Your theme looks good, Jim. For a first attempt you have done well. I looked at TB5 a year or so ago and dropped like a hot potato, I found it very confusing to say the least and I'm a professional programer!

I know a lot more about the BBs now and may take a look at TB6 and see if I can wade through it.

Keep it up, you'll be a pro before you know and then you can teach me!
    01-29-11 07:59 PM
    Hi Ramblers!
    Here is Al3azim's next conversion: Deuce for 6

So what do you think?
    01-29-11 08:02 PM
    Hi Ramblers!

So what do you think?
    Love it, can't wait to get my hands on these guys. I just posted a note to AL3 asking when he would release NewBerry for BB6, I think that is what he posted on the post a pic of screen thread. Look very nice and clean.
    01-29-11 08:08 PM
    Hi Ramblers!

So what do you think?
    look great! i like the way the wp looks with that theme as well.
    01-29-11 08:59 PM
    Love it, can't wait to get my hands on these guys. I just posted a note to AL3 asking when he would release NewBerry for BB6, I think that is what he posted on the post a pic of screen thread. Look very nice and clean.
    I saw that theme too, Bob. "Xpress" Al3 said for OS5 soon and for OS6. I want to get my hands on that one also!
    01-29-11 09:02 PM
    Hi Ramblers!

So what do you think?
    Wow! I didn't realize how much I missed themes until OS6 themes started popping out. These are awesome. Like many others, I'm playing with TB6, but I'm not getting results like these.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 09:20 PM
    Wow! I didn't realize how much I missed themes until OS6 themes started popping out. These are awesome. Like many others, I'm playing with TB6, but I'm not getting results like these.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hopefully I will be releasing one or 2 themes for OS6 really soon. Will post them in the theme forum. Keep up the efforts with TB6 and you will making themes like this in no time
    underway99 likes this.
    01-29-11 09:29 PM
    Yeah, it's definitly an acquired skill. These guys don't just roll out of bed doing these. Looks good JayDee. I'm a long way from getting anything that pro looking. I'm going to keep playing with it tho.
    01-29-11 09:35 PM
    Hopefully I will be releasing one or 2 themes for OS6 really soon. Will post them in the theme forum. Keep up the efforts with TB6 and you will making themes like this in no time
    Thanks for your hard work.

I still vote for Stormy-x. Welcome this this oddball piece of Paradise.
    01-29-11 11:54 PM
    Thanks for your hard work.

I still vote for Stormy-x. Welcome this this oddball piece of Paradise.
    I also vote for Stormy-x but F2, does it have full size icons or smaller ones, the mini-icons? Because only the full-size seem to be converting properly right now because of limitations in TB6. At least, I think that is how Al3azim explained it to me.

BTW for all the Ramblers, when we were discussing his themes a while back, when Pink wanted some advice, and we all had ideas on which of his themes she should try...I sent him a PM to let him know we were talking favorably about him and his themes. He appreciated the comments.

I know that Deuce6 is ready to go; I hope he releases Newberry6 as well, even though the smaller icons get clipped... a small cosmetic set-back for an otherwise very functional theme.

I made a couple of themes for myself on my curve8330 and my bold once for OS5. Maybe I will open up the program and see what the hoopla is about. Jim might have to give me some pointers, though!
    01-30-11 10:56 AM
    Deuce6? I had not come across that one, I think. I will need to look into that. Did he say when he might start to release some of his themes? I saw a new one he was working on for OS5 that looked real nice as well.
    01-30-11 11:22 AM
    Deuce6? I had not come across that one, I think. I will need to look into that. Did he say when he might start to release some of his themes? I saw a new one he was working on for OS5 that looked real nice as well.
    Jimi, Post 9846 or any of the ones above where people quoted my screen shot. That is Deuce. You click on the words Apps1 and Apps 2 and a row of full-size icons pop up.
    01-30-11 11:25 AM
    I also vote for Stormy-x but F2, does it have full size icons or smaller ones, the mini-icons? Because only the full-size seem to be converting properly right now because of limitations in TB6. At least, I think that is how Al3azim explained it to me.

BTW for all the Ramblers, when we were discussing his themes a while back, when Pink wanted some advice, and we all had ideas on which of his themes she should try...I sent him a PM to let him know we were talking favorably about him and his themes. He appreciated the comments.

I know that Deuce6 is ready to go; I hope he releases Newberry6 as well, even though the smaller icons get clipped... a small cosmetic set-back for an otherwise very functional theme.

I made a couple of themes for myself on my curve8330 and my bold once for OS5. Maybe I will open up the program and see what the hoopla is about. Jim might have to give me some pointers, though!
    Stormy-x uses 8 icons along the bottom. Two along the upper, one upper left corner and another upper right corner (meterberry and beweather respectively, in my case). Then left to right - profile/speaker, time, 3g. battery level. Above speaker-time is the Date (hidden today). Time opens clock, 3g opens ManageConnections, and Battery opens options.

I guess I am one of those who is willing to have the bottom wallpaper overlayed by icons rather than having to make those 8 icons appear from a hidden dock. So, I guess 8 icons are probably the "smallish" kind that may be causing problems?

I tried one version of theme builder or whatever - I was completely lost and I'm a former programmer!
    01-30-11 11:43 AM
    I recommend downloading the TB and getting acquainted with it in preparation for a more stable(better,polished) release to come. It's fun and not that difficult. I'm finding 2 diff formats(bb6+custom)and just wish the options were more interchangeable. I have found a new appreciation for the theme builders out there. Simple themes are one thing , but to get more elaborate does take practice. It's good I like simple The biggest thing I disliked about the stock os-6 theme is the top banner and the way it lays over the wallpaper. Still trying to get that to go completely away, but with tweaking it's mostly invisible.
    Don't think I'll quit my day job. Oh, wait I don't have a job at all. Sweet
    01-30-11 11:49 AM
    Jimi, Post 9846 or any of the ones above where people quoted my screen shot. That is Deuce. You click on the words Apps1 and Apps 2 and a row of full-size icons pop up.
    JayDee,
    Thanks. Yes I had seen that one I just did not recall it's name.
    01-30-11 11:51 AM
    Yeah, rub it in Jimbo!!!
    Not funny for us poor working slobs!
    01-30-11 12:12 PM
    Well, I just downloaded and tried Newberry (os 5) and I miss having TWO icons at the top - Beweather and Meterberry (I like it since it quickly shows my average discharge rate (sheesh, it was a mere 0.8 yesterday)).

I guess, also having to get to the hidden dock, increases the trackpad need - first, get to that corner, then select and then scroll up to the dock and then scroll to item and select it.

Back to Stormy-x. Yup, my age has been hinted at and I'm a stick-in-the-mud.
    01-30-11 12:12 PM
    I'll drink to that! Well, it might be a bit early. Jaydee, drink to that on my behalf.
    01-30-11 12:14 PM
    Ty! I'm sure he did appreciate it! It takes alot of work and time to get things just right i'm sure! I've been very happy with "NewBerry" since dlwd'ing it a few days ago. I haven't dwld the other 2, Random & Darl Tril yet as i'm enjoying this one for now! Annnnnnnnd I'm looking forward to that one "Xpress" hes testing right now to release! I will be on that one like white on rice!
    G'aft-noon all. hope everyone is well today.

Edit: wow! i just saw my post count and realized i made it to CB Master
    01-30-11 12:21 PM
    Pink,
    Congrats on Master level!

01-30-11 12:47 PM
    I'll drink to that! Well, it might be a bit early. Jaydee, drink to that on my behalf.
    I just has one for you, F2!
    I have been running two different made for OS6 themes since Friday and I find them very satisfying. I like being able to change the wallpaper and have a stylish looking home screen. The themes are also very functional. What they don't have is Universal Search and for a few minutes, I thought that would be a problem for me. but guess what? I find I don't USE universal search...

I haven't tried to use it once since Friday night so I guess I have found alternative ways around the home screen and options. So its full steam ahead to themes.

Oh, going to call VZW today and see if I can get someone back on my case about the leak...

To be fair, I also installed three themes (not Al3azim's) to my Bold to try them out. So that may account for a bit of the loss. (use). Gonna reboot now and see what happens by tomorrow am.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 01-30-11 at 01:10 PM.
    01-30-11 01:05 PM
    Well done, P!nk!

Come on, folks. Just 134 posts to make 10,000 for this thread. Maybe today?
    01-30-11 01:10 PM
    Stormy-x uses 8 icons along the bottom. Two along the upper, one upper left corner and another upper right corner (meterberry and beweather respectively, in my case). Then left to right - profile/speaker, time, 3g. battery level. Above speaker-time is the Date (hidden today). Time opens clock, 3g opens ManageConnections, and Battery opens options.

I guess I am one of those who is willing to have the bottom wallpaper overlayed by icons rather than having to make those 8 icons appear from a hidden dock. So, I guess 8 icons are probably the "smallish" kind that may be causing problems?

I tried one version of theme builder or whatever - I was completely lost and I'm a former programmer!
    +1 on the lost when I looked at it.
    +2 on the former programer, career for most of 30 years.

When I get some time I think I'll look again, time will tell.
    01-30-11 01:17 PM
    Yeah, rub it in Jimbo!!!
    Not funny for us poor working slobs!
    Be careful how you refer to us unemployable geezers!
    01-30-11 01:19 PM
    Ty! I'm sure he did appreciate it! It takes alot of work and time to get things just right i'm sure! I've been very happy with "NewBerry" since dlwd'ing it a few days ago. I haven't dwld the other 2, Random & Darl Tril yet as i'm enjoying this one for now! Annnnnnnnd I'm looking forward to that one "Xpress" hes testing right now to release! I will be on that one like white on rice!
    G'aft-noon all. hope everyone is well today.

Edit: wow! i just saw my post count and realized i made it to CB Master
    Congratulations, way to go!
    01-30-11 01:22 PM
23,186 ... 387388389390391 ...