07-07-16 08:56 PM
23,186 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    Like they did with the Storm, Verizon will probably refer to the Tour 2 just as the Tour.

I was in vzw store on Tuesday drilling a rep. He says that it's not calling the Tour2, That is named "ESSEX" and that it's coming but not allowed to give any details and or release. At lease I got conformation on the "ESSEX" from a vzw rep>
    02-11-10 08:23 AM
    I was in vzw store on Tuesday drilling a rep. He says that it's not calling the Tour2, That is named "ESSEX" and that it's coming but not allowed to give any details and or release. At lease I got conformation on the "ESSEX" from a vzw rep>
    Ohh man reps kill me. Did he also refer to the original tour as the niagra?
    Code names are for when they are testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:55 AM
    Everyone needs to stop putting Sal down....he said it would be out by February 3 and it probably will be. If you notice, he didn't say what year....

Here's my new theory.....VZW is the accepted definition of Verizon Wireless...if you give number values to letters, V=22, Z=26 and W=24. That's a total of 72. The 72nd day of the year is March 13th...therefore...the Tour 2 will be released on March 13.

Ridiculous? Of course. Just like my other "theory" posts and just like most of the "theory" posts here. When you want something badly enough, you'll see "signs" everywhere and find ways to interpret them to your desire. And heaven forbid anyone disagrees, they are attacked mercilessly.

Lighten up. We know you want the phone. But it will be released when Verizon and Sprint want to release it...and not before.
    02-11-10 10:26 AM
    FYI...Big red's sale ends on 2/15......time to roll out some new products...no hope though
    Last edited by Tenacious_G; 02-11-10 at 10:35 AM.
    02-11-10 10:30 AM
    I emailed my company's Verizon rep asking about the Tour 2 (Essex 9650) and she said:

"our Data team is saying late March or first of April ..."

I have no idea who "the data team" are, so take it for what it's worth.
    02-11-10 10:48 AM
    I emailed my company's Verizon rep asking about the Tour 2 (Essex 9650) and she said:

Just no. NO.
    02-11-10 11:04 AM
    maybe we should ask Obama to intervene. if he can have a say in a playoff system in NCAA football...why not eh? lulz
    02-11-10 11:09 AM
    So I was going to get lunch and on the radio, a Verizon commercial came on. The announcer was like "The phone you've been waiting for is here...." And as my heart was jumping for joy, it was for the Droid. Talk about disappointment
    02-11-10 11:13 AM
    Nah, cannot imagine them waiting that long.

02-11-10 11:19 AM
    I was just up at Verizon returning my 8530 and reactivating my old phone (wasn't impressed with the 8530 and wanted to use my upgrade for the tour 2).

I asked if there were any new blackberries coming out (of course there are) and he hesitated for a second and said yes, towards the end of March. Now don't kill the messenger here, i'm simply telling you what the rep said.

--- Which would coincide with what MurrayHR posted...
    02-11-10 11:25 AM
    Well, he mirrors the "late March, early April" sentiment......who knows.
    02-11-10 11:27 AM
    Nah, cannot imagine them waiting that long.
    Don't hold your breath.
    02-11-10 11:27 AM
    Next person that calls verizon needs to record it or that gets an email needs to screenshot it. I want to see some proof because I'm highly doubting the end of March early April.
    02-11-10 11:39 AM
    [QUOTE=Mike3636;4657999]I was just up at Verizon returning my 8530 and reactivating my old phone (wasn't impressed with the 8530 and wanted to use my upgrade for the tour 2).

What was it about the 8530 that you didn't like?

Also,what phone were you using prior to the 8530?

Thanks
    02-11-10 11:45 AM
    How the **** are you on a 8320 with VZW? lol
    02-11-10 11:49 AM
    Lol do you not believe us or something? We're telling you what they told us. Take it or leave it. The day you get "proof" is the day you look at your screen and read the official release date. Right now, this is all any of us will get.
    02-11-10 11:49 AM
    Is there any word on when 5.0 for the tour is officially coming out? It seems that that would be one of the best indicators of the drop date.
    02-11-10 11:52 AM
    SECRET R.I.M. MEMO:
    To all employees, the employee's entertainment project schedule:

1. drop hints about Tour 2 and get laughs watching people post silly guesses about the release date.

2. release Tour 2 eventually.

3. wait 30 days for the feeding frenzy to end.

4. drop hints about Tour 3 with faster browser, faster processor, more memory than Tour 2 and get laughs watching people post silly guesses about the release date.

5. Repeat above for Tour 4, Tour 5, etc.
    02-11-10 11:54 AM
    [QUOTE=plstx;4658122]
    I was just up at Verizon returning my 8530 and reactivating my old phone (wasn't impressed with the 8530 and wanted to use my upgrade for the tour 2).

What was it about the 8530 that you didn't like?

Also,what phone were you using prior to the 8530?

Thanks

It was my second curve 2 and each one had a loose trackpad. I also noticed that the bottom screen piece where the green call button sign is located began to start rising up off of the phone. I read another thread on here about somebody having the same problems and it seemed as though it was beginning for me.

I mean other than that, which might very well be me just being picky, I did like it. But knowing there's a better one coming out, at least in the apparent near'ish future, I figured it wont kill me to just wait for a phone I really am excited about, rather than use my upgrade now just because I want a blackberry.

My old phone is just a samsung sway haha. Nothing special, but hey, i'll survive for the time being
    02-11-10 11:56 AM
    Actually that process seems to be with every new Blackberry. I can see why the Verizon reps play dumb with it. Think about it, many people go into the store and will buy based on what they see today; if they hear something better/newer is coming out in a couple of days or weeks, they will likely hold off.

Same thing is with the car business. Go into a dealership who expected the next generation of a car due out in a couple of months, and they play dumb; no never heard of it

SECRET R.I.M. MEMO:
    To all employees, the employee's entertainment project schedule:

1. drop hints about Tour 2 and get laughs watching people post silly guesses about the release date.

2. release Tour 2 eventually.

3. wait 30 days for the feeding frenzy to end.

4. drop hints about Tour 3 with faster browser, faster processor, more memory than Tour 2 and get laughs watching people post silly guesses about the release date.

5. Repeat above for Tour 4, Tour 5, etc.
    02-11-10 12:03 PM
    Yes, the day they release the Tour 2

Is there any word on when 5.0 for the tour is officially coming out? It seems that that would be one of the best indicators of the drop date.
    02-11-10 12:04 PM
    How the **** are you on a 8320 with VZW? lol
    It's an 8330, I noticed I put 8320 and don't know how to edit.
    02-11-10 12:05 PM
    Actually that process seems to be with every new Blackberry. I can see why the Verizon reps play dumb with it. Think about it, many people go into the store and will buy based on what they see today; if they hear something better/newer is coming out in a couple of days or weeks, they will likely hold off.

Same thing is with the car business. Go into a dealership who expected the next generation of a car due out in a couple of months, and they play dumb; no never heard of it
    That's why asking a rep is a worthless exercise that results in frustration for everyone.
    02-11-10 12:05 PM
    That's why asking a rep is a worthless exercise that results in frustration for everyone.
    Very true, but when we're all desperately looking for new information it can be hard to resist while you're there
    02-11-10 12:12 PM
    Very true! Generally just creates more questions and you are better off getting the information here.

02-11-10 12:12 PM
23,186 ... 8182838485 ...