Good mornin' essex threader guys and gals, Yeah, it is still morning here in AZ. and dang this fall weather we seem to be going up into the 90's again with a weekend cooldown in time for halloween then the 90's again next week.
    Looking forward to some wintry weather down into the 70's.
    Dang near messed myself when I saw jaydee's scary theme. Scared me half to death. You truly are the reigning queen of the themes jaydee.
    So I also want to wish you all a wonderful halloween weekend, just don't eat to much candy. I have to go buy some more since I made the mistake of getting it to early and couldn't resist the chocolate goodies.
    If anybodys interested I migrated back to 6 after about a 4 day run on 5/983. I will say this about 983, if anybody likes running 5 and wants more stable/steady/perhaps better RF then that imho is what that upgrade was all about. Same as 975 otherwise.
    Here's my halloween screen for the weekend: Pretty scary , huh?

Ciao,
    Beautiful day here, only 69 (got down to about 49) but perfect golf weather this morning. A little chilly to start but warmed and was great.
    10-29-10 04:28 PM

My last Halloween screen shot ....just for Jim....BOO!!!!!
    10-29-10 07:28 PM

My last Halloween screen shot ....just for Jim....BOO!!!!!
    ^Hey, thats pretty sweet. We should start a pool and make guesses as to how many themes jaydee has on her bold. To take it a step further we could guess how often she changes themes. j/k of course, but it's got to be a bucketload. Have a great Halloween!
    10-30-10 04:20 PM
    Happy Halloween Ramblers!! Have a great day.
    10-31-10 08:28 AM
    Happy Halloween to all you Ramblers, just remember the candy is for the kids...
    10-31-10 09:07 AM
    Happy Halloween Ramblers.....

PS I disagree Bob! Chocolate is an obsession. I imbibe every chance I get!
    10-31-10 10:33 AM
    Happy Halloween !
    10-31-10 05:43 PM
    Happy Halloween Ramblers.....

PS I disagree Bob! Chocolate is an obsession. I imbibe every chance I get!
    Unfortunately, I suffer from the same addiction. I'm a confirmed CHOCOHOLIC.
    10-31-10 06:35 PM
    Any you that have Bluetooth hands free devices have any problems with them? How does your voice sound to those that you are talking with?

I recently got a new set of hearing aids which are BT equiped, there is a BT phone clip that goes with them. When I'm using the BT clip, those with whom I'm talking tell me that I sound like a radio station that is not quite tuned in correctly. A fair bit of background noise is being heard to the point that they can't understand me very well. I'm working with my audiologist who is in contact with the HA manufacturor trying to resolve this issue. They tell me that the phone clip is made by Jabra, it is my understanding that they make quality products.

At this point I'm thinking that the mic in the clip is too sensitive and picking up ambient noise around me causing some of the problem, don't really know for sure. Just want to be sure that it is not an inherent problem with BBs, I've never used a regular BT hands free device since I have been wearing HAs longer than I've had a cell phone that had BT capability for hands free.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you might have to offer.

Thanks,
    10-31-10 06:47 PM
    I have the Jawbne Icon paired with my Bold 9650 and everything is fine. Calls are clear on both ends. I don't get any complaints when talking inside or in my car. It's a very good headset.
    10-31-10 08:21 PM
    Sorry Bob, no help here. I never use BT and never would, don't need it and think people using it look oddly like they're having a conversation with themselves.
    I understand your need tho with the HA's. Hope you get it worked out.
    10-31-10 11:45 PM
    Bob,
    I think you know I also have a slight hearing problem with my left ear as I have commented before publicly. I DO NOT wear a HA however. I DO have plantronics BT and people never say they can't hear me clearly. I also have a pair of MotoS9 BT headphones and even tho I don't like to, I HAVE used them for phone calls and people can hear me but I didn't like the way I sounded to myself.

I think you have found you problem...ambient noise sounds plausible.

Sorry I can't think of anything else to help you. You have a very special and complex problem there, Bob. I hope someone can solve it for you!!!

Good morning Essex Ramblers and Happy November Everyone!
    11-01-10 06:53 AM
    Happy Halloween weekend, Essex Ramblers!
    See my home screen? It's frightful! LOL

Anyway...
    For those of you who have the new BerryWeather, if you haven't downloaded any of the new iconsets for the weather icons; you really should. here are a wealth of them in the 3rd party apps thread over at http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...-icons-539999/
    The icons are zipped and you can download then from there and load them to your storage card or you can open BerryWeather and go right to BellShare and download to your BB. The same sets appear in both places. It's fun to change the icons. Of course, I change them with my many themes.

If you don't go in for themes, you can still change the icons around...you plain, no-nonsense people. LOL

Anyway, thought I'd share that info with ya in case you hadn't taken advantage of it already. I am using "glossy weather" icons in my screen shot.
    jaydee love that wallpaper!!!

Paul, like your choice, congrats. Better than the one we discussed this morning.

You need to stay away from busses, seems you end up under them tooooo often.
    Bob, LOL I'm staying away from the busses
    11-01-10 07:15 AM
    Sorry Bob, I'm no help, I've never used BT. I hope you get it figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 08:36 AM
    Any you that have Bluetooth hands free devices have any problems with them? How does your voice sound to those that you are talking with?

I recently got a new set of hearing aids which are BT equiped, there is a BT phone clip that goes with them. When I'm using the BT clip, those with whom I'm talking tell me that I sound like a radio station that is not quite tuned in correctly. A fair bit of background noise is being heard to the point that they can't understand me very well. I'm working with my audiologist who is in contact with the HA manufacturor trying to resolve this issue. They tell me that the phone clip is made by Jabra, it is my understanding that they make quality products.

At this point I'm thinking that the mic in the clip is too sensitive and picking up ambient noise around me causing some of the problem, don't really know for sure. Just want to be sure that it is not an inherent problem with BBs, I've never used a regular BT hands free device since I have been wearing HAs longer than I've had a cell phone that had BT capability for hands free.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you might have to offer.

Thanks,
    Bob, I've used the Jabra BT2070 and BT2080, for a very brief time before deciding I don't like BT headsets, and had no problems with either of them. They were paired to my Storm 9530.
    11-01-10 08:43 AM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers!
    How is everyone on this chilly (36 degrees) morning?

I heard from Chitowngirl in Atlanta...she had her neck-disc surgery and made it thru okay. In a lot of pain and on the usual meds but she is coming along. We send her our best. I am keeping in touch with her and I told her when she feels better and is convalescing at home to get behind that keyboard and start POSTING...ahem....that's what we're here for!!!!

Here's my screen shot for today. Thought you guys might enjoy it because you know I'm a teacher. A friend of mine I meet in the forums sent me the wallpaper and made me the BatteryEx skin in the corner...The Golden Apple to represent the battery power remaining.

Also, this is the DEUCE theme by Al3azim, the theme designer that I beta test for. It's his newest for OS5. Several people have posted screen shots with it in some of the threads.

Have a good day everybody!!
    11-02-10 07:25 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers! I'm doing fine here this morning. It's a frosty 32 degrees, but it's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend. Have a great day everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 07:50 AM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers!
    How is everyone on this chilly (36 degrees) morning?

I heard from Chitowngirl in Atlanta...she had her neck-disc surgery and made it thru okay. In a lot of pain and on the usual meds but she is coming along. We send her our best. I am keeping in touch with her and I told her when she feels better and is convalescing at home to get behind that keyboard and start POSTING...ahem....that's what we're here for!!!!

Here's my screen shot for today. Thought you guys might enjoy it because you know I'm a teacher. A friend of mine I meet in the forums sent me the wallpaper and made me the BatteryEx skin in the corner...The Golden Apple to represent the battery power remaining.

Also, this is the DEUCE theme by Al3azim, the theme designer that I beta test for. It's his newest for OS5. Several people have posted screen shots with it in some of the threads.

Have a good day everybody!!
    Thats a pretty cool theme and WP, leave it to you to come up with it. I like it. Sure hope they start developing themes for BB6 soon, I would like to see one that eliminates the view bar at the bottom, don't like is because it crowds my screen and I don't use it because I do everything with QL.

Beautiful day here, 56 on my back deck. Getting ready to my cart to the course to golf, and of course I'll have to enjoy while I'm there.

By the way, JayDee, tell Chitowngirl we are thinking of her and sending prayers for her recovery. She does need to as soon as she can.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    11-02-10 07:53 AM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers!!
    JayDee discovered another way to waste...er...spend more of her free time yesterday!

Yesterberry!!!

And how many of you already use this app and didn't tell me about it? Shame on you!

If you haven't tried Yesterberry, head on over to the 3rd party app link and download it. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tv-...uncher-524437/

OMG! You can watch almost ANY television channel you want to FREE!
    Sports, news, music, movies, even things in languages other than English.
    OMG! You download the launcher and when you click on it, it takes you to the internet and you can watch anything. If you have unlimited data...this is the app for you! WOW!!!

All I can say is, if you know about this, why didn't you tell me about it before?

Have a good day!!!
    11-03-10 07:42 AM
    Thanks JayDee, radio part works but not tv. I'm wondering if it's an os6 issue. Maybe someone else running six can test it. Looks like a cool app tho.
    Have a good one!!
    EDIT: I stand corrected, it's wifi it won't work on. Verizon's 3G network pulls it in just fine. Funny they mention in the faq's that wifi is a good way to go to prevent extra buffering. Oh well, nice find JayDee. Glad you have some free time to find cool stuff for us ramblers.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-03-10 at 11:08 AM.
    11-03-10 09:46 AM
    Hey essex threaders quick question.
    Has anyone taken there baby bold apart to fix the slanted trackpad? I ask because now that there is a white housing available for the bold I am thinking about getting it to give my baby a new style but am hesitant because I don't know how to take my bold apart, is it hard to do?
    11-03-10 03:45 PM
    RR, have you checked out the "fix your slanted trackpad thread"? It might be a source of info.
    11-03-10 04:56 PM
    yea i looked at that and it dosent seem too hard, but im still kinda nervous about it lol. I cant make up my mind, I don't want to screw up my baby bold!
    11-03-10 05:18 PM
    yea i looked at that and it dosent seem too hard, but im still kinda nervous about it lol. I cant make up my mind, I don't want to screw up my baby bold!
    I did a quick u tube search using "blackberry bold teardown" and found a pretty good vid on it. Sorry I couldn't copy it over to here. Might take a look- see if you haven't done so already.
    11-03-10 06:39 PM
    Good morning all, I'm back from my craptastic Wednesday. I had a memory leak over the weekend, so I thought I'd do a clean install of 280 and purge some of the junk built up since I installed 5.0.0.810 back in the summer. What a nightmare!!!!

The new FB beta doesn't play well with BB6 yet and would cause my Bold to hang at the BlackBerry splash screen. The progress bar would show 100% and just hang there. I took me 7 wipe and reloads to isolate it.

I thought my SD card was hosed, I thought it was a service book issue, corrupt datebases from my backup, I tried everything. I even installed 975 and all my 3rd party apps and then installed 280 over that.

The funny part is when I had the FB beta app before this reinstall, I didn't have any problem rebooting. Very strange!!!!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-04-10 at 01:09 PM.
    11-04-10 07:12 AM
23,186 ... 299300301302303 ...