Woohhooooo! You go girl! But save your liver for Savannah!! LMAO
    You got it girlfriend!!!!
    Ohhhhhh and bring walking shoes. We need to shop! LMAO
    westiewanderer likes this.
    03-28-13 03:55 PM
    I had a thought a bit ago. If Big Red's sales folks are paid by commission, and the end of the month is here, I wonder if they'd be able to find some way to put a Z10 in your hand now instead of waiting?
    03-28-13 07:27 PM
    I had a thought a bit ago. If Big Red's sales folks are paid by commission, and the end of the month is here, I wonder if they'd be able to find some way to put a Z10 in your hand now instead of waiting?
    I think the problem is that their tracking computers will show you are not eligible for an upgrade and I don't think it can be simply overridden. I'm sure it could be done with some effort or manager assistance.
    03-28-13 07:39 PM
    Agreed. That's my question. Would they want the sale enough to force the override? I'm thinking that I might test it out.
    03-28-13 07:45 PM
    I might test that theory too Underway. Will be calling tomorrow to pester someone.
    03-28-13 07:53 PM
    Sights on today's 16 mile loop. It is not quite 60F - my porch 59.9F (g) To keep it somewhat on topic they were taken with the 9930.
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-seattle-20130329-00045-.jpg   Essex Post-Release Ramblings-seattle-20130329-00044-.jpg  
    03-29-13 06:21 PM
    Nice shots F2! Finally got to play with a Z10 today......nice phone! Love the operating system! Now I really can't wait for the q10!! Full screen was nice as well as build quality....not good enough to leave my razr HD but the Q10 might just be!

Still waters run deep
    03-29-13 06:38 PM
    I want bbry to restore the Bridge to its original functionality before I even consider diving in.
    03-29-13 07:34 PM
    Nice shots F2! Finally got to play with a Z10 today......nice phone! Love the operating system! Now I really can't wait for the q10!! Full screen was nice as well as build quality....not good enough to leave my razr HD but the Q10 might just be!

‡ Still waters run deep ‡
    I want bbry to restore the Bridge to its original functionality before I even consider diving in.
    Thanks for the pretty shots F2! Beautiful. Nice to see you are in an area not covered in 40 feet of snow!!!!

I also played with the Z10 today and am going to figure a way to get it even if I have to pay up the extra 400 bucks. In fact, I will be getting it by end of June at the latest!

I just have to figure out the payment on my credit card and make a few more threatening...er...friendly calls to VZW about it. But I know this...I am NOT waiting the 5 1/2 months to my upgrade!!!! The phone is beautiful and the screen is gorgeous. And it has what no other phone does....BBM!!!

That's all i need in my book!
    03-29-13 08:11 PM
    Maybe you could just pay the ETF. Since it's prorated and you are close to the end of your contract, I can't imagine that the ETF would be anywhere near that $400 difference between the discounted and full prices.

I can't get Big Red to budge on my two upgrades, both due within the month. I'm going to look at ETF payoffs Saturday. I don't want to wait either.
    03-30-13 01:15 AM
    I'm very tempted to sell my razr and get the Z10 now as well....lol....so I can be a wiz by the time the Q10 launches! Lol our store had one demo unit behind the counter and ONE unit for sale! Lol! They only ordered 2! Prob gonna have to order online to get a white one!

Still waters run deep
    03-30-13 07:37 AM
    SO Underway, here's some information:

I called VZW and asked about adding a line. They said if I did the phone would be 199 plus the 30 dollar upgrade fee= 230 dollars total.
    PLUS 30 dollars a month (35 with taxes prob) for the life of my remaining contract (now till Feb 2014)=360 dollars or 396 with taxes.

Makes the phone the same gosh darn price as paying my 600 bucks up front. (as you said before)
    So I think I am gonna do it, just in a few months when I know I can swing the payment. If I charge to my credit card in late May, I can pay with my end of year school check and earn money over the summer to make up the extra 400. So I think I will do that and save my upgrade. Actually we have TWO upgrades (sept and oct) so those will be available if anyone wants to buy another device at Xmas.....

So all in all, I am going to bite the bullet and get myself one.
    I called again to ask about loyalty discount (customer for over 30 years with VZW) etc. and they still say nothing.
    But I am going to keep calling to beg........
    03-30-13 07:42 AM
    Funny thing too:
    I went to a BIG shopping mall here in Albany...the capital of NY
    The Best Buy stores had one dummy unit.
    The Sprint store I didn't go into.
    The VZW store had a working unit, a BIG standing poster out in front and an INVENTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was so relieved. I know if I need to get one at the store, there are several around me with 40 miles that will have the white as well.
    Sleekest, sexiest device I have ever seen.

OH and any VZW rep I speak to GUSHES about the phone. damn them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The one in the store knew all about the gestures and how to operate it. In fact, the salepeople at the door referred me to him immediately. so he must be the BB guru. At least they have one....
    03-30-13 07:50 AM
    The sales rep that handed me the unit I looked at admitted she had run the batt down playing with it....and was very encouraging about me coming back and buying one.....good to finally see a little change of heart out of these people! Lol

Still waters run deep
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-30-13 08:01 AM
    Do it guys!!!!!! Get the Z

Heading to the airport soon -- going to Bozeman Montana!! Can't wait to see how the pics of that place look like on my Z!!
    I'll be in and out here....
    Y'all be good now
    westiewanderer and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-30-13 09:28 AM
    Enjoy bozeman hamster! *grins* make sure to share those epic shots from the Z10!

Still waters run deep
    03-30-13 09:43 AM
    Thanks for the pretty shots F2! Beautiful. Nice to see you are in an area not covered in 40 feet of snow!!!!

I also played with the Z10 today and am going to figure a way to get it even if I have to pay up the extra 400 bucks. In fact, I will be getting it by end of June at the latest!

I just have to figure out the payment on my credit card and make a few more threatening...er...friendly calls to VZW about it. But I know this...I am NOT waiting the 5 1/2 months to my upgrade!!!! The phone is beautiful and the screen is gorgeous. And it has what no other phone does....BBM!!!

That's all i need in my book!
    Spring here in town and I can easily drive to 10-20 feet of snow if I want although, yesterday the temps up at the pass were 50+F and all snow.

Wow, paying that much - I don't think I could justify it although I did just spend about that on a new lawn mower which will get used less often!

Doesn't your current phone have bbm or is that a mere quibble?
    03-30-13 11:07 AM
    HAPPY EASTER PEEPS!! I hope you all have a GREAT one!! *Grins*
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-31-13 08:57 AM
    My view

Essex Post-Release Ramblings-img_00000055.png

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:01 AM
    My view

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000055.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	576.0 KB 
ID:	145692

Posted via CB10
    Hamster, you have snow!!!!
    HAHAHAHA
    We are trying to get rid of it here!
    Happy Easter to all the Ramblers!!
    03-31-13 10:25 AM
    Good morning all. Gonna be 70 and sunny here. No snow today...
    03-31-13 10:31 AM
    70? I HATE you people!
    ANd here I thought I was smart because at 47 degrees I ditched my winter coat!!!!
    03-31-13 10:52 AM
    What do you mean no snow - what was I skiing on? Oh, and to make you feel better Jaydee. It was not 70F, it was only about 62F on the SNOW!!!! I was skiing in one layer - no winter coat.

If the image is clear enough, at the top of the peak, is an old fire lookout. I can just make it out on the original image. The trail in Summer is about 4 miles and 3,800 feet of gain. At this time of year it is pretty much straight up after the first 1.5 miles. Both blueberries and huckleberries in the Fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-granite.jpg  
    03-31-13 11:35 PM
    No NEW snow!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:18 AM
    What, no mention of a certain someones potentially acquiring a new device tomorrow? Hmmmm..................
    04-01-13 10:18 PM
23,186 ... 764765766767768 ...