Well I'm now test driving an iPhone 4s. It's different that's for sure, don't know what I think yet. I do know I miss the keyboard on my 9930.
    Have fun!
    11-29-12 11:51 AM
    Hey everyone, glad to see life is well in rehab. Still working with my trusty BB 9930 and PB. I hope everyone has a great holiday season and restful weekend. Glad to catch up with many of you in the best forum.
    wendybeee likes this.
    11-29-12 03:21 PM
    I hope you have a great holiday season as well runkle.
    11-30-12 05:45 AM
    Good morning all of you folks spread out over the ether.

Okay, on the chat and in threads here and there are discussions of cut/paste/select on the pb as well as other touch devices. So let me ask, you folks using, ahem, OTHER devices, how easy is it to move the cursor around to fix typos and select and copy/paste text. The pb's method drives me to distraction sometimes. And the thought that the new bb-keyboard phones might have NO trackpad is already getting to me although I have no upgrade available (if Verizon even has such things anymore) until March 2014. Do those other phones have better or different or still miserable methods for editing text?

Now back to staring out the window at the monsoon rains!!!
    12-01-12 11:03 AM

Okay, on the chat and in threads here and there are discussions of cut/paste/select on the pb as well as other touch devices. So let me ask, you folks using, ahem, OTHER devices, how easy is it to move the cursor around to fix typos and select and copy/paste text. The pb's method drives me to distraction sometimes. And the thought that the new bb-keyboard phones might have NO trackpad is already getting to me although I have no upgrade available (if Verizon even has such things anymore) until March 2014. Do those other phones have better or different or still miserable methods for editing text?

Very good question. Inquiring minds need to know.
    12-02-12 10:14 AM
    I'm loving all my electronic toys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 04:15 PM
    Essex Post-Release Ramblings-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354486619.177788.jpg

wendybeee likes this.
    12-02-12 04:17 PM
    Oh, we had a Schnauzer when I was growing up - many years ago.
    buford07 likes this.
    12-02-12 11:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354486619.177788.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	127123

Buford, you changed your hair!!!
    buford07 likes this.
    12-03-12 08:22 AM

I hate the PB's touch screen interface for text-editing as well. So I picked up the wife's iPhone to see if it was any better at it. It is. Even though the iPhone's display is about a quarter of the size of the PB's, word selection is much more precise on the iPhone, and it also seems to be more intelligent about selecting text and correction suggestion on typos. "Seems" being the key word here, as perhaps I've been trying to use the traditional (dumb) BB method for selecting and correcting on the PB's touch screen, when the OS might have better tools built in that I just haven't figured out yet. Could be I'm too tied to my old ways for my own good.
    12-03-12 08:31 AM
    What is the rumored release date at Verizon for the Essex?
    June 3, 2009
    Thanks for playing.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-03-12 09:21 AM

This is the size of my leak after 14 hours. I wondered why my phone was throwing the hourglass a bit! I have been testing 3 themes so I have been downloading and installing themes. Insert rollyeyes here!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-03-12 10:09 PM
    I think all phones lose memory. Mine does too.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    12-04-12 06:09 AM
    Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    Attached Thumbnails Essex Post-Release Ramblings-uploadfromtaptalk1354623024521.jpg  
    12-04-12 06:10 AM
    Pacman has eaten about all my memory up!!

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    12-04-12 06:13 AM
    Holy cow Buford!!! Thanks for that graphic. I would have never guessed that!
    Do you use widgets or other add-on type things?
    12-04-12 06:28 AM
    If I do nothing....and I mean literally nothing....no calls....no emails....no bbms.....my phone is stable with no memory loss ! Obviously this is during the night because the minute I start to do anything the memory starts to drop.....but for me at a fairly reasonable rate and for sure not as bad as some that I've heard

Cute doggy pic Buford
    12-04-12 08:27 AM
    Yes i use widgets and other apps. All phones are memory hogs! Not just BlackBerry. I guess there is no escaping that.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    12-04-12 08:48 AM
    Well damn, I hope Buford didn't take me seriously.
    Well, he might not have but the CB Contest did - you are a winner - Congratulations!
    12-04-12 07:48 PM
    Need some help Ramblers; over the past week my 9930 has randomly gone from central time to pacific time on the clock on my display. For some reason, I randomly lose 2 hours on the clock. I have tried to narrow down the possibilities, but have not had much luck. I charge the phone each night; turning it off before I plug it in some nights and leaving it on other nights. Some mornings the time has changed and other mornings it is correct. It does not matter if the phone has been on or off when I have charged it. I never had this issue until I installed the latest Verizon official release. Hard to believe it could be that. Any thoughts?
    12-04-12 10:06 PM
    Need some help Ramblers; over the past week my 9930 has randomly gone from central time to pacific time on the clock on my display. For some reason, I randomly lose 2 hours on the clock. I have tried to narrow down the possibilities, but have not had much luck. I charge the phone each night; turning it off before I plug it in some nights and leaving it on other nights. Some mornings the time has changed and other mornings it is correct. It does not matter if the phone has been on or off when I have charged it. I never had this issue until I installed the latest Verizon official release. Hard to believe it could be that. Any thoughts?
    Wow. That's one I've not seen before. I wonder if it could be related to the BBM beta. Is your phone set to automatically change the time zone?Setting that to manual might at least help you to isolate to either the phone or the network time signal.
    12-04-12 10:42 PM
    Well I'm now test driving an iPhone 4s. It's different that's for sure, don't know what I think yet. I do know I miss the keyboard on my 9930.
    I should have popped for the 4s; but I do like the 4 quite a bit. I don't regret the switch.
    12-05-12 08:29 AM
    Yes i use widgets and other apps. All phones are memory hogs! Not just BlackBerry. I guess there is no escaping that.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    I LOVED my razr maxx....but Im lovin my BOLD even more!! *Grins* Its gonna be hard holding out for the keyboard BB10...but I can do it!! *chewing fingernails* Im just gonna try to ignore those razr HD's!!
    buford07 likes this.
    12-05-12 10:00 AM
    I should have popped for the 4s; but I do like the 4 quite a bit. I don't regret the switch.
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm very pleased with the 4s.
    12-05-12 11:11 AM
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm very pleased with the 4s.
    I went and tried the 4s....put my razr maxx aside for it...the sales person told me I would be back to re-activate my razr ( I scoffed) but Voila! There I was a week later getting my razr activated again. Im just not an apple fan I suppose...They are high quality but dont sing to my soul!
    buford07 likes this.
    12-06-12 08:15 AM
23,186 ... 742743744745746 ...