Bob, right now Al has 10 themes avail for OS6:
    Gradient, Around, Deuce, NewBerry, Xpress, Random, Dark Tril, SideBar, Framed & Slide.

This may help you when you do a search so you have the name of them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks P!nk, I have most of them. Didn't know he had released Random for 6, one of my favs. Need to DL a couple of others.
    03-08-11 08:05 PM
    All you need to do is check the box next to the files or apps you want removed and click on the Direct Shrink on Phone. It's that simple.
    Hello, I missed that one! Ya'll disregard my previous post, this is far easier.
    03-08-11 08:08 PM
    Woo Hoo! My phone just shipped!!
    I got the email. I will track in the am and keep everyone posted.
    Who is starting the pool for bets...will this cure the leaks or not?

Oh and Hamster, I just plugged in my phone and used BB Boss ver 2.2...yes I typed it wrong before!
    And I deleted a couple of things off my phone. I am gonna like this very much. I will start with a full install of OS6 (there's a first time for everything) and then shrink it off the phone...

Easy Peasey.
    Thanks Jimi and Middbrew and RR.
    That's the right way to go in this situation; however, I would let it run for a day or so and be sure that it is not leaking. Then remove the garbage and if it leaks you know that something you took off is causing the leak. I don't think this will happen but being an old bean counter (pre code layer days) I tend to be a belt AND suspenders kind of guy.
    03-08-11 08:12 PM
    This is very correct Bob, you can remove apps from your BB with apploader. However, if you are wanting to remove the startup video or languages, or default backgrounds BB Boss is a useful tool.
    Yeah, really sounds like that. I have used Boss but didn't see the direct on device option. I'm going to have to give that a shot and check it out. Thanks for sharing the info on it.
    03-08-11 08:15 PM
    Well I got my new seidio 2600 battery today that I ordered Friday, I'm charging while typing. The temperature sensor works on this one, my old one always said 77 degrees. This one is at 105 while charging, I dunno if that's high or not, the stock batter ywas at 96 while charging.

03-08-11 08:26 PM
    Hey!! I tracked my package. Will have my phone by 3pm tomorrow!!!!
    So I can load it up tomorrow night!!!!
    Yay!

Wonder what OS it will have. I'm hoping for 431 and then I can run it and see what happens. I will install BBMeter and no other apps and see what goes down.

Someone gonna be here, I mean HERE on Essex Ramblings tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm eastern???

I will need your help!
    03-08-11 08:34 PM
    Yay!

Wonder what OS it will have. I'm hoping for 431 and then I can run it and see what happens. I will install BBMeter and no other apps and see what goes down.

Someone gonna be here, I mean HERE on Essex Ramblings tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm eastern???

I will need your help!
    That's great! I sure try to be around at that time jaydee.
    03-08-11 09:01 PM
    Jaydee, no promises that I'll be around and honestly depending on what you need help with I may not be able to help, but I will try to

Glad to hear your bb will be there 2moro!

03-08-11 09:03 PM
    Yay!

I will need your help!
    The great thing about looking for work is that I can set my own schedule.

I'll be here too.
    03-08-11 09:26 PM
    Yay!
    Very cool JayDee, I'm sharing in your excitement. I hope this is everything your hoping for. No leaks!!!
    You going to get any work done tomorrow before 3?
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-08-11 at 10:01 PM.
    03-08-11 09:56 PM
    I have used Boss but didn't see the direct on device option.
    Same here, I have not seen this option either. I just rechecked it and still don't find it.
    03-08-11 09:59 PM
    Check out the lower right corner of the image.

cbreze and hamsterwheel like this.
    03-08-11 10:22 PM
    Thats pretty hard to miss. the version I'm using doesn't have it so must not be the latest. funny tho the change log I saw for 2.2 didn't indicate this as a change/upgrade. I would have thought something this useful would have been listed. Kind of the reason I sort of glossed over the 2.2v, didn't see any thing diff i could use. I was looking at it from a different link tho not ffejrobins link where he clearly states this. Thats my bad, thanks. Nice feature.
    03-08-11 10:55 PM
    Yay!

I will need your help!
    Lol! Don't know how much help I can be, but I'll be here...if anything for moral support!!
    03-09-11 06:51 AM
    Check out the lower right corner of the image.

See now...this is what someone like me who needs visuals, needs!!! Thanks for the screen shot!
    03-09-11 06:53 AM
    That's great! I sure try to be around at that time jaydee.
    Jaydee, no promises that I'll be around and honestly depending on what you need help with I may not be able to help, but I will try to

Glad to hear your bb will be there 2moro!

The great thing about looking for work is that I can set my own schedule.

I'll be here too.
    Lol! Don't know how much help I can be, but I'll be here...if anything for moral support!!
    Thanks everyone!!!
    I will get NO work done today!!! HAHA...Except for an awful parent meeting this afternoon that can't be avoided...

After that it's on to my new phone! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!
    That damn Mobihand, I have to switch my pin again before I can use my apps. But I won't be adding apps till tomorrow anyway.

So I'm still worried about my BBM. Backed it up remotely and on my card. Is there anything I should restore from my .ipd file for BBM?
    03-09-11 07:26 AM
    Well I got my new seidio 2600 battery today that I ordered Friday, I'm charging while typing. The temperature sensor works on this one, my old one always said 77 degrees. This one is at 105 while charging, I dunno if that's high or not, the stock batter ywas at 96 while charging.

Sky,105 does sound a little high for a temp, when my bb charges its around 96 degrees also. The only time it'll climb to 105 is IF i'm using my bb while charging, which I guess the heat of my hands is contributing to that temp. I'd def keep an eye on it. Hope this may help you.
    Very cool JayDee, I'm sharing in your excitement. I hope this is everything your hoping for. No leaks!!!
    You going to get any work done tomorrow before 3?
    If it were me in Jaydees shoes right now, I'd be a total headcase all day and wouldn't get anything done! LOL
    See now...this is what someone like me who needs visuals, needs!!! Thanks for the screen shot!
    I'm the same way Hamster, I prefer visuals with alot of things too!

Oh and Hamster, guess what? My QL rebooted to schedule this morn! YaY!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-09-11 at 08:07 AM.
    03-09-11 07:30 AM
    OK: for all my moral support for tonight, a question.
    How do I save and reload all my themes again?
    Make a third party backup using BB BOSS? BBSAK? If I use BBSAK i will do each theme and app separately as BBSAK usually lumps them together.

My themes are REALLY important.
    Advice as I prepare for tonight?
    03-09-11 09:28 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!
    I will get NO work done today!!! HAHA...Except for an awful parent meeting this afternoon that can't be avoided...

That damn Mobihand, I have to switch my pin again before I can use my apps. But I won't be adding apps till tomorrow anyway.

So I'm still worried about my BBM. Backed it up remotely and on my card. Is there anything I should restore from my .ipd file for BBM?
    Yes. BlackBerry Messenger. Probably going to be one record.

OK: for all my moral support for tonight, a question.
    How do I save and reload all my themes again?
    Make a third party backup using BB BOSS? BBSAK? If I use BBSAK i will do each theme and app separately as BBSAK usually lumps them together.

My themes are REALLY important.
    Advice as I prepare for tonight?
    Individual theme backups with BBSAK will work. I have also downloaded the OTAs to my PC using the OTA Downloader in the BBHYBRIDS Tool. More redundancy, I know. But then I can install them fresh from BBSAK, DM, etc.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-09-11 10:01 AM
    Thanks everyone!!!

Jaydee, if you have a remote back up AND you've backed up thru your sd card, you shoudl be OK for when you need to restore your contacts to bbm. when you get the new bb up and running, you'll go into the bbm menu>options and as you scroll down you'll see that you can choose back up sd card and that will take you to the menu that way or the remote restore. Now, personally, I've used the "remote restore" in the past and worked great. I've never attempted the sd card back up. but thats just me.

I'm sure if theres something I missed here, I hope someone else will chime in and correct me
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-09-11 10:01 AM
    OK thanks Underway and Pink!
    I am really nervous about losing my BBM contacts, can you tell???
    I have it backed up on my card and remotely. I will do a selective restore so I will choose the BBM choice as well, Underway. That might do it right there for me and I won't have to worry.

BBM and my themes. All I need. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    03-09-11 10:06 AM
    I have it backed up on my card and remotely. I will do a selective restore so I will choose the BBM choice as well, Underway. That might do it right there for me and I won't have to worry.

I did a security wipe of just data on my 2 Bolds yesterday. I have suddenly had awful battery life on both, one running straight 431 and mine with Shane's 466(480-481) hybrid. I restored BBM contacts with DM and all was well.
    03-09-11 10:17 AM

Although I think the three methods you are going to use will do the job just fine, you might also use BlackBerry Protect. You can backup and retrieve your data with it. I haven't tried to retrieve anything with it yet, but it's just another backup plan for you.
    03-09-11 10:30 AM

yw and yes I can tell your nervous, but like I've said in a previous post that I'd be worrying like a nervous nelly too! Lol. But we're here for support and we'll help you with whatever we can

03-09-11 10:32 AM
    Jaydee, I'm with you on the nervous thing there...and would not want to mess up my themes nor BBM..
    I'm sure all will go fine!

I'm going to do the Boss thing now...wish me luck!
    03-09-11 10:40 AM
23,186 ... 485486487488489 ...