No F2 not yet!
    Around 3 pm eastern is when I will start and I will start posting as soon as I hook the dang thing up!

Hopefully, by the time everyone hits the afternoon drive home, I'll be done with OS6 on my Baby Bold!

Besides, 3pm =5 o'clock somewhere, right?
    11-10-10 10:46 AM
    No F2 not yet!
    Around 3 pm eastern is when I will start and I will start posting as soon as I hook the dang thing up!

Hopefully, by the time everyone hits the afternoon drive home, I'll be done with OS6 on my Baby Bold!

Besides, 3pm =5 o'clock somewhere, right?
    Let's see "I'll be done with OS6" could mean, you've had it and removed it.

And, yes 3pm= 5 o'clock - probably somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
    11-10-10 11:21 AM
    Let's see "I'll be done with OS6" could mean, you've had it and removed it.

And, yes 3pm= 5 o'clock - probably somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Which is where you'll find me if things don't go well...
    With a gin and tonic in my hand
    11-10-10 11:29 AM
    Hey Jim, or anyone else with 6 already...what about my media card?
    Can I leave it in like I usually do while I upgrade? And my ringtones? Does 6 have its own set? What about ones that I have created myself. I assume since they are on my card I can choose them again. This true?

My pictures and things on my card won't be affected at all by this upgrade, correct? Will I be able to search the card the same way after the install? Does the file structure differ?
    Wow, you act like you've never upgraded before. It's really no diff than going to a higher version of 5. Just leave your media card as is, no worries. Nothing on the card will be lost. You will lose all ringtones tho, that are not on the card. I have my favs on my card so losing the old 5 ringtones was never an issue for me. Somewhere there is a zip of the old file floating around.
    6 does have it's own set. I don't use any of them. As mentioned, I always delete my themes as I see no reason for them to take up any space, can't use em , right?
    As for the universal search that everyone loves so much. I have mine set to manual so I have to access the magnifying glass at upper right to start it. It's one extra click, sheesh, so this way I can keep all my quick access short cut keys like c=contacts, m=messages and so on. You lose these with universal search enabled. But this is def a personal pref.
    Be prepared for a learning curve, but it's half the fun. The other half is the gin/tonics
    Honestly, with wallpaper changes I do not miss my themes at all.
    I'd maybe try the auto changer mentioned above, but as you can see I like my bweather onscreen. btw: I'm firmly and finally hooked on 6. 5 no longer does it for me.(fingers crossed)
    11-10-10 12:02 PM
    What's this Universal Search about? I am not a big theme changer - I've generally found one for the 8830, the Tour and now the Bold and stuck with it. But I like having some icons or what I call "active status" icons on the main screen (like the speaker-profile one, and with Stormy-x the battery is options, the 3g is manage connections, stuff like that).

But what concerns me most, being a browser user, would be the scrolling to read pages or columns or whatever you want to call them. While at my advanced age (not kidding), I still do not need reading glasses, I do need a reasonable sized font and don't want the tedium of scrolling. I do hope that Rim/Verizon realize that we do not have a Torch-sized screen and that Column View is needed for the older devices under OS6. I am amazed with the leaks that this has not been addressed but fear they might not care about making older device users all that happy. They may go "take it or leave it - you have OS5, if you don't like the new browsing mess!" I do hope I'm wrong and it is being reviewed.
    F2, it took me quite awhile to get used to the new browser as I was a huge column view fan. I actually went back and forth between 5 and 6 several times as a result of being disgusted with 6's browser. It's all a matter of personal pref. I've gotten used to it now and like the whole feel of 6 over all.
    If you haven't tried it you should just give it a shot and see for yourself. Never was YMMV more meaningful than trying on six for size. And everyone has a def opinion regarding it. The text wrap is a substitute for column view which I use alot. The rest of the time I just browse my fav news sites which are in column view already. So it depends on where you browse as to whether you'll have any issues.
    Universal search can be set to auto which means whenever you type any letter it will pop up with a selection then the 2nd letter narrows it down and so on. I have mine set to manual so I'm one click away from activating it and this way I keep my one key shortcuts active on my home screen. It's personal pref.
    The screen shot above shows the speaker icon highlighted. All profile options are a press away.
    As for rim reviewing any browser issues , I think small tweaks maybe, but I tried the non touch style a couple days ago, with the "official 6" release and the browser is exact the same as what we have for our bolds on 6, no column view. Same/Same.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-10-10 at 12:22 PM.
    11-10-10 12:16 PM
    Hey Jim, or anyone else with 6 already...what about my media card?
    Can I leave it in like I usually do while I upgrade? And my ringtones? Does 6 have its own set? What about ones that I have created myself. I assume since they are on my card I can choose them again. This true?

My pictures and things on my card won't be affected at all by this upgrade, correct? Will I be able to search the card the same way after the install? Does the file structure differ?
    If you are concerned about losing the stock OS5 ringtones, you won't have to look for any ZIP file of MP3 or MID files. You already have the old ringtones. Take the OS5 ringtones COD (net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_05_b.cod ) from your .975 Java folder and load it (with BBSAK/BBMCP/etc) on your phone after you load OS6. You can choose any of the older ringtones (along with the list of new OS6 ringers) by choosing ALL ALERTS at the bottom of the ringtone list when you select or modify your sound profiles.
    11-10-10 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the info Underway!
    I will do as you suggested as using BBSAK is how I'm gonna delete the starting video later. I will add the ringtones, too. Cool!!!!

Jim, I'm just nervous. I get like this whenever I upgrade. Ask PC. He knows. How many times have I written email to him complaining about something not working right...I am a nervous wreck!

But I will post when I'm done. I'm sure it will all work out.
    11-10-10 12:35 PM
    If you are concerned about losing the stock OS5 ringtones, you won't have to look for any ZIP file of MP3 or MID files. You already have the old ringtones. Take the OS5 ringtones COD (net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_480x360_05_b.cod ) from your .975 Java folder and load it (with BBSAK/BBMCP/etc) on your phone after you load OS6. You can choose any of the older ringtones (along with the list of new OS6 ringers) by choosing ALL ALERTS at the bottom of the ringtone list when you select or modify your sound profiles.
    This will work; however, if you wipe your phone again to upgrade you will loose them again and have to re-install. If you load the zipped ringtones on your card, they don't take much space, you will have them for the future.

What I did was to download the zip file and unzip it on my HD. Then I connected my BB with Mass Store on and copied the ringtones to my media card in a folder titled ringtones. The link to the zip file is http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-bb-alerts.zip

That should fix up your ringtones and give you a permanent copy on your PC.
    11-10-10 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the info Underway!
    I will do as you suggested as using BBSAK is how I'm gonna delete the starting video later. I will add the ringtones, too. Cool!!!!

Jim, I'm just nervous. I get like this whenever I upgrade. Ask PC. He knows. How many times have I written email to him complaining about something not working right...I am a nervous wreck!

But I will post when I'm done. I'm sure it will all work out.
    JayDee, BREATHE!
    11-10-10 01:25 PM
    Honestly, with wallpaper changes I do not miss my themes at all.
    I'd maybe try the auto changer mentioned above, but as you can see I like my bweather onscreen. btw: I'm firmly and finally hooked on 6. 5 no longer does it for me.(fingers crossed)
    Berryweather and Crackberry Wallpaper Changer Pro work just fine together for me, if you were implying that they aren't compatible.
    11-10-10 01:40 PM
    JayDee, BREATHE!
    All right, it's going!
    I started it...wish me luck. To the fridge for ice and limes!!!!
    11-10-10 02:19 PM
    Berryweather and Crackberry Wallpaper Changer Pro work just fine together for me, if you were implying that they aren't compatible.
    Thanks Pete, I guess I was assuming bweather's option to move the onscreen stuff around that it would need to be reconfigured with each wp. I'll. Just have to give it a try. Sounds like a cool feature, rotating wp's
    11-10-10 02:39 PM
    Hey! It's restoring my data already!!!!
    I'm only halfway through my drink...LOL
    I heard a funky start up sound...like Windoze. Sounded cool!
    11-10-10 02:42 PM
    The new UI will be different enough that you will still get to finish your drink. Or the bottle.
    11-10-10 02:44 PM
    I have the universal search disabled to because i find the keyboard shortcuts more useful. But to get to the search all you have to do is push "s" and it pops right up, they added universal search as a keyboard shortcut!
    11-10-10 03:11 PM
    I have the universal search disabled to because i find the keyboard shortcuts more useful. But to get to the search all you have to do is push "s" and it pops right up, they added universal search as a keyboard shortcut!
    Awesome! I missed that one, too. Now we can have keyboard shortcuts AND universal search.

All we need now are themes, right jaydee?
    11-10-10 03:16 PM
    OK since I can't get ahold of Paul, can someone tell me how to activate BerryBuzz? Its missing from options where it used to appear. Do I have to download a new version?
    11-10-10 03:20 PM
    Oh and can I say that 2 minute 30 sec reboot beats the BEEJESUS off a 9 minute reboot!!!!!!!!!!!

PSSST.... I have OS6

But its very very laggy...does it get any better??????
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-10-10 at 03:32 PM.
    11-10-10 03:22 PM
    OK since I can't get ahold of Paul, can someone tell me how to activate BerryBuzz? Its missing from options where it used to appear. Do I have to download a new version?
    I recall reading in one of the forums that somebody else had the same issue with OS6. As I understand it, some folks have had to download fresh copies of apps that are controlled or set up in OPTIONS. Invariably, it won't be everyone and all apps, either.

How about that two and a half minute boot?

BTW, it gets a lot better after pulling the battery a few times.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-10-10 at 03:32 PM.
    11-10-10 03:30 PM
    I recall reading in one of the forums that somebody else had the same issue with OS6. As I understand it, some folks have had to download fresh copies of apps that are controlled or set up in OPTIONS. Invariably, it won't be everyone and all apps, either.

How about that two and a half minute boot?

BTW, it gets a lot better after pulling the battery a few times.
    Yeah Ive had it freeze up on me twice already and all I'm trying to do is look through my wallpaper for a background.
    Does it get any better?
    If not, I'm back to 975 tonight. I need to go through my media. I'm using the track pad and its not even registering...no movement at all!
    11-10-10 03:34 PM
    When I first got my Tour, somebody in the forums told me that one of the things that made the phone take so long to boot was that it indexed the contents of the memory card. If that's also working with the 9650, it would certainly slow down the phone for the first few minutes that it's running, especially if it is still indexing a filled large-capacity card after the phone is up.

It does seem that the phone is a bit touchy about moving the cursor while the phone is talking to the network, too. I found that giving the phone a minute or two to fully establish it's link to Big Red makes it run a bit better. Something like letting Windows finish its startup before you start your computer browser.

As to the trackpad, if you can move it, check settings in OPTIONS/TYPING AND INPUT/TRACKPAD SENSITIVITY. If you cannot move the trackpad, type TRACKPAD SENSITIVITY into the universal search. Hit S to get to the search. If that doesn't work, you may have to wipe and reload. There was a forum post a few days back about trackpad issues and OS6. I didn't read it, but it may be of some help.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-10-10 at 03:49 PM.
    11-10-10 03:45 PM
    Yeah Ive had it freeze up on me twice already and all I'm trying to do is look through my wallpaper for a background.
    Does it get any better?
    If not, I'm back to 975 tonight. I need to go through my media. I'm using the track pad and its not even registering...no movement at all!
    Did you use app loader for the install? If so it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 reboots to be ok. Whenyou determine your going to keep it then you can go fetch any apps that didn't make it from mobi-hand, right? Just got a note from them that bweather has been updated btw.
    11-10-10 03:59 PM
    Yes I used loader. Have rebooted three times. I am finally starting to get control of media card. Took bloody forever and believe me...I have used all the colorful metaphors I can think of!!!!

I want my 975 back

Where is Berry Buzz? Where do I set up my sounds?
    Why is it sooooooooooo slow and freezing???????
    11-10-10 04:21 PM
    Why is my email displaying in size 7200 font???
    11-10-10 04:24 PM
    Why is my email displaying in size 7200 font???
    Have you not found the font adjustment? You sound frazzled, to much G+T?
    Or not enough. Berry buzz can be easily D/L'd from mobi, so no worries. I had to do that with Bblab. Your freezing is more of a concern. Mine never freezes. More reboots jaydee. Where's Paul, thought he was standing by. Maybe it's like the parent bird pushing the baby outta the nest. I dunno.
    You got something onboard causing those freezes?? Probably that NY weather
    11-10-10 04:32 PM
23,186 ... 305306307308309 ...