Jim, glad to hear that you think this one is a solid build. I loaded King's v2.1 last night, had some errors similar to those that one of the girls had which like you I ignored for the moment. Problem is that in 21h I have lost 19MB which is unheard of on my device, not good. When I started loader.exe it appeared to be working well but ended up at a 507 error so I had to restart the load and use my BBSAK backup to get my apps back. Rather annoying to say the least.

I just finished DLing .524, I'll be off to scrub .466+King from my HD and load .524. I'll again shrink the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks (to quote JayDee) out of it and load it on my device. I certainly hope that I don't run to a 507 again.
    No mem leak here or ever for that matter. Guess I got one of the "good" bolds
    I do have the 3 errors tho on reboot, but have always had them due to something I shrunk out no doubt. They don't bother me. I put them on my ignore list.
    03-21-11 08:50 PM
    Dang F2, so you haven't even tried 6 yet? Knowing you can go back to 5 if you really hate it? I went back and forth probably about a dozen times at least before realizing 6 is where it's at for me. To each their own, but dude, you should at least pass judgement on it yourself. Feedback is good, but we as individuals have the final say as to what we like and don't...... just sayin'
    If only there were a way to IMAGE the entire 9650 so that I could dump it to disk, load OS6 but easily just reload the image if I did not like it. There are just too many tweaks, authorizations and themes to reset. I'm lazy and the phone performs its functions fine for me - yup - stick in the mud, F2!

I was at the mall (maul) the other day and stopped at the Verizon booth but damn thing was a dummy and I could not try the bold with os6. I should hit a real store this week and maybe give it a shot. I use the browser too much to be left with left-right scrolling and while I still read withOUT glasses at my age, I do need a reasonably sized font.
    03-21-11 11:31 PM
    I tried again and did get the leak to load, and did a 3rd party backup just in case. I think I might have a finicky sync cable. Either that or indeed it was Monday that was the problem.
    03-22-11 01:18 AM
    Ok, so zoom and wordwrap works on th wap forums now. This is HUGE for me. I do most of my forum browsing with my Bold and now I don't have to squint. So is this the .524 browser or did someone running CB flip the right switch?
    If this is the OS I'm going to recommend everyone upgrade. I've had no problems with FB or anything else for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 02:26 AM
    Ok, so zoom and wordwrap works on th wap forums now. This is HUGE for me. I do most of my forum browsing with my Bold and now I don't have to squint. So is this the .524 browser or did someone running CB flip the right switch?
    If this is the OS I'm going to recommend everyone upgrade. I've had no problems with FB or anything else for that matter.

Crackberry also recently added support for TapaTalk which is a nice light weight forum browsing/posting app.
    03-22-11 04:46 AM
    If only there were a way to IMAGE the entire 9650 so that I could dump it to disk, load OS6 but easily just reload the image if I did not like it. There are just too many tweaks, authorizations and themes to reset. I'm lazy and the phone performs its functions fine for me - yup - stick in the mud, F2!
    OS6 remembers icon placement when changing themes and even when restoring from a wipe/reload. This is my favorite feature in OS6 since I change themes like I do underwear. If you use bbsak to backup apps and restore after a wipe and Desktop manager to restore data there is almost no setup process each time you load any OS6 build.
    03-22-11 04:50 AM
    The new Opera Mini 6 is very fast and has column view. This might be my default browsers now. Here's the link. Use your phones browser. http://m.opera.com/minibb.jad?act=dl&tag=mini5bb&cert=�ion=en-us&rnd=2561330004&bbfw=4.7
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-22-11 05:02 AM
    I am just tickled pink with the default browser now, but I will give opera a try. Tapatalk shows promise but needs a lot of work and isn't needed unless it can add something of value.

03-22-11 05:07 AM
    Okay, opera is nice too. Guess I'll keep them both

03-22-11 05:15 AM
    OK well no one has to switch or upgrade their OS to get a proper browser anymore!
    When I go to CB with the native browser, I ht the track pad and the page zooms and wraps!

I'm on 431.

They had to have fixed the forums. I had 431 before my last hybrid and it never worked this way. I have dumped all 3rd party browsers and I prob won't need Tapatalk either as the native browser is doing what everyone wanted it to all along. I can read it and no scrolling!!!

First time ever.
    03-22-11 06:19 AM
    OK well no one has to switch or upgrade their OS to get a proper browser anymore!
    When I go to CB with the native browser, I ht the track pad and the page zooms and wraps!

I'm on 431.

They had to have fixed the forums. I had 431 before my last hybrid and it never worked this way. I have dumped all 3rd party browsers and I prob won't need Tapatalk either as the native browser is doing what everyone wanted it to all along. I can read it and no scrolling!!!

First time ever.
    And that answers my question. Its about time CB!
    I'm still keeping Opera around as a backup tho

03-22-11 06:28 AM
    And that answers my question. Its about time CB!
    I'm still keeping Opera around as a backup tho

Maybe I'll keep Tapatalk then for a while.
    03-22-11 06:35 AM
    i must agree, this leak is pretty awesome. Stable and fast. Only thing i dont like is the browser lol. Before the text was small, but readable but now its absolutely tiny and i cant read anything without zooming in.
    03-22-11 07:11 AM
    My browser did that in previous builds but I had to have the forum default setting enabled to make it work properly.
    this is what i was using for that one day Jim, that you told me about it. I was on 443 at the time, and my browser keep freezing and would'nt respond. thats why i didn't use it any longer. IDK how it is on 431.
    The new Opera Mini 6 is very fast and has column view. This might be my default browsers now. Here's the link. Use your phones browser. http://m.opera.com/minibb.jad?act=dl&tag=mini5bb&cert=�ion=en-us&rnd=2561330004&bbfw=4.7
    thanks for this link Midd! I will be happy to load this up and try it on for size!

I'm on 431.

First time ever.
    Alright Jaydee, i have a couple of ?'s for you about this. I'm also on 431, but i'm not seeing the results you are with the native browser. for the CB forum, are you on "wap3" or "new cb forum" for the browser. (ya know that setting you can change down at the bottom. And is there an additional setting in options i'm missing as well?
    I'm on the wap3, clicking my trackpad and nothings happening. I'm confused here. and if i hold alt+trackpad to zoom, i have to scroll LtoR to read.(wap3)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-22-11 at 07:36 AM.
    03-22-11 07:34 AM
    If you recall i had a heck of a time with 443 and the browser too, I am running 431 and i do have the option Jaydee described by hitting the track pad i can zoom in and out easily, and there was nothing i set up it is just there.
    03-22-11 07:37 AM
    If you recall i had a heck of a time with 443 and the browser too, I am running 431 and i do have the option Jaydee described by hitting the track pad i can zoom in and out easily, and there was nothing i set up it is just there.
    wth am I missing then. mine isn't 'adjusting' like Jaydees and your is. Are you on the default or wap Lrd?

ok, just installed OM, granted app trust, loading and its getting info about my FontCollect app, I'm guessing my fonts will show up on there, but not necessarily in the forum.
    03-22-11 07:42 AM
    this is what i was using for that one day Jim, that you told me about it. I was on 443 at the time, and my browser keep freezing and would'nt respond. thats why i didn't use it any longer. IDK how it is on 431.

thanks for this link Midd! I will be happy to load this up and try it on for size!

Alright Jaydee, i have a couple of ?'s for you about this. I'm also on 431, but i'm not seeing the results you are with the native browser. for the CB forum, are you on "wap3" or "new cb forum" for the browser. (ya know that setting you can change down at the bottom. And is there an additional setting in options i'm missing as well?
    I'm on the wap3, clicking my trackpad and nothings happening. I'm confused here. and if i hold alt+trackpad to zoom, i have to scroll LtoR to read.(wap3)
    Odd. I wonder if clearing the browser cache and/ or rebooting would help?

03-22-11 07:42 AM
    Odd. I wonder if clearing the browser cace and/ or renooting would help?

well sky, i did the 3 finger salute this a.m. prior to using my browser, and while on my browser i did a cache clear out. I guess I coudl try again, but actually pull the batt and see if that helps.
    03-22-11 07:44 AM
    I am on default pink and i have also tried Opera mini and Bolt and they are lousy for me, I use strictly the default browser on default period and it works fine.
    03-22-11 07:45 AM
    I am on default pink and i have also tried Opera mini and Bolt and they are lousy for me, I use strictly the default browser on default period and it works fine.
    ooohhh. yes then on the default setting I get the magnifying glass to zoom. but I still have to scroll to the R to click quote, reply+, thanks, etc. On 443 i had freezing issues using it thats why i stopped. perhaps I'll try again on 431 and see what happens. Bolt has really been getting on my nerves lately! I go to post, it posts what i've submitted but at the same time i get and error from CB saying that i've double posted! LOL and i haven't.

i thought you meant on "wap3" you were all getting this setting to come up.

did you guys grant trusted stat with OM when it first opened? should i have said yes? I always question these things.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-22-11 at 07:55 AM.
    03-22-11 07:49 AM
    And now its not wrapping for me either. No words. Okay, I have words but I can't say them here.

Edit- and now it is. Might be where you click, or clicking before the page loads completely?
    Last edited by skyboxer; 03-22-11 at 08:02 AM.
    03-22-11 07:59 AM
    OH WOW! I just got OM going, and it seems nice! The tp is a little jerky with the movement tho, but I just got on. I'll see how it goes
    03-22-11 08:01 AM
    I always grant trusted status it prevents problems.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-22-11 08:01 AM
    And now its not wrapping for me either. No words. Okay, I have words but I can't say them here.

sorry Sky.

yes you can say them here, like this
    %^$@!!@ ^#&&!*&@! )(#@%^&!^!!!!!
    03-22-11 08:03 AM
    I always grant trusted status it prevents problems.
    thanks Lrd. I know it may seem like a silly no brainer question, but with all the crap that can go on, i always question what may be the 'correct' thing to do. If you understand what i mean.
    03-22-11 08:05 AM
23,186 ... 517518519520521 ...