Hmmm, maybe I will give it a go sometime soon. But gosh this 524 is so smooth and nice on my phone, I hate to jinx it!
    06-10-11 11:03 AM
    Hmmm, maybe I will give it a go sometime soon. But gosh this 524 is so smooth and nice on my phone, I hate to jinx it!
    Do you feel lucky? Leave well enough alone!
    06-10-11 11:22 AM
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!
    That's what I'm talking about!!!
    06-10-11 11:24 AM
    I have to agree. I've downloaded the hybrid, but I'm not sure I'm going to load it yet.
    06-10-11 12:08 PM
    Just wanting to jump in her an comment about the Amazon and CNET reviews...love them. I try and remember to take into consideration the high and low reviews but as a general rule I think they are accurate.
    For all who so kindly commented concern for my son...well he back on the fire again. At least from the text I received You know it doesn't matter how old they are..geeze...they are supposed to keep Mom informed! It does appear Arizona is having a tough time.
    06-11-11 04:10 PM
    Hey everyone.
    Been out all day but got a question for anyone who thinks they can help.

I have a bbm contact in another state on AT&T. Occassionally, we cannot communicate. I send messages and he sees them and responds, but on my end it always says D only, never R and I never get his pings or messages. I have asked about this before.

We have deleted each other, reinvited each other and I get an old odd account without the new picture that he is using so I know there is going to be no communication there. We can call and email but no BBM. This is the only contact of my 70 that it happens to. I even went so far as to change my name in BBM to all plain characters since when I use wacky ones, he can't see me on his PlayBook. I don't know what else to do. Is it even possible that there just are two people who cannot communicate on bbm? Are there other circumstances that don't allow it? Or is this just a bbm outage, AT&T prob? VZW prob? I have the official OS and so does he. As far as the PB, I have no idea.

Any ideas as to what to do? I once tried loading from a backup but it messed up all my contacts.

Because he sees my bbms and answers them, he says its on my end.
    What do I do?
    Last time it cleared up after a day. This has been going on since Wednesday. Neither of us changed anything.

Help.
    06-11-11 07:51 PM
    I remember reading about worldwide sporadic BIS issues mid-week as carriers updated software. Have you called Big Red?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 09:55 PM
    I remember reading about worldwide sporadic BIS issues mid-week as carriers updated software. Have you called Big Red?

I might agree with 99 that it could be the BIS outage causing the problem, but that would mean you would just get a message dump with they do come in and not end up just not every receive them. I would difinitely give VZW a call and see what they say. I'm guessing they are gong to tell you to you need to contact RIM in which RIM will tell you it is a carrier issue. . But I would still give that route a try.
    06-12-11 12:01 PM
    After having spoken with my contact over the phone, I think I will call VZW and have them pass me to RIM. My friend has international contacts and every single one works with him except me. Likewise for my 70 contacts or so. What the heck gives there?

I send and it says D.
    He gets the messages, responses, send pics, vn, broadcasts.
    I get NONE of those. I don't even see his status message.
    I reloaded my contacts from a backup. No luck. Everyone came back except his.

Network ATT/VZW prob?
    I sent an SMS and am still waiting to see if he got it. If he does then that means a carrier issue right?

EDIT: SMS works so a RIM/BBM issue?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-12-11 at 03:52 PM.
    06-12-11 03:46 PM
    I'm on with VZW. I'm not sure what they can do for me but its worth a shot. A reprogram, delete contact, re-add test messages, still not working. Up the chain I go....

ok, a batt pull? really???
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-12-11 at 04:35 PM.
    06-12-11 04:33 PM
    So deleted BBM and now waiting on a reboot. Then to App World to reinstall and that's all there is. Oh and a month old ipd selective restore file to add back. I'm screwed. My contacts will all have to be reinvited and what a mess that's gonna be. I hate messing with BBM.

Anyway, RIM says that's the only choice I have and if that doesn't work, I can't use the contact. Have you ever heard of such a thing?
    06-12-11 05:23 PM
    So it didn't work.
    We still cannot communicate.
    I send and it says D.
    He responds with an SMS to my BBM. LMAO!!!!

What else can I do?
    The tech at RIM says this will be something you have to put up with because it sounds like you don't want to delete this contact.

DELETE this CONTACT?
    UM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't want to delete this contact!
    06-12-11 05:50 PM
    Now wait!
    Help me think this through.
    When I reinstalled BBM, it automatically restored my contacts.
    Must be from remote email.

What happens if I choose an old backup from a time when my friend and I were communicating and restore that via cable from DM???????

Anyone? Beuhler??? Beuhler?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-12-11 at 06:34 PM.
    06-12-11 06:02 PM
    I'm thinking at this time anything is worth trying.
    06-12-11 09:22 PM
    I think that restoring from an older backup is a good idea. You could also delete your friend's BBM contact info from your phone, and have him invite you to HIS BBM list.

You could even look at loading an older version of BBM.

Last edited by Underway99; 06-12-11 at 10:36 PM.
    06-12-11 10:34 PM
    I think that restoring from an older backup is a good idea. You could also delete your friend's BBM contact info from your phone, and have him invite you to HIS BBM list.

You could even look at loading an older version of BBM.

So I plugged into DM. Deleted my BBM database. Restored an older backup from May 26th and everyone came back except this one contact. He's back but still no communication. He is calling ATT this morning. Maybe it's simply a network issue.
    06-13-11 07:13 AM
    An older version?
    I downloaded 5.0.3.22 from App World at the insistence of the RIM tech support.

Where do I find an older version?
    06-13-11 07:21 AM
    Jaydee, i can't believe your still having this issue with that one contact. It makes no sense at all that your other 69 contacts work with no issues. I've been trying to think of things for you to try, but from what you've been posting, you've tried just about everything under the sun!!

This may be a silly suggestion, but have you tried going into your manage connections, mobile network options, then open the menu key and click "diagnostics test" to see if that renders anything? I'm not sure if that'll help, but i just thought of it.

updated your PRL? and has he updated his PRL?

just reaching for stars here trying to help....
    06-13-11 08:16 AM
    Jaydee, i can't believe your still having this issue with that one contact. It makes no sense at all that your other 69 contacts work with no issues. I've been trying to think of things for you to try, but from what you've been posting, you've tried just about everything under the sun!!

This may be a silly suggestion, but have you tried going into your manage connections, mobile network options, then open the menu key and click "diagnostics test" to see if that renders anything? I'm not sure if that'll help, but i just thought of it.

updated your PRL? and has he updated his PRL?

just reaching for stars here trying to help....
    Yes. Thanks for the ideas Pink. I have updated my PRL, re registered my HRT, sent my service books, Re-activated my phone, etc. The tech said WHOA! I was gonna have you try all that. Nevermind, I said. I did it already. No luck!

However, he has done the same and it still doesn't work. I can't imagine that there are two contacts that can't communicate when they did wed am and then wed after noon...boom! Nothing.

I installed dropbox mobile that afternoon. I have since deleted it. That's it. I can't think of another app...
    06-13-11 09:04 AM
    I know you guys are not that interested in putting a new OS on your phones, but OSBB (Shane, King, and some other builders) are going to put out a new hybrid later today. This will be the same as the one Shane posted that adds the new 600 files. If you have already installed V6.7 there will be a patch that can be used to update the files so you can have the 600 files as well. So far the reviews from testers is the 600 files are really working great. I'm a little late in installing (it was put together last night and I'm just now installing) it so if you are interested I will leave some feedback a little later.
    06-13-11 11:50 AM
    OK guys, now Hamster is having the same problem with me that my other friend is having.

Help!
    I need an older version of bbm i guess.
    Where do I find one???

Or do I reload the OS?
    06-13-11 12:14 PM
    You should be able to get one from the hybrid guys. Or take it out of one of the hybrid builds. PM Shane. I'll bet he can hook you up.

06-13-11 01:14 PM
    OK guys, now Hamster is having the same problem with me that my other friend is having.

Help!
    I need an older version of bbm i guess.
    Where do I find one???

Or do I reload the OS?
    WOW, that's just crazy.

You could try reloading the OS. If you do, don't reload any of the settings, just your messages, contacts, texts, etc. Than separately reload your BBM from your older backup that was a working one. I'm not sure this will work, but at this point I really don't know what else you can do. I will keep looking for a solution.
    06-13-11 01:25 PM
    You should be able to get one from the hybrid guys. Or take it out of one of the hybrid builds. PM Shane. I'll bet he can hook you up.

I'll ask the OSBB hybrid group. One of them might have an older versions if you want to try that first.

Or you could try the Beta version. It might have a fix.
    06-13-11 01:26 PM
    Thanks Underway and Midd!
    Hamster and I talk all day everyday on BBM so we are at wit's end now being reduced to SMS.

I spent another 2 hours with Tier II tech support at BlackBerry this afternoon. After all the things I have tried and all the diagnostics they tried (including sending bbms and pin messages to Hamster and the tech and to me and back again and timestamps and checking their servers to see the logs etc) they have concluded that it is NOT A DEVICE ISSUE.

They believe it is a BB network issue. So BB and BBM are at fault and not VZW or ATT.

Their Tier 3 or Network Analyst is going to be hot on my case and with 24-48 hours I am going to hear from him. Let's hope he has a solution. I am going to hold off doing the full security wipe and reload one painful app and theme at a time since I would rather remove my liver with a shrimp fork than do that.

I feel like I have been dragged through a knothole since I have spent 4 hours in the past two days on the phone with these techs. All very nice people, but I am kinda tired of repeating the same story again and again to them. If it solves my issue tho, it's worth it. Especially since I don't have to reload everything again...YET!!!

Midd, I was beta testing the new BBM and hated the lag and typing errors etc so I deleted it. I would go backward rather than a leak at this point I think.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-13-11 at 02:48 PM.
    06-13-11 02:46 PM
23,186 ... 614615616617618 ...