Lots faster processor than our current bolds, so I dunno. No matter which fone I end up with I almost always end up with an extended anyway. I'm in agreement tho that bigger batteries should be standard equip.
    Me too as far as the extended goes. I still think RIM shoots for a day's "standard" use. The problem is most of us here aren't "standard" users. The mistake happens when they add more functionality, encouraging more use, without adding more battery. Or not increasing what is considered "standard".
    05-02-11 10:11 PM
    g'morn everyone! As for the 9900/9930 battery size issue, I agree, they've chopped the batt size and *MOST* of us are not 'average' users. I know i'm not, but there are days that i don't do much on my bb at all except for a couple of tx msgs, change wp, batex and bw sets. THOSE are the days i'm busy running around like a nut! LOL So it would be interesting to see how long the batt will actually last. I honestly haven't read the article on the new bb yet.

NOW Sky, about that torture you were mentioning about *telling* us allllll about the theme without any ss's I demand you get sent to the dungeon for such torture LOL

05-03-11 07:43 AM
    So which carrier is getting which phone anyway?
    9900 or 9930? Any of them coming to VZW?
    I'm not gonna even pay attention to any of the hype if VZW is not getting one.
    05-03-11 08:56 AM
    Mornin' Ramblers!

Agree, Jaydee...if VZW doesn't get it, then really no point in me dwelling about it. Though they are getting the Playbook, so one would think that they would also get the 9900/9930 or whatever it's called these days.

Hi P1nk...thanks again

Russ We will wait patiently (NOT) for this new creation of yours, even if Sky decides to torture us, lol!
    You are amazing with what you can do!!
    05-03-11 09:03 AM
    Pink,
    Thanks again sweetie!!!!
    05-03-11 09:16 AM
    Mornin' Ramblers!

Agree, Jaydee...if VZW doesn't get it, then really no point in me dwelling about it. Though they are getting the Playbook, so one would think that they would also get the 9900/9930 or whatever it's called these days.

Hi P1nk...thanks again

Russ We will wait patiently (NOT) for this new creation of yours, even if Sky decides to torture us, lol!
    You are amazing with what you can do!!
    Pink,
    Thanks again sweetie!!!!
    YW girls! i'm so happy you like them!

As for the 9900/9930 IDK if its gonna be at VzW either. Good question, and i'm quite sure VzW will keep us waiting till the last minute to find out
    05-03-11 09:19 AM
    The new bold touch does look really nice! I've been following the monaco myself but I'm really hoping that the rumors of a horizontal slider are true. As to the battery issues, I'm confident that RIM have made enough progress with power consumption in the device that the battery consumption will be the standard day.
    05-03-11 09:47 AM
    I read somewhere tmo will be getting the bold touch first then the "cdma" version will be released right after. I'm thinking verizon will be getting it this summer. I don't see the logic in RIM making a cdma version of such a flagship device and giving an exclusive to Sprint. This is OS-7 and all brand new software. Verizon will get it, just need to be patient.
    05-03-11 10:07 AM
    Russ, I've always hoped for a touch bb like the storm2 and then turn to landscape to slide open a keyboard! perhaps someday in the near century RIM will finally do this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 10:23 AM
    So which carrier is getting which phone anyway?
    9900 or 9930? Any of them coming to VZW?
    I'm not gonna even pay attention to any of the hype if VZW is not getting one.
    I'm going to say everyone will get it. The 9930 for vzw and sprint, the 9900 for TMO/ATT. This is the most exciting device to come out since the bold 9000 as it represents a processor upgrade from previous models. There was no partnership announced with the 9900 like there was with the Torch. I don't think exclusivity will be a factor here.
    Since both versions were announced at the same time, I think it will be largely up to the carriers to decide when they are ready for their network.
    05-03-11 11:28 AM
    I read somewhere tmo will be getting the bold touch first then the "cdma" version will be released right after. I'm thinking verizon will be getting it this summer. I don't see the logic in RIM making a cdma version of such a flagship device and giving an exclusive to Sprint. This is OS-7 and all brand new software. Verizon will get it, just need to be patient.
    I guess we'll have to keep out eyes open for "in the wild" pictures to be able to guess when VZW will release, but since they seem to like testing until obsolete before releasing it may even be the Christmas season before we get our hands on one. I have read that ATT has devices in field testing now.
    Hey, think we could change the name of our thread to the "9930 waiting room" and have it moved to that forum?
    05-03-11 11:37 AM
    I guess we'll have to keep out eyes open for "in the wild" pictures to be able to guess when VZW will release, but since they seem to like testing until obsolete before releasing it may even be the Christmas season before we get our hands on one. I have read that ATT has devices in field testing now.
    Hey, think we could change the name of our thread to the "9930 waiting room" and have it moved to that forum?
    You mean something like "Montana/Dakota Pre-Release Ramblings"?

I'm sure that since we'd be talking about vaporware instead of a real, released device, it would be classified as "social discussion" and be left right here.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-03-11 02:36 PM
    I don't get how the new "bold touch" aka "montana" for cdma is "vaporware". It is confirmed for gsm and cdma. There is the forum/thread about it's speculation already so while we could start a thread within that forum it's all pretty much being covered. If we look back in this forum there was quite a lot of speculative discussion about our bolds mostly about when it might drop.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-03-11 at 03:32 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-03-11 03:29 PM
    I don't get how the new "bold touch" aka "montana" for cdma is "vaporware". It is confirmed for gsm and cdma. There is the forum/thread about it's speculation already so while we could start a thread within that forum it's all pretty much being covered. If we look back in this forum there was quite a lot of speculative discussion about our bolds mostly about when it might drop.
    Yes if I recall this thread started out as a speculation thread about the essex, before being pulled nearly from the store shelves and the name changed and memory upgraded. I think it's kind of cool that the thread is around to speculate on its replacement also, and I'm sure it will stay long ofter the Bold Touch ships.
    05-03-11 04:40 PM
    I think it's kind of cool that the thread is around to speculate on its replacement also, and I'm sure it will stay long ofter the Bold Touch ships.
    I'm not quite so optimistic as you perhaps. I'm thinking this thread being where it is will slowly sink into oblivian after the bold touch drops. It's headed that way now(sadly). It's got to be the longest running tho and that certainly says something. I think most bold lovers will opt for the bold touch at some point also tho.
    05-03-11 04:51 PM
    I'm not quite so optimistic as you perhaps. I'm thinking this thread being where it is will slowly sink into oblivian after the bold touch drops. It's headed that way now(sadly). It's got to be the longest running tho and that certainly says something. I think most bold lovers will opt for the bold touch at some point also tho.
    I, for one, will not opt for the Bold Touch until well after Feb of 2012. That's when I'm eligible. Therefore, I see myself going another good long while in this thread. If there's just one person out there who wants to talk with me about the 9650, then I will stay.

Don't give anyone the opportunity to close this thread before we're ready to close it, I say. As long as I'm around (and not banned...we will pray that I behave) then I will keep posting. SOMEONE out there will answer me...I hope.

Do you see how many views this thread gets? There are people out there who read and never post. All we have to do is get them involved in the conversation. Well anyway, what did you expect from the queen?
    underway99 and middbrew like this.
    05-03-11 04:56 PM
    I, for one, will not opt for the Bold Touch until well after Feb of 2012. That's when I'm eligible. Therefore, I see myself going another good long while in this thread. If there's just one person out there who wants to talk with me about the 9650, then I will stay.

Don't give anyone the opportunity to close this thread before we're ready to close it, I say. As long as I'm around (and not banned...we will pray that I behave) then I will keep posting. SOMEONE out there will answer me...I hope.

Do you see how many views this thread gets? There are people out there who read and never post. All we have to do is get them involved in the conversation. Well anyway, what did you expect from the queen?
    It's already (un)popular opinion that we dont talk about the 9650 here now, which is why we are here.
    Given that, there is no good reason why we have to go away just because we upgraded to some new awesomeness.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-03-11 05:13 PM
    Exactly! And I am not upgrading so I will still be on the 9650.
    So on with your regularly scheduled thread....
    in REHAB!!!!!

PS I hate touch screens!
    05-03-11 05:26 PM
    I will be more than happy to chime in every now and then. I will also not be upgrading to the 9930, not much of a touch screen fan myself. Though I really doubt the Queen will ever find herself here alone.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-03-11 05:47 PM
    PS I hate touch screens!
    I really dislike them also. If the bold touch didn't come with a trackpad I'd probably be re-thinking things about it I'm sure. I think that trackpad will negate alot of the need to touch the damn screen.
    I think this long lasting thread will drop off in levels, not all at once. We already have the 1st level drop down in progress(REHAB) 2nd level down for this thread will be the release of the bold touch. Not to say the old regulars won't pop in for a quick howdy, but having that nice new upgraded bold is going to put a damper on the visits. Plus there will be another thread catching fire with all the bold touch info and posters. And the last or 3rd level will be when the final bold users either finally got an upgrade due or maybe had issues and/or broke their old fav 9650. So it won't be quick, but it will be.
    Didn't mean to get the queen riled up and.......... I have a pristine bold 9650 btw that I could sell for a decently reasonable price to anybody who loves that model, when the time comes that is...
    05-03-11 06:08 PM
    Exactly! And I am not upgrading so I will still be on the 9650.
    So on with your regularly scheduled thread....
    in REHAB!!!!!

PS I hate touch screens!
    The touchscreen is what I missed the most when I replaced my trusty Treo 755 with a BlackBerry. The thing that I'm most looking forward to, however, is the larger keyboard along with the touchscreen. If this thing is closer to the size of the 9000 than the 9650, then that's a major upgrade.
    05-03-11 10:36 PM
    I can take or leave the touchscreen, but hopefully it will take some of the sting out of losing a convenience key. It would be nice if I could say, swipe down the left edge of the screen to launch QL. Rendering power is the big gain. It stunk on the OS5 browser and the magical webkit did little to help. But the video shows it rendering heavy web pages pretty nicely now with almost no tiling. Opera-like in fact.

05-03-11 10:47 PM
    Just updated BW to the 2.6 beta. Very nice! Recommended!

05-03-11 11:15 PM
    Okay this is odd. Email says there is a reply but it doesn't show in the browser.
    BW 2.6 changes. Loads radar on 1st attempt. More than 1 default radar. Reorganized manu system.
    There's a ton more and I should have provided the thread link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/public-beta-berryweather-2-6-a-611496/

Last edited by skyboxer; 05-04-11 at 12:22 AM.
    05-04-11 12:17 AM
    I read it at the Bellshare site.

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BerryWeather 2.6

It looks like primarily bug fixes. I have not yet tried this. The list (directly from the Bellshare forum linked above)

- Added new compact forecast style/configurable POP visibility
    - Added support for multiple built-in maps
    - Added auto-dismissing popup showing detailed error information when location update fails
    - Reworked license screen
    - Reworked settings categories screen
    - Minor changes to theme colors
    - Preliminary OS 7.0 support
    - Fixed error on first load of radar map
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-04-11 12:23 AM
23,186 ... 582583584585586 ...