Ok, there are people on the 9900/9930 thread complaining about crooked track pads.
    Holy cow!!!
    How many years we been laughing about that? I just posted about mine being crooked and from Mexico, too. (It is, on both counts)

I forgot to mention that in the sun, the track pad looks purple. Do you think that's ok?
    Bwahahahahaha. That is funny, LMAO. Purple is ok, but if it starts looking red, then you're in trouble
    02-27-12 07:46 PM
    Oh I don't disagree with you! I just can't help but laugh since we here have been chortling about these stupid track pads for years. Just kinda a joke really. But I agree that with a new device the track pad should be straight. But they still aren't!! So funny.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 07:49 PM
    Oh I don't disagree with you! I just can't help but laugh since we here have been chortling about these stupid track pads for years. Just kinda a joke really. But I agree that with a new device the track pad should be straight. But they still aren't!! So funny.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    When did you get the 9930. Mine arrived yesterday. I took advantage of the FREE BestBuy sale over Presidents' Day (but not without the hassle of - order for store pickup - oh, that does not work, have to cancel sale and start again. Start again and now they are backordered, etc, etc...Then the tortoise delivery from Ill to WA.)

I have not activated it yet but did Switch-device yesterday. I have a few appts coming up and did not want to blow away a phone or calendar at this moment. In process of seeing what I can FREE upgrade re: apps purchased from Mobihand. I'd be lost without BerryWeather and some other stuff.

I saw you in the 9930 Theme forum and it was - HEY, Okay.

Should I ask, did those pictures serve or were they not worth blowing up and printing?

F2
    02-28-12 11:53 AM
    When did you get the 9930. Mine arrived yesterday. I took advantage of the FREE BestBuy sale over Presidents' Day (but not without the hassle of - order for store pickup - oh, that does not work, have to cancel sale and start again. Start again and now they are backordered, etc, etc...Then the tortoise delivery from Ill to WA.)

I have not activated it yet but did Switch-device yesterday. I have a few appts coming up and did not want to blow away a phone or calendar at this moment. In process of seeing what I can FREE upgrade re: apps purchased from Mobihand. I'd be lost without BerryWeather and some other stuff.

I saw you in the 9930 Theme forum and it was - HEY, Okay.

Should I ask, did those pictures serve or were they not worth blowing up and printing?

F2
    F2!!!
    Hello again!
    I did not order the pics yet. But I will. I was ill for a while and out of work and well, it all fell by the wayside. Maybe it will be my summer job; decorating my office. I will be using them for sure!!!

Now as far as the 9930: LOVE IT!

I regret not having any themes right now but it will change soon. Doing the best I can with what we've got.

Did I mention I LOVEEEEEEEEE the 9930??

Have Mobi switch your apps. Takes about 18 hours for them to issue codes.
    I went without any apps for a day. Eh what does it matter when you have a great phone like the 9930? Go to Bellshare and do the device switch wizard. They give you the code instantly. Then you won't be without your weather.

All my apps transferred and work on OS7. I did not have to buy any upgrades.
    Of course, none of my themes work, but that was to be expected!

have fun with it. Activate. You will love the web on that device!
    02-28-12 12:57 PM
    I like it Paul, it is very snarkish of you! By the way, does this make you a doctor here too?
    I'm the Sheldon Cooper of CrackBerry forums!!

Bazinga!
    02-28-12 01:27 PM
    F2!!!
    Hello again!
    I did not order the pics yet. But I will. I was ill for a while and out of work and well, it all fell by the wayside. Maybe it will be my summer job; decorating my office. I will be using them for sure!!!

Now as far as the 9930: LOVE IT!

I regret not having any themes right now but it will change soon. Doing the best I can with what we've got.

Did I mention I LOVEEEEEEEEE the 9930??

Have Mobi switch your apps. Takes about 18 hours for them to issue codes.
    I went without any apps for a day. Eh what does it matter when you have a great phone like the 9930? Go to Bellshare and do the device switch wizard. They give you the code instantly. Then you won't be without your weather.

All my apps transferred and work on OS7. I did not have to buy any upgrades.
    Of course, none of my themes work, but that was to be expected!

have fun with it. Activate. You will love the web on that device!
    Good day. Typing to you from a guest login at my doc's office with the playbook.

I am looking forward to the new phone. I was kind of surprised at its width - quite a bit wider than the 9650. Need a new sdcard for it and already buried it in an Otterbox for more hiking.

Best send before doc comes in
    02-28-12 01:36 PM
    Good day. Typing to you from a guest login at my doc's office with the playbook.

I am looking forward to the new phone. I was kind of surprised at its width - quite a bit wider than the 9650. Need a new sdcard for it and already buried it in an Otterbox for more hiking.

Best send before doc comes in
    F2- if the doc catches you with your PB typing while at an office visit he is going to say you have an ADDICTION and send you for treatment!!!
    LOL

The KB is a bit wider and therefore fatigues my thumbs a bit but it doesn't stop me from blabbing in cyberspace.
    02-28-12 03:32 PM
    JayDee:

"Go to Bellshare and do the device switch wizard. They give you the code instantly. Then you won't be without your weather."

Thanks for that advice. Of course, I had to try 4 email addresses before I found the right one! It is a good thing that I never toss out email - my archive goes back almost 10 years.

And I'm sorry you were ill. Hope all of going well.

I used the 9650 with BB Traffic - worked really well to find where I was going . I copied over my 14gigs of data to the new sdcard - that took a good while. It even restored my Beweather settings from the card. I gather that the 9930 already has a nice size memory footprint but beweather did not seem to want to use it.

Can I clear the screen of icons or lessen the rows showing? I will look over the manual.

I also would like something to autolock it so that touching any key will not just turn it on. The old autolock app that I had on the 9650 does not seem to work.
    02-29-12 12:15 AM

Can I clear the screen of icons or lessen the rows showing? I will look over the manual.

I also would like something to autolock it so that touching any key will not just turn it on. The old autolock app that I had on the 9650 does not seem to work.
    As far as the icons...ugh! you can go to options/display/home screen preferences and once you're there you can manage panels. Uncheck whatever you don't want and away you go.

to lower them all, ude the touch screen.
    02-29-12 06:41 AM
    Hello Ramblers,

Well I am getting closer to getting my 9930. I was wondering if the "bricking" issues have been fixed? I have read thru the CB forums about it. I don't think it was boiled down to one issue. It seems some people's 9930's are bricking when left on the charger overnight. Others at random. Did OS 7.1 fix that issue? Thanks!
    03-01-12 03:13 PM
    Hello Ramblers,

Well I am getting closer to getting my 9930. I was wondering if the "bricking" issues have been fixed? I have read thru the CB forums about it. I don't think it was boiled down to one issue. It seems some people's 9930's are bricking when left on the charger overnight. Others at random. Did OS 7.1 fix that issue? Thanks!
    I leave mine on the charger all night; whether its at 60% when I go to bed or 98%. I use it in bedside mode while it charges. I have never had a bricking issue. I am on 7.1 btw.

Hope you get one soon. It is one SWEET device, Mojave!!!
    Mojave likes this.
    03-01-12 03:32 PM
    Sometimes I leave mine on the charger all night. I've never had a bricking problem either. I'm also on 7.1.

It is a SWEET device. You're gonna love it!
    Mojave likes this.
    03-01-12 04:55 PM
    I have left mine on charge overnight twice now - only got it on Monday! Only turned the radio (cell) on yesterday. I'm not sure of battery life.
    03-01-12 07:50 PM
    Happy Friday Ramblers!
    Queen JayDee is even happier because the theme developers are starting to play around with some themes for the 99xx series!
    I have one on now that has no banner...although there are a few other problems that can't be fixed until Theme Builder is released. And another theme that works perfectly, but still has a small banner, but does have a weather slot!

So things are not what I had before but are getting to where I can actually stand to look at my screen!

It will get much better when RIM gets on the stick and releases TB7 tho!

PS We are all dug out and back to work. We got 9" of snow yesterday in my hometown.
    Did I mention that I hate snow???
    03-02-12 08:22 AM

PS We are all dug out and back to work. We got 9" of snow yesterday in my hometown.
    WOW That's a lot of snow!

We were in the 70s here yesterday and will be again today. Although I like this warm weather, it means the start of the tornado season (way too early for that!). We has one touch down about 30 miles away and did a bit of damage including some deaths.
    03-02-12 08:44 AM

We were in the 70s here yesterday and will be again today. Although I like this warm weather, it means the start of the tornado season (way too early for that!). We has one touch down about 30 miles away and did a bit of damage including some deaths.
    Didn't realize you were so close to that tornado yesterday! I checked on Prince but I neglected to check on YOU!

Glad you and yours are safe from the storms, Midd!!!
    I am never quite sure how close anyone lives to these weather disasters....
    03-02-12 09:00 AM

Hey Midd, glad you and your family are ok. What I've seen on the news looks like the tornado was devastating in Harrisburg. Two of the last five years we've had tornados this time of year here in northern Illinois too. Take care.
    03-02-12 10:55 AM
    Happy Friday Ramblers!
    Queen JayDee is even happier because the theme developers are starting to play around with some themes for the 99xx series!
    I have one on now that has no banner...although there are a few other problems that can't be fixed until Theme Builder is released. And another theme that works perfectly, but still has a small banner, but does have a weather slot!

So things are not what I had before but are getting to where I can actually stand to look at my screen!

I think you jinxed me Jaydee. We are expecting 5-8 inches of snow starting later this afternoon. Ugh!
    03-02-12 10:58 AM
    Happy Friday Ramblers!

Happy Digging! I was able to bike ride yesterday although it was chilly. Areas around Seattle had snow for the last 4 days but only a brief flurry in town.

What are those themes - links?

I installed Fancy Widgets but it appears to remove my wallpaper???

And one final question for now:

My now "out of service" 9650 is plunging in battery during the day. I know - why do I care. Well, it can serve as a remote control for my Playbook and I thought without cell service it would actually have great battery life. Instead it plunges to almost nothing. Is there something I have to turn on/off so that it does not do that?

Have a great day and those in Tornado Country - stay safe.
    Last edited by F2; 03-02-12 at 11:53 AM.
    03-02-12 11:51 AM

What are those themes - links?

I installed Fancy Widgets but it appears to remove my wallpaper???
    Here are the links F2:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-99x0-705423/

Superstore

Superstore

https://home.comcast.net/~foppa.themes/

Those should get you started!!!
    03-02-12 12:55 PM
    Hi JayDee,

Glad to hear you are lovin your new 9930. Thanks for the heads up on some themes for it. I was wondering.....I thought I read somewhere here on CB that RIM will not be releasing Theme Builder 7. Have you heard anything on this? I sure would like to know if TB7 is getting closer to being released.

Oh...one more thing. I never had App World on my 9650. When I get my 9930....and App World comes out with an update......do I have to update it.....or can I still keep using the version I have on my 9930? Thank you!!
    03-02-12 02:52 PM
    Hi JayDee,

Glad to hear you are lovin your new 9930. Thanks for the heads up on some themes for it. I was wondering.....I thought I read somewhere here on CB that RIM will not be releasing Theme Builder 7. Have you heard anything on this? I sure would like to know if TB7 is getting closer to being released.

Oh...one more thing. I never had App World on my 9650. When I get my 9930....and App World comes out with an update......do I have to update it.....or can I still keep using the version I have on my 9930? Thank you!!
    Mojave,
    While App World will more than likely continue to WORK on your 9930, I always feel that updating is the proper thing to do. I always wonder if the app has been reconfigured to work better with the memory or OSes that are out there. Therefore, when you get the email or little notification on your app world icon, I would go ahead and update.

I can't wait till you have this thing in your hands. I got a feeling you are gonna call me up and start screaming on the other end "JayDee this thing is FREAKING AWESOME!"
    Mojave likes this.
    03-02-12 03:01 PM
    Well, Jaydee, I'm now ready for another trip to Italy. I just called Verizon Global and unlocked the simcard slot for foreign sim cards. No plans but might as well be prepared (and I never was boyscout).

Just plain RAIN here.
    03-02-12 07:18 PM
    Well, Jaydee, I'm now ready for another trip to Italy. I just called Verizon Global and unlocked the simcard slot for foreign sim cards. No plans but might as well be prepared (and I never was boyscout).

Just plain RAIN here.
    WOOHOO! More pictures!!!!
    03-02-12 07:23 PM
    Anybody got any ideas why the 9650 is losing almost all charge in under 6 hours now that it is deactivated? I'm trying to think if there's something trying to use Cell Service but can't (BerryWeather, Twitter, other?) I'm trying to think of what might be running in the deep background that does not show on the ribbon.
    03-02-12 07:24 PM
23,186 ... 707708709710711 ...