I think Midd might have something there. It's just unbelieveable that all your different devices and os's would have huge memory leaks. Something else has to be happening.
    09-15-12 11:53 PM
    I feel your pain about memory leaks, as I have the same. Not matter what device. I will lose 140+ in a a little more than a day. And that has been both on Verizon and ATT.
    I don't know what it is. Right now I do know that I have a curse Bold, so I'm not surprised at anything it does Just have learned to live with it, lol
    09-16-12 07:42 AM
    Hamster, there must be something else causing such horrible memory leaks for you and Jaydee. I just went 8 days without a reboot and only lost 60mb. You both have had multiple devices and the leaks continue like crazy. Maybe it is signal or tower related.
    09-16-12 08:31 AM
    Hey for anyone using Sultan's Advance OS and LED, it has been upgraded. Go get it at App World. I use it every time I touch my phone! WOOHOOOOO
    09-19-12 11:33 AM
    Hey for anyone using Sultan's Advance OS and LED, it has been upgraded. Go get it at App World. I use it every time I touch my phone! WOOHOOOOO
    Got it!! Love the new battery monitor function
    09-19-12 12:12 PM
    I like the AutoText Backup feature too! Another extra app I can delete! That means AOSLED has replaced a lot of apps for me!

QuickLaunch
    BeBuzz
    Meterberry
    AutoText Backup
    Zona Snap
    and others I have deleted and forgotten about already LOL.
    I love the restart feature that doesn't need confirmation so my device can reboot before I get up. This app keeps getting better and better...if that is possible!
    09-19-12 01:07 PM
    I wonder what more Sultan can stuff into that app?
    09-19-12 08:28 PM
    It has been so long since I looked at Memory - how do you determine loss? I accidentally (why is that word not spelled accidently?) fired up the Memory Cleaner!

Oh, and yes, I was away - Glacier National Park. Hit and miss wifi and even hit and miss cell service.
    09-20-12 11:54 AM
    So it took me two days, but I finally recovered all the info from my bombed 32GB card. I used a couple of free apps for my PC found on the internet. One allowed me to mount the card as a logical drive and see the file structure. I was able to save entire directories that way. However, I was still missing a handful of important photos...like the ones of Hamster and I on vacation!

So I used another app that combed painstakingly through the card and went thru the actual clusters of info. And guess what?? I found all my important photos!!!!
    So i took the card and formatted it in my mac (because I was on the mac at the time) and I now use the card as an extra large flash drive. I mean, I COULD put it back in my phone but I dunno.....

Both cards that bombed on me were SanDisk and that really upsets me. SO when I purchased a new one (I have a 16GB as a placeholder right now) I ordered a cheap one that's not a brand name. That way, when it fails, I can say Yup cheap card. Instead of "WTF%@^#$#^*@( WTF#(%*%$^^@^ stupid SanDisk!"

HAHA
    Happy Friday all!!!!!
    09-27-12 07:53 PM
    Nice to hear that you were able to recover your data and photos of polished toenails!

Maybe you could mention the recovery tools just in case some of us need them in the future.
    09-27-12 08:48 PM
    F2 you are soooo funny! ;p
    I used PC File Recovery and Zero Assumption Recovery. I will find out the makers' names tomorrow at work since they r on my work computer.

PS everyone who comes by my office just LOVES your photographs on my wall! Thanks again!!!

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 08:57 PM
    OK, as promised, these are the two programs I used on my PC to recover all my data from a media card that could NOT be read either in the phone OR in the computer. Both programs mounted the card and allowed me to see what was available. Amazing!!! I'm a pro now!

PC Inspector File Recovery 3.0
    CONVAR ist Ihr Service Partner wenn es um innovative Produkte, Reparaturabwicklung, Fulfilment oder Datenrettung geht.

Zero Assumption Recovery
    Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials, Forum - ZAR Data Recovery

There you go!
    Happy Friday to all the Ramblers!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-28-12 06:29 AM
    Glad you and your visitors enjoy the photos. I really should print some of them for my own inspiration.

Thanks for the links to the recovery tools.

And a by-the-way: Free year for Sirius radio:

It just worked:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-only-747262/

Remove promo code
    09-28-12 10:56 AM
    Glad you and your visitors enjoy the photos. I really should print some of them for my own inspiration.

Thanks for the links to the recovery tools.

And a by-the-way: Free year for Sirius radio:

It just worked:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-only-747262/

Remove promo code
    F2, although removing the code allows me to get a link, it says 7 day free trial. Not a year...anyone confirm it won't time out??? And is this for my phone? I notice there is no app for the 99xx.

Just the PB???
    09-28-12 11:11 AM
    The Sirius/XM app was never updated for BB7. Many have tried the apps for OS6 and OS5 but they don't work. I had it working with my first 9930 (was it with 254?) But not since then.
    09-29-12 04:47 PM
    So I never tried the Sirius thing on my PB. Maybe today?

I ordered a cheapie 32GB card for my Bold and got it on Saturday. Copied everything over and I'm ready to roll again. It's cheap so when it bombs I can say...yes but it was cheap. Damn sick and tired of the expensive Sandisk cards that blow after one and a half months.

On the other side tho, I found those great programs and recovered everything. I think now that if anyone needs help, I can definitely help resurrect the card. Hamster, too bad we didn't know this when your card went down...

On another note, I watched the BB10 vids and I want me one of those phones!
    PS with a keyboard.
    09-30-12 02:28 PM
    So I never tried the Sirius thing on my PB. Maybe today?

I ordered a cheapie 32GB card for my Bold and got it on Saturday. Copied everything over and I'm ready to roll again. It's cheap so when it bombs I can say...yes but it was cheap. Damn sick and tired of the expensive Sandisk cards that blow after one and a half months.

On the other side tho, I found those great programs and recovered everything. I think now that if anyone needs help, I can definitely help resurrect the card. Hamster, too bad we didn't know this when your card went down...

On another note, I watched the BB10 vids and I want me one of those phones!
    PS with a keyboard.
    What a relief to get all your stuff back...as for the cards, well who knows what the problem is with these sandisk ones.
    Mine wasn't the card...it was the stupid reader - replaced that and it worked.
    But it's good to know that you can fix our media card problem if it happens again

I want BB10 also!!!!!! As long as it can be themed
    09-30-12 02:40 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Has anyone else tried to reply to these new forums? Sheesh! I'm all confused!!!
    I can't seem to reply except for quick reply and the emoticons are downright WEIRD!!!!

Anyway, my cheapie card made the seamless transition from package to my phone and is chugging along. I find that when I reboot, my card takes about 5 mins for everything to show without a lag. A far cry from OS 5 when it used to take upwards of 2 hours...2 HOURS...remember?????
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 10-06-12 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-06-12 07:35 PM
    +1 on the new site.

I'm sure that whomever sold this new server and UI convinced someone that it's better. I sure would like to know how -- I just don't see it.

It looks like Tapatalk still works though.
    10-08-12 11:49 AM
    I'm kinda getting used to it. I think I prefer the older format and style though.
    10-08-12 08:12 PM
    I'm using that dark theme that one of the members posted and that's making it much better to look at
    10-08-12 08:56 PM
    I see the Ramblers are still going strong!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    10-08-12 09:26 PM
    I'm using the dark theme too Hamster and I like it as well. Easier on the eyes kinda.
    AOSLED is up to 15.4
    If you are using it, make sure you update for new features. I think the update came out a while ago. CB Blogs is pretty late in describing it.
    10-09-12 07:10 AM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Has anyone else tried to reply to these new forums? Sheesh! I'm all confused!!!
    I can't seem to reply except for quick reply and the emoticons are downright WEIRD!!!!

Anyway, my cheapie card made the seamless transition from package to my phone and is chugging along. I find that when I reboot, my card takes about 5 mins for everything to show without a lag. A far cry from OS 5 when it used to take upwards of 2 hours...2 HOURS...remember?????
    Unless I've missed it, I miss the aspect that showed the last time I was logged on. It gave me a base mark to figure out where I had left off reading. I miss the "normal" smilie that I used a lot. I also tend to miss the additional pages and wind up on the first page of a multiple page thread. CHANGE - I don't like it!
    10-09-12 12:15 PM
    I'm using that dark theme that one of the members posted and that's making it much better to look at
    Would you be willing to post a llink? Please, Ma'am?
    10-09-12 08:16 PM
23,186 ... 730731732733734 ...