Crackberry League? What do we have to do to sign up? Is it only available to those rocking the Bold 9650?
    08-07-10 02:08 PM
    Crackberry League? What do we have to do to sign up? Is it only available to those rocking the Bold 9650?
    Whoa! Another playa! That's what I like...playas! Wizard has the info...You have to go to Yahoo. You need the league ID and password to create a team. Then we draft. He will see this and post, I'm sure. It will be fun!!!
    08-07-10 02:16 PM
    I suppose I should go set up my family league at Yahoo while I am at it... Let me know Wizard!
    08-07-10 02:19 PM
    Hey Essex threaders, I noticed something scary today! While on a phone call, I heard a chirp in my call!

Now I was talking on the phone to the same person I talked to last week at about the same time, from the same location, and HE heard the chirp last time. Both of us are on Verizon, both of us have new Bolds. However, this time, I initiated the call, we BOTH heard the chirp. Last time, HE initiated the call, he HE heard the chirp.

BTW the calls were placed between Albany NY to Syracuse NY both rather large, metropolitan cities in upstate NY...we're not talking boondocks here.

OH PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    Don't tell me I need a hybrid with new radio files already!!!!

I had to do that the whole 2 and a half years I owned my 8330!

I have 810.
    Tell me something quick so I don't jump offa bridge!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-07-10 at 04:55 PM.
    08-07-10 04:46 PM
    Hang on Jaydee, take it easy. This is the first time I've heard of a chirp on the Bold. It's interesting that this has happened twice during calls to the same person. Do you know what OS your friend is running on his Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 09:27 PM
    Now, now Bob, I can find you quite the fashionable man-bag to carry around with you to store all your Baby Bold accessories in!!!!

LMAO!

Somehow I don't think that will go over too well with your OR the wife!

ROFL. You got it right about not going over too well!

Today we took the train to Santa Fe for the day then back, bat went totally south and I had forgotten to take a spare with me. When I got back to the hotel before we went to eat the bat indicator had no bars and had turned red. I think I was minutes away from shutdown. Did a quick bat swap so we could go to eat. This business of carrying a spare bat around is getting annoying.

08-07-10 10:11 PM
    Hey Essex threaders, I noticed something scary today! While on a phone call, I heard a chirp in my call!

Now I was talking on the phone to the same person I talked to last week at about the same time, from the same location, and HE heard the chirp last time. Both of us are on Verizon, both of us have new Bolds. However, this time, I initiated the call, we BOTH heard the chirp. Last time, HE initiated the call, he HE heard the chirp.

BTW the calls were placed between Albany NY to Syracuse NY both rather large, metropolitan cities in upstate NY...we're not talking boondocks here.

OH PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    Don't tell me I need a hybrid with new radio files already!!!!

I had to do that the whole 2 and a half years I owned my 8330!

I have 810.
    Tell me something quick so I don't jump offa bridge!
    Seems. To me that I have heard that chirp as well. I think it has to do with the length of time you have been on the call. Like ten minutes or something. I'm sure that when I've heard it I was on a vzw to vzw call because the only people I ever talk to for a long time are family and we are all on vzw.

08-07-10 10:22 PM
    Seems. To me that I have heard that chirp as well. I think it has to do with the length of time you have been on the call. Like ten minutes or something. I'm sure that when I've heard it I was on a vzw to vzw call because the only people I ever talk to for a long time are family and we are all on vzw.

You may be on to something there Bob because I also made a call from the same locale...Albany to someone OUT of state (and on AT&T) for an even longer period of time and there was no chirp. So could it just be that my friend and I both with VZW are cursed with:

a) the VZW mobile-to-mobile chirp?
    b) my overactive imagination?
    c) exceedingly bad luck?
    d) being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

BTW, calls to my friend from my celly ,while I'm at my home and workplace (which are NOT in Albany) seem to be just fine! Go figure! Too much interference? Is that a technical thing?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-08-10 at 08:37 AM.
    08-08-10 08:35 AM
    I think I heard some chirpy blip before on other phones besides my bold when I'd be talking to someone on a verizon/verizon call for more than a few minutes. It actually caused me to pull the phone away and look at the screen for any alert, thinking I maybe had a call waiting. I'm going to pay more attention to it now.
    08-08-10 10:31 AM
    Please tell me this isn't happening. The last time I heard a chirp was when I was running that awful .175 OS on my Curve last year. Do you think that .810 has got something to do with the chirp? I'm still running .732 and it's been pretty good.

08-08-10 11:40 AM
    Please tell me this isn't happening. The last time I heard a chirp was when I was running that awful .175 OS on my Curve last year. Do you think that .810 has got something to do with the chirp? I'm still running .732 and it's been pretty good.

I'd love to say it's not happening but now that's made three of us who have heard it and we haven't heard from everyone else yet...
    08-08-10 12:10 PM
    Just sent you a PM with the info. Jaydee that makes 5. We can play with 6 but 8 is about perfect.
    08-08-10 12:52 PM
    Ok gang. I have a really perplexed question. How/is it possible to watch media player or quicktime videos on my "Baby Bold"?
    08-10-10 12:27 AM
    Ok gang. I have a really perplexed question. How/is it possible to watch media player or quicktime videos on my "Baby Bold"?
    Morning all Essex threaders-
    K-roc,
    You have the vid on your SD card? You navigate to the vid on your card, click it, which will open the vid and it will open the media player and start to play it. That's how I open them.

PS Quicktime...I believe is the same. I have movies encoded for my berry that are saved in QT format and I believe you just move them to the card and double click to play? If that doesn't work, you need to re-encode using a free app like Handbrake or something similar.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-10-10 at 06:42 AM.
    08-10-10 06:39 AM
    Morning all Essex threaders-
    K-roc,
    You have the vid on your SD card? You navigate to the vid on your card, click it, which will open the vid and it will open the media player and start to play it. That's how I open them.

PS Quicktime...I believe is the same. I have movies encoded for my berry that are saved in QT format and I believe you just move them to the card and double click to play? If that doesn't work, you need to re-encode using a free app like Handbrake or something similar.
    Thanks JD! You really are the Queen of Crackberry.

08-10-10 09:08 AM
    Read a post on JayDee's "Chirp" thread by I_hicker in which he said that cs had pushed an update of some kind to his phone which has improved his battery life and signal.

I contacted cs and got the most helpful csr I have spoken with in ages. This lady knows her business and really was trying to resolve my issues. She pushed a file to my berry, also to my wife's dumb phone, in an attempt to improve the signal strength. It is probably the same file that was pushed to I_hiker's phone, the csr told me that it was a "Hybrid PRL" which includes all of the vzw and Alltel towers which could help my radio find a better signal. I'm monitoring the signal for 24hrs to see what it does with the new PRL. The csr will call me at home tomorrow pm and we'll discuss the results of the PRL on my phone and if not satisfactory she will submit a ticket to the engineers who will do an analysis of my location, towers and terrain.

If the result is that the problem emminated from terrain issues around my home then the solution might be a high speed internet device that will allow our phones to communicate VOIP when at home. That's a $200 device!

We'll see what happens with this in the next few days. By the way, she confirmed, not that we need confirmation, that weak signal will in fact eat your battery because the radio is trying so hard to find a tower from which it can secure a better signal.

Edit/add: I mentioned that I was on Alltel's .810 and why I had gone to that OS and she didn't even flinch. She apparently couldn't care less. I guess the fact is that since vzw owns Alltel that .810 is really a vzw realease anyway.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 08-10-10 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add additional comment
    08-10-10 09:20 PM
    OMG, looks like I'm no longer abusive!

Been an addict for a while now, that's just verification...
    08-11-10 01:12 AM
    OMG, looks like I'm no longer abusive!

Been an addict for a while now, that's just verification...
    Bob, as your friend for quite a long time now, I have to say...you are quite addictive and also an addict!!!!

Good for you!
    08-11-10 06:59 AM
    Bob, as your friend for quite a long time now, I have to say...you are quite addictive and also an addict!!!!

Good for you!
    Thanks JayDee. I must say that CB, this thread, you and the rest of the regulars here have taught me tons about this great device. It is pretty easy to become a "CrackAddict".

Have a great day.
    08-11-10 07:26 AM
    Bob, Congratulations on your addiction! It's good to be an addict.

08-11-10 10:54 AM
    Just curious - how much free memory is everyone running on their Bolds and approx. how many apps/themes?

Currently have 295.9 MB of free space for app memory and running it with two themes installed in addition to the std. themes that were preloaded. As far as apps go, I have about 12 apps installed.
    Tether
    BeeJiveIM
    Garmin
    BerryBuzz
    Docs to Go Premium
    imgEdit
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    WeatherBug
    BatteryWatch
    and a couple of other smaller apps
    08-11-10 04:37 PM
    Ok Mrweller...

I have 326MB of memory and I have:

ScoreMobile
    Garmin
    DirectTV SuperCast
    CB Launcher
    BatteryEX
    Berry Weather
    Berry Buzz
    Quick Launch
    MeterBerry
    PodTrapper
    SearchIt
    Washington PostLauncher
    Qvc Mobile
    Tip Em
    Poynt
    ESPN Launcher
    File Manager Pro
    Barnes and Noble Reader and Books
    BB NotePad
    ImgEdit (Full Ver)
    Network Accelerator
    Repligo Reader (full Version)
    Google Sync

and 13 installed themes!!!!!

Woo Hoo That's a full Blackberry and my 16 GB card has over 10 GB full of music, pics and vids, and movies. (Major League and Major League 2 are two of my faves!!!!)
    08-11-10 05:12 PM
    Ok Mrweller...

I have 326MB of memory and I have:

ScoreMobile
    Garmin
    DirectTV SuperCast
    CB Launcher
    BatteryEX
    Berry Weather
    Berry Buzz
    Quick Launch
    MeterBerry
    PodTrapper
    SearchIt
    Washington PostLauncher
    Qvc Mobile
    Tip Em
    Poynt
    ESPN Launcher
    File Manager Pro
    Barnes and Noble Reader and Books
    BB NotePad
    ImgEdit (Full Ver)
    Network Accelerator
    Repligo Reader (full Version)
    Google Sync

and 13 installed themes!!!!!

Woo Hoo That's a full Blackberry and my 16 GB card has over 10 GB full of music, pics and vids, and movies. (Major League and Major League 2 are two of my faves!!!!)
    That's no chirp you are hearing, it's your baby Bold crying and sucking wind trying to keep up with and manage all that stuff for you!
    08-11-10 05:47 PM
    I have 309MB of memory and only the pre-installed themes

Berryweather
    Quicklaunch
    Berrypopup
    Poynt
    Pandora
    CB Launcher
    Scoremobile
    ESPN
    Visual Voicemail
    Facebook
    AP Mobile
    Docs to Go
    SmartBDocs

Last edited by princebb; 08-12-10 at 08:47 AM.
    08-11-10 06:08 PM
    So why am I the only one with less than 300 MB but yet have one of the smaller number of apps installed? and less than a DOZEN themes JayDee!!!
    Hmmmmm
    08-11-10 10:36 PM
23,186 ... 268269270271272 ...