I used to do this all the time, but after nearly getting hit by a car at an intersection, I've realized I have to be more careful!

Ahh....the dangerous life of BB addicts
    03-09-09 11:42 PM
    Ahh! Far too many times. Now I'm more of an intermittent typer, take frequent glances up when involved in typing.
    03-09-09 11:44 PM
    Happened today for my first time! I think I better work on my will :P
    03-12-09 12:12 PM
    Yes, I have; tapping away vigorously at the keyboard, I ran into someone turning a corner. (I shoulda hugged the inside more... ) So I told myself that I should stop, type, /then/ proceed with the walking. However, this didn't fix the problem, as someone behind me walked into me when I suddenly stopped. Oops... -_-'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:25 PM
    I... Errr... walked into a pole
    03-12-09 04:29 PM
    LOLOL Ive had this happen to me on many occasions. Like when im at work and i go to help a customer and im typing a text ill walk into a gondola. I also tend to not pay attention when im typing and walking in a parking lot. So where i work people are not the brightest people in the world and i almost got smashed a few days ago.
    03-12-09 04:39 PM
    I have never had this happen, but when the Blue Tooth devices first came out it was a while before I found out that some sanitarium did not let out all the Cuckoo for CoCo Puffs in one fell swoop.

I can't count the times that I thought some stranger was talking to me instead of using the BT. I would start to answer some of them, then...D'oh! LOL!

03-12-09 04:51 PM
    It ALMOST happened 2 me a month ago while walking on Canal St. I was 2 inches away from bumping into a USA Today vending machine. Now, I'm a lot more careful, especially walking on Bourbon St. With a hurricane in one hand, and my berry in the other! BTW in the N.O., hurricanes are mixed drinks.

03-12-09 06:56 PM
    all the time .. i walked into a wall today
    03-13-09 01:43 AM
    I bump into things even when I'm not on my BB.

03-13-09 01:45 AM
    No.....Cuz that's just how good I am at being an addict. Haha

03-13-09 01:30 PM
    I'm accident prone even without my BB.
    03-13-09 01:59 PM
    This thread is great!
    I almost walked right over a little kid when I was texting on my bb..and almost been hit by car while changing my song on my bb to jog.
    03-13-09 02:47 PM
    i use to do that but i have it down were i can type with one hand and i don't have to look at the text till i'm done just to double check spelling
    03-13-09 03:01 PM
    Yep... i walked into the side of a parked fedex truck today... why do they even park on the sidewalk... there's a reason why they have loading docks...
    03-13-09 05:24 PM
    "omg ma'am! I'm ssooo sorry, I can't believe my face went..right..well...I mean...I was texting...I'm soo sorry!"
    03-13-09 05:26 PM
    I don't multi-task very well. I always feel like I'm going to fall over when I walk & text at the same time.
    03-13-09 05:57 PM
    For those of you who are blindly texting please be careful. Recently had a death in our community.....poor soul was crossing the street when someone else blew through the light!!!! It is NOT worth it.

03-13-09 07:02 PM
    A few days I walked into the Prinipal...and got my phone taken away for the rest of the day haha!!
    -Just my luck heh
    03-13-09 08:14 PM
    Yeah ive done this...i almost walked into the tracks in the train station subway.. ive learned my lesson and my fellow N.y ers didnt say anything....exspected
    Last edited by tellyberry; 03-14-09 at 12:06 PM.
    03-14-09 11:54 AM
    "omg ma'am! I'm ssooo sorry, I can't believe my face went..right..well...I mean...I was texting...I'm soo sorry!"
    Sultan that cracked me up. And yes I have bumped into several people and things while texting, I just kept on driving though. Lol I'm just kidding...about the driving part only.
    03-14-09 12:38 PM
    I bump into things even when I'm not on my BB.

LOL! That sounds like me! My dad always told me that I could trip over a chalk line! I have plenty of scars to prove it too!

03-15-09 06:08 AM
    I have as well walked into things, people. When I go to Material places in the morning someone always messages me and so Ill be doing whatever it is I need to do there and try to text back. I have countless times almost walked into people or the little racks they have in isles to display something "special." I have even smashed my other hand while trying to do something one handed that should be done two handed. My dad gets a big laugh out of it and then I put the bb in my pocket. Where we live you dont walk down the street unless you want to walk a country mile haha.
    03-15-09 06:54 AM
    I'm new to texting and one time I almost walked into a parked car. LOL

03-15-09 07:27 AM
    Erm..............
    03-15-09 09:57 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD