I love the tooth fairy. Always brings presents !!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-01-11 12:17 PM
    Am I the only rambler running Cell South's 587?
    08-01-11 04:46 PM
    Am I the only rambler running Cell South's 587?
    You may be. As I think Midd and Underway are using a hybrid. I might be moving to OSBB's v3 myself. How is 587?

And BTW, for the record, I HATE BBM 6.
    laggy, laggy, laggy!!
    08-01-11 04:58 PM
    laggy, laggy, laggy!!

+1 that may be my issue. BBM seems to drag everything down.
    08-01-11 05:01 PM
    Still on os 6.0.524 here. As an aside, I have rooted my Nook Color a couple times to Gingerbread 2.3.3 and then gone back to the stock OS. Not sure yet if I want to keep 2.3.3 on it. I do like some of the App Market apps like Kindle. The Nook app is not as good as the stock OS. With 2.3.3 I can also use Opera Mini which is so much better than the Nook browser. Just my 2 cents.
    08-01-11 09:33 PM
    You may be. As I think Midd and Underway are using a hybrid. I might be moving to OSBB's v3 myself. How is 587?

laggy, laggy, laggy!!
    I'm using OSBB 600V1 over 600. Very smooth. I hear that the 587 radio seems to be better for some. I've not yet had any reason to try it. I might load 600V3 over 587 if I try the newer hybrid.

I thought the lag thing was something with my hybrid or my reload of the NFL app. It hadn't occurred to me that the new BBM was the issue. I may change back and see what happens. There's nothing in BBM6 that makes me want to keep it.
    08-02-11 01:17 AM
    I'm using OSBB 600V1 over 600. Very smooth. I hear that the 587 radio seems to be better for some. I've not yet had any reason to try it. I might load 600V3 over 587 if I try the newer hybrid.

I thought the lag thing was something with my hybrid or my reload of the NFL app. It hadn't occurred to me that the new BBM was the issue. I may change back and see what happens. There's nothing in BBM6 that makes me want to keep it.
    Underway, when I beta tested BBM6 I deleted it for the same reason. It was very laggy. Hit the return key and it takes a full 5 secs for the message to appear in the convo. It seems to lock up a bit after coming back from sleep.

I also installed by VZW NFL Mobile app and I never never have had any trouble with it. So I would not even suspect it. And I play the vids and stream the live feeds as well. Is there any better app than that? I don't think so! Now if DTV would get their act together and get their app ready for this season, I'd be all set....
    08-02-11 06:45 AM
    Underway, when I beta tested BBM6 I deleted it for the same reason. It was very laggy. Hit the return key and it takes a full 5 secs for the message to appear in the convo. It seems to lock up a bit after coming back from sleep.
    I rolled back to 5.0.3.22. Found an OTA. Beta 6.0.0.113 was better than the one released last week.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-02-11 08:16 AM
    Good morning Ramblers ! I rolled back to .524. It seems to be doing ok so far. .600 was giving me fits. My ace mechanic advised me to roll back. Maybe even try the .587. I also went back to BBM 5

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 09:10 AM
    I rolled back to 5.0.3.22. Found an OTA. Beta 6.0.0.113 was better than the one released last week.
    Hmmm. OTA would be easier than taking the COD files from my last hybrid. Would you be willing to post or PM me that OTA?
    08-02-11 09:33 AM

I also installed by VZW NFL Mobile app and I never never have had any trouble with it. So I would not even suspect it. And I play the vids and stream the live feeds as well. Is there any better app than that? I don't think so! Now if DTV would get their act together and get their app ready for this season, I'd be all set....
    I recall doing the same thing and I didn't try the final BBM6 beta. I didn't even consider that when I loaded the new release. I figured that they had fixed the lag and app incompatibility issues. Should have looked, I guess.

+1 on the NFL app. I'd keep the unlimited data plan just for that, even if I didn't still have my $10 unlimited deal. Next, I want one for NCAA football. Can you imagine if the SEC or PAC-12 had a streaming app where you could see all their games?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-02-11 09:41 AM
    The latest hybrid from OSBB (OSBBv4) is out. I would suggest running it with the 587 radio as most find it better than 600.

Everyone I know and talk to says BBM6 is laggy and most have gone back to 5. I'm not really having a lag issue with it so I'm keeping it for now.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-02-11 11:09 AM
    I recall doing the same thing and I didn't try the final BBM6 beta. I didn't even consider that when I loaded the new release. I figured that they had fixed the lag and app incompatibility issues. Should have looked, I guess.

+1 on the NFL app. I'd keep the unlimited data plan just for that, even if I didn't still have my $10 unlimited deal. Next, I want one for NCAA football. Can you imagine if the SEC or PAC-12 had a streaming app where you could see all their games?
    OMG!!! The SEC on a mobile app would be da bomb!!!!!!
    But something like that would bring the VZW network to its knees! Or any network!!!

I think I am rolling back to BBM 5. Paul better get that link ready for me....
    08-02-11 12:21 PM
    The latest hybrid from OSBB (OSBBv4) is out. I would suggest running it with the 587 radio as most find it better than 600.

Everyone I know and talk to says BBM6 is laggy and most have gone back to 5. I'm not really having a lag issue with it so I'm keeping it for now.
    OK so V4 is the one I should use? I am thinking of reloading a hybrid. Although as of right now, I have experienced the Black Screen of Death only twice. One more time and BINGO!!!!! Off to a hybrid. Fokking Sprint official OS POS
    08-02-11 12:22 PM
    OK so V4 is the one I should use? I am thinking of reloading a hybrid. Although as of right now, I have experienced the Black Screen of Death only twice. One more time and BINGO!!!!! Off to a hybrid. Fokking Sprint official OS POS
    Yes v4 is pretty good. If you are still on straight 600 it is WAY better.
    08-02-11 02:20 PM
    Hmmm. OTA would be easier than taking the COD files from my last hybrid. Would you be willing to post or PM me that OTA?
    No problem, OTAs are here

underway99 likes this.
    08-02-11 02:22 PM
    OK so I can't stand the laggy bbm6 anymore.I spend my whole day on bbm. I will forgo the link to other apps and the catchy integration because the app is a pos. Back to 5.0.0.23...BUT HOW???????

Oh and please don't say DM anything cause I don't use DM.

PC gave me a link but it doesn't work.
    08-02-11 10:21 PM
    OK so I can't stand the laggy bbm6 anymore.I spend my whole day on bbm. I will forgo the link to other apps and the catchy integration because the app is a pos. Back to 5.0.0.23...BUT HOW???????

Oh and please don't say DM anything cause I don't use DM.

PC gave me a link but it doesn't work.
    First, I grabbed BBM5.0.3.22 from the link that PC posted. I used the OTA downloader in the BBHybrids tool. Then I uninstalled BBM6 and rebooted the phone, and used BBSAK to make sure that all the BBM6 CODs were gone (the uninstaller missed one). After another reboot, I installed BBM5 with BBSAK.
    08-02-11 11:38 PM
    First, I grabbed BBM5.0.3.22 from the link that PC posted. I used the OTA downloader in the BBHybrids tool. Then I uninstalled BBM6 and rebooted the phone, and used BBSAK to make sure that all the BBM6 CODs were gone (the uninstaller missed one). After another reboot, I installed BBM5 with BBSAK.
    OK, first problem is that link does not work anymore.
    So I don't have the file.

EDIT: ok I got the file on my pc now.It wouldn't download on my phone for love nor money. It's only the jad. I have to use OTA Downloader and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. Thought I could just install. I'll take the files from OTA Downloader and see if that works. Strange that for an OTA install you need a PC.

EDIT2:
    I got the folder and opened it up. Clicked on the jad and got the 907 cod failed error.
    If I delete BBM and then do the same thing and it still fails, I am without BBM. So am not willing to do it. I will stay with BBM 6.

thanks for the help anyway.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-03-11 at 06:20 AM.
    08-03-11 05:58 AM
    I'm not sure why JD is having problems with that link. I deleted bbm from my Bold and reinstalled from that link again last night. It was working around 6PM EST.
    08-03-11 07:30 AM
    Could you give me the list of BBM cods? I tried downgrading to the one bundled in 587, and got an error saying that it was incompatible with my device. How the fok could that possibly be?
    08-03-11 07:31 AM
    I'm not sure why JD is having problems with that link. I deleted bbm from my Bold and reinstalled from that link again last night. It was working around 6PM EST.
    OK no one said to DELETE BBM first!!!
    And then what? Suppose the link doesn't work again?
    08-03-11 07:35 AM
    OK no one said to DELETE BBM first!!!
    And then what? Suppose the link doesn't work again?
    I didn't say you had to delete BBM first. The first time I installed 5.0.3.22 form that OTA link it asked me if I wanted to replace 6.0.0.125 with 5.0.3.22. I clicked yes or ok, and it was smooth sailing.

I wanted to installed the version bundled with 587 last night and I got the error that was incompatible with my device. So I tried to install it from 6.0.0.600 and that failed too. I redownloaded and reinstalled from the OTA I posted.

I may just wipe my phone today and start fresh.
    08-03-11 07:52 AM
    Jaydee, try the link in Ed's thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ck-ota-634014/

http://db.tt/tPKvWY2
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-03-11 09:50 AM
    Got it and it works!!!!! Yay!!!!!
    Thank you Paul!
    08-03-11 03:32 PM
23,186 ... 640641642643644 ...