If I understand you correctly, you just got rid of the new 9650 that was in your drawer????
    I thought you were saving that for me to buy!
    I'm afraid so. I'll make you a deal on a lightly used Motorola Droid 3 though .

It turns out that she really wanted to go back to what she was familiar with. She didn't want a Tour, though. So yes, my CPO/brand new 9650 is now being used. BTW, she seems to be much happier with the Bold than she ever was with the Droid, even on day one.

I had to use my new phone because I've not yet sold the Droid and she needed a phone. It just made sense. It's too bad because mine has gone all kinds of weird the past day and a half.

My Bold came off the charger completely dead yesterday. I figured that the battery was the problem and swapped it. Life is good. Then I loaded the new OSBB v8, thinking that it would help with the so-so battery life I had on OSBB 7/7.2. What a nightmare. It was just a bad install though, and I finally got the new OS loaded after the better part of three hours. Anyway, life is good again.

My Bold came off the charger completely dead again this morning. The battery seems to charge in the phone, but this is now worrisome. Is my phone really heading into the sunset just after I gave my daughter my brand new replacement 9650? I know that life isn't fair, but aren't there limits?
    09-26-11 08:49 AM
    I'm afraid so. I'll make you a deal on a lightly used Motorola Droid 3 though .

It turns out that she really wanted to go back to what she was familiar with. She didn't want a Tour, though. So yes, my CPO/brand new 9650 is now being used. BTW, she seems to be much happier with the Bold than she ever was with the Droid, even on day one.

I had to use my new phone because I've not yet sold the Droid and she needed a phone. It just made sense. It's too bad because mine has gone all kinds of weird the past day and a half.

My Bold came off the charger completely dead yesterday. I figured that the battery was the problem and swapped it. Life is good. Then I loaded the new OSBB v8, thinking that it would help with the so-so battery life I had on OSBB 7/7.2. What a nightmare. It was just a bad install though, and I finally got the new OS loaded after the better part of three hours. Anyway, life is good again.

My Bold came off the charger completely dead again this morning. The battery seems to charge in the phone, but this is now worrisome. Is my phone really heading into the sunset just after I gave my daughter my brand new replacement 9650? I know that life isn't fair, but aren't there limits?
    Look up. Is there a big dark raincloud over your head?
    Sounds like it.

The dead battery in the am must be a charging pod issue, no? or do you use a cable? You say it charges? How do you know? there's gotta be an explanation for this. Life can't be THAT unfair!
    09-26-11 10:16 AM
    Look up. Is there a big dark raincloud over your head?
    Sounds like it.

The dead battery in the am must be a charging pod issue, no? or do you use a cable? You say it charges? How do you know? there's gotta be an explanation for this. Life can't be THAT unfair!
    No charging pod here since I put the Otterbox back on my phone. I use the cable and charger. Last night, I used the charger that came with my wife's 9930. Same result. My charger worked just fine on her 9930, BTW, so it's not a problem with the AC charger or the electric socket.

The phone seems to charge when connected to the USB socket on my PC. But that's five volts sent at 500mA, a lower current than the AC charger, so I wonder if the phone can't handle 700mA from the AC charger now.
    09-26-11 10:22 AM
    Would it have anything to do with the OS you just installed? Because that sounds pretty weird that it would just stop working like that.
    09-26-11 10:37 AM
    Would it have anything to do with the OS you just installed? Because that sounds pretty weird that it would just stop working like that.
    I thought about that, but it was happening with v7.2 as well. The base OS didn't change, still using 587. I can't imagine that the OS mod would do this. It's not just that the battery won't charge with the AC charger (it won't). The phone or phone battery is dead in the morning. Battery pull doesn't do it -- it won't restart until I put a different battery into it.

I might verify that the OS is blameless by loading straight 524. We'll see.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-26-11 at 11:29 AM.
    09-26-11 10:43 AM
    Now, this is odd. I can't get either of those batteries (from last night and the one from Saturday night) to take a charge with the external charger. One was old, but the other had just a few month's use. What are the odds that two batteries will go bad at the same time in the same phone?
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-26-11 at 11:28 AM.
    09-26-11 10:51 AM
    Now, this is odd. I can't get either of those batteries (from last night and the one from Saturday night) to take a charge with the external charger. One was old, but the other had just a few month's use. What are the odds that two batteries will go bad at the same time in the same phone?
    99, have you checked on the inside of your device where the gold prongs connect, both battery & device, to be sure they're making full contact? only thing i could think of ATM.
    09-26-11 01:04 PM
    99, have you checked on the inside of your device where the gold prongs connect, both battery & device, to be sure they're making full contact? only thing i could think of ATM.
    Thanks P1nk. I checked the battery connection. The phone charges from the USB when it's connected to the computer. Whatever is going on has killed two batteries. We're talking "Raid kills them dead!" kind of killed.

For now, I can charge the battery with the external charger, but that's not a long-term fix. I'd hate to really have to replace my 9650.
    09-26-11 01:09 PM
    I agree it doesn't sound like the OS.

I say take back the 9650 and go from there.
    09-26-11 01:24 PM
    Replacement will be here tomorrow. I'm not sure just what the replacement will be, though.
    09-26-11 01:48 PM
    Thanks P1nk. I checked the battery connection. The phone charges from the USB when it's connected to the computer. Whatever is going on has killed two batteries. We're talking "Raid kills them dead!" kind of killed.

For now, I can charge the battery with the external charger, but that's not a long-term fix. I'd hate to really have to replace my 9650.
    yah, ya can't keep using an external charger just to 'keep things going'

very strange situation indeed !!

Replacement will be here tomorrow. I'm not sure just what the replacement will be, though.
    i've read just a few posts that someone rec'd a 9930 as a replacement apparently because the 9650's are no longer 'in stock' but maybe that was an isolated incident in that particular VzW corp store.

i can't imagine how you feel right now, just the issue i went thru yesterday with my sd card and BW acting ******** because of the theme i was running, i was beside myself never mind having to deal with what your going thru right now.
    09-26-11 02:02 PM
    yah, ya can't keep using an external charger just to 'keep things going'

very strange situation indeed !!

i've read just a few posts that someone rec'd a 9930 as a replacement apparently because the 9650's are no longer 'in stock' but maybe that was an isolated incident in that particular VzW corp store.

i can't imagine how you feel right now, just the issue i went thru yesterday with my sd card and BW acting ******** because of the theme i was running, i was beside myself never mind having to deal with what your going thru right now.
    I don't really feel anything about it. This is just one of those things. The tech was very apologetic about my device not working. I told him that I'd received it new just after its release in June of last year. These are just "things", and sometimes they fail. My phone works right now. I just can't count on charging it from the wall socket. My external charger will get me through until I get the replacement up and running. Thanks, though.

I've also seen those posts about 9650s being replaced by 9930s. We'll see. Remember that I had and returned a 9930. My preference would be to receive another 9650. A new one like the one I got to replace my wife's 9650 would be great.

If they send me another 9650, I'm going to have to order some new batteries. Any idea where I can get new FRESH batteries? These LiIon batteries aren't supposed to last more than a year and a half or so, including shelf time. I'd hate to try getting a year of life from a battery that is already a year or two old. Who sells lots of them?
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-26-11 at 02:26 PM.
    09-26-11 02:11 PM
    99, yes I do remember you sending back the 9930. I, myself, would prefer another 9650 if I was in your position also.

As for batteries, a few places that I've ordered from come to mind. Amazon.com, accessory geeks.com and day deal.com. I've ordered from those 3 in the past going all the way back to 2007/2008. I've always had good experiences. Maybe check those out and see what you can find price wise. Honestly, I'm going to be looking to get another battery for my 9650 because I've had this one since I got it in Dec 2010.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 03:10 PM
    Thanks P1nk. What I'm hoping to find is a dealer that does a lot of volume with these batteries. I don't want to buy batteries that have been sitting in a box for a year.
    09-26-11 03:15 PM
    Thanks P1nk. What I'm hoping to find is a dealer that does a lot of volume with these batteries. I don't want to buy batteries that have been sitting in a box for a year.
    Np happy to help out when ever I can and I completely understand not wanting a 'stagnant' battery

09-26-11 03:27 PM
    99, by any chance if you do find a good place to order from and it's not one of the 3 I gave you, would you mind sharing where? Like I said, I'm looking to get another batt to have on stand by as well
    Thx

09-26-11 03:29 PM
    Underway, I heard your daughter has a slightly used droid3 for sale

Seriously tho, I find it interesting that everyone's saying they'd rather have a 9650 than a new 9930 as replacement. What does that say??

Regarding batteries what about verizon? At least you could maybe have a better return policy. I got one at batteries plus once on the spot, had no issues. Seidio of course. I had their 1800mAh in my bold and thought it nice for the xtra juice. Ebay, from trusted sellers.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-26-11 at 03:38 PM.
    09-26-11 03:34 PM
    it says that our 9650's are faaaaar better out of the box than a 9930 lol.

09-26-11 03:38 PM
    Can't disagree with that at all. Does kind of speak volumes to RIM's QC issues imo.
    09-26-11 03:41 PM
    Can't disagree with that at all. Does kind of speak volumes to RIM's QC issues imo.
    Yes it does, and honestly to say--that's ashame

09-26-11 03:54 PM
    Underway, I heard your daughter has a slightly used droid3 for sale

Seriously tho, I find it interesting that everyone's saying they'd rather have a 9650 than a new 9930 as replacement. What does that say??

Regarding batteries what about verizon? At least you could maybe have a better return policy. I got one at batteries plus once on the spot, had no issues. Seidio of course. I had their 1800mAh in my bold and thought it nice for the xtra juice. Ebay, from trusted sellers.
    You bet Jim. Except that it's ME who's selling the Droid. I paid for it, and at the end of the day, it's my account with a new two-year commitment. She got my NIB 9650. Sounds like she got the better end here...

I had not considered Big Red for the battery. I'll bet they sell a lot. I'll have to see what they charge. I have two 9650s that need spare batteries. Maybe I can get a quantity discount?

You're spot-on with that, P1nk. Hmmm -- CPO 9650 or new 9930. Should be a no-brainer, right?
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-26-11 at 04:56 PM.
    09-26-11 04:53 PM
    99, if I'm not mistaken I believe VzW charges 40 a pop for new batteries.....kinda a lot if you ask me.

You're spot-on with that, P1nk. Hmmm -- CPO 9650 or new 9930. Should be a no-brainer, right?
    absoooooooolutely!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-26-11 at 05:05 PM.
    09-26-11 05:02 PM
    99, if I'm not mistaken I believe VzW charges 40 a pop for new batteries.....kinda a lot if you ask me.
    I still apparently get 25% off, but $30 might still be a lot.
    09-26-11 05:12 PM
    It looks like I have a 9650 on the way.

P1nk, I just ordered two batteries from Big Red @ $29.99 each.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-11 06:39 PM
    It looks like I have a 9650 on the way.

P1nk, I just ordered two batteries from Big Red @ $29.99 each.
    YaY for the 9650 OTW !!

K coo il check it out. I actually get a 25% discount on accessories so it may be worth it to just get a batt from them knowing they prob move a good bit of stock

Thx 99

09-26-11 07:15 PM
23,186 ... 664665666667668 ...