your very welcome

And yes as far as your bis user name and pw go, you def want to have those cuz if you ever want to add another email acct to your bb, you have to be able to log in bis to do so, whether off your bb or laptop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-14-11 11:17 AM
    ok, I have a questions for you guys now in regards to accessing your email accts off the bb thru the 'set-up' icon. So i clicked into 'set-up' and chose 'email'. From there it then 'checked for updates' and a screen came up sayin "unable to continue your session because a software update is required. to continue, you will have to update the software and log in again. update now?"
    it will bring me to dwld screen for the email application to dwld.

so wth is this? anyone know? did any of you have to do this?

this goes to show you how often i've used the email icon setup on my bb.

05-14-11 12:26 PM
    I got the same message. RIM apparently updated their email setup app. They did this before the first official release of OS6 for our Bold. Do you recall that update made the OS6 service books work on VZW? Perhaps this is an indication that there's a new OS on the way?

I remember reading about some updates to the core apps to support integration with the PlayBook. This could also be one of those updates. I didn't bookmark the info because I wasn't at that point in the market for a PB.
    05-14-11 01:01 PM
    So maybe we are one step closer to the 9930 launch then? Let's hope verizon and asurion run out of 9650 refurbs then

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    05-14-11 01:11 PM
    So maybe we are one step closer to the 9930 launch then? Let's hope verizon and asurion run out of 9650 refurbs then

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Hey, it worked last time!
    05-14-11 01:16 PM
    so, silly question, should i let it dwld the update for the email then?
    05-14-11 01:23 PM
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]go here and use your user name and pw.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    Password?? now there;s the question of the day. I don't think I ever set that up.
    Sheeesh!
    05-14-11 01:41 PM
    Password?? now there;s the question of the day. I don't think I ever set that up.
    Sheeesh!
    nooooo waaaaaay! really Jim?

that was the 2nd thing i did after i activated my very first bb, 8330, back in 2008.

So wait, how do you access your email acct if you need to edit it or send sb's then? do you go thru your bb with a user name and pw? if so, then on bis, it would be the same user name and pw. (i would think at least.)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 05-14-11 at 01:46 PM.
    05-14-11 01:43 PM
    Interesting I sent my pin and they sent back that my user name and pw don't exist. So how can my bb be working properly if this was never set up? I always check the registration email I get everytime I upgrade my os and it always says I'm registered so I never worried about it.
    05-14-11 01:46 PM
    I don't recall ever doing this before. They maybe set it up in store?? Would they do that? Or at least registered me that way. I dunno. I did change my BB the 2nd day as it wasn't working right(bad vol key) so I had a new pin.
    05-14-11 01:49 PM
    FWIW. I upgraded my email set up a few min ago since they gave me a pop up to do so now or later. All is fine with my 3 email accounts.
    05-14-11 01:50 PM
    hey guys/gals, any of you that have yahoo email having an issue sending but not rec'ing?

Hamster, you have yahoo. Any problems at all?

I'm trying to send to photobucket for ss and it won't go thru. I just logged onto PB no prob so its not that. I also sent a test email from my yahoo to my aol and I've still got the red clock showing.
    Hi Pink,

I was having issues this morning. I'm on Verizon. I sent myself some wallpapers from my pc to my BB phone....the email arrived on my BB ok....but when I tried to open the attachment.....nothing....just that darn red square clock box. Everything was working ok on Friday. I then tried sending an email from my BB with a wallpaper attached and it would not send and it would finally show a red X. Went to my Verizon store and saw my tech guy.....they said Verizon was having some server issues. My tech guy then called Verizon Tech support.....they in turned transferred my tech guy to RIM. So between my Verizon tech guy and RIM.....they finally fixed things. I was told that it had something to do with the service books (even though my tech guy resent my service books way before he called RIM) not being updated correctly by RIM. That's all I know.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-14-11 01:52 PM
    Interesting I sent my pin and they sent back that my user name and pw don't exist. So how can my bb be working properly if this was never set up? I always check the registration email I get everytime I upgrade my os and it always says I'm registered so I never worried about it.
    idk Jim. I'm baffled by this. when I got my first bb, I actually ordered it online(2008), got it home the next day, activated it, called Vzw to set up email and they guided me thru online with the user name and pw.And that was it. the rest is all history. from there every now and then, i go on and log in just to check on my acct. In fact, i had to this morn because i had an issue with yahoo so i had to resend my sb's. i never use the email feature on my bb, i always go thru my laptop. Its easier to navigate, at least to me it is.
    05-14-11 01:52 PM
    Hi Pink,

I was having issues this morning. I'm on Verizon. I sent myself some wallpapers from my pc to my BB phone....the email arrived on my BB ok....but when I tried to open the attachment.....nothing....just that darn red square clock box. Everything was working ok on Friday. I then tried sending an email from my BB with a wallpaper attached and it would not send and it would finally show a red X. Went to my Verizon store and saw my tech guy.....they said Verizon was having some server issues. My tech guy then called Verizon Tech support.....they in turned transferred my tech guy to RIM. So between my Verizon tech guy and RIM.....they finally fixed things. I was told that it had something to do with the service books (even though my tech guy resent my service books way before he called RIM) not being updated correctly by RIM. That's all I know.
    Thanks Mojave. Yep, i was getting the red clock earlier too. I resent my sb's, did a bp and all was well. I fig'd it was some kind of server issue after hamster realized she was having a prob too.
    05-14-11 01:55 PM
    FWIW. I upgraded my email set up a few min ago since they gave me a pop up to do so now or later. All is fine with my 3 email accounts.
    alright Jim, thanks. I'll tackle this tomorrow so i can do a back up first. I'm heading out for the night in a few.
    05-14-11 01:56 PM
    idk Jim. I'm baffled by this. when I got my first bb, I actually ordered it online(2008), got it home the next day, activated it, called Vzw to set up email and they guided me thru online with the user name and pw.And that was it. the rest is all history. from there every now and then, i go on and log in just to check on my acct. In fact, i had to this morn because i had an issue with yahoo so i had to resend my sb's. i never use the email feature on my bb, i always go thru my laptop. Its easier to navigate, at least to me it is.
    No worries Pink.
    I'm not going to worry about it since it all seems fine and has been this way since day 2 apparently. I'll be getting a new pin when the 9930 drops anyway
    So might as well continue to cruise till then.
    05-14-11 01:58 PM
    alright Jim I know you can't wait till the 9930 pop up

05-14-11 02:00 PM
    alright Jim I know you can't wait till the 9930 pop up
    I dunno, I was thinking I'd wait till TB-7 is released and get some themes out there first.NOT!!
    05-14-11 02:03 PM
    LMAO!!!! Yeah, well I'm "that girl" thatll wait till themes are avail for OS7 so there LOL!

05-14-11 02:05 PM
    No prob Pink. We all got our priorities.
    05-14-11 02:10 PM
    Sheeesh!
    I don't recall ever doing this before. They maybe set it up in store?? Would they do that? Or at least registered me that way. I dunno. I did change my BB the 2nd day as it wasn't working right(bad vol key) so I had a new pin.
    Me too - to all the above...so when P1nk asked me I was like what?
    I never got a pw...But I am registered, so IDK??
    It's all working so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

As for the 9930...I really would like one , maybe even without themes cuz they will eventually have them...but I'm not due for an upgrade and can't buy one outright...so I will wait
    05-14-11 02:14 PM
    Me too - to all the above...so when P1nk asked me I was like what?
    I never got a pw...But I am registered, so IDK??
    It's all working so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

As for the 9930...I really would like one , maybe even without themes cuz they will eventually have them...but I'm not due for an upgrade and can't buy one outright...so I will wait
    Hamster, Interesting we have then same issue then. I'm not fooling with it since it's working. The email went on to say I should go to the BIS site(wherever the heck it is) via my BB. I'm leaving well enough alone. I start messing with it then a whole crap loada stuff comes down.
    Re, the 9930. The timing is good as my NE2 is due in another week, so I just hold tight. But I'd have gotten the 9930 either way. Just lucky with the timing.
    BTW, completely diff topic, I checked out the playbook yesterday in store and it is sooooo far away from anything I'd be interested in, I'm good as is. The playbook is def not for me. My lappy works fine and has a real KB! I am not a touchy feely guy for screens.
    05-14-11 02:21 PM
    Hamster, Interesting we have then same issue then. I'm not fooling with it since it's working. The email went on to say I should go to the BIS site(wherever the heck it is) via my BB. I'm leaving well enough alone. I start messing with it then a whole crap loada stuff comes down.
    Re, the 9930. The timing is good as my NE2 is due in another week, so I just hold tight. But I'd have gotten the 9930 either way. Just lucky with the timing.
    BTW, completely diff topic, I checked out the playbook yesterday in store and it is sooooo far away from anything I'd be interested in, I'm good as is. The playbook is def not for me. My lappy works fine and has a real KB! I am not a touchy feely guy for screens.
    I'm with you, Jim..if it ain't broke, don't fix it as they say.
    Lucky you to be able to get it! If I had my NE2 I might have considered it.

Re playbook...I have the nook color and it does me just fine for what I need...surfing, reading and now they have updated software to access the android market...so I'm set as well.
    05-14-11 02:41 PM
    I had an issue sending email from my yahoo account on my berry this morning, but it seemed to resolve itself.

Got a BBM broadcast from Sky yesterday saying he was jumping ship to droid!!! Guess there goes one of my testers *sniff*

Checked out my NE2 today, I have 6 months left, the way things are going that will probably be about right for grabbing an OS7 device with some of the bugs fixed
    05-14-11 03:02 PM
    Hey P1nk, I let my Bold do the email setup update. No issues so far.

About your BIS login, there was a change a few months back that dealt with this. Even though you have your BB registered and such, the change was about how you log into the system. If you create a BIS login (different from your vzw.blackberry.net login) you will have to enter a login user and password every time you want to make a change to your email accounts from your BlackBerry. Presently, a dedicated BIS login is not required to make those changes when making the changes from your phone. If I remember, there is no going back from this. If you access your BIS account from a PC instead of your phone, you will always have to login in order to make changes.

What this did was give you most of the access to your BIS account that the VZW tech has when you call for support. You would now have the ability to manage some aspects of your account, including directly pushing service books to your phone.

Clear as mud, now?
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-14-11 03:05 PM
23,186 ... 591592593594595 ...