This is getting weirder by the moment, I ran a sync again and it worked but screwed up my contact names once again. Here is the senario:
    • At some point it changed my contact names in the following way, where I had John and Jane Doe (John and Jane was in the first name field in Outlook contacts) it changed it such that first name was John and middle name was "& Jane" and last name was Doe in Outlook. It showed on the device as "& Jane Doe, John" when set to sort by last name.
    • I went into Oulook and changed all of my contacts back to the origninal way. A real PITA.
    • When I just got the sync to work it has now changed the Outlook fields to first namd John and last name & Jane Doe. It is displayed in Outlook as & Jane Doe, John and the same way on the device.
    I'm not sure what to do other than change them again in Outlook, maybe I can do a sync where I force the PC to override the device and see what that does.

I think this has occurred in one of the later hybrids that I loaded and it is being continued in .415. I'll try and tinker with it later today, for now I've got other stuff I need to do.
    12-24-10 12:03 PM
    Cbreze I'm going try your techniques because I really like everything else. The strange thing to me is that most of the pages I have bookmarked display just fine. Crackyberry and 1 or 2 others is the problem. No wordwrap when I zoom or either tiny fonts, but, thanks for the tips.

Keith, it seems you and I use the same installation method. I have never had an issue doing it this way either. Nothing fancy. Just works every time.

The text size issue was the first thing I noticed and disliked when I tried os-6 the very first time. There are certain tricks, but it can take some getting used to also. On forums like CB for instance text wrap works , but you have to enable"default" mode first at the bottom of the CB page.
    On other forums I frequent text wrap is sometimes automatically done and not an issue. I don't think this browser is very browsing friendly for the most part. But then anybody who got a BB for the browsing experience is headed for disappointment right quick. Hang in there with it tho. It took me and most others awhile to get the hang of it. alt/trackpad = zoom btw

Wow, now I'm curious as to which version verizon will come out with. I don't see how it would be much different. A better browsing experience would most likely be appreciated by all, but I think the browser is just the way it's going to be. I will say that I found a little help re the browser. If I use Q/L to go to my favorite sites it loads alot faster. I have a bookmark in Q/L for our "essex" forum and I shave about 30 sec off the loading process by not going thru the usual path. I'm not terribly interested in alot of CB so a shortcut helps from having to load the rest of the adds.

Merry Christmas to all my "Rambler" friends. The forcast high for Christmas here is 72. Ahhhhh. A top down day again!
    Ciao
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 12:40 PM
    cscott, absolutely CB is the most irritating of any site for the webkit and one of the ones I frequent most. "Bolt" can be a CB browsing option, but it has it's own set of issues. I went back and forth so many times between 5+6 because of the browser and lack of column view in 6. I got better at navigating thru it's issues to get where I want and now I'm ok with it. Hang in there. I have very few issues with the rest of the sites I go to. if your having any trouble getting the magnifying glass to appear in CB change the view to "default"(bottom of page). CB is the only site this is any real issue.
    HA,Ha when the text wrap does work the font is the opposite and HUGE!!
    12-24-10 12:50 PM

Getting ready for a family night of food, gifts and...yes! Drinking!
    lol
    Merry Christmas to my Essex Rambler family!
    I may not be on tonight but will catch up with all of you tomorrow sometime.
    Will be thinking of each of you as you are the greatest friends a gal could have!!!!

PS I "discovered" another favorite drink...champagne with Gran Marnier.
    Yummy! I will toast all the Essex Ramblers tonight with one!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 12-24-10 at 01:15 PM.
    12-24-10 01:13 PM
    Well, my browser's been crashing a lot. Mainly when I try to go to the previous page.
    12-24-10 03:15 PM
    To all my friends on the ramblers group, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed, Happy and Healthy New Year!
    12-24-10 08:51 PM
    Merry Christmas to all of my Rambler Family! Have a safe and blessed Christmas.
    12-25-10 08:25 AM
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
    12-25-10 08:31 AM
    Hey everyone, first time poster to this thread.
    12-26-10 01:03 PM
    Hey everyone, first time poster to this thread.
    Welcome to the rambler thread. Come on in and get comfortable. So you running a hybrid? Did you try the straight "Sprint" 415 yet? Or do you need to update your profile info?
    12-26-10 01:12 PM
    Welcome to the rambler thread. Come on in and get comfortable. So you running a hybrid? Did you try the straight "Sprint" 415 yet? Or do you need to update your profile info?
    Thanks! I was running NLG's 407 hybrid for a while, now I'm on the straight 415. I never thought I would leave hybrids, but oops! What about you?
    12-26-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks! I was running NLG's 407 hybrid for a while, now I'm on the straight 415. I never thought I would leave hybrids, but oops! What about you?
    I tried that hybrid and liked it alot then moved over to the sprint "official". Waiting on verizon to give us an official. This sprint works very well tho. I had a couple of complaints but they were minor and cleared up after a bit.
    12-26-10 01:17 PM
    I tried that hybrid and liked it alot then moved over to the sprint "official". Waiting on verizon to give us an official. This sprint works very well tho. I had a couple of complaints but they were minor and cleared up after a bit.
    What's the word on the official from Verizon? I'm trying to forget about it so the time goes quicker.
    12-26-10 01:18 PM
    What's the word on the official from Verizon? I'm trying to forget about it so the time goes quicker.
    You might go back a few pages and catch up a bit. Someone posted some inside info that indicated what sounded like a few days till it dropped. Even the best insider info can be taken with a grain or two of salt, but maybe this week sometime. I don't see it being a whole lot diff that what we have now anyway, but hey, something to load up and try. And it'll be a "verizon" version after all.
    EDIT" wasn't in the thread, was a bbm I received, my bad. Just hang in. it's on the way!
    Last edited by cbreze; 12-26-10 at 01:25 PM.
    12-26-10 01:22 PM
    Jim, we BEST get another OS soon because I have had the same OS on my phone for ...what?....four days? 5 days? Sheesh! That's too long!

Besides, I got a new bottle waiting to be cracked open, too.
    12-26-10 02:13 PM
    Jim, we BEST get another OS soon because I have had the same OS on my phone for ...what?....four days? 5 days? Sheesh! That's too long!

Besides, I got a new bottle waiting to be cracked open, too.
    Hey Jaydee, are you snowed in up there?
    12-26-10 02:17 PM
    Waiting for the snow to start...We will be snowed in before long!
    12-26-10 02:22 PM
    Hope you stocked up on your Gin.
    12-26-10 03:31 PM
    Hope you stocked up on your Gin.
    You know it Ellie!!!
    Let's have one together. Got anymore vodka in the freezer?
    12-26-10 03:47 PM
    You know it Ellie!!!
    I most certainly do!!!!! Had to run out on Friday to get my tonic water. Also have my bottle of Gran Spumante in the frig already for New Year's Eve. Shrimp's in the freezer....cocktail sauce...Norwegian Jarlsberg swiss cheese....Ritz crackers. Getting the red grapes on Thursday night. That should do it for me and the dog. Took Friday off from work......WAHOO!!!!!!! Going to be a nice long weekend!!
    12-26-10 04:14 PM
    I most certainly do!!!!! Had to run out on Friday to get my tonic water. Also have my bottle of Gran Spumante in the frig already for New Year's Eve. Shrimp's in the freezer....cocktail sauce...Norwegian Jarlsberg swiss cheese....Ritz crackers. Getting the red grapes on Thursday night. That should do it for me and the dog. Took Friday off from work......WAHOO!!!!!!! Going to be a nice long weekend!!
    MMMMM sounds great!
    Haven't decided what I am going to make for myself yet. But shrimp cocktail sounds yummy.
    12-26-10 04:51 PM
    It is Winter in upstate NY, what did you expect. And I've read you are well stocked so what more is needed?

But catch me up, I've not visited in a number of days and I see Sprint dropped OS6. Are you still leaking memory like a sieve? Or did you finally narrow down a cause?

They are talking about some snow here Weds night or Thur morning. The last 2 incher almost closed the City. Folks can't drive in the stuff and the hills (think San Francisco) makes it very interesting.
    12-26-10 04:54 PM
    You know it Ellie!!!
    Sheesh, I thought you upstate NewYorkers kept your freezer stuff outside the backdoor this time of year.
    Be nice to see the verizon "official" soon. Give you guys something to do on those cold NorthEast nites.
    Dang! I was freezin' my tushie off this morning , got down to 42. Had to turn on some heat.
    Last edited by cbreze; 12-26-10 at 06:27 PM.
    12-26-10 06:18 PM
    Jaydee, I saw the weather map on tv for the northeast. It looks like you're gonna be stuck inside tomorrow. Too bad you don't have a new OS to play with tonight. Take it easy on the G&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 06:24 PM
    Got down below 30 here last night, mid 30s now and dropping so will probably see another freeze tonight. But hey, it warmed up enough to run over to the golf course and hit a few on the range. Tried to play a few holes but too many others doing the same thing so I gave it up and came home.

Don't know if I'll play today (Monday) but do plan to play on Tuesday and it was supposed to be warming considerably by then but they have changed it to mid 50s and added 60% chance of rain so may have to skip. Don't like to play in the cold rain, especially with all the wind we get here next to the lake.

Oh well, it is supposed to be in the 70s by Thursday and Friday so that will work nicely.

Speaking of the northeast, my sister is at her daughter's house near Blacksburg VA, she told me this morning that it was 17 over night and going to have a heat wave today of about 26. It's no wonder I don't live in the northeast, they have a bunch of snow on the ground which would make it hard to play golf. I know some play in that kind of weather; however, I don't like colored balls, I'm a purist so they have to be white.
    12-27-10 12:19 AM
23,186 ... 336337338339340 ...