Midd....will this be listed and easy to see?

Also, when I download the file, will it go straight to apploader? When I downloaded .431 I believe it went straight there, though I never used it because I went through DM. Will I have to delete this version first?

Sorry for the q's. never done this before. Am I making any sense at all?
    Yes th vender.xml file will be easily identifiable. Go to you C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/Shared/Loader files/9650AllLang_v6.0.0.443_P4.4.0.348. In there the vender.xml file will be listed, just delete it. Then you run the app loader.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-20-11 10:19 AM
    Hamster, no it won't go straight to the app loader. Go to you C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/apploader. Than click on the file named Loader.
    02-20-11 10:22 AM
    I'll dwl it now too, and do it later as well then - when I have some peace and quiet. Right now there is that annoying cartoon channel going on and I can't think straight.....Dr prince........meds please!!!
    If you can't get the meds you need, a shot of tequila is suggested.
    02-20-11 10:24 AM
    TY Jim, but this one keeps giving me a dwld error.

Midd, this one is dlwding in process! TY
    Glad it's working for you.
    02-20-11 10:25 AM
    good morning. here i am once again on the precipice of another os upgrade for no other reason but to see what happens. If i don't decide to wait for a bit longer, il be doing the 443(450-466) hybrid.
    I think dr. Prince needs to increase my medication..
    jump! Jump!
    02-20-11 10:41 AM
    If you can't get the meds you need, a shot of tequila is suggested.
    lmao! Yes, I like that suggestion
    02-20-11 10:42 AM
    Yes I loaded it up last night. I've got an issue with BerryPopup not working. I think I'll wipe and re-install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you have not yet wiped and reloaded, I understand that reloading the OS won't fix it. Apparently it's a bug. Shane has a patch for that.
    02-20-11 10:46 AM
    If you have not yet wiped and reloaded, I understand that reloading the OS won't fix it. Apparently it's a bug. Shane has a patch for that.
    Do you know where I can get the patch?

02-20-11 10:54 AM
    Do you know where I can get the patch?

I got this from Shane's 466 hybrid post (http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/6-...ds-bbs-583810/) It apparently works with all the newer OS versions.

"FIX FOR BROKEN BERRYPOPOP BUG THAT IS FROM .466 (not a bug caused by the hybrid, if you're running stock .466 or the hybrid you want to install this cod with BBSAK.
    Download link: Download net_rim_bbapi_mailv2.cod"
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-20-11 at 11:37 AM.
    pr1nce likes this.
    02-20-11 11:01 AM
    Yes th vender.xml file will be easily identifiable. Go to you C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/Shared/Loader files/9650AllLang_v6.0.0.443_P4.4.0.348. In there the vender.xml file will be listed, just delete it. Then you run the app loader.
    Hmm....I must be missing something - I don't see a vendor.xml file?
    Just a bunch of ALX files. The only xml is PkgBDCache?

Have I already done something wrong
    02-20-11 11:22 AM

Isn't VENDOR.XML located in c:/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/AppLoader ?

Also, if you've run one of the shrink tools, VENDOR.XML is deleted by both of them.
    02-20-11 12:00 PM
    So a few jumping to either 443 or a hybrid of today?
    I'm not having much luck with it myself. There is a known problem of not being able to paste in your keycodes. That's not much of an issue, except for Zonasnap. I refuse to type in a keycode that long.
    What is a killer, and will cause me to dump this OS if I can't fix it, is I can't click on any link on either SocialScope or Twitter for BlackBerry. I've tried reinstalling the apps but no help so far.
    02-20-11 12:02 PM

Hampster,

If there is a Vendor.xml file it would be in : C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/Shared/Loader

If you installed the OS onto your PC and also installed Shanes Hybrid, it may have removed it it's self.
    02-20-11 12:02 PM
    So a few jumping to either 443 or a hybrid of today?
    I'm not having much luck with it myself. There is a known problem of not being able to paste in your keycodes. That's not much of an issue, except for Zonasnap. I refuse to type in a keycode that long.
    What is a killer, and will cause me to dump this OS if I can't fix it, is I can't click on any link on either SocialScope or Twitter for BlackBerry. I've tried reinstalling the apps but no help so far.
    I'm using Shane's 443 hybrid without the 6.1 files, and I've not had any trouble yet hitting SS links.
    02-20-11 12:06 PM
    I'm using Shane's 443 hybrid without the 6.1 files, and I've not had any trouble yet hitting SS links.
    I figured I had an unusual problem because I hadn't seen any other posts about it.
    I'm running the same hybrid as you, so more troubleshooting before I dump a good OS then.
    02-20-11 12:10 PM
    Isn't VENDOR.XML located in c:/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/AppLoader ?

Also, if you've run one of the shrink tools, VENDOR.XML is deleted by both of them.
    Well Midd told me it would be in c:/program files/common files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files...

And to delete there and then go to apploader?

Hampster,

If there is a Vendor.xml file it would be in : C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/Shared/Loader

If you installed the OS onto your PC and also installed Shanes Hybrid, it may have removed it it's self.
    Yes, Jimi that is where I am looking as midd suggested, but it's not there...I don't know if I have installed Shane's Hybrid....Just from the link Midd posted a few posts above..

And I haven't shrunk anything...

This is what I have loaded: 9650AllLang_v6.0.0.443_P4.4.0.348...... What version is this?
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 02-20-11 at 12:17 PM.
    02-20-11 12:12 PM
    Jim, mine is at 90.1%...Your numbers seem to be quite normal. It will fluctuate throughout the day, but once you click the memex icon, it frees memory and brings it back up.
    What I find strange is that this number is very different from what BBMeter shows...so I don't really know which is the correct guage.
    Yeah, I forgot that feature re the pressing of the icon. So it looks like I'm in a good ballpark range then. I take all these readings with a grain of salt or two anyway, as I'm thinking they're not necessarily always "dead nuts" on.
    02-20-11 12:16 PM
    There is a known problem of not being able to paste in your keycodes. That's not much of an issue, except for Zonasnap. I refuse to type in a keycode that long.
    I had a strange experience last night with 443 and the copy and paste. Like many, I keep my keycodes in a text file. Last night, I was reinstalling BBuzz, BWeather and such, and while I was able to copy my codes from the text file, there was no PASTE function as many have reported. Fair enough. HOWEVER, the code suddenly appeared in the registration code spot. I had no way to paste, but the code appeared regardless. It happened with BB and BW. Of course, the phone was wiped as part of the loading process, so there was no residual codes stored in memory. Since BB and BW don't keep the keycode in their backup files, I cannot figure how the reg codes got to where they needed to go without some kind of auto paste from the clipboard. Thoughts?
    02-20-11 12:22 PM
    Are we sure that the leak has a vendor file included? I always shrink mine so I don't ever go looking for it.
    02-20-11 12:22 PM
    Yeah, I forgot that feature re the pressing of the icon. So it looks like I'm in a good ballpark range then. I take all these readings with a grain of salt or two anyway, as I'm thinking they're not necessarily always "dead nuts" on.
    You're right about them not being dead on - BBMeter shows me at 250ish, Memoryex at 312, and device files free at 262...

Go figure. It's probably and average of all 3, you think?
    02-20-11 12:23 PM
    I'm not so sure that the tool or specific numbers mean as much as observing a trend. If you're leaking memory, it'll be leaking no matter what tool you have. I expect that the trick is to use the same tool or the trends don't mean much. Kind of like using your own tire pressure gauge instead of the one at the gas station.
    02-20-11 12:25 PM
    I had a strange experience last night with 443 and the copy and paste. Like many, I keep my keycodes in a text file. Last night, I was reinstalling BBuzz, BWeather and such, and while I was able to copy my codes from the text file, there was no PASTE function as many have reported. Fair enough. HOWEVER, the code suddenly appeared in the registration code spot. I had no way to paste, but the code appeared regardless. It happened with BB and BW. Of course, the phone was wiped as part of the loading process, so there was no residual codes stored in memory. Since BB and BW don't keep the keycode in their backup files, I cannot figure how the reg codes got to where they needed to go without some kind of auto paste from the clipboard. Thoughts?
    Ok that is odd. Useful though!
    02-20-11 12:26 PM
    Yes, thats where it is Hamster, it'll be the last thing listed, in fact vendor will be in all caps VENDOR

TY Underway!
    02-20-11 12:36 PM
    Hamster, no it won't go straight to the app loader. Go to you C drive/program files/common files/Reserch in Motion/apploader. Then click on the file named Loader.
    Thanks Midd, this is why the last time I was just effin around playing with loading this way, I couldn't find how to do it and i got confused! I thought after you clicked on "apploader" it took you straight to install....Now I know what step I missed! LOL
    02-20-11 12:39 PM
    Yes, thats where it is Hamster, it'll be the last thing listed, in fact vendor will be in all caps VENDOR

TY Underway!
    Oh, ok then. Let me go look for it. Anything else I need to delete?
    02-20-11 12:42 PM
23,186 ... 452453454455456 ...