Cost is irrelevant when you cannot get the Sprint service in your area.

Go with Sprint!!! lol I have Sprint and love their coverage and cost of plans, no other carrier can compete with the everything data plans with any mobile. For example, family plan 1500 min unlimited data and texts is $129 and that includes two blackberry's, pre's, hero's etc... How much would that same plan cost on Tmobile, ATT or Verizon? Over $160 if I am correct.
    02-17-10 08:15 PM
    Until then, here is the best we can do

im sure it will be the end of the month or beginning of April....

9630 will run .5XX for Verizon
    02-17-10 08:16 PM
    splurrggggg hahahahaha
    02-17-10 08:23 PM
    My contract ends February 28 so I am really hoping that I do not have to wait much longer after that for this phone.
    I upgrade on the 28th too. We wait 2yrs in contract for a new phone! I don't want to wait a day longer. But if I've waited this long y give in for a Tour 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 08:28 PM
    Well I'm giving into the T1 tonight. I reason that it will be good practice using a physical keyboard again for when the T2 does come out. Has anybody had problems returning a phone during the 30 day window I.e. Mail in rebate difficulties, CSR was difficult, etc.

Thanks for any input and glad this is my last time from a S1. Been waiting too long to have a keyboard again.

02-17-10 08:40 PM
    "launch in the next several months"?

what kind of time frame is that? Ohh yeah it'll be here sometime between February and December...
    the second half of C1Q10 smart guy.
    02-17-10 08:44 PM
    I did it once and was out of verizon in fifteen minutes..but i also didnt send in my rebate right away b/c that could cause some difficulties with the phone you are trading in for. So my opinion is to get the T1 and just not send the rebate in until you know for sure the T2 isn't comin out in the 30 days you have
    02-17-10 08:45 PM
    Well I'm giving into the T1 tonight. I reason that it will be good practice using a physical keyboard again for when the T2 does come out. Has anybody had problems returning a phone during the 30 day window I.e. Mail in rebate difficulties, CSR was difficult, etc.

Thanks for any input and glad this is my last time from a S1. Been waiting too long to have a keyboard again.

Did you end up getting it? How is it??
    02-17-10 09:14 PM

I had no problems whatsoever returning my curve 8530 even AFTER i sent the rebate in. He simply cancelled the rebate and fully reimbursed me right on the spot so you shouldn't have any issues at all as long as its within 30 days.
    02-17-10 09:25 PM
    i had my mom go to the verizon store about 2 weeks ago and had her ask about the tour2... She asked 3 employees roaming the store they all acknowledged the question and said it will be here soon. Each of the employees had different answers but the answers were.. 2-3 weeks, Mid March and End of Q1. So, hopefully itll be here very soon and i know we're all waiting.. Just try to hold off!
    02-17-10 09:41 PM
    i had my mom go to the verizon store about 2 weeks ago and had her ask about the tour2... She asked 3 employees roaming the store they all acknowledged the question and said it will be here soon. Each of the employees had different answers but the answers were.. 2-3 weeks, Mid March and End of Q1. So, hopefully itll be here very soon and i know we're all waiting.. Just try to hold off!
    Can't wait

Unfortunately I caved last week and bought a Tour on ebay... But I'm still getting the Tour 2 as soon as it's here.
    02-17-10 10:04 PM
    Until then, here is the best we can do

well at least it looks good in pictures.
    02-17-10 10:41 PM
    maybe i'll just cut the picture out and walk around with that in my hand...
    02-17-10 10:44 PM
    you just cant forget the cardboard to glue the cut out to so that it is not just falling all over the place.
    02-17-10 10:52 PM
    you just cant forget the cardboard to glue the cut out to so that it is not just falling all over the place.
    true... and i might even slap a little LED on it to make it look authentic.
    02-17-10 10:54 PM
    true... and i might even slap a little LED on it to make it look authentic.
    getting all fancy with the cut out now
    02-17-10 10:56 PM
    yeah well its not like my time is occupied playing with an actual T2 or anything. god forbid that would ever happen.
    02-17-10 10:58 PM
    You and me both. We could connect a string between the two. Ah heck, we'll have a release date soon I'm sure. I mean, I hope.

It was nice to have Sal back for those couple days. I sure hope everything is okay with him and his family. We should hear something concrete by next week. Any longer, and it must be something major with the OS, which if you are in the software biz, you know how long things can be delayed.
    02-17-10 11:02 PM
    yeah there's gotta be some sort of announcement before the end of Feb, which is thankfully a short month. If not then there really is somethin goin on. hopefully sprints release will push verizon to move their butts. then again, maybe not.
    02-17-10 11:04 PM
    yeah there's gotta be some sort of announcement before the end of Feb, which is thankfully a short month. If not then there really is somethin goin on. hopefully sprints release will push verizon to move their butts. then again, maybe not.
    Nah verizon has nobody to impress. They will take their sweet time if they have to.

02-17-10 11:49 PM
    sooo ive been waiting for this phone for 3 months already and now my current phone is wrecked (thanks to my wonderful little cousin throwing it in the toilet). guess i cant hold on any longer..TOUR1 here i come O.o can anyone give me some info if "Sprint" is gonna release within a month. my days are slim!
    02-18-10 12:41 AM
    wait....i dont even know why i really asked. reading all these forums i should know better. NOBODY knows! lol
    02-18-10 12:44 AM
    Yeah, only if we could not get our hands on it.

well at least it looks good in pictures.
    02-18-10 06:19 AM
    Did you end up getting it? How is it??
    Well I didn't end up getting the T1. I ended up waiting for over 45 minutes watching two people but flip phones and two reps demonstrate all the features while three other reps didn't even acknowledge me. This is the second time I have had trouble at this store. The first time a rep told me that I should order it online and I could return it in store. After calling VZW I was told that was not true. I'm planning in trying to go today at lunch after court. Hopefully it won't be as bad. Whoever said to not mail in the rebate, that's what I will do, though it sucks floating $300 since its a 1 year I do.

02-18-10 07:24 AM
    Well I didn't end up getting the T1. I ended up waiting for over 45 minutes watching two people but flip phones and two reps demonstrate all the features while three other reps didn't even acknowledge me. This is the second time I have had trouble at this store. The first time a rep told me that I should order it online and I could return it in store. After calling VZW I was told that was not true. I'm planning in trying to go today at lunch after court. Hopefully it won't be as bad. Whoever said to not mail in the rebate, that's what I will do, though it sucks floating $300 since its a 1 year I do.

I got a droid and mailed in the rebate, then I wanted to return my droid. The rebate had already came in the mail, I hadn't used it yet. When I went to return the phone the Rep just took off the 100 from the price he was returning to me, so I got $213 instead of $313. It was really easy however it does take them a couple business days to get the funds back to your bank account if you pay with a credit card
    02-18-10 07:43 AM
23,186 ... 9495969798 ...