JayDee, re my errors on reboot, I get those no matter which os, so reloading is not going to fix anything. It is due to shrinking stuff out as it only started since I started shrinking. To me it's no big deal. It does not affect anything. I shrink everything , but BBM and password keeper. Fonts, themes, all is fair game. I'm OCD about shrinking. So not really surprised I get errors. No worries!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well Jim, you have me beat! Even I do not shrink all that you do! Wow. But if it doesn't bother you, that's all that matters!!
    I have been keeping App World on (I know, I know) because I have to download themes and apps to review for my other job. LOL

I also leave fonts. There must be something about what I'm shrinking that causes memory leaks, too.
    03-20-11 05:09 PM
    and ya know, I still haven't heard anything about the copy i won of Graffiti Six either.
    Pink, where did you win the copy from?
    Do you want a red, blue or green copy of it?
    I have a link.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-20-11 05:47 PM
    Pink, you are not OCD about those errors showing up on reboot.
    That is utter ridiculousness!!
    Why would anyone have errors on reboot? I shrink practically everything off my phone to begin with and I never have an error on reboot! You were right to put things back till it cleared. Maybe, as Midd said, next time you install an upgrade, do a good shrinking BEFORE (I think it was Middbrew, maybe Underway? sorry if I got it wrong!)

If I had errors on reboot, I would call in sick to work till I fixed it!
    LOL

And I have taken out all the things you mentioned earlier and never had an error. I really wonder what caused your trouble?

Jim, did I understand you correctly that you DO have errors on reboot? Why is that? Reinstall the OS and get rid of em! That would drive me to throw my phone through a closed window!
    I shrink everything. PTT,App World all the VZW stuff and I've never had a reboot error.

Last edited by princebb; 03-20-11 at 06:09 PM.
    03-20-11 06:06 PM
    I shrink everything. PTT,App World all the VZW stuff and I've never had a reboot error.

Prince, idk what the issue was, but something didn't jive when i did another shrink this morn. The only 3 extras I tacked on were Tasks, CityID and App World. so it had to be one of them that caused my prob, that why I then put EVERYTHING back on, did another shrink and left those 3 items out. Rebooted fine then. So like suggested, next os installd, i'll shrink before loading.
    03-20-11 06:36 PM
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaack, lol!

I think I'm all caught up..P1nk had shrinking issues, some new forum reader, TJ is going looney with BW and Battex skins, Paul made an appearance (Hi Paul!)
    Jim is getting antsy for another hybrid...Jaydee is swearing off everything...
    Business as usuall..

Vegas was !! Great time and now back to the grind

P1nk - I shrunk out app world and didn't have an issue. Though I left City ID and tasks..hmm. I was going to shrink again...but now not so sure.

Jaydee - you're rockin' all these themes!!! I feel so left behind...lol I've got some catching up to do! And your phone is behaving for the most part

TJ - Welcome to our addiction. it only gets worse

Midd - always there to help a damsel in distress!

Sorry if I missed anything or anyone...

Just thought I'd check in before calling it a night...I'm going on only 4hrs sleep at the moment, and am exhausted. I'll just sat that what happens in Vegas.....you know the rest!

Cheers!
    03-20-11 08:22 PM
    Hamster!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!! Glad to hear you had a great time-get some well deserved rest girl! We can all catch up tomorrow

Unfortunately back to the grind!
    03-20-11 08:30 PM
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaack, lol!

Vegas was !! Great time and now back to the grind
    I'm guessing that if it's back to the grind you didn't win millions.
    03-20-11 09:21 PM
    Well Jim, you have me beat! Even I do not shrink all that you do! Wow. But if it doesn't bother you, that's all that matters!!
    I have been keeping App World on (I know, I know) because I have to download themes and apps to review for my other job. LOL

I also leave fonts. There must be something about what I'm shrinking that causes memory leaks, too.
    I reload certain fonts from "font collection" and I have one theme(yeah, only one)that I made myself. I have no memleak at all thats worth mentioning. Lots and lots of shrinkage. Hey , I learned from the best, the Queen of shrinkage. H-E double hockey sticks and all.
    03-20-11 11:56 PM
    Hamster!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!! Glad to hear you had a great time-get some well deserved rest girl! We can all catch up tomorrow

Unfortunately back to the grind!
    Thanks, P1nk...It was fantastic...Saw Celine Dion show, and Barry Manilow which I was coerced into (It actually was a great time), gambled which I won and lost and came back $100 up! Not bad...The other great thing was that I met Bobby Flay!!! I'm a huge Food Network fan and especially Bobby's..We had dinner at his restaurant and he was there!! Woot!! Got my pic with him and autograph, so great trip!

I'm guessing that if it's back to the grind you didn't win millions.
    You guessed right No millions. I'm a wuss at gambling..don't play big, so therefore no big wins! $100 is good for me

I reload certain fonts from "font collection" and I have one theme(yeah, only one)that I made myself. I have no memleak at all thats worth mentioning. Lots and lots of shrinkage. Hey , I learned from the best, the Queen of shrinkage. H-E double hockey sticks and all.
    One theme I can't get my head around that. But then again, I'm obsessed with themes. Yours is pretty cool though - thanks for sharing it!
    I'm still debating on what more I can shrink out...I just don't want any errors.
    I can't handle that, lol!
    03-21-11 09:11 AM
    Thanks, P1nk...It was fantastic...Saw Celine Dion show, and Barry Manilow which I was coerced into (It actually was a great time), gambled which I won and lost and came back $100 up! Not bad...The other great thing was that I met Bobby Flay!!! I'm a huge Food Network fan and especially Bobby's..We had dinner at his restaurant and he was there!! Woot!! Got my pic with him and autograph, so great trip!

You guessed right No millions. I'm a wuss at gambling..don't play big, so therefore no big wins! $100 is good for me

One theme I can't get my head around that. But then again, I'm obsessed with themes. Yours is pretty cool though - thanks for sharing it!
    I'm still debating on what more I can shrink out...I just don't want any errors.
    I can't handle that, lol!
    Sounds like you had a ballin time!

as for the one theme thing, i can't wrap my noogin 'round that either, lol.

as for the shrink, well, we all need one at some point in time I was off the deep end yesterday! LOL oh, oh, you mean shrinkin the OS hee.hee. Well, up to you what you do. don't panic like i did If you get errors just add back on what new stuff you took off. Perhaps go one at a time-it may take longer & be a PITA, but if you shrink out say CityID and reboot np, then go for Task etc. if you get an error then you'd know which one exactly caused it. I just thought of that.

on another note - remember last week Sky mentioned the mem cleaner & reboot times taking longer. Well, I shut my mem cleaner off and my reboot time is back to 3mins now. So for MY DEVICE, thats what was causing it to take 6-8mins to reboot with it set. I'll leave it off, waiting that long to reboot kills me. lol. WHY it takes longer while the rest of you with it active still look at 3 min reboots times....who knows But we all have seen within this group how doing the same thing effects each of our devices differently. ie.my shrink issues yest, where most of you shrink out what i did, as routine & don't get errors, whereas Jim does & i sure did!!

Btw, i like this shade of green

Gmorn/g'aftnoon to all. It was snowing here before then rain then snow. now back to rain. Happy Spring! lol
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-21-11 at 11:22 AM.
    03-21-11 11:20 AM
    Pink, did you ever check out meterberry? I have used it more than I thought and it has a built in reboot option as well.
    03-21-11 11:56 AM
    Pink, did you ever check out meterberry? I have used it more than I thought and it has a built in reboot option as well.
    actually no runkle! I had forgotten about it! Ty for popping in-i will try to rem to check it out later. There's no app that conflict with MB that you know of, is there?
    03-21-11 12:06 PM
    Anybody see the 6/524 leak? I'm headed over to try it on.
    http://n4bb.com/5182/blackberry-bold...4-found-online
    03-21-11 12:25 PM
    yea i saw it and downloaded it already. I say im gonna wait and see how this build is, but once i get home chances are i will prolly give it a go no matter what lol.
    03-21-11 01:06 PM
    Anybody see the 6/524 leak? I'm headed over to try it on.
    http://n4bb.com/5182/blackberry-bold...4-found-online
    I just downloaded it. Let us know what you think.

03-21-11 01:06 PM
    Waiting for the rebooting process. Does anybody know how to check for radio version?
    03-21-11 01:20 PM
    I just downloaded it. Let us know what you think.

Did I read this right? It has column view?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-596337/

There's a DropBox link in that thread, too.
    03-21-11 01:21 PM
    Waiting for the rebooting process. Does anybody know how to check for radio version?
    ALT-SHIFT-H, look at Platform. It should read 4.4.0.438.
    03-21-11 01:24 PM
    ALT-SHIFT-H, look at Platform. It should read 4.4.0.438.
    Yes that is it. Is this the same then as 466? I can't remember. I can say my bars are looking good, very good for my home location.
    Sadly, I'm not seeing any column view under browser options.
    03-21-11 01:29 PM
    Yes that is it. Is this the same then as 466? I can't remember. I can say my bars are looking good, very good for my home location.
    Sadly, I'm not seeing any column view under browser options.
    The radio for 466 was 374. The column view question was based on a report in the Leaks and Findings thread.
    03-21-11 01:41 PM
    You remember that JayDee swore off OS changes and guns for Lent? I wonder what version we'll be up to by Easter?
    03-21-11 01:43 PM
    You remember that JayDee swore off OS changes and guns for Lent? I wonder what version we'll be up to by Easter?
    Yeah, but as much trouble she seems to have re-installing os's I'm thinking she gave up something easy there. Now the G+T's??
    I like my trimmed down bold, Takes all of 30 to 40 min to flawlessly upgrade and no hassles. Got my one theme back on and everythings sweet again. Gonna look for changes now.
    Regarding that radio file then is 438 new or was it on an older build? Everybody seemed to dislike the one on 466, while it didn;t bother me that much I'm wondering if this is something new and improved.

@Pink and JayDee, I still get the 3 startup errors after a reboot. It's something I shrink out causing it. I always do the complete shrinkola everytime. Doesn't bother me, Don't care. Now if it affected some operations I needed that would be a hugely different story. But the three Pink was getting are the same ones I think.
    03-21-11 01:57 PM
    I know you guys don't believe me but I am off all hybrids.
    And guns & tonics until Easter.
    You will all hold me to it. I am keeping 431 since I don't have any trouble with it except the leaking that I normally have. And rebooting doesn't take all that long since I turned off memory cleaning so I don't mind rebooting.

Im back to screen shots everyday and a different theme even sometimes three times a day. It's part of my job...lol

I just like USING my phone right now like a normal person instead of tinkering.
    At least till after Easter!
    03-21-11 02:29 PM
    Yeah, but as much trouble she seems to have re-installing os's I'm thinking she gave up something easy there. Now the G+T's??
    I like my trimmed down bold, Takes all of 30 to 40 min to flawlessly upgrade and no hassles. Got my one theme back on and everythings sweet again. Gonna look for changes now.
    Regarding that radio file then is 438 new or was it on an older build? Everybody seemed to dislike the one on 466, while it didn;t bother me that much I'm wondering if this is something new and improved.
    I think the radio is new. The most recent platforms were 374 (in 466), 348 (in 443) and 315 (in 431 and 436). The 374 and 348 radios were battery hogs and were possibly related to the SMS bug, among other things. We'll see if this one is any better.
    03-21-11 03:14 PM
    Got a question for the Ramblers:
    What's the best way for me to back up apps and themes delivered OTA?
    I want to keep the cod (or alx and jad) with me on a storage card.
    Back it up via BBSAK?
    That's what I have been doing.
    Any other alternatives?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
    03-21-11 03:34 PM
23,186 ... 515516517518519 ...