OK I obviously did a diff kind of upgrade from you!
    CONGRATS F2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-29-13 06:02 PM
    It might run a little slow or hot while the hub gets all the stuff back in place. But pretty much things should be normal.
    10-29-13 06:02 PM
    Notice I never say that about MY phone
    10-29-13 06:03 PM
    While attempting to install the UNlocked runtime, Sachesi imploded on my computer. It did it a second time. I just restarted the z10 (vol buttons). And try again.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-29-13 06:24 PM
    OK you had the files downloaded and installed with Sachesi and you are done already?
    Scary, huh! Maybe it did not work.

Sachesi imploded again just now after a phone reboot. Maybe I need to reboot the computer.
    10-29-13 06:27 PM
    Scary, huh! Maybe it did not work.

Sachesi imploded again just now after a phone reboot. Maybe I need to reboot the computer.
    What? You tried to load the runtime and it can't?
    10-29-13 06:46 PM
    Well, something must have worked.

I just opened Shazam and it recognized the Beattles. I also opened GoogleEarth and it opened linked photos.

So why didn't you folks encourage me to do this earlier!?????

Thanks for spurring, pushing, prodding and yanking me JayDee!!!!
    jaydee5799 and westiewanderer like this.
    10-29-13 07:15 PM
    What? You tried to load the runtime and it can't?
    Sachesi kept imploding. I used Chrome which did work.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-29-13 07:16 PM
    Sachesi kept imploding. I used Chrome which did work.
    I don't use Sachesi for anything. I always use vnBB for sideloading.
    And you're welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now load Candy Crush and play away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-29-13 07:46 PM
    Candy Crush - eh, now if it were called CHOCOLATE Crush or Potato Chip Crush!

Where should I look for Candy Crush.

Oh, PASSWORD question. To use Chrome I needed to enable Development Mode and that required a Password. But it appears that under OS 10.2, the password can only be NUMBERS?? Is that right? I've used an alpha and numeric password forever!
    10-29-13 07:53 PM

Oh, PASSWORD question. To use Chrome I needed to enable Development Mode and that required a Password. But it appears that under OS 10.2, the password can only be NUMBERS?? Is that right? I've used an alpha and numeric password forever!
    Yes its called simple password. I always disable the password after I'm done sideloading.

I don't know about adding characters..........................
    10-29-13 07:57 PM

Candy Crush...I dunno. Try one of the sideloading threads? or ask Lendo. He might know.
    10-29-13 07:59 PM
    Yes its called simple password. I always disable the password after I'm done sideloading.

I don't know about adding characters..........................
    Yes, before posting a more general message I went to the Password Screen and noticed the "simple password!"

Thanks.
    10-29-13 08:12 PM
    Yes, before posting a more general message I went to the Password Screen and noticed the "simple password!"

Thanks.
    It's so much simpler to use.
    10-29-13 09:00 PM
    It's so much simpler to use.
    Except when you are use to using the same password on the Playbook and phone and it is the one I'm now comfortable using and it required letters, too.

Of course, if they came up with a swipe sequence for the phone, I could get behind that as a password.
    10-29-13 10:51 PM
    Except when you are use to using the same password on the Playbook and phone and it is the one I'm now comfortable using and it required letters, too.

Of course, if they came up with a swipe sequence for the phone, I could get behind that as a password.
    yeah I might be able to do that as well. I don't usually password my device. But sometimes I do!
    10-30-13 05:22 AM
    I read about using a NFC tag and script to unlock my device. I want to put a tag in my watchband and unlock my phone by tapping my wrist. Once unlocked, the phone would lock when separated from me.
    10-30-13 07:54 AM
    Nice Job F2!! *grins*
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-13 08:00 AM
    I read about using a NFC tag and script to unlock my device. I want to put a tag in my watchband and unlock my phone by tapping my wrist. Once unlocked, the phone would lock when separated from me.
    Great idea!
    I tried NFC tags in my car, tapping on the tag set the device BT on and shut wifi off.
    It worked most of the time but was a pain to set up. I think It might be easier now though with bb10
    10-30-13 08:27 AM
    Nice Job F2!! *grins*
    We are so proud of F2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-13 08:27 AM
    (puffs on fingers and polishes medal). Well, it went much faster than I expected. After the initial update, none of my Android apps from either appworld or sideloaded would work (GhostCommander and others from appworld just went blank as did sideloaded). Then Sachesi died over and over trying to get the UNlocked runtime installed. I wonder about what caused that - maybe the computer needed to be rebooted but with my stupid 60-70 tabs in Firefox, closing down and then restarting is a royal pain. Then loaded the runtime via Chrome but Android stuff still did not open. So I rebooted TWICE and then they worked.

So, Jaydee, you suggested how to get the "leak" using Sachesi but did not use Sachesi to actually load it? It really did go faster than expected.

I do have an anomaly that I read about - the Version info shown by the phone shows Software Release 10.1.0.2039 under About/General whereas About/OS shows same Software release but OS Version 10.2.0.1767. I gather using this method causes that "visual" discrepancy??? Radio version is 10.2.0.1768.
    10-30-13 08:54 AM
    I downloaded the 1767 with Sachesi and installed using same.
    The second time I downloaded 1725 using Sachesi I believe but installed using autloader which did a complete wipe and solved my overheating problems.
    10-30-13 09:49 AM
    I was lucky I did the update OTA with my Roger's sim. Otherwise I think I would have just used autoloader.
    10-30-13 10:17 AM
    The autoloader was the best choice for me because something inside the existing OS was wrong. Probably an app but who really knows which one or which setting killed things. I have to really need an OS to use autoloader tho.
    10-30-13 10:32 AM
    But autoloader is fast! You can't deny that. And if you can restore like I could now if I back up my phone, then it takes no time at all!
    10-30-13 10:32 AM
23,186 ... 887888889890891 ...