Some of us will not be able to switch to another carrier if we do not like throttling Jim. Come Sunday, I will be an official Verizon serf. I could go to US Cellular but its prices are the same based on my conversations with their reps. That is my only option. I do get a small discount with Verizon because my wife works for State Farm, but it is not significant. Much of this reminds me of the old Ma Bell days. Abuse of power and finally the great breakup. Maybe it is time to re-visit the "good ole days".
    09-23-11 07:53 PM
    Jim, i was never a big user, i guess you could call it. I just checked on where i'm at, my cycle closes today and i've used a total of 0.238GB's (243MB). I honestly don't think there was every a time i used 2+GB's on my bb, but i've come close-approx 1.25GBs.

I agree, i don't think the throttling thing is fair at all. In fact today, strangely enough around 3-4ish EST, i was trying to get online from my bb.....and boooooy did it take forever just to load the CB page in mobile view !! it was ridiculous and i'm not over my 2gbs, so IDK why it was effecting me ATM. maybe things were just moving slow at the time..... ?

i'm actually worried in the future when it comes time for me to upgrade, right now i'm grandfathered on the unltd data@30 bucks a mth......I hope when my upgrade does come due and I decided to get another device that i don't loose that 'grandfathered' in option !!
    As I understand it, you keep your unlimited data so long as you keep a smartphone on that line after you get a new phone. If you go to a "feature" phone and then change back, your grandfathered data deal will be gone.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-23-11 08:35 PM
    As I understand it, you keep your unlimited data so long as you keep a smartphone on that line after you get a new phone. If you go to a "feature" phone and then change back, your grandfathered data deal will be gone.
    thx 99, this is what i believed it to be as well, but with the way VzW has been changing things lately......i hope that rule would stick.

Morning all

SO on another note....i woke up to a white app error 602 screen this morning that hasn't happened since i last posted here when i changed my bbAw password. BUT, again, i'm 99% sure i know what may have caused it this time. the last app i loaded was QW when the update to v1.8 on tues. was avail to include weather sets. I finally decided to use QW on Fri. when i set my Cute Pink Leopard theme(os6 default style) so i could put the weather on the homescreen. Also what i did, was enable QW to know my location thru gsp. Well i didn't notice a difference so i switched that back to "no" and later on i disabled QW. NOW i'm guessing that because it was set, perhaps the app still tried to look for location and failed causing the app error 602 IDK but thats the only different thing i did yesterday-so i deleted QW, did a bbsak and dm back up (also cleared my content store while i was at it). And i'll re-install QW fresh w/out using the the location thing again and see what happens.
    09-24-11 07:59 AM
    I believe you will also lose your grandfathered unlimited data if you change your base plan. For example, I currently use the 700 minute family plan, but if I change that to a different one my unlimited data is gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-24-11 10:40 AM
    I believe you will also lose your grandfathered unlimited data if you change your base plan. For example, I currently use the 700 minute family plan, but if I change that to a different one my unlimited data is gone.

thx for this input Russ. See this is also ridiculous....ie. i have 1400 family plan w/unltd tx. Now we NEVER come close to using the 1400mins--we usually hoover around 400-600, so what your saying is if i wanted to lower my plan minutes, it would bump my whole plan and i'd then have to do tiered data pricing ??? that there is not very fair at all.....

I like VzW and we've been with them i'd say a good 10yrs and have seem many changes--this last change they've made with tiered data pricing is just ridiculous....as if an multi-million dollar company, VzW, isnt making enough
    09-24-11 11:57 AM
    oh and btw, FWIW, i've rebooted my bb, backed up with dm/bbsak, re-installed QW(not using it atm tho) and so far all seems well......
    09-24-11 12:00 PM
    thx for this input Russ. See this is also ridiculous....ie. i have 1400 family plan w/unltd tx. Now we NEVER come close to using the 1400mins--we usually hoover around 400-600, so what your saying is if i wanted to lower my plan minutes, it would bump my whole plan and i'd then have to do tiered data pricing ??? that there is not very fair at all.....

I like VzW and we've been with them i'd say a good 10yrs and have seem many changes--this last change they've made with tiered data pricing is just ridiculous....as if an multi-million dollar company, VzW, isnt making enough
    Yes, that is exactly right. I had to double my plan minutes to 1400 in order to get the $10 unlimited data deal. A high month for us is 500 anytime minutes. I wanted to change back to the 700 minute plan, but my data deal was going to evaporate. I'm still saving a ton over their regular prices by paying for the bigger plan, though, so I can't complain much. I'm spending an extra $20 to save a hundred on the five smartphone lines.

I agree that Big Red is stretching the boundaries of reason here with their new convoluted pricing schemes. I'd love to head to Sprint or TMO and their lower and simpler price plans, but the coverage is just so much better with VZW. Most of us are stuck, and the carriers know it.

I think that we're going to see more motion in the price plans in the coming months because the wireless market is saturated now. Most folks who want a wireless device have one now, so the base of new customers isn't very large. Subscriber growth will come at the expense of other carriers, and what's going to make people move will be the plan prices. We'll just have to watch for that.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-24-11 at 01:12 PM.
    09-24-11 01:07 PM
    I too would love to move to another provider and save some money, I'm currently paying $240 a month for two blackberrys, a dumb phone and an internet dongle (can't get dsl or cable where we are). Unfortunately ever other carriers coverage sucks here.

09-24-11 01:16 PM
    thanks for the info on pricing guys. I am not entirely sure, but I am probably gonna sit tight with my 9650 for as long as I can...maybe even until QNX phones appear. I have grown to love this phone so much that if anything happens, I want to try and get another to replace it. I don't know if I have the energy to read all the reviews, the postings, the complaints, the fixes, the upgrades, the patches, etc...and still have NO THEMES???

I already drink enough gun and tonics now....
    09-24-11 01:18 PM
    I too would love to move to another provider and save some money, I'm currently paying $240 a month for two blackberrys, a dumb phone and an internet dongle (can't get dsl or cable where we are). Unfortunately ever other carriers coverage sucks here.

Wow. $240? My bill is about $270 for five BlackBerrys w/unlimited data, an LG eNv3 on a 200-minute senior plan, an LG VX8300 with a hundred minutes on a loyalty plan, and my MiFi w/1GB data. I'd like a simpler plan because it can be a PITA to keep up with the pricing plan changes and restrictions, but I really can't afford to move.
    09-24-11 02:02 PM
    wow, you guys are spending alot. My individual plan is $82 a month/900 min/+data. Fortunately I get a discount for working for government. I'm wondering how long it may be before they find out I'm retired. Maybe when I move out of state.
    09-24-11 02:09 PM
    It's not so bad. My bill per BlackBerry is only about $42. I can't touch that anywhere else, even prepaid.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-24-11 at 02:25 PM.
    09-24-11 02:11 PM
    It's not so bad. My bill per BlackBerry is just only about $42. I can't touch than anywhere else, even prepaid.
    Averaged then it sounds a lot better. For me there is no better coverage than Verizon's and thats my bottom line. I would go no place else. They are awesome even with warts and all.
    09-24-11 02:14 PM
    Agreed. What makes my bill so large is that I'm paying for eight total lines. I'm not going anywhere either.
    09-24-11 02:24 PM
    My daughter is officially off the Droid now. I just activated my CPO 9650 for her. Strange -- this "refurb" 9650 has new device stickers on it, and it's born-on date is 14AUG. This sure looks like it's new. Maybe they started sending new ones as replacements before they ran out altogether. Some are reporting that they got 9930s as warranty and insurance replacements last week. Shades of the Great Tour Exchange after the 9650 was released?
    09-24-11 02:29 PM
    My daughter is officially off the Droid now. I just activated my CPO 9650 for her.
    Smart girl. Takes after her dad?
    09-24-11 02:51 PM
    Don't we all really want that?

"Back in Black"-berry?
    09-24-11 02:54 PM
    Don't we all really want that?

"Back in Black"-berry?
    Does she text alot, 'cause that'd be a good reason for a berry. Get her hooked, RIM needs the business.
    09-24-11 02:59 PM
    Does she text alot, 'cause that'd be a good reason for a berry. Get her hooked, RIM needs the business.
    3 or 4K a month. She had a Tour until her upgrade came up in August. She gave the Droid 3 a chance for three weeks. She just didn't like it.
    09-24-11 03:03 PM
    3 or 4K a month. She had a Tour until her upgrade came up in August. She gave the Droid 3 a chance for three weeks. She just didn't like it.
    +1, I looked at one of those and didn't like it either. I think my next phone will need a real kb tho, whatever I decide upon, that will be a requirement. Actually thinking of trying a wmp device after nokia gets some solid stuff out there next year sometime. I was, and still am a huge nokia fan. Their hardware and build quality is second to none.
    09-24-11 03:08 PM
    She's leaning toward the 9850. Her first task will be to get the Droid3 sold so she can pay full retail for the BlackBerry.

EDIT: Forget the 9850 for her. She likes the 9650 that I set up for her. Apparently she has zero interest in a virtual keyboard. I'll get back what I spent by selling the Droid on eBay. At the end of the exercise, she will have upgraded to the CPO (really, new) 9650 that I already owned at the cost of her upgrade, and my spare 9650 is now gone. Oh well. Maybe I'll get a 9930 when my 9650 finally gives up and I make a warranty claim. I'm thinking that it might be nearing its EOL here. The trackpad is starting to intermittently hang just a bit on the horizontal axis. Really, it's not the east-west movement, just east. Not bad enough to call about it yet. Changing out the phone is a royal PITA. And I just bought another Seidio belt clip to hold the phone in the Otterbox Commuter. I have to get my use out of the clip.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-25-11 at 03:04 AM.
    09-24-11 03:26 PM
    Gmornall

OK, I have a question for you guys that create themes, Midd, Jim.....or who ever else here that may know. I purchd a theme Sat. Night (approx 8pm for argument sake) all seemed well. Sunday, turn the bb on all is fine. A couple hrs later my media card starts acting up telling me I can't cut/paste an image to the proper folder because the paste option has expired. So in try to delete the image. It still showed but when I clicked on it, it tells me file is 'read only' am I sure I want to delete it. Well it doesn't go away till I reboot, and the same loop started all over again. Out of 4 pix I was able to move only 2 of them successfully. Not yet did I figure it was the theme, I fig'd ok get home and copy my sd card to my desktop. Did that. Couple hrs later my BW starts acting really, really strange. Now I'm wondering is it the theme. I change themes & rebooted. So far everything seems fine tg !!

I had similar issues using Morph but with my battery ex app. So I'm just wondering, what exactly in a theme could cause these kinds of issues? Is it the coding? This is only the 2nd theme this ever hap'd with on my bb, it was big pink bow by ndbb themes.

Could anyone give me just a quick explanation if you have the time I just want to understand why it may happen.

BTW, TJC posted here on Fri(?) or Sat(?) but I didn't have time to reply and by time I did she must have deleted her post her team@the hospital apparently went droid for the past 3 mths but she convinced them to come back to bb . SO TJ if your reading this, welcome back and stop in again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 06:51 AM
    Hey Pink and everyone...where did TJC go? I saw her post too and was going to say hey!
    I had a busy weekend and never got a chance to respond either. hope she stays around here.

Pink, all those strange happenings with your bb and the theme are bizarre. I would guess that the last thing you installed would be causing the problems you mention. Don't they always say to work backwards? Thank god not many themes cause problems!
    09-26-11 08:06 AM
    She's leaning toward the 9850. Her first task will be to get the Droid3 sold so she can pay full retail for the BlackBerry.

EDIT: Forget the 9850 for her. She likes the 9650 that I set up for her. Apparently she has zero interest in a virtual keyboard. I'll get back what I spent by selling the Droid on eBay. At the end of the exercise, she will have upgraded to the CPO (really, new) 9650 that I already owned at the cost of her upgrade, and my spare 9650 is now gone. Oh well. Maybe I'll get a 9930 when my 9650 finally gives up and I make a warranty claim. I'm thinking that it might be nearing its EOL here. The trackpad is starting to intermittently hang just a bit on the horizontal axis. Really, it's not the east-west movement, just east. Not bad enough to call about it yet. Changing out the phone is a royal PITA. And I just bought another Seidio belt clip to hold the phone in the Otterbox Commuter. I have to get my use out of the clip.
    If I understand you correctly, you just got rid of the new 9650 that was in your drawer????
    I thought you were saving that for me to buy!
    09-26-11 08:07 AM
    Hey Pink and everyone...where did TJC go? I saw her post too and was going to say hey!
    I had a busy weekend and never got a chance to respond either. hope she stays around here.

Pink, all those strange happenings with your bb and the theme are bizarre. I would guess that the last thing you installed would be causing the problems you mention. Don't they always say to work backwards? Thank god not many themes cause problems!
    HI Jaydee, thankfully, out of my theme/bb life, its only been 2 themes to have issues with. With that being said, like i mentioned, using the big pink bow theme, i started to see those 2 issues arise sd card issues & bw upset. So i guess i'll have to call that theme a loss too, like i did with Morph. Better safe than sorry, and this loss was only 99c.

Last app to be installed was QW, but i wasnt using it, nor was it even just sitting 'enabled'. AND with all my other themes i have, now up to 12,lol, i dont have any sd card, bw or QW issues. SOOO thats how i fig'd it has to be the theme.

So far today, i've loaded 5 wps and moved them with the cut/paste option to the folders i wanted and no problems at all

09-26-11 08:16 AM
23,186 ... 663664665666667 ...