Greetings all, you gals/guys that are into icons, can you recommend a site? I'm specifically looking for an email icon that pops up with the number of emails and I could put in an ocd slot. Had an os-5 theme that had this, was pretty cool. Searched here and found very little.
    05-05-11 04:22 PM
    Thanks for this info Russ. I'm guessing the commands to get to "check now" would be the same on Win7.
    I'm not entirely sure about winblows 7, but I can check later. It should be very similar.
    05-05-11 04:40 PM
    Greetings all, you gals/guys that are into icons, can you recommend a site? I'm specifically looking for an email icon that pops up with the number of emails and I could put in an ocd slot. Had an os-5 theme that had this, was pretty cool. Searched here and found very little.
    Sounds like you want a theme that has a messages today on the main screen, that will give you total number of emails.
    05-05-11 04:43 PM
    Russ, I am actually looking for an icon I could move from theme to theme(ocd slot). I have made some plain themes of my own and customize the email icon, but it restricts me to that theme. I've found a couple of premiums I like and use, so was hoping for a portable icon that displayed number of emails. I have the "real cal" icon that changes with the date and is portable so a changing email icon doesn't seem much of a stretch. I wonder if it could be extracted from the os-5 theme I had that did this. Just thinking aloud To clarify, the typical stock email icon has a way to small font and while it can be installed in an ocd slot, it's the tiny font that bugs me.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-05-11 at 05:58 PM.
    05-05-11 05:54 PM
    Russ, I am actually looking for an icon I could move from theme to theme(ocd slot). I have made some plain themes of my own and customize the email icon, but it restricts me to that theme. I've found a couple of premiums I like and use, so was hoping for a portable icon that displayed number of emails. I have the "real cal" icon that changes with the date and is portable so a changing email icon doesn't seem much of a stretch. I wonder if it could be extracted from the os-5 theme I had that did this. Just thinking aloud To clarify, the typical stock email icon has a way to small font and while it can be installed in an ocd slot, it's the tiny font that bugs me.
    I gotcha, lemme take a look around then at the API list.
    05-05-11 06:18 PM
    Would you want the unread number as part of the icon graphic or as the status text (app name) of the icon?
    05-05-11 06:22 PM
    Would you want the unread number as part of the icon graphic or as the status text (app name) of the icon?
    As the app name next to the icon would be great. Just the icon and the number digit of unread email. That'd be great!
    EDIT: A LARGE number/digit(s)
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-05-11 at 09:41 PM.
    05-05-11 09:16 PM
    As the app name next to the icon would be great. Just the icon and the number digit of unread email. That'd be great!
    EDIT: A LARGE number/digit(s)
    Ok, I'm suffering from theme builders constipation at the moment so I'm coding something for you. Just need to figure out picking up on the new email events. So far its just an envelope icon with a red number on it, but we can make it pretty after it becomes fully functional

Russ.
    05-05-11 10:35 PM
    Ok, I'm suffering from theme builders constipation at the moment so I'm coding something for you. Just need to figure out picking up on the new email events. So far its just an envelope icon with a red number on it, but we can make it pretty after it becomes fully functional

Russ.

That is all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 02:14 AM
    HAHA
    I LOVE coming on in the morning and reading the late night conversations you guys have on here! it's a riot!!!

It's Friday, Ramblers!!!
    WooHoo!!!!
    And tomorrow is Tulip Fest! The day when JayDee goes to Albany armed with her camera and various lenses to shoot hours of flowers! (Probably NOT something most of you are interested in...)

I always wanted to learn photography so now I just mostly teach myself. Got some lovely pics when I was in Maine (on PB). If anyone wants to see those or my tulip photos, just let me know!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!

Oh and I am still coughing, but much to the chagrin of my fellow co-workers, I am feeling like my old self. Therefore, the sign on my desk..."The CRAB is IN" still holds true! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-06-11 at 06:12 AM.
    05-06-11 06:08 AM
    morning all TGIF!!!

Jaydee, love the little crab sign too cute! Glad the cough is improving! tulips! Sounds like fun! I love tulips myself along with gerber daisies have a good time snapping photos!

Hamster, how ya doing with the new card, are you making positive progress? And did you do a card check error on the 'damaged' one? Curious if you've found the culprit.

05-06-11 08:30 AM
    Pink, thank you again for the lovely BattEx skins!! I have been using them exclusively this week and will all weekend!!
    Thanks again. You can see your handiwork in my screen shots!!
    05-06-11 08:33 AM
    your very welcome. Glad to see everyone is enjoying them. I'll be home later to check out the ss's as usual(my fave thread), so I'll see what you've got going on

05-06-11 08:35 AM
    Hiya, all!! Going to be busy today ...field trip with 13 5yr olds god help me.

Love the crab photo, Jaydee....enjoy the festival...tulips are also one of my faves!

P1nk...so far the new card is working great...fingers crossed. No more files disappearing etc....
    Haven't had a chance yet to check the old card...but I will cuz I want to know what the culprit was also, so I don't install it again, ya know?

And thanks for the battex....finally got a chance to dwnld on my new card
    Now I can use them, yay!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!
    05-06-11 08:39 AM
    good lord woman! 13 5yo's! Have fun LOL

Glad to hear the new card is doing good

Your welcome also for the batex skins! glad to hear you'll be enjoying them

BTW, if you guys come up with any batex skin ideas, feel free to run them past me for the batex thread and if I can do it I will

05-06-11 08:45 AM

That is all.

Those ones look like they might be past their expiry date, Sky!
    05-06-11 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the memory ideas and pointing me in the right direction 99. Sorry for the delay in my gratitude. It has been a hectic week.
    05-06-11 06:16 PM
    Jaydee, I grew up in the heart of tulip life. I am an ole Dutchman from NW Iowa. Each year Pella and Orange City, Iowa hold Tulip Festivals. The folks in Orange City wash the streets with brooms and buckets before the three day event and before each parade. There are also tulips everywhere. Not sure how far west you might ever want to travel, but you can more info about the May events with a google search. Have fun in your neck of the woods this weekend.
    05-06-11 06:21 PM
    Jaydee, I grew up in the heart of tulip life. I am an ole Dutchman from NW Iowa. Each year Pella and Orange City, Iowa hold Tulip Festivals. The folks in Orange City wash the streets with brooms and buckets before the three day event and before each parade. There are also tulips everywhere. Not sure how far west you might ever want to travel, but you can more info about the May events with a google search. Have fun in your neck of the woods this weekend.
    Yup Runkle, street scrubbing was today. They do it in their authentic costumes and wooden shoes!

Over200,000 tulips in the park in over 140 varieties. I can't wait!!!
    05-06-11 06:53 PM
    Thanks for the memory ideas and pointing me in the right direction 99. Sorry for the delay in my gratitude. It has been a hectic week.
    You're more than welcome.
    05-06-11 07:24 PM
    Sounds like home to me Jaydee. Tell my long lost relatives hi; especially the well to do ones.
    05-06-11 08:14 PM
    Well my brother decided to use his upgrade since his env touch was doing stuff without permission. VZW has bupkus for feature phones with keyboards so he gave in for a smartphone. He doesn't like the BB keyboard so he went Dr**d. I went with him to pick it out, came down to a ruggedized casio commando and an HTC Dinc2. I told him I wouldve gotten the Dinc if it were me but he picked the commando. Now the Dinc2 is haunting me, such a very sexy device. The 9930 needs to hurry up and get released.

05-07-11 12:28 AM
    A friend at work turned in his BlackBerry Curve 8330 for an HTC EVo4G.
    He says he loves it but Blackberry does a lot of things better. He didn't elaborate. But he said his battery lasts only 6 hours total. He can't even make it through the workday without a charger. He's thinking it might not be the phone for him....

Skyboxer...look at Runkle's sig.
    The grass is greener because it's painted.
    I would raise a few pints to that emotion anytime!
    05-07-11 07:02 AM
    A friend at work turned in his BlackBerry Curve 8330 for an HTC EVo4G.
    He says he loves it but Blackberry does a lot of things better. He didn't elaborate. But he said his battery lasts only 6 hours total. He can't even make it through the workday without a charger. He's thinking it might not be the phone for him....

Skyboxer...look at Runkle's sig.
    The grass is greener because it's painted.
    I would raise a few pints to that emotion anytime!
    I understand the Dinc2 represents the hot supermodel that was chatting me up, and my Bold represents the good wife that takes good care of me every day. But the Bold Touch must then represent my wife after "having some work done", and I need the surgeon to hurry up because I'm tempted
    05-07-11 08:24 AM
    I understand the Dinc2 represents the hot supermodel that was chatting me up, and my Bold represents the good wife that takes good care of me every day. But the Bold Touch must then represent my wife after "having some work done", and I need the surgeon to hurry up because I'm tempted
    I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket, too. Bring it on!

EDIT: That's a PHONE upgrade that I'm waiting for. I just wanted to make that perfectly clear.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-07-11 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
    05-07-11 09:52 AM
23,186 ... 585586587588589 ...