Russ, wow! No wonder it was taking so much hair pulling to get morph going! If you think of all the moveable elements as widgets then you have replicated one of the best features of the android OS. DIY home screen is definitely cool.

Sent from my inc2 via Tapatalk
    05-18-11 11:26 PM
    Morning Ramblers!
    The left coasters are a-sleeping, Dr. Prince made a cameo appearance, Bob is MIA, Skyboxer is on a d..d....whatever, and the rest of us are anxiously awaiting either a new 9930 or Russ's new theme! (Or in pcgizmo's case, awaiting a new d..d....whatever).

I am knee-deep in cardboard boxes and with all the damp weather lately, the whole office smells musty and like worms. Everyone is packing around here because half the school is being renovated this summer and we gotta get out soon.

Got a question for those who use themes:
    Has it ever happened to you that one of more icons do not change to the new theme? For example, my media folder doesn't change to the design of the icons for a theme I choose. I must go to edit the folder and use the generic one. But then, when I open the media folder, none of the icons are in there. If I do a batt pull, they all line up on the home screen.

Has this ever happened to any of you or is it just the ghost in my machine?
    05-19-11 08:19 AM
    speaking of icons changing, or not changing with a theme, I'm running someone's Tabbed 6.1 and I have the new icon for the Messages Folder and for my vzw.blackberry.net account. My gmail account has the old 6.0 icon. Not a biggie.

I was helping a friend last night sync her Google Calendar with her Droid2 and I gotta tell ya, I was tempted to head right over to the verizon store!
    05-19-11 08:43 AM
    Jaydee, I'm not 100% sure of what you mean that the icons don't change with the theme, so perhaps its never hap'd to me BUT i can tell you, when i set a new theme and then do a bp, yes, all my media and IM icons are splashed all over my homescreen. I have to pick them up and put them back into their folders.

I only access my media from my QL menu, so as far as the empty folder, i can't help you there, sorry hum
    05-19-11 08:52 AM
    Jaydee, I'm not 100% sure of what you mean that the icons don't change with the theme, so perhaps its never hap'd to me BUT i can tell you, when i set a new theme and then do a bp, yes, all my media and IM icons are splashed all over my homescreen. I have to pick them up and put them back into their folders.

I only access my media from my QL menu, so as far as the empty folder, i can't help you there, sorry hum
    OK yes, that all happens to me as well. So how do I access pictures from QL? Can I set a shortcut just for the pic icon?

Nevermid: WooHoo!!!
    I got it! Now why didn't I think of that before? Geez! Thanks Pink!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-19-11 at 08:58 AM.
    05-19-11 08:55 AM
    Jaydee, open QL, menu key, add items, 'application', open that tab and scroll down to 'media'. there you can choose which media function you want, in my case i added "media-pictures" so when i click QL,M, it takes me to media, when i click that in QL, it'll open my picture library

keep in mind if you just did a reboot and we get that whole indexing lag sh!t, it'll still happen with QL as well and take forever to open regardless.
    05-19-11 09:00 AM
    OK yes, that all happens to me as well. So how do I access pictures from QL? Can I set a shortcut just for the pic icon?

Nevermid: WooHoo!!!
    I got it! Now why didn't I think of that before? Geez! Thanks Pink!
    lol, while you were fussing i was typing the directions to it!

glad ya got it!
    05-19-11 09:05 AM
    Got a question for those who use themes:
    Has it ever happened to you that one of more icons do not change to the new theme? For example, my media folder doesn't change to the design of the icons for a theme I choose. I must go to edit the folder and use the generic one. But then, when I open the media folder, none of the icons are in there. If I do a batt pull, they all line up on the home screen.

Has this ever happened to any of you or is it just the ghost in my machine?
    There is a section in theme builder where the developer, should they wish, can change the order and placement of the icons. They can create / delete folders and move icons to different folders etc. Personally, I *never* touch this for obvious reasons, but if a developer ever did then you may see what you are experiencing.

Russ.
    05-19-11 10:00 AM
    speaking of themes, would you believe betwn the 16th and today, i've gotten rid of 9 themes off my bb
    mostly ones i prob won't use anymore and 2) i felt the need to "clean house"
    05-19-11 10:48 AM
    There is a section in theme builder where the developer, should they wish, can change the order and placement of the icons. They can create / delete folders and move icons to different folders etc. Personally, I *never* touch this for obvious reasons, but if a developer ever did then you may see what you are experiencing.

Russ.
    speaking of themes, would you believe betwn the 16th and today, i've gotten rid of 9 themes off my bb
    mostly ones i prob won't use anymore and 2) i felt the need to "clean house"
    Russ,
    Thanks for that information. I wonder if the icons are hiding somewhere else? I will look next time and see.

Pink, I deleted 4 yesterday myself! I have to keep making room as I add new themes. Sometimes I go back to the ones I delete and a few have NEVER gone off my BB...Newberry, for instance. Reflex, Ciel, Clockr, Adler, Heartbeat, Luno etc. The classic ones stay no matter what else I try...
    05-19-11 11:00 AM
    yes I know you "need" to make room for all the reviews you do....I, on the other hand, have no excuse! LOL. Idk, I'm just in one of "those moods" that I feel the compelling need to clear out things. Even though I got rid of the 9, I think I still have about 26 on here(that includes the default theme) and even still I've got this urge to just clear out more.

I did of course, like you, keep my absolute faves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 12:25 PM
    I was helping a friend last night sync her Google Calendar with her Droid2 and I gotta tell ya, I was tempted to head right over to the verizon store!
    Hey I get tempted every so often also and find a visit to a verizon store will cure it every time.(so far)
    As I posted yesterday I strolled into one and tried out one of the 4G T-bolts. You know, where I find these devices excel at is web browsing. It doesn't get any faster as of today. But I see all the other areas that for me personally it fails at. Battery doesn't last, virtual kb sux bad, trying to get thru the ui and negotiating menus is a challenge. I'm sure there is tons more if I spent more time with one. People in my age group still like real kb's and ease of use, along with good batteries since we forget to charge them. I do love the browsing tho, that really rocks it for me. But then again, I can do it later on my laptop. Still....that tempts me. Another thing the t-bolt has is really nice flash integration. But the over all learning curve is large for me and I know it will be there waiting for me to digest and learn while my BB is already a done deal, fully learned and good to go. There may very well be a day when that wonderful browsing experience wins me over and I'll just have to eat that learning curve, but not happening today. If the bold touch should by some chance disappoint, I might be inclined to rethink things, also if a t-bolt type of device came out in a BB bar form then we could be talkin'. You know tho I hear alot of freeze-up tales of woe on android forums with the various devices. Another possible issue to worry about.
    I can completely understand your urge tho Paul, and one of these days it will win out.
    Gonna shut up now before the Queen throws me in the android dungeon
    05-19-11 01:06 PM
    Gonna shut up now before the Queen throws me in the android dungeon
    Nope, the Queen is allowing all talk of d..d..(whatever) because she has no hopes of saving pcgizmo from it.
    What good would putting him in a dungeon do?

Go ahead, get your new devices. Next year maybe Hamster and I will upgrade too! Right Hamster? I think she has longer to wait than I do...

That's ok. The Queen can rule over an empty castle. Don't worry about her! Then she can run through the hallways, screaming at the top of her lungs!!!!
    05-19-11 01:16 PM
    Nope, the Queen is allowing all talk of d..d..(whatever) because she has no hopes of saving pcgizmo from it.
    What good would putting him in a dungeon do?

Go ahead, get your new devices. Next year maybe Hamster and I will upgrade too! Right Hamster? I think she has longer to wait than I do...

That's ok. The Queen can rule over an empty castle. Don't worry about her! Then she can run through the hallways, screaming at the top of her lungs!!!!
    LMAO!!!!! I'll be running around with you!!!

Yes - I have to wait until Nov or Dec 2012!
    05-19-11 01:22 PM
    But the over all learning curve is large for me
    I look at it this way, yes the learning curve will be there, it's size is mostly subjective. You also had a learning curve with your first blackberry at some point too.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend who migrated from Pearl to Curve 8330, and let me test drive his Pearl until he was ready to sell it on CL. I got the feel for it, and after about two weeks I was hooked.

I think Droid will be the same thing. Yes, at first you'll be saying a lot of WTFs, but in time you'll break through the barriers. Who knows, you may even start giving tips on a forum to people who are new to it.

Spiffy looking icons and customizable trays aside, I doubt BB7 is going to be earth shattering, and while I by no means know everything there is to know about the BB OS, I'm kind of bored with it and need something new to dig into.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-20-11 at 07:41 AM.
    05-19-11 02:10 PM
    I've got a questions for the Ramblers. I was having a problem with a couple of my email accounts yesterday so I deleted them from BIS and then re-added them. Now, when I send service books instead of getting the email that the account was setup successfully, I get an email saying "action required- leave messages on server". Have you guys ever seen this and what does it mean?

05-19-11 02:15 PM
    can I run thru the hallways screaming with you guys too?!?! Can I?? Can I?!?! lmao!

My upgrade isn't due till 2012 of some mth, I don't even know when! LOL

05-19-11 02:18 PM
    ok I know prince just posted a question about the email but the post disaPeared or did he delete it ? LOL.

Anyway, prince, that is prob because of the BIS email upgrade 4.0 that's going on. I would think at least.

05-19-11 02:31 PM
    I look at it this way, yes the learning curve will be there, it's size is mostly subjective. You also had a learning curve with your first blackberry at some point too.

I think Droid will be the same thing. Yes, at first you'll be saying a lot of WTFs,

I'm kind of bored with it and need something new to dig into.
    I agree with this. Back when I was using GSM I was able to try out lots of phones by buying, using, selling and buying more Always looking for the next, best one. It was worse than my BB addiction which is nothing comparatively speaking.
    When I landed on verizon 2 years ago I still had 3 or 4 devices I would constantly swap out all the time. Not as easy as swapping sims, but not to bad.
    I'm actually looking at getting another device and keep the BB until the 9930 drops. While I'm certainly not well to do, I could easily afford a second phone at full price. Try it for a bit, if it doesn't cut it I can resell it and only lose some $$. I'd keep the Bold as a fall back.
    I'm like you , getting bored and looking for new horizons to explore.
    That learning curve can be half the adventure as long as the WTF's can be kept to a minimum.

I've got a questions for the Ramblers. I was having a problem with a couple of my email accounts yesterday so I deleted them from BIS and then re-added them. Now, when I send service books instead of getting the email that the account was setup successfully, I get an email saying "action required- leave messages on server". Have you guys ever seen this and what does it mean?
    Sorry Keith I'm no help, just wanted to say I have not had this problem. I know there was some BIS issues folks were talking about for the past few days that included email issues. I have never touched my email setup since the first day I set it up. I have 3 accounts and they have always worked fine. I have upgraded and changed my os a few times in the past couple weeks the latest two days ago and everything came back as it should.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-19-11 at 03:07 PM.
    05-19-11 03:01 PM
    can I run thru the hallways screaming with you guys too?!?! Can I?? Can I?!?! lmao!

My upgrade isn't due till 2012 of some mth, I don't even know when! LOL

Pink, that castle should be just big enough for us gals!!!
    We'll invite Elizabeth for TEA!!!!!!
    05-19-11 03:28 PM

I get this occasionally if/when I register or reregister an email account. It just tells you that the account has been successfully setup on your phone, and that you need to ensure that your primary email client (Outlook, GMail, etc) is set to leave messages on the server. If your primary email client is not set this way, your messages will be deleted from the server after you open them on your PC or on your BlackBerry. Your PC client is likely already set this way.

05-19-11 04:17 PM
    While out and about today I stopped in at a local verizon store and played with the thunderbolt. The 4G speed is pretty awesome. Very impressive. I tried typing an email and talk about frustrating. A huge learning curve would await me here. I got to have a real kb. If it wern't for that I would really consider it. I'm hoping the bold touch feels like enough of an upgrade to keep me happy between my NE2's . A very slick phone that t-bolt. I can see why people like it, but the virtual kb is the crap pits!
    Hey guys, just checking in to get a little info from you guys. I saw Jim's comments about the Thunderbold, my eldest son got one last week and loves it. My wife is intrested in a touch screen primarily because she wants a larger screen than my old Tour. We were thinking Droid X but since that one came out I may get her that one next month when her NE2 is due. If RIM doesn't do something soon for a good 4G device I may have to take a long and hard look at the Thunderbolt, I've never had a touch screen and don't think I would like it but I may have to give it a try. Time will tell.
    05-19-11 05:18 PM
    Hey guys, I need some help. My #2 son just got a replacement 9650, supposedly NIB; whoever it has 5.0.0.1006 on it. We want to upgrade him to BB6, what is the latest and greatest version out there of BB6? I'm running .524, not sure if that is the best. I'm having a couple of problems that may be related to .524 so I thought I would check with you guys to get the straight skinny.

Thanks,
    05-19-11 05:28 PM
    Verizon just released 524. Get it from their site ( BlackBerry® Software Updates ) if you don't have your leaked copy.

I had some issues (along with Jim and some others) with the radio in 524. We have loaded the 376 radio from 466 over the 438 radio in 524 and had really good results.
    05-19-11 05:48 PM
    +1 for the 466 radio combo with the 524 os Bob. 2 thumbs up!!
    Bob, you get 4G in your area?
    I thought you used to complain about weak signal sometimes.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-19-11 at 06:35 PM.
    05-19-11 06:29 PM
23,186 ... 599600601602603 ...