut or plateau, I strongly suggest looking into 'P90X'. Omg! I used it last year around this time and I swear I was in the best shape of my life. I didn't even follow it to a T, stuck to the exercise guideline for the most part, but my body looked and felt amazing.
    I will leave the thread open for anyone interested.
    GT...m/30/st.louis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:20 AM
    Crossfit trainer and weightlifting coach here.... Any questions ask away or pin me

02-25-09 09:14 AM
    I'm trying to get ready for a Law enforcement academy (Yeah me, imagine that).
    I've been strength training and some cardio since June last year.
    I'm getting close to "the day" which I estimate is going to be within another 3 months.
    Is it true that strenght training and Running actually works against each other? I mean I understand the mechanics and theories of each, but is it really that bad to double up?

I'm lifting every other day (nothing too major on this cycle, one major muscle group a day). On the days off, running for at least 20-30 minutes.

Opinions? Insults? Bribes? Invitations for HML?
    02-25-09 01:23 PM
    I wouldn't call myself an enthusiasts, but I do weight training and cardio (mostly biking and walking), and have been pretty steady with it since I lost 169 pounds. Yep I was 380 before I woke up and did something about it (on a 5'8" frame, well it wasn't pretty).

I'm 51 now and let me tell ya, if you need to get in shape, do it now, not after that 10 pounds becomes 20 or 100+. And please don't let that old excuse you don't time get in your way, because for the most part that's BS. If you have a life at all, you have time.
    02-25-09 02:07 PM
    I was never really a gym person. I do some upper body at home, but mostly I ride my bike. It's too cold here to ride outside all year round so I use a bike trainer during the winter months. It gets boring really quick so I pop in a movie, or watch a couple of episodes of The Office while I ride for around an hour. If the weekends are nice, I try to do a longer ride outdoors.

Is it true that strenght training and Running actually works against each other? I mean I understand the mechanics and theories of each, but is it really that bad to double up?
    I don't think it conflicts with strength training, but heavy cardio causes your body to start burning muscle. So if you're trying to bulk up in size, cardio isn't your best best. However size doesn't equal strength.
    02-25-09 05:01 PM
    Psterio, they can work against each other if you do too much. Keep it simple. Strength train using Compound movements twice a weekor or 3 times a week and do your active cardio 1 -2 times a week keeping it intense. Run fast and hard I like sprinting. Make sure you rest about a day between workouts.

Sorry for the errors my bb is having screen probs and I can't get it to work right + I'm still new to it

Last edited by UncleSmurf; 02-25-09 at 05:48 PM.
    02-25-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD