Good point! Think I need to make a trip to Verizon today to try out the trackpad...might just find the Tour 1 is the better way to go :-)

Well, to each his/her own. All I would say is that if you like the trackball more than the trackpad, you'd better get your BB now. From the look of RIM's lineup, I'd bet the trackball is a thing of the past by the end of next year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:30 AM
    Just got home from Verizon and tried the new Curve with the trackpad. Can honestly say I like the trackball better.

Anyone experienced this?
    11-25-09 03:21 PM
    When I tried the trackpad on the 9700, I was amazed at how much I liked it. It just moved so fluidly with such smooth action that I couldn't help be be impressed. I also like how it's easier to press than the trackball. It was more like just pressing a regular button, only it was a nice big, flat button. I loved it. It made me want the Tour 2 sooooo much more. I was thinking about switching to Verizon to get the S2, but I liked the 9700 more than the S2. I hope the Tour 2 will be just as good or even a little better.

Might just just take some time to adapt to the pad.

11-25-09 03:57 PM
    Who needs a track pad? I say bring back the scrolling wheel. Just put one on each side for vertical and horizontal movements. It'd be like playing a video game every time you use your phone!

In all seriousness, I'm saving each blackberry with a different system so that in 50 years when we phones are obsolete and we connect via ear chip I can show my grandkids. Scrolling wheel? Whats that?! You had to manually do that to find information?!
    11-25-09 05:49 PM
    Who needs a track pad? I say bring back the scrolling wheel. Just put one on each side for vertical and horizontal movements. It'd be like playing a video game every time you use your phone!

In all seriousness, I'm saving each blackberry with a different system so that in 50 years when we phones are obsolete and we connect via ear chip I can show my grandkids. Scrolling wheel? Whats that?! You had to manually do that to find information?!
    Put the wheels on the front of the screen instead of the sides. It would be like an etch-a-sketch!
    11-25-09 08:03 PM
    no upgrades on any of the 4 lines on my account until july and already have the tour.

girlfriend will get this new one for herself on a new line of service and come over to my family account but would like to get it for myself also.

with all the problems on the tour wonder if verizon will give a break to the people who bought the original tour. anyone know of any history of something like this happening?
    11-26-09 12:31 AM
    The early Tours, like most Blackberrys, did have some issues. However,if you buy one today, you really are getting a top notch device.

The question is between the trackball or trackpad.

Wonder if Verizon will have any BF specials on the Tour?

no upgrades on any of the 4 lines on my account until july and already have the tour.

girlfriend will get this new one for herself on a new line of service and come over to my family account but would like to get it for myself also.

with all the problems on the tour wonder if verizon will give a break to the people who bought the original tour. anyone know of any history of something like this happening?
    11-26-09 09:34 AM
    Yeah there were a select few people that were able to trade their storm 1 in for a tour when it was releases. You had to have some sort of trackrecord like more than 3 returns of the device for the same issue within 90 days.
    They do it but you got to REALLY have alot of issues with your current device.
    I don't see that being an issue since I just read the tour has had a 50% return rate due tithe trackball.

11-26-09 09:35 AM
    Interesting, can you provide the link to this article?

I just read the tour has had a 50% return rate due tithe trackball.

11-26-09 09:38 AM
    Interesting, can you provide the link to this article?
    RIMM: Trackball Trouble With The Tour? (Updated) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

One of many...
    11-26-09 10:38 AM
    Oh, thought you meant it was a recent article since they indicated they have addressed this issue as the article indicates "trackball issues with early production Tours".

And the article goes onto to clarify:

"Verizon, meanwhile, says the Tour has the lowest return rate of any smartphone it sells. Verizon also says there were initially trackball issues, but that they were caught early, and that it didn�t sell many with bad trackballs."
    11-26-09 12:14 PM
    Well...as a FORMER owner of two Tours, I can most certainly say they weren't caught early enough and they sold at least 2 with trackball problems to one customer. I don't believe Verizon's response in that article as there are far too many reports of Tour trackball problems around launch.
    11-26-09 01:07 PM
    so after 10 pages of this thread, does anyone have an idea when this is supposed to be released on vzw?
    11-26-09 01:10 PM
    Yeah there were a select few people that were able to trade their storm 1 in for a tour when it was releases. You had to have some sort of trackrecord like more than 3 returns of the device for the same issue within 90 days.
    They do it but you got to REALLY have alot of issues with your current device.
    I don't see that being an issue since I just read the tour has had a 50% return rate due tithe trackball.

Then I guess I was lucky with Sprint. Before even thinking about getting a BB I used Windows Mobile devices...(I know don't laugh at me), but the story goes like this - long story short - Had a Mogul, lost it, paid $50 deductible, got refurb one with bad keyboard, called insurance, got upgraded to brand new Touch Pro for free with no contract extension!!!!

Maybe I will lose the tour, get refurb one, complaint, and then maybe I'll get an Tour2!!!! Just kidding. (but it's a thought)
    11-26-09 03:42 PM
    The early Tours, like most Blackberrys, did have some issues. However,if you buy one today, you really are getting a top notch device.

The question is between the trackball or trackpad.

Wonder if Verizon will have any BF specials on the Tour?
    Hardly top notch. Trackball problems still exist. I returned the Tour I bought a month ago because of a terrible trackball. I would kill for a trackpad. And it doesn't have WiFi. A solid phone, yes. Top notch? Not so much.
    11-26-09 06:10 PM
    cant wait for this phone. just bought a tour but the idea of trackpad and wifi is too tempting to pass up
    11-26-09 08:07 PM
    The wait continues...December anytime?

so after 10 pages of this thread, does anyone have an idea when this is supposed to be released on vzw?
    11-26-09 08:22 PM
    Yeah, i'm getting impatient because my 8330 is at it's limit.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-26-09 at 10:13 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    11-26-09 10:00 PM
    I so wish we had a date for this thing!
    11-27-09 02:23 AM
    December 15
    11-27-09 06:33 AM
    December 15
    You have posted this before but have no evidence to back it up other than a confused customer service rep.
    11-27-09 08:29 AM
    I talked to a VZW salesperson this evening. He said that VZW released a press release stating that they would receive the Tour2 but not until July.

What is the rumored release date at Verizon for the Essex?
    11-27-09 07:41 PM
    Forget Verizon(They sound like a bratty kid whining right now w/ their carrier bashing). If not december, let's hope for a Jan release.

11-27-09 07:50 PM
    December/January would be perfect as I am eligible for an update Dec 5th.

Forget Verizon(They sound like a bratty kid whining right now w/ their carrier bashing). If not december, let's hope for a Jan release.

11-27-09 08:13 PM
    Don't think that sounds too accurate...JULY?

I talked to a VZW salesperson this evening. He said that VZW released a press release stating that they would receive the Tour2 but not until July.
    11-27-09 08:17 PM
23,186 ... 678910 ...