07-07-16 08:56 PM
23,186 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Your a champ tenyrnote! Can't wait for it to come out, I'm ready!
    01-21-10 02:44 PM
    This sure does sound GREAT!!!

I have some info that I got today, and some of it is encouraging to me. I have a buddy who manages Best Buy in the midwest and he showed me thier inventory system for all cell phones in thier system. It descends in alphebetical order as to how much inventory they have for each device to better prepare them as to when to get ready to make room for new devices and for pricing structure. Obviously I am only concerened with the Tour. It goes in alphebetical order but doesn't neccisarily move in exact increments, for instance if a phone was listed as "c" status it would be hard to believe that it was ready to be cleared out for a new device anytime soon, but could quickly jump down to "w" status, which is what he told me is "the next to last step before clearance" anything marked as "x,y or z" is being pushed as clearence and won't be restocked, as to make room for a new device. About 10 days ago the Tour 9630 was "c" status, today it is "w" status. He added , rarely does he see a device sit at this status for very long. The consumer can see this on the bottem of Best Buy's description and price ticket next to or below the device. All of that got me juiced up so I went to VZW store and my friend said that of course he had not heard anything new but he checked thier system and he said to me that nationwide Verizon has over 96k units left in inventory? seems like alot? He also said that he has never seen a device listed in thier Cellbrite system sit in there for a month without being released and that it is very possible (since the marketing fiasco with the original storm) that they could easily find out about the release at the last minute, and VZW would just drop-ship overnight. Lastly he said to keep a look out for the release of the 5.0 OS, cause "when that is out, the phone should fallow in the next couple of days."
    That is all I have been told today, and I hope that it sounds encouraging? It does to me, but I could be wishing it to happen cause I only have till the 5th of feb for upgrade.
    01-21-10 04:28 PM
    Isn't 5.0 OS for the Blackberry's already out???
    01-21-10 05:44 PM
    I still think it'll be out the week of the Super Bowl. Which is only a little over 2 wks from now. What are the chances a T2 ad airs during the big game? Slim, I know, but hope it happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 06:47 PM
    I think tbm2394 might be thinking of the Tour official 5.0.0.419 release by MTS, which doesn't operate in the states. Although many of us are running leaked 5.0 OS' here in the states, the actual "Official OS" is 4.7.1.61. And I believe the VZW rep was trying to convey to me was that when VZW releases 5.0 for the 9630 then the 9650 should be released a couple of days after that.
    Last edited by tenyrnote; 01-21-10 at 08:46 PM.
    01-21-10 08:41 PM
    Hey teny, do you think you could get an update of best buy's system in regards to the Sprint Tour as well? It would be much appreciated...
    01-21-10 08:58 PM
    I wish that I could help you, but unfortunately my connections are only at Best Buy and VZW. Sprint's coverage in my area is a bit spotty when I am traveling to and from work to home, so I have not had any dialogue with them recently, I could speculate but I like to keep the info I spread to what I know and what I have been informed about. Good luck and I hope for your sake that they are simultanious.
    01-22-10 12:13 PM
    What are we waiting for on Tour 2 device. I am not getting what we are waiting on. I know that we are waiting on RIM but I don't get the 5.0 OS for the devices. Are we waiting on RIM to release it to the TOUR 2 or what?
    01-22-10 05:27 PM
    Any news when the Tour 2/Essex is going to be released. I am needing to upgrade my phone. I am thinking about just getting the Tour if no one is sure when it is going to be. It might be like NEXT YEAR after reading everyones post. No one as any clue. I don't get why RIM doesn't have release dates on there devices for like Sprint and all of the carriers that is going to carry this model.
    01-22-10 05:31 PM
    Any news when the Tour 2/Essex is going to be released. I am needing to upgrade my phone. I am thinking about just getting the Tour if no one is sure when it is going to be. It might be like NEXT YEAR after reading everyones post. No one as any clue. I don't get why RIM doesn't have release dates on there devices for like Sprint and all of the carriers that is going to carry this model.
    The release date is suppose to be Feb. 3 or a little after. Who knows I just hope its soon. I also need to upgrade my phone like yesterday
    01-22-10 05:38 PM
    I wish i would have waited on the tour 2. My 30 days are up on the 27th so i am sol i guess. O well i love the tour, just hate that the upgraded version will be out a little over a month after i bought the original.
    01-22-10 05:55 PM
    I wish i would have waited on the tour 2. My 30 days are up on the 27th so i am sol i guess. O well i love the tour, just hate that the upgraded version will be out a little over a month after i bought the original.
    Take it back and use an old phone for a couple weeks!
    01-22-10 06:12 PM
    Take it back and use an old phone for a couple weeks!
    I wished i could but we just left verizon for sprint and i dont have any other sprint phones.
    01-22-10 06:20 PM
    Well, I wish we had concrete dates and hope that VZW does for the Tour owners what they did for the Storm owners since it's like 9 months after they released the original Tour.

This would help me greatly since my Tour1 just ended up face down in a parking lot in the rain so now I"m swapping back to my 8330 and hope the Tour2 comes quick cause I don't want to go to the insurance company for a new one and want the phone already!
    01-22-10 06:34 PM
    I wished i could but we just left verizon for sprint and i dont have any other sprint phones.
    We just did the same. I'm hoping it comes out with the 30 days. Which would be February 20th for me. So we'll see what happens. I talked the guy into waiving the restocking fee if it came out within the 30 days and he said he would
    01-22-10 06:42 PM
    I went to verizon today because i stole my sisters old 8330 to start learning the ropes since i'm new to blackberries. While i was there i asked the rep about the release and he pretended to act dumb. I mentioned that many people have been speculating Feb 3rd and he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a wink. I hope thats a good sign!!!!!!
    01-22-10 07:05 PM
    I went to verizon today because i stole my sisters old 8330 to start learning the ropes since i'm new to blackberries. While i was there i asked the rep about the release and he pretended to act dumb. I mentioned that many people have been speculating Feb 3rd and he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a wink. I hope thats a good sign!!!!!!
    I doubt he was PRETENDING to act dumb lol
    01-22-10 08:22 PM
    I'm not saying there COULDN'T be a delay, but

a) it won't be long
    b) i'm not aware of one currently

Late Q2 is ridiculous..
    Travis,

I know you've said 1st week of Feburary... But I went into two local Verizon stores - one corporate one, and one in the mall -, but anyway... The girl at the corporate store, had "no clue" there was a Tour 2 (go figure), and the manager at the mall told me Q2 of this year . I'm not doubting you at all, but she did seem pretty sure of herself...

Thanks in advance for any more info you can give!!
    01-23-10 03:19 AM
    lesson 1 Reps know **** about new phones until it actually pops up in their systems. They dont care, just want to sell what they have now, except a few who happen to own a phone coming close to what type your asking about. They might know something newer is coming out
    01-23-10 04:24 AM
    Travis,

I know you've said 1st week of Feburary... But I went into two local Verizon stores - one corporate one, and one in the mall -, but anyway... The girl at the corporate store, had "no clue" there was a Tour 2 (go figure), and the manager at the mall told me Q2 of this year . I'm not doubting you at all, but she did seem pretty sure of herself...

Thanks in advance for any more info you can give!!
    I may be mistaken, but I believe February is Q2 of this year, no? Doesn't it go from like Oct-Dec, Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, July-Sep?

Either way, I'm still going to get it an hopefully it's not as bunked up as the Tour1. My girl has the 8350 and it's nice, but I want the global phone and also because my OtterBoxes for the Tour1 should still fit the Tour2.
    01-23-10 08:35 AM
    4 quarters in a year. Jan, Feb, March = Q1. next 3 months = Q2, etc..
    01-23-10 09:24 AM
    Man been waiting on this one for a while, too long it seems. wondering if it going to live up to the hype for me, I'm even considering jumping to a Palm Pixi. Am I crazy?
    01-23-10 09:33 AM
    Businesses do not use that system. They go by Fiscal Year which is
    1st Quarter: October 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
    2nd Quarter: January 1, 2010 - March 31, 2010
    3rd Quarter: April 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010
    4th Quarter: July 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010
    01-23-10 09:38 AM
    Man been waiting on this one for a while, too long it seems. wondering if it going to live up to the hype for me, I'm even considering jumping to a Palm Pixi. Am I crazy?
    You're crazy for wanting any phone called a Pixi.
    01-23-10 09:38 AM
    Businesses do not use that system. They go by Fiscal Year which is
    1st Quarter: October 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
    2nd Quarter: January 1, 2010 - March 31, 2010
    3rd Quarter: April 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010
    4th Quarter: July 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010
    You know not of what you speak, sorry.

Your example is correct only if the business' fiscal year runs from Oct 1 to Sept 30. A business can have a fiscal year anyway it wants. July to June, Jan to Dec, etc. Most businesses do use the calendar year as their fiscal year.
    01-23-10 09:43 AM
23,186 ... 3940414243 ...