Can't disagree with pistolpetefan, I feel similar re the browser. The more I use it the easier it becomes. Sometimes I do get some lag tho, I'm so far attributing it to the particular website. The one thing I don't like tho is going to a weblink from an email. There is not always an option to click another link to the actual site. Anyway alot of these weblinks via an email are not zoom-able at all, and the font is just to small. Guess it's not always going to be perfect. +'s and -'s with just about anything in this world.LOL!
    10-07-10 04:21 PM
    BB6 does have some very nice features. But the scrolling and zooming with the browser might be a deal breaker for me.
    10-07-10 07:07 PM
    well i finally had time to upgrade from .222 to .280 and it is a much welcomed upgrade. Everything is much smoother and a lot of the bugs are worked out. Still a tiny bit of lag here and there, but its def on its way to become a powerhouse os. I have to disagree about the browser. I find it much much better than os5 in every way. Its faster renders better and while i do miss column view i find the text wrap when you click combined with the alt trick fits my needs just perfectly.
    And JD all the bugs that were there in the last build have been worked out as far as i can see. Flashlight in video recorder works, app world works, NFL mobile works fine for me over 3g and wifi, and overall the lag has been decreased and its much more snappier. im a happy camper and cant wait to see this os become more refined and perfected.
    10-07-10 08:03 PM
    hmmm...This is annoying, my browser's been crashing alot, so far just on CrackBerry.LOL! Kinda irritating tho, I was starting to get the hang of it.
    10-07-10 11:00 PM
    GoodMorning all!
    Ah, summer in the desert is finally over. We've been under 100 for a whole week! It was 58 this morning! Those of you in upstate NY or Philly probably get that every summer morning, but here it's "gold" and what we wait for patiently all summer long. I'm digressing, but had to share my joy. Lol!
    I was having issues with my browser crashing when going to certain sites, CB for one. It was getting really irritating. I was finally getting used to the browser on os6 somewhat when this started to crop up. I've since gone back to 5's 975. It is running very smooth. My browser speed using wifi is faster than the speed on 6 with wifi, so I'm pleased about that. Also, and this is a biggie maybe only for me, but I found all the Q/L functions were not working properly. I love the "gps toggle" feature as it makes it so easy with a button press to turn on using Q/L. Not do-able with 6. Of course QL is not an OS-6 app on the bold, not sure about torch. Even tho most of it works fine this one thing was bugging the crap outta me.
    Other things I never could quite get to liking were the home screen. While it is user friendly enough, no problem, I thought it to be to cluttered. Really disliked the top bar that messed with my wallpaper. To bad there's not a setting to disable that clock bar so it blends in instead of laying over the wallpaper.
    I'm not ragging on 6, just saying after trying it since the 280 was leaked I got a good look and while I enjoyed using it and I can see why folks might prefer it, it is very smooth in almost everything, but for me it was not a better experience, including the browser. The webkit was so hyped, I just don't get it. It's ok and diff, but not all that great. RIM still has a ways to go to be competitive in the browser dept. I am so glad to be back with my column view. On forums it is "GOLD". Say what ever about the so called "column view" on 6 , but 5 it ain't. The incessant scrolling and zooming was a major PITA!
    Side benefit: Therme choices again! yeh baby!!!
    Those who have not tried it, should. Make up your own mind. At least now I know what everybodys talking about. It takes all of 45 min total to go from 5 to 6 or 6 to 5, including pc removal/installation, for me anyway. Everything transfers and backs up automatically except app codes which are easy enough to input. Anyway, thats enough whew!
    Ciao,
    10-08-10 09:58 AM
    cbreze, we have had temps in the low 40s, high 30s every morn now for a few weeks. This morning it was actually 50 and I thought it was a heat wave. Mind you, I'm still wearing sandals to work. No socks or shoes for me until the snow starts to fly.... that's my rule. We have to wear them for way too long if you ask me...lol

Sorry to hear about the switching back and forth of OSes but yes, it doesn't take too long to go back and forth, and god know, I've done it quite a lot myself. I am even thinking of giving OS6 a try sooner or later myself just for the halibut (that's a fish joke).

If you are missing your themes, wait till you see the new one the Al3azim is working on! I am beta testing for him now. That's why I can't leave OS5. How would I do my JOB???? lol?

Here is a screenshot:

Has two docks that hide independently of one another so you can show one or both

10-08-10 03:10 PM
    cbreze, we have had temps in the low 40s, high 30s every morn now for a few weeks. This morning it was actually 50 and I thought it was a heat wave. Mind you, I'm still wearing sandals to work. No socks or shoes for me until the snow starts to fly.... that's my rule. We have to wear them for way too long if you ask me...lol

Sorry to hear about the switching back and forth of OSes but yes, it doesn't take too long to go back and forth, and god know, I've done it quite a lot myself. I am even thinking of giving OS6 a try sooner or later myself just for the halibut (that's a fish joke).

If you are missing your themes, wait till you see the new one the Al3azim is working on! I am beta testing for him now. That's why I can't leave OS5. How would I do my JOB???? lol?

Here is a screenshot:

Has two docks that hide independently of one another so you can show one or both

Very Nice looking theme, I see you still have berryblab on there. You must not be using it to post on CB since I don't see the BBlab sig after your posts (can't get rid of it btw)
    With os5 posting is way easier anyway and I've resigned bblab to the archives for now.
    I can't wait till you take the plunge and we hear all your issues.LOL! Seriously it will be nice to check it out for yourself don'tcha think?
    I may wait till another version comes out before I go back, still a couple glitches for me with 280. The 975 is solid like a rock.
    As for the weather, what goes around comes around every year(go figure) and my locale really shines this time of year and all thru the winter. Now if we could get rid of some of these crazy snowbird drivers.Ha,Ha!
    Ciao,
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-08-10 at 03:29 PM.
    10-08-10 03:22 PM
    I'm back on 975, I tried 280 and I just prefer 5.0 right now. I did like some of the features of BB6 like the universal search but I couldn't get used to the webkit browser especially the zooming and scrolling. I'm going to wait for another leak or official version to come out. I really missed the column view of OS 5. I agree 100 % with cbreze, 5.0.0.975 is SOLID!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 05:58 PM
    Prince, what I like best about 975 is that I gained a lot of speed in the browser...a LOT of speed in the browser when using wi-fi and still NO CHIRPING!!!

Yay!!!

That's the best part for me!
    Oh and I get to keep my themes and continue to test themes.
    10-08-10 06:02 PM
    Jaydee, you're right the 975 browser is fast and with wifi it's blazing. My battery life is also great. This is definitely the best OS 5!

10-08-10 07:24 PM
    OS5 was solid but OS6 is just so much more refined with more features. The browser took a little getting used to, but now i couldnt imagine going back. I love the fact that i have tabs, and overall it renders much quicker and runs smoother. sounds like you guys like OS5 but it sounds like you may be running out of time with that OS as verizon is having an OS6 demo launch the 14th of this month. Kinda excited what its all about, im sure they wont release a version of os6 but it means that its getting close to an official version of 6 (even though .280 is pretty solid).
    10-08-10 07:41 PM
    Well, then soon enough I will be moving to OS6...as soon as they make themes!!!!

I can keep my OS5 until it stops working and it won't connect any phone calls anymore...until then, I'm on OS5 and I got my themes! But seriously, I will be trying 6 out soon probably to see what it is like.
    10-08-10 07:50 PM
    Jaydee, I can't wait for you to check it out. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about BB6.

10-08-10 08:11 PM
    Yeah, I want to see jaydee jump in. If verizon is getting close perhaps the themes will follow. One of my gripes wih 6, although certainly no deal breaker is the one theme. I really don't care for the top semi-transparent panel. I'd prefer it invisible to allow for a richer wallpaper experience. Theme makers can maybe help us out soon.
    10-08-10 10:53 PM
    OK Ramblers, got a question:
    How do all of you handle putting music on your Bold?

I do the following:
    I put my music in iTunes, create playlists there and then open DM and sync the music using the Music button in DM.

Stupid move?

My question: how come I can't create an ORDER for the songs? If I create it in iTunes, when I sync, DM messes it all up. I think. At least that is what happened the last time. What do you do to transfer music to your card?

I like to use playlists. That way at work I can select, let's say playlist JAZZ and about 40 songs will play, one after another, all jazz. That's what I want. In the order I want. Is that too much to ask? How do I do that???
    10-09-10 06:45 PM
    I wish i could help you out. I use Pandora and I haven't put music on a memory card in a couple of years.

10-09-10 08:42 PM
    I tried Window Media Player on the pc. I can organize the music and arrange it the way I want to. There is a sync button and I assumed it was syncing to the berry. But when I unplugged it and searched my berry...I couldn't find the playlist anywhere.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
    If anyone has experience, maybe you can give me a hand?
    Thanks!

Happy 10-10-10 everyone...supposed to be a very lucky day!
    10-10-10 08:55 AM
    OK Ramblers, got a question:
    How do all of you handle putting music on your Bold?
    Guess I'm an oddball, but I don't listen to music on my bold. I have enough sources of tunes by other means. Never did like to tune out the world that way. We've had instances of joggers and bikers getting hit, smashed up and sometimes killed because they didn't hear what was coming. Gotta watch my hearing as well, to much of that loud headphone music as a younger guy already. Oh! Wow! the colours. oopps, flashback, dang purple haze.
    Just my take.
    Sorry I'm absolutely no help, hope you get it figured out. 10/10/10 Rock On!!
    10-10-10 10:06 AM
    Oh cbreze, I use the Bold to listen to music in this way:
    I do a lot of driving to Albany and back, which is a drive of about 40 miles. So I use an aux cable and plug my berry into my car radio and use my playlists through my car speakers. That way I can listen to exactly what I want on my trip, in the order that I want.

Also, at work, I put my berry in the charging pod, and I can listen to podcasts or music by playlists when there is some downtime and it is quiet in my library and I need a little light music to relax. I put it on speaker at the main desk and it seems to help add a nice relaxed atmosphere to the place. Believe it or not, the kids love jazz. I have turned them on to it.

Also, before I start work, I sometimes walk around my building to get some exercise. We have a one level campus with a one-third mile route mapped out and I walk it around to get a mile in each morning before beginning my day. That way if I decide to have a bagel or something extra with my tea, I don't feel so badly!!! In that case, I DO use my berry as a walkman, so to speak and just use a set of earbuds with it and dial up a playlist and go.

Either way, I love the fact that I don't need an iPod along with my phone. My Baby Bold can do it all!
    10-10-10 10:34 AM
    While not as pleasant as creating playlists on a computer (I have never looked at itunes but use/used MediaMonkey), you can create them on the Bold, too. Filescout can create playlists and I believe the MediaPlayer also includes the ability - other than seeing the tunes on the small screen and in folders (that depends on how your bold mp3's are arranged) which makes it harder to scan your overall collection.

I still use Wins' Explorer to drag/drop music in folders by album or composer-group then album. I have used Media Monkey to create playlists. But frankly, anytime I have tried SYNCING something has gotten screwed up - either music is removed from my computer or from the Bold or I've wound up with dupes.
    10-10-10 10:37 AM
    While not as pleasant as creating playlists on a computer (I have never looked at itunes but use/used MediaMonkey), you can create them on the Bold, too. Filescout can create playlists and I believe the MediaPlayer also includes the ability - other than seeing the tunes on the small screen and in folders (that depends on how your bold mp3's are arranged) which makes it harder to scan your overall collection.

I still use Wins' Explorer to drag/drop music in folders by album or composer-group then album. I have used Media Monkey to create playlists. But frankly, anytime I have tried SYNCING something has gotten screwed up - either music is removed from my computer or from the Bold or I've wound up with dupes.
    F2-
    THIS is exactly what is happening to me!
    I end up with duplicates on my berry, or Windows says I have dupes, so I remove them and then when I go to play on my berry, I find the files are missing, so I need to go back to iTumes and sync again. So there goes WMP. That's out!

Creating a playlist on the berry is a PIA!!!

I guess using iTunes and then using DM to sync is going to be the way to go for now since I am used to it. I get nervous when I see "removing folders" or "removing files" from the computer or the bold!!!
    10-10-10 10:54 AM
    Jaydee, totally hear ya. Got friends the same way. Like I said, I'm the odd man out when it comes to music via headphones on ipod, phone, whatever. I like being in better touch with my surroundings I guess. Got a great bose system in the house + truck that works for me. Hope ya get it figured out.

10-10-10 11:06 AM
    Hello everyone! I know its been awhile since I was on here, I sure have missed you all. I was in a car accident back in July and have not beenin a lot of pain I have been out the loop on whats been going on. I still have and love my 9650 . I'm back now and will have lots of time on my hands (to check out my CB family) as I will be going in for surgery soon to correct several herniated disc in my neck and back. Big shout out to Jaydee who as been keeping in touch with me love ya girl. Will keep you posted on the surgery date. Its good to be back home

Ps. Jaydee where is wizzard, moonlight & mrweller?
    10-10-10 04:59 PM
    Hello everyone! I know its been awhile since I was on here, I sure have missed you all. I was in a car accident back in July and have not beenin a lot of pain I have been out the loop on whats been going on. I still have and love my 9650 . I'm back now and will have lots of time on my hands (to check out my CB family) as I will be going in for surgery soon to correct several herniated disc in my neck and back. Big shout out to Jaydee who as been keeping in touch with me love ya girl. Will keep you posted on the surgery date. Its good to be back home

Ps. Jaydee where is wizzard, moonlight & mrweller?

Yay!!!!
    Chitowngirl is baaaacccckkkkk!!!!
    We missed you sweetie!!!
    And we all hope you are feeling better. We're all here for the most part. We have a lot of friendly newcomers, too. Say hi to Bob, Brooke, Plkcable and rryoung, cbreze, Prince and F2 and socal and a bunch of other great people!!!!

Wizard turned traitor...er...um...his job gave him a droid...so he stops by very infrequently. Mrweller is here and so is Moonlessnight!

Tourboy has dropped off the face of the planet!

Everyone will stop by to say hello, I'm sure!
    What are you doing with your Bold these days, S? Anything exciting? Need help? We got a lot of experts!!!
    Welcome home
    10-10-10 05:14 PM
    Hey chitowngirl, it's good to have you back! Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you're feeling better. Let us know what's been going on with your Bold.

10-10-10 07:22 PM
23,186 ... 288289290291292 ...