Well, I'm sticking to the 975 that I have currently installed. I don't think that I am much into redoing all m themes so as I can try out 983 and stomp my feet.
    I have noticed that Berry Blab is not currently working properly and so I have to uninstall and see if I can get it going again. If not...out it goes! I love tossing things overboard! Oh and that silly little app that rates my day? Yeah...gone! Made my bold reboot for no reason! Gone too! Easy come, easy go!

Have a good saturday ramblers!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Figured you were still on .975, I was wondering about Jim. He seems to have been in daily switch mode for the last couple of weeks or so between some version of OS5 and BB6. I can't keep up with him any longer, he really needs to update his info display each time so we know where he is...
    10-23-10 07:36 AM
    So what is the OS flavor of the dat today???
    Well, I switched to 983 yesterday to see if I could determine any merits of this os. Seems the same as os 975 so far. Hey, if I find something good I can let you know. I think 975 is a good comfy place to be, so far, if you like 5 that is, which I do. Guess I flip/flop around alot. I have a very few themes I like , so a(theme) reload is very gradual and I've got the whole(os swap) thing down to about 30 min.
    So far batt life is same, RF basically the same, I see no camera pic quality diff. It's a small upgrade, I just wish they'd post an official change log. Gonna poke around again for one.
    Ciao
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-23-10 at 07:56 AM.
    10-23-10 07:48 AM
    Well, I switched to 983 yesterday to see if I could determine any merits of this os. Seems the same as os 975 so far. Hey, if I find something good I can let you know. I think 975 is a good comfy place to be, so far, if you like 5 that is, which I do. Guess I flip/flop around alot. I have a very few themes I like , so a(theme) reload is very gradual and I've got the whole(os swap) thing down to about 30 min.
    So far batt life is same, RF basically the same, I see no camera pic quality diff. It's a small upgrade, I just wish they'd post an official change log. Gonna poke around again for one.
    Ciao
    Hey Jim, see my post in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/5-0-0-983-a-541045/ thread. I seriously doubt that they create a publishable change log for every version created. Besides, since so many users are running so many different versions of the OS, which version do you use as the base to which the changes incorporated in a new release are applied?
    10-23-10 03:53 PM
    Someone in the 983 thread complained about his phone spontaneously rebooting and he went back to 975. I had the rebooting problem only twice with my phone over the past few months. Both times, I had installed beta apps, A day after installing each of the apps, my phone would reboot two or three times in one days. After one dayafter that I got real angry and started deleting things; beginning with the apps. It always solved the problems so it was NEVER the OS.

Strange that an OS would cause that problem. But I guess it could happen.
    Jim, I can't keep up with YOU.
    And they say a woman has the prerogative to change HER mind...
    HAHA! You put US to shame!!!!!! LOL

It's ok Jim, I like it that you can take the plunge and try these things out because I hate the thought of spending all that time to get my themes back in order.
    10-23-10 04:54 PM
    Someone in the 983 thread complained about his phone spontaneously rebooting and he went back to 975. I had the rebooting problem only twice with my phone over the past few months. Both times, I had installed beta apps, A day after installing each of the apps, my phone would reboot two or three times in one days. After one dayafter that I got real angry and started deleting things; beginning with the apps. It always solved the problems so it was NEVER the OS.

Strange that an OS would cause that problem. But I guess it could happen.
    Jim, I can't keep up with YOU.
    And they say a woman has the prerogative to change HER mind...
    HAHA! You put US to shame!!!!!! LOL

It's ok Jim, I like it that you can take the plunge and try these things out because I hate the thought of spending all that time to get my themes back in order.
    JayDee, I agree that it would be unusual but not inconcievable for an OS to reboot itself.

What comes to mind is a situation where the OS is unable to access something that it needs, it could be programed to reset itself to be able to recover from that error. As I'm sure you are aware, Windows will reboot itself when updates are installed through the auto update feature, I'm not at my PC at the time that this occurs but I would expect that a warning of the impending reboot is displayed.

There is no reason that RIM could not have put such code into their OSs including having them check to see what is active at the time and displaying a message before doing so.

I would agree also that the probability of such a reboot is on the side of apps that we install, especially betas.
    10-23-10 05:07 PM
    Hey Jim, see my post in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/5-0-0-983-a-541045/ thread. I seriously doubt that they create a publishable change log for every version created. Besides, since so many users are running so many different versions of the OS, which version do you use as the base to which the changes incorporated in a new release are applied?
    Yep, and totally agree from what I've heard over the years tweaking phones.
    Still like to hear RIM say " hey this fixes the ramping sig bars". Be maybe when pigs fly. Btw, so far my sig bars have been nothing else but steady, so I'm starting to think this slight upgrade is possibly a radio fix. Gonna hang with it for a few days maybe and test this theory. A few days? Did I say that? Wow! Now that'd be different.

10-23-10 05:47 PM
    Jim, Did you say that you're sticking with .983 for a few days??

10-23-10 06:49 PM
    Jim, Did you say that you're sticking with .983 for a few days??
    Yeah, that's the plan. It seems as solid as 975 and I'm curious aout the sig bar thing. Gonna watch it for a few I think.

10-23-10 07:17 PM
    Hey essex threaders im pretty excited i just finally got an invite to Socialscope! Anyone else use it that could give me some tips about it?
    10-23-10 07:39 PM
    Is Socialscope an elite kinda thing? LOL I said no thanks to an invite. LOL
    I think its for people who use like several social networking sites at once, right? I only Twitter and Not FB so it's worthless to me...

Sorry I can't help u, RR. I'm a social INTROVERT....
    yeah
    10-23-10 07:46 PM
    Is Socialscope an elite kinda thing? LOL I said no thanks to an invite. LOL
    I think its for people who use like several social networking sites at once, right? I only Twitter and Not FB so it's worthless to me...

Sorry I can't help u, RR. I'm a social INTROVERT....
    yeah
    A WHAT????
    10-23-10 08:08 PM
    Sure you are Jaydee. NOT!!

10-23-10 08:11 PM
    Good morning Ramblers, another beautiful day in paradise. Gonna be about 90 today, another shorts day (after church that is).

All y'all have a fine day and stay warm if you are up in the COLD northeast...
    10-24-10 10:10 AM
    Good morning Ramblers, another beautiful day in paradise. Gonna be about 90 today, another shorts day (after church that is).

All y'all have a fine day and stay warm if you are up in the COLD northeast...
    Now what are you calling COLD?
    45 and rainy?
    Ha! This is nothing...I'm not even wearing socks today!
    LOL
    10-24-10 10:23 AM
    Now what are you calling COLD?
    45 and rainy?
    Ha! This is nothing...I'm not even wearing socks today!
    LOL
    Anything under 55 ....

Where I grew up temps were never much under 70 unless we went to the mountains. I didn't experience cold weather until I was a freshman in High School. Like to forze my @ss off because i didn't have any warm clothing.
    10-24-10 10:28 AM
    Good mornin' all,
    I gotta side with Bob on the temps as I also grew up in the heat. I love going to the mountains and enjoying wintry weather, I actually did spend about ten years in Prescott from the mid seventies to the mid eighties. Anybody not familiar, Prescott is a small mountain town in north central AZ. Got snowed in a few times when I was living in the cabin in the Bradshaws about 12 miles south of town. I was a struggling student, without two quarters to rub together most of the time, but it was all good and quite the adventure.
    My Bold's berryweather tells me upper 70's all this week with lows in the upper 50's. Another week of shorts wearing weather.

I'm still running the 983 incarnation on my bold. I like it a tad better than 975 , but only for one reason. RF. The sig bars do not ramp around and RF seems a tad better on average overall. I never had a dropping call issue with any os except for the original 699. So the only thing that bugged me was just watching it go from somewhere around full to zero bars at random. I'm starting to think this was the whole reason for this minor upgrade. The rest of it seems the same as 975, very solid, excellent battery life, same volumes. I picked up a new theme so I may stick with this awhile.
    Everybody enjoy the rest of your weekends!
    Ciao
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-24-10 at 11:03 AM.
    10-24-10 10:55 AM
    We are supposed to get into the high 80s, near 90. Got out of my church going long pants and put shorts on, headed outside to wash my truck and then maybe get the golf cart out and run over to the course for a little while. Tough life; however, someone has to do it.....

A blessed day to all!
    10-24-10 02:57 PM
    Good Morning Essex Ramblers...
    At work again..something many of you know NOTHING about...ahem....Bob! Jim!
    HAHAHA

Just a reminder...our friend Chitowngirl has her surgery tomorrow and we wish her the best!

Saying a prayer couldn't hurt! We're behind ya Chitowngirl!!!!
    You'll come through with flying colors!
    She'll have her Bold so I'm hoping I'll get word ASAP on her condition and will let you know.

See? Baby Bolds are useful for so many things...
    Social networking being one of them!
    Speaking of which...who wants to give me some lessons in Twitter? I need some help.
    10-25-10 10:37 AM
    Speaking of which...who wants to give me some lessons in Twitter? I need some help.
    I don't really get Twitter; who cares if you've just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or are trying to decide between black or white socks??? . But I do subscribe to bbleaks tweets in an RSS Feed using the BB Social Feeds app. I want my BB6 leak alerts!!!!
    10-25-10 11:36 AM
    I don't really get Twitter; who cares if you've just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or are trying to decide between black or white socks??? . But I do subscribe to bbleaks tweets in an RSS Feed using the BB Social Feeds app. I want my BB6 leak alerts!!!!
    Awwww, you ASSUMED I wanted to tweet what I was doing...I use Twitter to keep track of all my favorite sportswriters and broadcast personalities. I just want to know how to TALK BACK to them because I usually have better opinions than they do....LMAO....so there!
    10-25-10 11:43 AM
    Awwww, you ASSUMED I wanted to tweet what I was doing...I use Twitter to keep track of all my favorite sportswriters and broadcast personalities. I just want to know how to TALK BACK to them because I usually have better opinions than they do....LMAO....so there!
    LOL, I think you misinterpreted my use of the word you, I meant the universal you, as in who cares about someone's post "can't decide....black or white socks?" Not you specifically JD

And I use twitter in a similar way, I do the RSS feed instead of installing the twitter app.
    10-25-10 11:45 AM
    I only joined twitter since out Dept of transportation posts traffic incidents/backups/etc using Twitter. Then I added NPR tweets = that's about it. I was creeped out when someoneS were following me for no apparent reason.

Just ate a pear and apple - didn't you need to know that?????
    10-25-10 12:47 PM
    I not a twit, sorry , no help.

10-25-10 03:14 PM
    I not a twit, sorry , no help.

I don't get twitter, face book, AIM, IM, WM, or any other of the instant messaging and social whatevers. My better half does face book but I want no part of it, she even plays the farmville game. Sheesh.

As a matter of fact I don't text, unless there is a high priority need to reply to one of my sons text message. I do get golf scores as text msgs, otherwise, don't really care about them either.

I do have BBM but it is only for my friends on this thread, otherwise I don't use it either.

All that to say, JayDee I am no help to you at all!
    10-25-10 05:49 PM
    Sorry Jaydee, I'm no help. I don't tweet.

10-25-10 06:33 PM
23,186 ... 296297298299300 ...