Is it possible to get near-perfect exchange rates from anywhere? A lot of places all boast they have 0% commision but they exchange at different rates and returns. I'm looking for somewhere which which will, for example, exchange 10.00 for $15.75, but will also return that same $15.75 for near enough 10.00 like at least 9.90.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 05:51 AM
    I am a currency trader and have never seen comission fee's as good as that. Usually bereau de change - GBP / USD is usually a $50 comission on a 1000. (GBP into USD)

Obviously the less you want the more it'll cost.

Hope this helps.
    10-12-11 06:29 AM
    I come across commission charges at airports. I take currency readings from xe.com which shows near enough the exact conversion rate at the time of rendering the webpage. When I was with a friend exchanging Sterling into Forint at Marks & Spencer Bureau de Change, the woman at the counter said they were doing the best exchange rate on that currency at the moment. Her exchange rate for 200 was HUF 62,660. I asked whether the exchange rate was nearer HUF 66,720 since I saw it elsewhere. She looked surprised and asked, "Who offers that?" with a worried tone in her voice. I explained that it was what xe.com showed on their charts and her state turned to relief while she said Bureau de Change charge, but there's no commission. I found this confusing so I was wondering what she meant by a 'charge' if there's no commission.

Thanks.
    10-12-11 07:51 AM
    I come across commission charges at airports. I take currency readings from xe.com which shows near enough the exact conversion rate at the time of rendering the webpage. When I was with a friend exchanging Sterling into Forint at Marks & Spencer Bureau de Change, the woman at the counter said they were doing the best exchange rate on that currency at the moment. Her exchange rate for 200 was HUF 62,660. I asked whether the exchange rate was nearer HUF 66,720 since I saw it elsewhere. She looked surprised and asked, "Who offers that?" with a worried tone in her voice. I explained that it was what xe.com showed on their charts and her state turned to relief while she said Bureau de Change charge, but there's no commission. I found this confusing so I was wondering what she meant by a 'charge' if there's no commission.

Thanks.
    Charge probably means commission lol just marketed differently hehe
    10-12-11 08:14 AM
    Charge probably means commission lol just marketed differently hehe
    I now see what you mean. xe.com is their nearly live 'spot' prices. It is not their physical transfer price. (its just nearly the current market price at that time).

They will also take commission / charges. Marks and Spencer do claim to be the cheapest though.
    10-12-11 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD