Hush yo mouth !!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5
    No for real. I thought I saw on the front page of CB that there was a delay coming????
    09-11-13 11:46 AM
    HELP! HELP!!!!!!!

NOW WHAT?

I just picked up a Z10. I am completely lost!

I THINK that I am RESTORING using BB Protect so hopefully, I will have my Contacts and maybe my Calendar. What about Memo's? I think I recall reading there is a new app that can or does use them.

It keeps showing me Upward swipe symbols. How do I see ALL apps? How do I search so I can find Wifi and set it up on my home wifi system?

How do I ask HOW!!!

PS: I would like a case. I did purchase a Screen Protector at the verizon store where I verified the phone serial number was good. Ah, yes, contacts and calendar and memos moved across. Back to a CASE??? I think I would like some form of slip case that protects the screen when I toss it in my daypack or bike bag. Does this thing have a Sleep Magnetic accessory? If so, I'd like a case that triggers that. Oh, I have a CB gift certificate, so a case that they carry would be nice.
    09-12-13 04:41 PM
    Okay, where are all you AMBASSADORS when an ambassador needs you?
    09-12-13 05:10 PM
    F2, did you watch any of the how-to videos on the Z10?
    There are a bunch of them at VZW's site. They will show you how to use the phone.
    I don't use any case with a magnetic button that shuts it down. I don't even know if there is a holster that does that. I use any case I want and press the button on the top and it puts it into sleep mode.

Be careful buying things from CB. Use Paypal and not your credit card. Enough said.

I also use a screen protector that I got from VZW in a three pack. They have saved me from scratches already so its a good investment.

To see all apps, you scroll to the left. there are page numbers at the bottom.

To answer a call swipe down from the center. To wake up the screen swipe up from the bottom on the word blackberry.
    09-12-13 06:25 PM
    Swipe down from the top of the screen and you will see wifi, settings, profiles and other quick shortcuts. Use the wifi to get into the system setting and set up your home wifi

People always think the Z10 is the same old thing. Its a completely different entity. Now you see what we mean.
    09-12-13 06:27 PM
    F2 pm me and I will give you my phone number. You can call me and I can help you over the phone if you'd like.
    09-12-13 06:27 PM
    Search is on the home screen at the bottom. the magnifying glass. type in wifi or anything else you want.
    09-12-13 06:29 PM
    Dear Ambassador JayDee

Thanks. I am slowly learning. I don't know if this thing has a media card but at the moment I'm copying music to the internal memory. I already added the anemic Bridge and Ghost Commander.

When I tried using the wifi 192.168.1.xx/media, it wants my userid which I don't yet know for the z10 (kind of like the same for the Playbook). Once it finishes copying using the usb, I will play - my usb cable disconnects if I look at it wrong!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-12-13 06:49 PM
    Are you ok for a while F2???
    What else do you need??
    09-12-13 07:10 PM
    Dear Ambassador JayDee

Thanks. I am slowly learning. I don't know if this thing has a media card but at the moment I'm copying music to the internal memory. I already added the anemic Bridge and Ghost Commander.

When I tried using the wifi 192.168.1.xx/media, it wants my userid which I don't yet know for the z10 (kind of like the same for the Playbook). Once it finishes copying using the usb, I will play - my usb cable disconnects if I look at it wrong!
    OK but I'm serious F2.
    Let me know if you need my phone number and I'd be glad to answer any questions I can for you!
    or BBM me. Aren't we in the same Ambassador group?
    LMAO!!!!!!!!
    09-12-13 07:30 PM
    Media card....i don't think it comes with one but you can insert your Bold media card if you want.
    I would copy everything off onto a pc and then format the card IN the phone and then move stuff back if you wanna keep it.

But the internal memory is fine for you to copy music to and pics etc.
    09-12-13 07:32 PM
    Okay, I've got an ADVANCED question! Well, not really but how does one go about loading, ahem, leaked, hybrid, Apple (just kidding) OS's on this thing?

I will PM you in a bit. I have not added BBM groups to this yet unless it copied over from the Bold. I had my even OLDER media card from the earlier bold.

I am having trouble with the Swipe after I swipe it on. Maybe I'm not swiping far (toward top) enough?

The HOME screen does not rotate to landscape?
    09-12-13 08:06 PM
    Okay, I've got an ADVANCED question! Well, not really but how does one go about loading, ahem, leaked, hybrid, Apple (just kidding) OS's on this thing?

I will PM you in a bit. I have not added BBM groups to this yet unless it copied over from the Bold. I had my even OLDER media card from the earlier bold.

I am having trouble with the Swipe after I swipe it on. Maybe I'm not swiping far (toward top) enough?

The HOME screen does not rotate to landscape?
    Hey F2....no HOME screen if you can call it that lol, does not rotate to landscape.

And by swipe up if you mean to unlock, yes swipe all the way up. All your BBM groups should have been associated with your BBID no? So they should have copied over...

Loading a leaked os is far easier than it used to be, but you it's destructive so you lose everything - settings, app data etc unless you restore from LINK. This however has caused issues for some. So a lot of people just start fresh every time.

Dl the leaked os, unzip
    You have to back up device via link.
    Close link and run autoloader (the os you just unzipped) ...let it do its thing
    It will reboot back to factory settings...

Restore if you want, but I would just restore media....and redo settings and re download all your apps.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-13 08:15 PM
    Rumors are that BBM for iPhone will be released tomorrow. Sure hope so.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Well?
    09-12-13 08:34 PM
    Question about the Maps app. Does it find YOUR CURRENT LOCATION? The little spinner in the lower left just, well, SPINS.
    09-12-13 09:21 PM
    Question about the Maps app. Does it find YOUR CURRENT LOCATION? The little spinner in the lower left just, well, SPINS.
    Hmmm. Just tried it and well yes it just SPINS. But that's weird because it worked before:confused I know because I've used it
    09-12-13 09:29 PM
    Hmmm. Just tried it and well yes it just SPINS. But that's weird because it worked before:confused I know because I've used it
    I also had my first LOCK UP!!!! I had to pull the battery. I had opened Maps and then went to see the Video tutorial on it. And something else was open. Video stopped. I was back at the "home" screen with 4 apps showing. I could not do anything. No swipe, no X, NOTHING.

What mapping/traffic program are you using?
    09-12-13 09:40 PM
    I also had my first LOCK UP!!!! I had to pull the battery. I had opened Maps and then went to see the Video tutorial on it. And something else was open. Video stopped. I was back at the "home" screen with 4 apps showing. I could not do anything. No swipe, no X, NOTHING.

I'm thinking there is something wrong with the maps app or there servers or whatever at the moment....
    MAPS has always just loaded up for me. And now it locked up your phone.
    09-12-13 09:42 PM
    Hold that MAP thought! It now just worked. Maybe something was down on THEIR end (whoever THEIR is!).
    09-12-13 09:43 PM
    Oh, NEW PHONES coupled with NEW OS. I'm already shy a few hairs on my head!

I definitely RESENT the CRIPPLED Bridge. I really liked opening my emails on the pb. DAMN THEM.
    09-12-13 09:45 PM
    Hold that MAP thought! It now just worked. Maybe something was down on THEIR end (whoever THEIR is!).
    Mine still not working. Probably have to reboot.
    09-12-13 09:47 PM
    Oh, NEW PHONES coupled with NEW OS. I'm already shy a few hairs on my head!

I definitely RESENT the CRIPPLED Bridge. I really liked opening my emails on the pb. DAMN THEM.
    Yeah BRIDGE has really pissed some people off. But if you want to believe rumours, apparently an update is coming with full function like before.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:49 PM
    I have both the BB Maps loaded and Google Maps sideloaded. The Google Maps is a lot better.
    09-13-13 12:09 AM
    As far as a case, I have a Seidio Active case ($21) and an OEM leather pocket pouch ($16) both from Amazon. If you look at the Active holster clip from Seidio, it has the sleeper magnet.

I just lock the display with the lock button. You can save battery power by disabling gestures while locked. Then you'll have to open with the button instead of swiping up.
    09-13-13 12:15 AM

I have BeMaps Pro
    09-13-13 07:53 AM
23,186 ... 830831832833834 ...