Howdy Ramblers!! How is everyone?
    Hamster and I have some news for everyone...we are going to be meeting this summer!!!! I am going to fly to her house and stay for a few days. We are really excited!!!

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    So what exotic land would that be? Buffalo, Rochester? Gary, Ind?
    05-16-12 03:54 PM
    HAHA! Hamster's gonna make me a margarita....or two!!
    Isn't that more of a Mint Julep locale?
    05-16-12 03:56 PM
    Or three or four.....haha
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-16-12 05:30 PM
    I don't like mint so we will go with a margarita. It is green too!!
    05-16-12 06:56 PM
    Several

So what exotic land would that be? Buffalo, Rochester? Gary, Ind?

LOL, Mint Juleps are further south ah do believe

Or three or four.....haha
    Yep....but who's counting?

I don't like mint so we will go with a margarita. It is green too!!
    I can make any color you want!!!
    05-16-12 08:02 PM
    And I promised Hamster I would cook one night for everyone. So I am open to suggestions. Do you guys like Italian food, Hamster? I'm good at that!
    05-17-12 05:59 AM
    And I promised Hamster I would cook one night for everyone. So I am open to suggestions. Do you guys like Italian food, Hamster? I'm good at that!
    OMG, we LOVE Italian food! Bring it on, GF!
    05-17-12 06:47 AM
    You-all or is that you-you-all, have fun! Or maybe sunglasses are more appropriate
    05-17-12 08:57 AM
    Alright Ramblers, I am trying to stay awake while doing some of my continuing education for my insurance license and I am wondering what everyone's preferences are when they moved from the 9650 to the 9930. How did you move your info? Do a complete backup and restore? Or did you just move messages and then install apps one at a time?

My phone came the other day and I am anxious to get it up and running tonight when I get done with class today - I've been in nonstop meetings since it came so all I've been able to do is charge it up and play with it a little. I haven't activated it yet.

Thanks Ramblers!

MrWeller
    05-18-12 10:14 AM
    I think that I used the SwitchDevice Wizard. The issue there is some stuff that's inappropriate (themes) get moved and you can delete them later.
    05-18-12 10:52 AM
    Alright Ramblers, I am trying to stay awake while doing some of my continuing education for my insurance license and I am wondering what everyone's preferences are when they moved from the 9650 to the 9930. How did you move your info? Do a complete backup and restore? Or did you just move messages and then install apps one at a time?

My phone came the other day and I am anxious to get it up and running tonight when I get done with class today - I've been in nonstop meetings since it came so all I've been able to do is charge it up and play with it a little. I haven't activated it yet.

Thanks Ramblers!

MrWeller
    I backed up contacts, bbm contacts and messages, wlan profiles. Then I shrunk the OS I was putting on my new phone, used DM to restore selectively the 4 things mentioned above and then downloaded each app individually and installed that way. There are OS7 versions of apps that you need to have instead of what you are using on the 9650. Make sure to change your pin at mobihand and wait while they make the switch. then you can look for OS7 compliant apps.

That ought to do it!
    05-18-12 01:52 PM
    Ok, had my phone up and running for almost 12 hours now. Of course I had church, a family meal together and my sister in law's graduation packed into those 12 hours so I haven't had enough time to play with everything on it.

I put Cspire Wireless' latest OS 7.1.0.355 on it this morning and have been adding apps back on it one by one.

So far I like it, but am not totally familiar with everything yet...
    Any tips, tricks or suggestion for a guy to keep in mind? Thanks!
    05-20-12 08:15 PM
    So far so great with the 9930! After using the playbook for 6 months I am thrilled to have a touchscreen on my phone now too!

Is anyone an expert on cods? I am wondering if it is possible to load a Verizon official OS and then do whatever needs to be done in order to use the Vzw PTT app on the latest leak that I am running?
    05-21-12 03:25 PM
    The ones to ask are the guys at OSBB. You can find them in the Leaked OS forum. They can probably tell you which COD versions will work best with the OS you're using.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 03:53 PM
    Alright Ramblers, now that I have my 9930 I am wondering which cases you guys are protecting your 9930's with? I ordered an OtterBox defender for it and the OtterBox impact they had on sale yesterday so I'll have a couple of options...

05-24-12 01:10 PM
    I just noticed the post count on the thread...can't believe we're on the verge of 18,000 in a single thread! Way to go Ramblers!!!

05-24-12 01:12 PM
    Alright Ramblers, now that I have my 9930 I am wondering which cases you guys are protecting your 9930's with? I ordered an OtterBox defender for it and the OtterBox impact they had on sale yesterday so I'll have a couple of options...

Congrats on your new 9930! I have the Blackberry Hard Shell case for my 9930. Check it out in the CB store. Got the black one. I love it!!!! I also have the Seidio charging pod and I purchase the Seidio Active Case. You can keep the case on and still charge your phone in their charging pod. I use the Seidio Active case when I go hiking. Otherwise....my 9930 lives in the BB Hard Shell case. Love them both!!!
    05-24-12 05:59 PM
    I have the Seidio Surface Case in PURPLE of course!!!!
    Splits in two to charge. Lots of protection but no bulk and still looks like a BlackBerry.

seidioonline.com
    05-24-12 06:59 PM
    I've got the full Otterbox - I don't know when I might x-country ski, hike or bike so it lives in that case.

WE HAVE A WINNER - Guess who hit the 18,000 mark!!!!!!! Bow down to the Queen!

Guns and Tonics on HER Majesty.
    05-24-12 07:36 PM
    HAHAHA!
    So I did! Well guns and tonics for the house! On me!!!!

So we hit 18,000. Amazing. Even more amazing to know we are still Essex Post-Release Rambling no matter what phones we have! (or how many PBs are in the mix!)
    05-24-12 07:42 PM
    Congrats to all Ramblers on 18,000 posts!
    05-24-12 07:46 PM
    My 9930 is totally naked! Just a oem leather holster that I bought from Crackberry.com.
    05-24-12 07:48 PM
    Anyone have a Y cable to charge both your phone AND a backup battery from the USB port? I don't wanna buy a little box charger for the external battery if I can help it. Any advice??
    05-25-12 07:07 AM
    Anyone have a Y cable to charge both your phone AND a backup battery from the USB port? I don't wanna buy a little box charger for the external battery if I can help it. Any advice??
    I purchased the combo (battery, charger, y-cable) here when CB had its recent 15% off sale. Have not gotten to try it yet!
    05-25-12 11:07 AM
    I purchased the combo (battery, charger, y-cable) here when CB had its recent 15% off sale. Have not gotten to try it yet!
    Thanks F2.
    I ordered one of those little external boxes and now will look for a y cable.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-25-12 at 02:20 PM.
    05-25-12 11:31 AM
23,186 ... 718719720721722 ...