I would think if they're giving this any attention at all, it's probably just to laugh at us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You would think they would have better things to do
    02-17-10 01:21 PM
    i feel like im trying to catch the attention of a girl at a party who could give two craps...
    Last edited by screamndigit; 02-17-10 at 01:44 PM.
    02-17-10 01:30 PM
    I was just making a sarcastic joke reflecting our situation. I'm sure they don't give a crap about this either way.

02-17-10 01:48 PM
    @screamndigit - good analogy! Lol

02-17-10 01:49 PM
    Well I "twittered" with BBMCHAT today telling him that I am up for an upgrade and which Blackberry to get. Within in a minute, he responded and said wait for the T2. I asked when, he said that it was suppose to be out february 3 (as we have heard), but it should be soon.

I know this doesn't answer any questions...but man...this wait is annoying...

I know I am preaching to the choir on this one!
    02-17-10 02:38 PM
    I know I am preaching to the choir on this one!
    AMEN

10char
    02-17-10 02:42 PM
    the tour was released on a sunday.
    I was wondering the same since I was told that Verizon and Sprint released the same day with the Tour. I heard that Sprint is Sunday and Verizon was Wednesday, but not who switched to release on the same day.

Looks like Verizon shuffled around to meet Sprint's release date, maybe they will again and this Sunday will be the magical day.
    02-17-10 02:50 PM
    Welcome to the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones section

I wonder if 159 pages of speculation have encouraged VZW to hurry the release date? <GD&R>
    02-17-10 03:15 PM
    lol yes that is all we do here
    02-17-10 03:28 PM
    Thank you. Now, tell me about this new Tour with Tpad and Wifi - LOL

I sure hope we have a release date by next week.
    02-17-10 03:30 PM
    I hate reading articles such as this. Read the last paragraph. It's pretty broad, but why not say in the next 14 days or 7?

Sprint Pushing Out BlackBerry Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.484 Through Desktop Manager | BerryReview.com �
    02-17-10 03:56 PM
    This is from some Tech research on the Asian supply chain...

"The Tour-2 (�Essex�) will launch in the next several months with initial build plans calling for 4-5M in 2010. RIMM orders are expected to ramp in the second half of C1Q10 on account of several new models."
    I still stand by the above post. Analysts who track RIMM know what the supply chain is producing at the time. Patience...
    02-17-10 04:28 PM
    "launch in the next several months"?

what kind of time frame is that? Ohh yeah it'll be here sometime between February and December...
    02-17-10 04:54 PM
    Seriously, I was so looking for to its release finally occurring this week.

i can't believe there's been nothing going on with this phone or the 5.0 update for the Tour. a few days ago there was so much excitement, now it's so quiet.
    02-17-10 05:38 PM
    Came within a mouse click of getting a 9700 today (somewhat better phone than the Tour2 IMHO) but backed off at the last click because I still feel a paid for 8330 with NO CONTRACT is *much* more desirable than a Tour2 or even the 9700 with a 2 year obligation.

I guess what I'm saying is when the Tour2 finally does release I'll be sticking with the 8330, I've come to really like the little critter! I know it's old and totally obsolete but.... so am I! <G>
    02-17-10 06:12 PM
    Unfortunately Verizon doesn't offer the 9700 so I am holding out for the Tour 2.

Anyone heard any updates today?

Came within a mouse click of getting a 9700 today (somewhat better phone than the Tour2 IMHO) but backed off at the last click because I still feel a paid for 8330 with NO CONTRACT is *much* more desirable than a Tour2 or even the 9700 with a 2 year obligation.

I guess what I'm saying is when the Tour2 finally does release I'll be sticking with the 8330, I've come to really like the little critter! I know it's old and totally obsolete but.... so am I! <G>
    02-17-10 06:52 PM
    My contract ends February 28 so I am really hoping that I do not have to wait much longer after that for this phone.
    02-17-10 06:59 PM
    Unfortunately Verizon doesn't offer the 9700 so I am holding out for the Tour 2.
    But T-Mo does and I can live very nicely with their coverage. What I can't live with is another contract nor do I want to buy a phone outright again so it looks like the 8330 beats 'em all for me! OS 5 (with the NathanX hybrid) made it a VERY nice phone.

We'll see what the announced price of the Tour2 might be but T-Mo has just done a very nice price drop on the 9700 so *IF* T-Mo's coverage works for you, why wait for the Tour2?

Here's my thinking:
    9700 is better than T2 in some ways and less expensive.
    T-Mo is less expensive than VZW (for me maybe $8-$10/mo?)
    T-Mo has worse coverage than VZW.

It comes down to coverage and how much you travel.
    02-17-10 07:03 PM
    Glad you can; tried them before in my area and the coverage was horrible; only Verizon worked best.

And as you highlighted:

But T-Mo does and I can live very nicely with their coverage. What I can't live with is another contract nor do I want to buy a phone outright again so it looks like the 8330 beats 'em all for me! OS 5 (with the NathanX hybrid) made it a VERY nice phone.

We'll see what the announced price of the Tour2 might be but T-Mo has just done a very nice price drop on the 9700 so *IF* T-Mo's coverage works for you, why wait for the Tour2?

Here's my thinking:

02-17-10 07:25 PM
    I said two weeks ago...mid-march or early April....
    02-17-10 07:44 PM
    The way things are going, you just might end up being right

I said two weeks ago...mid-march or early April....
    02-17-10 07:53 PM
    I really think it'll be released in march. I doubt this month- maybe the tour 5.0, but not the t2
    02-17-10 07:55 PM
    Yeah, but makes you wonder why Verizon is dragging their feet. Granted the 5.0 needs to come out first, but by the time the Tour 2 makes it out, the competition is going to be moving onward and upward.

I really think it'll be released in march. I doubt this month- maybe the tour 5.0, but not the t2
    02-17-10 08:00 PM

Here's my thinking:

Go with Sprint!!! lol I have Sprint and love their coverage and cost of plans, no other carrier can compete with the everything data plans with any mobile. For example, family plan 1500 min unlimited data and texts is $129 and that includes two blackberry's, pre's, hero's etc... How much would that same plan cost on Tmobile, ATT or Verizon? Over $160 if I am correct.
    02-17-10 08:12 PM
    im sure it will be the end of the month or beginning of April....

9630 will run .5XX for Verizon
    02-17-10 08:14 PM
23,186 ... 9394959697 ...