He likes his DROID jaydee. The women talk sweeter on a DROID. Lol

Sent from my Razr Maxx !
    Oh you're so funny Buford! When I kick him out, can he come and stay with you??
    07-14-12 02:56 PM
    I'm telling you, that BB Traffic app is so good, I'd PAY for it if I had to. Very worthwhile for ANY occasion. Like last week my gf and I wanted Mexican and we started looking for nearby restaurants....

Well you get the picture! My husband was so shocked that my phone could do that, he said well that woman's voice gives me a headache!(The one who reads the directions) I said well here's another woman who will be sure to keep talking to give you a headache as well!!!!! LMAO
    Blackberry Traffic is a nice app, it works perfectly. I use it often too.
    07-14-12 07:26 PM
    Anyone with a PB, I have PS 2.0.1.358

Is that the latest OS for me?
    Underway, is this correct? Should I be downloading something else??
    07-15-12 12:24 PM
    Sorry, Jaydee, I was going to help but pulled out my ahem, spare, pb but forgot it has the beta on it. The non-spare is downstairs near my "easy" chair awaiting my re-arrival. I believe you've got the latest.

Option/gear, Software Update and, well, check for update!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-15-12 09:17 PM
    Anyone with a PB, I have PS 2.0.1.358

Is that the latest OS for me?
    Underway, is this correct? Should I be downloading something else??
    2.0.1.358 is the most current official OS for the PLAYBOOK
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-15-12 10:28 PM
    Do any of you use BeBuzz? I used to till ARM kept shutting it down. So then I switched to Advance OS and LED. Free and does a ton of things. Then I see that BeBuzz has a new CORE app that ditches some of the bloat. I'm wondering if I should give it a try. Has anyone else used it or tried it?

BTW, this hybrid didn't make any difference in my freezing. Happens a lot and the wait is interminable. I hate it. Don't know what to do! It started with 340 and has been there ever since.
    07-16-12 09:01 AM
    I've loaded Advance OS and LED on my daughter's Tour. Sweet application.

I use BeBuzz. I had an alert from the resource monitor, but I just told RM not to monitor that app. I had to do the same for ScoreMobile. I've not seen the BeBuzz updates yet. I'm still using v5.0.24.
    07-16-12 02:39 PM
    I've loaded Advance OS and LED on my daughter's Tour. Sweet application.

I use BeBuzz. I had an alert from the resource monitor, but I just told RM not to monitor that app. I had to do the same for ScoreMobile. I've not seen the BeBuzz updates yet. I'm still using v5.0.24.
    I'm running BeBuzzCore right now. I uninstalled Advance OS and LED for the time being.
    Let me see if ARM flags it.
    07-16-12 02:59 PM

BTW, this hybrid didn't make any difference in my freezing. Happens a lot and the wait is interminable. I hate it. Don't know what to do! It started with 340 and has been there ever since.

My 9930 has been running pretty well on this hybrid. No freezing or interminable lag. You've had lag and lockup issues for a very long time now with who-knows-how-many devices and even more OS/device combinations. You've tried countless number of app combinations with no success in isolating the offender(s). Could it that there's an app that you HAVEN'T tried to work without QuickLaunch? BeWeather? Themes?
    Last edited by Underway99; 07-16-12 at 05:39 PM.
    07-16-12 03:16 PM
    Hi Ramblers!!

Underway, I finally deleted a bunch of themes and am running with only a few installed. I also dumped BerryMail and set up filters with my BIS account. Seems to have helped the freezing lag. I don't mind an hourglass that pops up and then dismisses. But the wait a full 30 sec (when you're typing a bbm or a text) is impossible!!!

I will see how it goes. Might go back to 355 this weekend.

This weekend is a big one for me! Class reunion...not mine but a class I am the advisor of. Or rather WAS the advisor of. 20 years for them!!! Gonna be a fun time!!
    07-20-12 10:28 AM
    It's good to see that you potentially made some progress on the lag. I use MailMinder instead of BIS filters.

Remember that you'll need to backup and wipe your Berry before you downgrade to 355. Otherwise the IT policy will remain when the 402 hybrid is gone.
    07-20-12 12:56 PM
    It's good to see that you potentially made some progress on the lag. I use MailMinder instead of BIS filters.

Remember that you'll need to backup and wipe your Berry before you downgrade to 355. Otherwise the IT policy will remain when the 402 hybrid is gone.
    +1 here also Underway99. I use MailMinder and love it!!! Had it on my 9650 OS5 and it was great. It took them a while to finally make it available for OS7. Works great on my 9930!!
    07-20-12 01:57 PM
    Well, the BIS filters work and I don't need another app. Is there anything wrong with keeping that? I mean, its still okay to do it that way, no?

Also, the freezing for an extended period has stopped today. Yay. Must be too many themes or an offending one I uninstalled. Hmmmmm, anyway, I feel much better today about it than yesterday.

If I do decide to go backwards, Peter, I will be contacting you for some pointers! Thanks for the info!!!!
    07-20-12 02:06 PM
    Well, the BIS filters work and I don't need another app. Is there anything wrong with keeping that? I mean, its still okay to do it that way, no?
    Sure Jaydee.....you can use the BIS filters. For me MailMinder lets me apply a filter right from the menu key. That's what I love. I don't have to go to my BIS account and log in and then have to set up the filters I want. Thus MailMinder (at least for me) is much easier. When I receive an email and I would like to apply a filter to it (like all the newsletters I receive) I highlight the email....hit my menu button....and right from there I can apply a filter and then any other options I might want (like don't blink light or mark as read, etc). Hit save and I am good to go.
    07-20-12 04:09 PM
    Hello everyone. Underway pointed me back here re: nfc tags. But I still have no response to tapping, slapping, slinging, slashing or in any way whatsoever.

But I have been using BIS filters for ever. They work nice. Their only limitation/pain is that you can only add so many email addresses to anyone FilterA, FilterB, etc. And you can't easily see what you have in them. I've got Friends1 to Friends5 to include those folks I want for gmail and Compuserve mail. But have some emails where NO one is forwarded and one account where everything is forwarded. They have worked well for years. Great for when I was in europe - kept the Notifications to only those I really wanted to hear from. Periodically, I would log in and check the full account.
    07-21-12 05:52 PM
    Thanks F2. I am going to stick with the BIS filter for now. I have (for instance) PB notifications sent to a certain account and junk mail from some where else sent to another account . So right now I can keep track of the things I want to filter. I like the idea of filtering and using an app would make it easier, I'm sure. but my BerryMail just make me wary since I had freezing troubles and it triggered ARM.

I hate to add another app when I could add another THEME!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-22-12 09:29 AM
    I've given up on themes since Theme Builder is not available and the themes I've seen are kind of somewhat crippled. But I have to admit that I have not looked at any in quite a while.

Will Theme Builder ever actually be created for our OS7 platforms? Rim has so many other issues these days and OS7 is an intermediary stage toward bb10.
    07-22-12 09:58 AM
    I've given up on themes since Theme Builder is not available and the themes I've seen are kind of somewhat crippled. But I have to admit that I have not looked at any in quite a while.

Will Theme Builder ever actually be created for our OS7 platforms? Rim has so many other issues these days and OS7 is an intermediary stage toward bb10.
    I'm think we might not see a TB for the OS7. RIM has had to cut way too many employees just to remain profitable. Just we can only hope for something good when BB10 drops
    07-22-12 11:19 AM
    I see that Sprint has released another OS update for the 9930. Have any of the Ramblers tried it yet?
    07-27-12 08:43 AM
    I see that Sprint has released another OS update for the 9930. Have any of the Ramblers tried it yet?
    Yes, both Paul and I have it loaded and running. No probs yet. Just a bit shaky on bbm at first for m. I sent a few messages and when I rebooted, they disappeared! Weird. But all is well.
    07-27-12 08:59 AM
    I'm running it as well. No problems at all. So far it's solid.
    07-27-12 04:28 PM
    That's great -- thanks all. It'll be my project for this morning.
    07-28-12 08:49 AM
    Been using it for a few days and it's very stable and I have had no problems with it at all. It's a good OS!
    07-28-12 08:57 AM
    How's the lag and the hourglass Jaydee?
    07-28-12 11:21 AM
    Been using it for a few days and it's very stable and I have had no problems with it at all. It's a good OS!
    What does it add if you can tell? I presume Verizon will offer an upgrade around the same time bb10 ships!
    07-28-12 01:27 PM
23,186 ... 722723724725726 ...