Oh, NEW PHONES coupled with NEW OS. I'm already shy a few hairs on my head!

I definitely RESENT the CRIPPLED Bridge. I really liked opening my emails on the pb. DAMN THEM.
    Maybe we will get an updated OS for PB that will allow us better Bridge.
    Or an app for that! LMAO!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-13 07:54 AM
    Mine still not working. Probably have to reboot.
    I think it's ok now. Must have been a problem last night.
    I really miss BB Traffic but they say its all built into Maps. It does have voice and turn by turn so I guess it's technically the same. Traffic was probably the most used app on my phone after BBM.
    09-13-13 07:56 AM
    How do you like BeMaps?
    09-13-13 08:26 AM
    Stuff I should probably raise in the z10.....

Ah, well, I'm here. I copied a homemade mp4 file to the z10 of one of my trips (I create a dvd movie from the slides). The image is "widened" and frankly I don't need any help in the WIDENING area. It seems to show correctly on my PB and on my computer. There does not seem to be a setting to alter this behavior. If not connected to the tv, the DISPLAY/hdmi setting is grayed out.

Okay, let's open the CASE issue - what do folks recommend in all categories (other than Jaydee who has one in each color and style!). I think I've gotten beyond the Otterbox TANK stage.

MAPPING: any offline US Maps. I know that my Tomtom only uses about 2gigs for the entire US/Canada.
    09-13-13 09:08 AM
    I have the Seidio Active 2-part case that I swap with the OEM leather pocket pouch. I went with this because I am NOT beyond the Otterbox TANK stage. This is very similar to the Otterbox Commuter (not so much like a tank) which is not available for Z10. I also have a silicone case that I don't like very much. It kind of sticks in my pocket and pulls lots of pocket lint.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-13 09:55 AM
    Stuff I should probably raise in the z10.....

Ah, well, I'm here. I copied a homemade mp4 file to the z10 of one of my trips (I create a dvd movie from the slides). The image is "widened" and frankly I don't need any help in the WIDENING area. It seems to show correctly on my PB and on my computer. There does not seem to be a setting to alter this behavior. If not connected to the tv, the DISPLAY/hdmi setting is grayed out.

Okay, let's open the CASE issue - what do folks recommend in all categories (other than Jaydee who has one in each color and style!). I think I've gotten beyond the Otterbox TANK stage.

MAPPING: any offline US Maps. I know that my Tomtom only uses about 2gigs for the entire US/Canada.
    Try Mirreo Don't Panic.
    I think they have offline maps. Not sure tho.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:20 AM
    How do you like BeMaps?
    I bought it because someone said it was so much better than the regular Maps. I don't see it. But its fine.
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:22 AM
    I've resisted BeMaps so far. I'm getting by with BBMaps and with Google Maps. I'm also holding off because Bellshare still has not responded to my question about upgrading BeBuzz. Three weeks is too long.
    09-13-13 10:29 AM
    Also, Underway I wrote to Mobile Nations about that thing we talked about before to get it taken care of.
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 10:59 AM
    Try Mirreo Don't Panic.
    I think they have offline maps. Not sure tho.
    They do. North America is $25. Western Europe (well, I can hope) is 30 Euros or $40.00.

Free one week trial of any map. Downloading (very slowly) the US map.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-13 11:10 AM
    I've resisted BeMaps so far. I'm getting by with BBMaps and with Google Maps. I'm also holding off because Bellshare still has not responded to my question about upgrading BeBuzz. Three weeks is too long.
    They have never had the best customer response time. Maybe they send English inquiries out to a translator!
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 11:11 AM
    Also, Underway I wrote to Mobile Nations about that thing we talked about before to get it taken care of.
    Thanks. I just did the same thing three minutes ago. I sent a second request, this time to a mod via PM. He sent me back to the accounts folks. I just hit SEND on the email.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-13 11:20 AM
    They have never had the best customer response time. Maybe they send English inquiries out to a translator!
    I left my message with them right on their support site. Should have translated to German on the spot...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-13 11:23 AM
    No dang BBM yet !!!!!😣😣😣

Sent from my iPhone 5
    09-13-13 11:39 AM
    The last rumored release date was yesterday. You know, a BlackBerry comes with BBM preloaded. Just sayin'...
    FF22 and buford07 like this.
    09-13-13 11:50 AM
    The last rumored release date was yesterday. You know, a BlackBerry comes with BBM preloaded. Just sayin'...
    What we have been trying to tell this guy all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    underway99 and buford07 like this.
    09-13-13 12:02 PM
    They do. North America is $25. Western Europe (well, I can hope) is 30 Euros or $40.00.

Free one week trial of any map. Downloading (very slowly) the US map.
    Yes, slowly is the operative word! But if it does what you want then it will be worth it I guess.
    09-13-13 12:03 PM
    re Mireo download

Yes, slowly is the operative word! But if it does what you want then it will be worth it I guess.
    S L O W is not even half of it. Been going for more than an hour and it is only at 33% with two more hours to go!!!

And I don't know if it is using my wifi for the download the the phone's data (good thing I'm still unlimited) but that means I don't want to take my phone with me. I guess it does have a Pause option.

(sniff) I can't leave me new phone Home Alone! Of course, my very high tech bubble wrap case is a sight for sore eyes!!!
    09-13-13 12:28 PM
    High tech bubble wrap case? Oh good lord!!!! :rollyeyes:

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 12:56 PM
    Sure beats wrapping it in a (hopefully fresh) kleenex or McDonalds' napkin.
    09-13-13 01:01 PM
    I knew you'd appreciate the bubble wrap

Downloading on data at the gym and the phone is hot

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-13 01:04 PM
    The phone will likely be intermittantly warm and cool for a day or two while it does all its indexing and such. If it's still doing it tomorrow, pull the battery (yes, the BP lives!) for about 30 minutes.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-13 01:07 PM
    I knew you'd appreciate the bubble wrap

Downloading on data at the gym and the phone is hot

Posted via CB10
    Always hot when downloading massive amounts of data.
    WTF are you doing to your phone F2??? you'll make the bubble wrap melt!
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 01:15 PM
    Sure beats wrapping it in a (hopefully fresh) kleenex or McDonalds' napkin.
    Ohhhhhh, a good idea for when the bubble wrap fails!
    underway99 likes this.
    09-13-13 02:36 PM
    Twin-layer protection is always best!
    09-13-13 02:38 PM
23,186 ... 831832833834835 ...