Hi Jaydee,

I just re-worded my original post.

EDIT: : Daahhh....just saw a post. My World---hit ALT-RST and App World will refresh. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by Mojave; 05-07-12 at 11:49 AM.
    05-07-12 11:34 AM
    Try refreshing the application list. Blackberry button>refresh list.
    05-07-12 03:04 PM
    Where did you find the tags? Online or local shop? I've been thinking about getting into them, also.
    I bought them online at, oh damn F2. :-) You WOULD ask me to remember important stuff!!! I got them at Amazon.com...they are Mifare Ultralight 64bytes. There is a Mifare Classic that DOES NOT work with the blackberry so steer clear of those. I got 10 tags for like 15 bucks. they are little round dots, the size of a quarter. Easy to hide...alas they are white though. So be careful where you stick em. HAHAHAHAHA

That sounds bad.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-07-12 at 04:29 PM.
    05-07-12 03:44 PM
    Try refreshing the application list. Blackberry button>refresh list.
    I did that first and nothing changed in either my "installed" or "uninstalled" sections.
    05-07-12 03:45 PM
    I have used meterberry for a long time. Typically there is a difference of 10 between my device analyzer and meterberry memory report. Meterberry is always 10 lower. I am just curious about why it is lower. Any thoughts?
    05-07-12 08:56 PM
    I have used meterberry for a long time. Typically there is a difference of 10 between my device analyzer and meterberry memory report. Meterberry is always 10 lower. I am just curious about why it is lower. Any thoughts?

I don't know why it is lower runkle, but I notice that too! MB is always lower than the actual phone info. Maybe it reads memory differently? Underway or F2 might know why.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 09:04 PM
    I don't know why it is lower runkle, but I notice that too! MB is always lower than the actual phone info. Maybe it reads memory differently? Underway or F2 might know why.

Maybe the developer needs to update it for OS7. The last update (v2.5.0) was on Sept 1, 2010.
    05-08-12 01:59 PM
    I'm not sure just what you're measuring here. The Blackberry Device Analyzer allows you to monitor your power usage, while Meterberry as you know displays power AND memory usage. With regard to power usage, I've noticed that MB typically has a 10-15% higher discharge rate than BDA. I have no idea why. Perhaps it might be as simple as Mojave's comment about the latest release of MB being updated in September 2010. A current version of anything isn't current if it's 18 months old. Sounds kind of like Windows...
    05-08-12 08:00 PM
    Hi 99,

What I am looking at on Meterberry and the "Device and Status Information" page are the "total and free" memory numbers. For example, on Meterberry I get 512 total memory and 202.2 free. On the Device and Status Information" page it shows 212.2 free. A difference of 10.
    05-09-12 02:20 PM
    To everyone,

I am looking for a good portable power pack for the BB Playbook. I have read up on it here but it has been a mixed bag. Because the playbook is a power hog, some of the traditional power pack options do not work. I have looked at Miccus but cannot find a seller. TeckNet reviewed well but it seems it is only a European option (did not see an American wall charger included to charge the power pack).

It also seems a 2.1A output is necessary to charge the Playbook. My seideo power pack has a maximum 1.5A output and did not charge my Playbook at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?
    05-09-12 02:34 PM
    I bought them online at, oh damn F2. :-) You WOULD ask me to remember important stuff!!! I got them at Amazon.com...they are Mifare Ultralight 64bytes. There is a Mifare Classic that DOES NOT work with the blackberry so steer clear of those. I got 10 tags for like 15 bucks. they are little round dots, the size of a quarter. Easy to hide...alas they are white though. So be careful where you stick em. HAHAHAHAHA

That sounds bad.
    I will be careful where I stick them. I would not want to be the of a joke!

Thanks for the info. I may have to play with them.

Should I ask about photos? I hope they are worth the effort - who knows what they look like on paper!
    05-10-12 12:25 AM
    To everyone,

I am looking for a good portable power pack for the BB Playbook. I have read up on it here but it has been a mixed bag. Because the playbook is a power hog, some of the traditional power pack options do not work. I have looked at Miccus but cannot find a seller. TeckNet reviewed well but it seems it is only a European option (did not see an American wall charger included to charge the power pack).

It also seems a 2.1A output is necessary to charge the Playbook. My seideo power pack has a maximum 1.5A output and did not charge my Playbook at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?
    Is the usb cable detachable or permanent? You might need a usb CHARGE-ONLY cable. AT&T stores sell them for about $10.00. The power might be low but it might do the job to a certain extent.
    05-10-12 12:29 AM
    F2,
    I didn't mention the pictures because I had hoped to have them mounted already. But alas, I am as slow as a turtle when it comes to work...

However, the pics you sent enlarged to 11 x17 wonderfully!!! Clear and bright! They are mah-velous!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I looked for frames for 11x17 and sadly discovered I can't afford 7 of them at this time. So I am going to mount the photos on black foamboard and then hang. They are all landscape orientation (I added a few of my own photos) and I can arrange them in a pleasing way. But your photos came thru superbly!!!

Thanks again. Shortly I should have them finished to show you!!
    05-10-12 05:39 AM
    F2,
    I didn't mention the pictures because I had hoped to have them mounted already. But alas, I am as slow as a turtle when it comes to work...

However, the pics you sent enlarged to 11 x17 wonderfully!!! Clear and bright! They are mah-velous!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I looked for frames for 11x17 and sadly discovered I can't afford 7 of them at this time. So I am going to mount the photos on black foamboard and then hang. They are all landscape orientation (I added a few of my own photos) and I can arrange them in a pleasing way. But your photos came thru superbly!!!

Thanks again. Shortly I should have them finished to show you!!
    I'd glad to hear the photos came out well. Yes, I purchased some original art and the framing was a fortune. And my friend, a friend of the artist, insisted that I frame them well. She insisted on double mats!!!
    05-10-12 08:46 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion F2. I did order a "charge only" cable to go with the usb cable that came with the playbook. Unfortunately, I am finding out the output from a portable power pack must be at least 2.1A and the one I have has a maximum of 1.5A. I have my doubts about the "charge only" cable solving my problem. I hope I am wrong.
    05-12-12 10:25 PM
    Howdy Ramblers!! How is everyone?
    Hamster and I have some news for everyone...we are going to be meeting this summer!!!! I am going to fly to her house and stay for a few days. We are really excited!!!

05-15-12 10:23 AM
    Hamster and I have some news for everyone...we are going to be meeting this summer!!!! I am going to fly to her house and stay for a few days. We are really excited!!!

Woohooo!!! It's gonna be awsome
    05-15-12 12:10 PM
    Just thought I would pop in and update the Ramblers on my just ordered 9930...it should be getting here tomorrow. I got them to waive the $30 upgrade fee and to give me my $50 ne2 credit so I am paying right at $190something after all the taxes and everything have been added in. Even talked the girl into giving me the free overnight shipping that the guy I talked to last night wouldn't do. After I get my $100 back from Blackberry on their promotion they e-mailed me about it'll only be costing me $90 or so and I will still have my 9650 as backup. I suppose I could sell the 9650 and come out even or slightly ahead but without a backup phone.
    05-15-12 12:38 PM
    Congrats, Mr Weller. How come they waived the upgrade fee? I still find that fee ODD. I mean charge more for the damn phone!
    05-15-12 08:58 PM

I know you ladies will have fun! I wonder if Jaydee travels with guns & tonic?
    05-15-12 10:22 PM
    Congrats Mr. Weller, enjoy your new Bold!
    05-15-12 10:23 PM
    Not across state lines!
    05-16-12 07:02 AM
    Are they restricting the transport of tonic now too?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-16-12 12:05 PM
    Not across state lines!
    Are they restricting the transport of tonic now too?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    We have plenty of guns here in NC Oh yeah and tonic too
    05-16-12 12:13 PM
    We have plenty of guns here in NC Oh yeah and tonic too
    HAHA! Hamster's gonna make me a margarita....or two!!
    05-16-12 12:19 PM
23,186 ... 717718719720721 ...