Only went app-less with several reincarnations of 333. Never 415 official.
    I suppose I could reload 415 and see....
    Oh goodie! Another OS install????
    Seems to me the logical solution to see if it narrows down your search for the leak. I just re-installed 6 so it's all fun. Bored maybe. Gonna drive up and see some snow tomorrow. We desert dwellers have to do that at least once a year so we can wear our new coats.
    12-30-10 12:25 PM
    Jim, if you have a need to see snow, go visit pcgizmo! He's got plenty.
    We are down to the bare grass here with the sunshine today. Weird. We usually receive about 4-5 feet a winter. I guess there is something to that global warming ....

I found a new app yesterday and I am loving my Bold even more. TuneIn Radio. WooHoo! I can listen to jazz all day while my Bold is on the charger. Better yet, I have a small speaker that plugs into my phone that gives it a big sound and wow. I am a happy camper. Wait till I get back to work with my speaker setup. The library will never be the same!!!!

Hey...look at my post count...not that I'm counting but LOOK!!!!!
    12-30-10 04:53 PM
    Awesome post count JayDee! Goes to show how helpful you've been, always jumping in with good advice.
    We have hit a cold snap for a few days, usually happens in January around these parts. My drive to see snow only takes an hour. Prescott AZ. I used to live there back about 35 years ago. Nice little town then. Bigger now, still nice tho.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to the rambler crew. Please keep it safe and not to much imbibing. Watch those roads.
    Ciao,
    Jim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 05:24 PM
    Congrats, Jaydee on 4000 posts. That's a lot of helpful tips!!
    12-30-10 05:34 PM
    A couple of thoughts, JayDee, I seem to remember that on one of the reincantions (hybrids) on .333 you kept the phone sans apps for several hours and lost somthing like 20+MB at which piont we decided that the issue is the kernnel/radio file.

I'm waiting for vzw's official with bated breath just like very one else. Hoping it is a higher number and that they have improved the browser. I probably need to check some sites other than CB, but when I go to CB it takes forever and ever amen for it to complete the load process. It seems to hang at about 75/80% for a couple of minutes and does that for every page that I visit. I usually get frustrated and close it down. Does this on Wi-Fi just as much as on the radio.

I've started wondering if there is a problem with my device, I've heard some complain about this, but never to the extent that mine takes to render a page. I think I'll be checking around on some other sites and see how they perform,

Any thoughts appreciated.

PS - Congratualtions on 4K posts JayDee, you'll be a G of G before you know it, and well deserved.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 12-30-10 at 05:42 PM. Reason: PS addition
    12-30-10 05:40 PM
    Bob, my only issue with the browser is the scrolling and zooming on some sites. I've never had a problem with the browser hanging up though.

12-30-10 06:25 PM
    4,000 posts......WOW.....amazing!! Congrats Jaydee!!
    12-30-10 06:26 PM
    Bob, my only issue with the browser is the scrolling and zooming on some sites. I've never had a problem with the browser hanging up though.

I don't know if there is a setting that I have fubarred or what, it is simply annoying and causes me to not use the browser very much. I have no idea what setting(s) I could have screwed up; therefore don't have any idea where to look.
    12-30-10 07:08 PM
    I don't know if there is a setting that I have fubarred or what, it is simply annoying and causes me to not use the browser very much. I have no idea what setting(s) I could have screwed up; therefore don't have any idea where to look.
    Bob I am amazed that there is an OS6 problem I don't have...YOURS!
    I have never had the browser freeze up like that. What settings could you have changed? Maybe it's just the ugly OS6 "not ready for primetime" bug...you know, the same one that causes me to have leaks...and other people to have little niggling probs with it.

Wish I could help you. Maybe a reinstall is in the cards for you? I have some gin I could send your way....
    12-30-10 07:53 PM
    Bob I am amazed that there is an OS6 problem I don't have...YOURS!
    I have never had the browser freeze up like that. What settings could you have changed? Maybe it's just the ugly OS6 "not ready for primetime" bug...you know, the same one that causes me to have leaks...and other people to have little niggling probs with it.

Wish I could help you. Maybe a reinstall is in the cards for you? I have some gin I could send your way....
    Well, if I'm going to have a problem I certainly don't want one that everyone else has, no fun that way.

Can't see a wipe/reinstall or simply reinstall doing any good as I have had the problem since the advent of .222, done numerous reinstalls since then.

Went through my phone with a fine tooth comb and could find no settings that looked odd, everything else besides the browser is working great.

Don't see where this could be a hardware issue, unless there would be an antenea problem; however, same thing happens on Wi-Fi. I'm going to visit a few more sites and see how it acts with them, if it plays nice with the other sites then I'll chalk it up to a CB problem. We'll see.

Keep the gin, I'm a coffee and tea kind of guy, but thanks for the offer!
    12-30-10 08:26 PM

Keep the gin, I'm a coffee and tea kind of guy, but thanks for the offer!
    I am a tea SNOB, my collection includes greens and whites of the loose variety and estate grown black teas as well.

No tea bags for me!

If you ever want an exquisite cuppa...come see me!!!!
    12-30-10 08:33 PM
    I am a tea SNOB, my collection includes greens and whites of the loose variety and estate grown black teas as well.

No tea bags for me!

If you ever want an exquisite cuppa...come see me!!!!
    Thanks for the offer. I'm not the purist on the tea side, definitely am on the coffee side (strong (very), black, no sugar and lots of it), as to tea, I drink a lot of Crystal Lights Peach tea at home and green tea in bottles on the golf course. I do; however, like the types teas that you mentioned, don't care so much about the bag, also like it strong with nothing. Usually too lazy to bother although we keep various teas here at the house and I'm known to have some on cold nights if there is no coffee left.

As to the browser, the answer is "CB" is the problem. I visited several other sites and was able to bring them up completely in a matter of seconds (under 10). I am able to bring up the mobile CB site in about 6 seconds. I lied about how log the full site takes, it is a minute and 15 seconds on the one time I put the clock to it which is about a minute toooo long. I could handle 15 seconds with no problem.

What makes the problem even worse is that it takes an equally long time to adjust the font size or open a thread or go to the next page of a thread. And of course when you open a thread you have to adjust the font so there goes another minute and however long to do that.

Also, be aware that I did the test on my home Wi-Fi hookup, no telling how long it is on the radio and usually I'm on the radio when I'm accessing CB with my device.
    cbreze likes this.
    12-30-10 08:55 PM
    As to the browser, the answer is "CB" is the problem. I visited several other sites and was able to bring them up completely in a matter of seconds (under 10). I am able to bring up the mobile CB site in about 6 seconds. I lied about how log the full site takes, it is a minute and 15 seconds on the one time I put the clock to it which is about a minute toooo long. I could handle 15 seconds with no problem.

What makes the problem even worse is that it takes an equally long time to adjust the font size or open a thread or go to the next page of a thread. And of course when you open a thread you have to adjust the font so there goes another minute and however long to do that.

Also, be aware that I did the test on my home Wi-Fi hookup, no telling how long it is on the radio and usually I'm on the radio when I'm accessing CB with my device.
    Bob re the browser I agree that CB has issues like no other forum site. The many other sites(forum) I visit have loads of adds to so I'm thinking it's not that, but , I can also get into the CB forum quite quickly when I don't have the forum's default enabled, however this method means endless scrolling and zooming which makes for such a crappy experience it's not worth it. So I browse using the forums default view so I can at least text wrap. This default view tho is quite laggy and flat out slow. As I said I've not seen this issue on the other forums. And as for M.crackberry.com, I find it to be quite the frustrating joke trying to browse in it with the webkit as well. For me, browsing in CB using the web kit, it's either having a text wrap option or forget it. This is why so many dislike not having a column view option. I tried out 5/1030 for a while and could browse CB in column view loading in seconds. where it sometimes takes over a minute with the web kit just to get to the point where an attempt can be made to text wrap. I say attempt because it frequently does not work and it's back out of it time and try again.
    Other sites I frequent, abc news for one auto wraps everything since it knows I'm in mobile mode.
    12-30-10 09:47 PM
    Congratulations to jaydee on crossing the 4,000 post milestone!
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 07:16 AM
    Happy New Year to all my Essex Rambler friends...
    wishing you a healthy and happy 2011 in my own special way!!!
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 07:39 AM
    I want to wish all my fellow Essex Ramblers a very happy and safe New Year's eve.
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 11:00 AM
    Happy New Year to all my Rambler friends. I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2011!
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 11:12 AM
    JayDee, HEALTHY? I'm already suffering a hate relationship with my scale due to all of those healthy snacks over the last couple of weeks. I don't need to even see any more of those as I think I have reached the point of gaining weight by just looking at them.

In case I don't have another opportunity, I would like to wish all of my Rambler freinds a very Happy and Blessed New Year. I'd wish vzw a Hapy New Year if they would only drop BB6 for our Baby Bolds!
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 02:40 PM
    Happy New Year All

(ps - I had too many smilies - can you imagine on New Years Eve, too many smilies)
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 05:43 PM
    Happy New year to all the Ramblers. Hope 2011 is your best year yet. Thanks for all your help!!!!
    cbreze likes this.
    12-31-10 07:01 PM
    Happy New year to all the Ramblers. Hope 2011 is your best year yet. Thanks for all your help!!!!
    Cscott- don't be a stranger, huh? We miss you! Stop by more often to say hello and commiserate with us!!!!
    Happy New Year to you too!!!!
    12-31-10 07:59 PM
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Ramblers!
    I love the 2011 layout jaydee! All stuff I can't eat anymore! LOL
    See ya next year!
    12-31-10 08:43 PM
    Cscott- don't be a stranger, huh? We miss you! Stop by more often to say hello and commiserate with us!!!!
    Happy New Year to you too!!!!
    Jaydee I here everyday. You guys have much more information than I do, so usually I just read and absorb. I'll say hi though more often. Have a great New Year!!
    12-31-10 09:42 PM
    Jaydee I here everyday. You guys have much more information than I do, so usually I just read and absorb. I'll say hi though more often. Have a great New Year!!
    cscott, Don't be afraid to jump in. All opinions and comments are welcome here. We look forward to hearing from you more often.
    01-01-11 09:56 AM
    cscott, Don't be afraid to jump in. All opinions and comments are welcome here. We look forward to hearing from you more often.
    What he ^ said!
    01-01-11 10:35 AM
23,186 ... 340341342343344 ...