Oh and congrats to Prince too

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    Thanks Jaydee!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-17-13 11:23 PM

But once I do find that thread, I will surely congratulate our local celeb. Eh, why wait - CONGRATULATIONS, JAYDEE. And apparently, you, too.
    Thank you F2!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-17-13 11:24 PM
    Free app today for Fred!
    Runtastic Pro.....keeps track of all the miles you have to run away from the raking you do in the fall..........
    FF22 likes this.
    12-18-13 06:29 AM
    I wonder if it could tally the distance and all the trips for more gun and/or wine?
    jaydee5799 and FF22 like this.
    12-18-13 06:53 AM
    I wonder if it could tally the distance and all the trips for more gun and/or wine?
    Problem is I don't WALK or RUN anywhere to get my gun and tonic or wine. I drive my car! Don't know if it works for that......
    underway99 likes this.
    12-18-13 08:35 AM
    So Ramblers, one more morning to get up with the alarm clock and get to work. And then after tomorrow...I am on vacation till January 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-19-13 08:41 AM
    Problem is I don't WALK or RUN anywhere to get my gun and tonic or wine. I drive my car! Don't know if it works for that......
    Ah, an apropos thread..............

I would have driven to get such products but I joined Jaydee in having a wrecked car yesterday. Was on the way to the gym (Oh, I erased Runtastic after reading it was a temp freebie) when a guy ran a red light and hit the rear quarter panel on the passenger side of my car. My car and I then did a full 360. Mentally shaken up and I don't know the full damage but I was actually able to drive my car home. It is/was an Outback and the rear hatch is sprung and rear bumper was holding on with 2 screws on the driver's side so we ripped it off. The engine check light is on. It does not look very good and I don't know if the body/frame was canted.

The interesting aspect, is the other driver was a VW dealer mechanic taking a patron's car out for a test drive. I would not have liked to make that call. Speaking to them afterward, I believe that car is TOTALED. Since it was a dealership, I prevailed on them to give me one of THEIR cars as a loaner while my end gets straightened out. The woman who dealt with the Loaner paperwork happened to witness the accident. She said she saw me do the 360 and he was going fast. But I don't know if she'd be willing to confirm that since she works there!!!

I'm a tad stiff. (call the doc and lawyer).

Oh, and I had been out early a.m. in the snow and ice and had no real issues. This intersection was not icy/snowy when this happened - just happened on the snow/ice day and all appraisers are busy!!!!
    12-21-13 09:48 AM
    Fred! My god! So glad you are unharmed. Sorry about the car. Good god man! That's terrible! What a headache now trying to get a new car out of the deal. Good luck!!!!

So glad you are doing okay!!!!

FF22 likes this.
    12-21-13 11:56 AM
    Fred! My god! So glad you are unharmed. Sorry about the car. Good god man! That's terrible! What a headache now trying to get a new car out of the deal. Good luck!!!!

So glad you are doing okay!!!!

Thanks. The good thing about sudden unexpected accidents is that you don't have time to tense up. It is just BOOM!!! and you are pirouetting through the intersection. The heart got as much cardio as gym would have generated.

I don't know the status of my car. If it can't be repaired, I'm sure that I will be out-of-pocket quite a bit. Although the 2000 Outback was in good shape with no dings, I'm sure book value will not be good. I'm not really into the hassle right now. Still getting the house back in order. Shredded 5 inch and 3 inch floppy disks the other day and shredded tons more papers. Worst, I'm trying to decide whether to face Costco on the Sat before Christmas!!!!!

The other guy was young and while he was alone, both air bags went off. Interesting, the air bag "protector" on the passenger side broke the windshield in two locations corresponding with its corners - really blew and hit with force!
    12-21-13 12:52 PM
    Yeah it sounds like the adjuster will total it. Then begins the process of locating one you want to buy and getting it delivered. A loaner in the meantime is the important thing. And that you are SAFE AND OK.
    The rest will work out after a while. The paperwork was atrocious. I took pics of everything so I had it all when I went somewhere in case I needed to answer a question of account number, claim number, etc.

Costco NOW?????????????????????
    You need a large caliber weapon...or a drink first!
    12-21-13 03:58 PM
    OMG, FRED!

Thank goodness you are alright!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-13 04:14 PM
    Let me add to that last post: I need a drink now as well. I loaded the new leak. Did not wipe because of my VZW APN problem with MMS. and now i am restoring from a backup. Fingers crossed. I will let you know what happens soon.

Oh and I already got my pink bubbly drink out!
    12-21-13 04:40 PM
    OMG, FRED!

Thank goodness you are alright!!!!!
    A little stiff - popping anti-inflammatories!!!
    12-21-13 05:51 PM
    Let me add to that last post: I need a drink now as well. I loaded the new leak. Did not wipe because of my VZW APN problem with MMS. and now i am restoring from a backup. Fingers crossed. I will let you know what happens soon.

Oh, like you need an excuse!

Let us know how it goes. I'm pretty happy with the Last Leak although my phone does tend to spontaneously reboot once or twice a day.
    12-21-13 05:52 PM

Drinking always helps
    underway99 likes this.
    12-21-13 06:08 PM
    A little stiff - popping anti-inflammatories!!!
    I can imagine. So sorry this happened to you. Hope insurance covers most of it for you.

And keep taking those pain pills...
    12-21-13 06:09 PM
    Oh, like you need an excuse!

Let us know how it goes. I'm pretty happy with the Last Leak although my phone does tend to spontaneously reboot once or twice a day.
    I'm gonna load this leak tonight. Why not. LOL
    12-21-13 06:09 PM
    Ah, an apropos thread.............
    Wow. Good to hear that you're OK.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-21-13 07:35 PM

I'm still on the fence WRT this leak. My Z10 is really running pretty well on 1055. My only real concerns are that I often get a black screen after unlocking with the picture password, and that the clock often remains open in an active frame when I unplug in the morning.

I know that lots of folks are gushing about how much faster their device is running, but how much of that is the performance bump that comes with a wipe and reload?
    12-21-13 07:41 PM
    I did not wipe after installing. And I do t see any speed increase right now. However I did get back mms so I am happy.

underway99 likes this.
    12-21-13 07:48 PM
    I also had a few random reboots and I am glad I switched. Hopefully they stop.

12-21-13 07:49 PM
    I also had a few random reboots and I am glad I switched. Hopefully they stop.

Oh, so you have had those random reboots. Definitely will follow your lead if it seems stable. Oh, I forget - that means reloading everything. I really want the OTA or Sachesi load where you can load on top and not lose everything!
    12-22-13 11:57 AM
    I loaded with the autoloader and then restored from my 1055. No setup required. I didn't lose a thing. And did not have to reload except for SNAP. Once that was side loaded I could install all the stuff ota.
    FF22 and underway99 like this.
    12-22-13 01:38 PM
    Am I correct, is there yet another even newer leak?

Well, I was visited by the appraiser - he thought it would be totaled but I will be informed. On the way back from Costco, where the incredibly long lines turned me off and I bolted..... I visited the Subaru dealer nearby. They have no more new 2013's and new 2014's. He had a few relatively low mileage 2013's USED. About 15,000 miles, with a full warranty, certified (whatever that really means), additional coverage and two season lift tickets to a ski area as well as new skis and now I don't recall - rack, maybe.
    12-23-13 05:22 PM
    Oh boy. So many choices. In cars and leaks.

Lol. I am staying put but they say there is another one out.

12-23-13 05:44 PM
23,186 ... 903904905906907 ...