Morning Ramblers!
    I decided to take the plunge and load the new 706 OS on my BabyBold.
    So fr so good. It does seem to move faster but its all relative. I haven't noticed any battery diff yet, although while setting it up, the battery dropped like a stone. I do have the extended which I use all the time so I'm not very worried. But I will do a few "unofficial" observations and let you know what I think anyway.

I couldn't get my email to work after the install nor did BeBuzz want to work. But once I resent the service books and re reg the hrt then Be Buzz decided to recognize the fact that I DO indeed have email and it was all good. Of course, it was a perfect reason for a gun and tonic....

Happy Sunday!
    Who needs a reason? It's always after 5 somewhere!
    12-04-11 02:05 PM
    Only thing I noticed here with 706 is that I no longer have the ability to send a pin message.

There are others who still have it so I must have shrunk something out that I need. Now I gotta look around and see if someone can tell me which cod it is that I need to add back.

OK weird! I rebooted again after installing the new BBM and there it was again...the ability to send a pin message!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-04-11 at 03:10 PM.
    12-04-11 02:15 PM
    It's amazing what an OS release will do for a forum that's been a virtual ghost-town. The 9650 forum reminded me of the Storm2 forum.
    12-05-11 10:03 AM
    Well, there are two ways to look at that "ghost town". One, everyone has become so used to their 9650 and it's running so well, why post. And two, no one is left to post. HAHA

but as you can see...new OS, new problems and EVERYONE starts buzzing!
    I agree PC...I like it better that way!
    12-05-11 10:20 AM
    I'll be loading the new OS on the three remaining 9650s next week. Did you get it running right on yours, JayDee?

How is it better than 600 or 587?
    12-05-11 02:53 PM
    Underway, I never did load 587 so I can't say what the difference is. However this one is working fine and I don't notice any difference from 600 except pin messaging option has disappeared again. It seems to be a prob that needs a fix. Also the app screen needs the ribbon cod and that is fixed up nicely. So yes It all works except for pin messaging. As for being better than anything, who knows? I liked 600 and only had 3 or 4 bsods. But this supposedly cures that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    underway99 likes this.
    12-05-11 04:19 PM
    new OS, new problems and EVERYONE starts buzzing!
    Plus the re-posts of old/known issues. Oh and my favorite "downloading now" posts.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-09-11 at 05:00 PM.
    12-06-11 10:59 AM
    So it's been a few days with 706 and I seem to have PIN messaging back. The OS seems smooth and no random reboots (although that wasn't really a prob for me) and now that the ribbon cod is installed and the pin messaging works, I'm good to go. Kind the same as 600 AFAIK but what the heck.

So if you're on the fence, do it. Install 706
    12-08-11 09:06 AM
    It looks like it has been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my home town. Wishing all the ramblers a good weekend and perhaps a new 9930 update from Verizon. Oh well, I will stick with the "good weekend" wishes.
    12-09-11 10:36 AM
    I echo runkle's sentiments!
    Happy weekend to all Ramblers! Bringing us closer to our holidays and (for me) closer to my Christmas vacation!!!! During which time I stay at home, in my sweats or lounging pjs for most of the day and drink wine and eat leftovers and watch college football.

God! Life is good! I can't wait.
    Buying the wine today!!!! Maybe get a head start...
    Oh yes, there will be gun. Don't worry.
    12-09-11 11:15 AM
    No worries here. I'm confident that you are well-versed in handling a gun. Or two.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-09-11 02:53 PM
    Ramblers, I came into this photo app from Mobihand. Its Photo Studio Pro for like 3 bucks. It allows you to put frames around your pictures, change the colors of the photos and all sorts of things. And it works fast and easy. I like it!!!! If you want to edit photos on your berry, you might want to give this a look.
    12-10-11 09:13 PM
    Ramblers, I came into this photo app from Mobihand. Its Photo Studio Pro for like 3 bucks. It allows you to put frames around your pictures, change the colors of the photos and all sorts of things. And it works fast and easy. I like it!!!! If you want to edit photos on your berry, you might want to give this a look.
    How is it different than the "free complements of RIM" Photo Editor Ultimate app?
    12-11-11 07:56 AM
    How is it different than the "free complements of RIM" Photo Editor Ultimate app?
    You know what? I never downloaded that free one so I can't say. If the free one works for you then def do not pay for another one.

BBE is allowing their writers several apps as a gift at holiday time and so I got that one and love it.

I am going to look at the compliments of RIM app and see how its different...
    12-11-11 11:19 AM
    the "free complements of RIM" Photo Editor Ultimate app?
    I played with that app for about 5 minutes and ditched it.
    12-12-11 08:37 AM
    Was it useless or complicated or both?
    12-12-11 09:01 AM
    So what's with the weather around here? For the Northeast, it's waaayyy too warm!!! I'm not even wearing gloves yet! 35? Give me a break? Where's our snow????

Damn! A green Christmas! Yuck!

And where is the forum setting for time? Everything here is an hour ahead. What the **** time zone is the forum using? And how do I change it???
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-14-11 at 07:25 AM.
    12-14-11 07:19 AM
    So what's with the weather around here? For the Northeast, it's waaayyy too warm!!! I'm not even wearing gloves yet! 35? Give me a break? Where's our snow????

Damn! A green Christmas! Yuck!
    Give me a warm green Chrismas any day! I hate the cold and, well, bah humbug. LOL

And where is the forum setting for time? Everything here is an hour ahead. What the **** time zone is the forum using? And how do I change it???
    The setting are in the User CP/Edit Options/Date & Time Options.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-14-11 09:33 AM
    I downloaded it but haven't used it. I figure if I'm going to edit a photo I will use Photoshop CS5.
    12-14-11 09:36 AM
    Have any of you looked at the forums in the stock BB browser lately? If you scroll down to the bottom of a forum display, you'll see the radio box for choosing the display style for the CB forums. Choose "Operation Crackberry Mobile 2011". Does it look familiar?
    12-14-11 11:06 PM
    Good morning Ramblers! Not long till CHRISTmas. Is everyone ready? I don't have my wife anything yet but I always wait till the day before to shop. Lol

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 07:57 AM
    All done shopping here. The wife, kids, sons in law, and grand kids are all "wrapped" up. Now I can check my Bold to see if my Bears make the playoffs, keep up on Tebow mania, and check my stocks so I know how much longer I need to work (looks like 2046).

By the way, if I fill a swimming pool with dry ice, can I swim in it without getting wet?
    12-15-11 11:31 AM
    All done shopping here. The wife, kids, sons in law, and grand kids are all "wrapped" up. Now I can check my Bold to see if my Bears make the playoffs, keep up on Tebow mania, and check my stocks so I know how much longer I need to work (looks like 2046).

By the way, if I fill a swimming pool with dry ice, can I swim in it without getting wet?
    Runkle, sounds like you have everything all set. Good for you. I have the gifts but still have the hair appt and nail appt to go, a few concerts, and grocery shopping for 19 (for xmas eve.)

Oh and the house cleaning and all the cooking...
    But I bought 4 bottles of wine for me to get through it all!
    Hope Santa brings me more gun.
    12-15-11 11:42 AM
    The queen is relegated to cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping? I suggest you delegate those duties to your many minions. If that does not work, order take out and tell everyone to meet at the Holiday Inn pool.
    12-16-11 11:25 AM
    The queen is relegated to cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping? I suggest you delegate those duties to your many minions. If that does not work, order take out and tell everyone to meet at the Holiday Inn pool.
    ... and then stay home with ESPN and a case of gun. Bowl Season starts today!
    12-17-11 12:29 PM
23,186 ... 690691692693694 ...