My 30 days is up and I am sticking with the BB!! That OS 6 better be what everyone thinks it might be!!
    07-18-10 03:00 PM
    My 30 days is up and I am sticking with the BB!! That OS 6 better be what everyone thinks it might be!!
    Smart move..enjoy !
    07-18-10 05:09 PM
    Good decision!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 05:28 PM
    Congrats JayDee! Keep em comin! You can start by lending a little help here lol. I'm really not into that myspace and twitter crap so how can I get rid of the download notifications w/o installing the applications? Or even better, delete them all together?
    07-18-10 07:37 PM
    Congrats JayDee! Keep em comin! You can start by lending a little help here lol. I'm really not into that myspace and twitter crap so how can I get rid of the download notifications w/o installing the applications? Or even better, delete them all together?
    Thanks K-roc!
    Am I reading you right? You see the icons or launchers for the Twitter app and Flickr and so on the VZW pushes to your phones and you're tired of that crap, right? Is that what you mean? If it is, you're out of luck buddy. Unfortunately, all you can do is throw all of em in a folder and hide the folder. PC and I name the folder crApps and then HIDE the folder and they are out of sight.

Now if this isn't what you mean, please post again and I will figure it out for you, ok? After all, I gotta get my thinking cap on...LOL
    07-18-10 08:01 PM
    Verizon pushes those service books to your device. You can't get rid of them. They aren't active until you install the app. Just hide them.

Last edited by princebb; 07-18-10 at 08:11 PM.
    07-18-10 08:09 PM
    Really all I want to do is get rid of those annoying software update notifications
    07-18-10 08:09 PM
    ok thnx for your help guys and gals.
    07-18-10 08:10 PM
    Well Essex threaders, It looks like a double post but actually at least 12 hours has passed since my last post!

And now the time has come for a milestone post of mine...1500th for me.
    I guess on Crackberry.com it means I move to another rank.
    Wow!
    I love you guys; all my friends on the Essex thread!!!!

And so I'm here to ask for help for someone on the 9650 boards... in a thread called 9650 email attachment and sync problems. A guy can't open attachments of jpgs and word etc. I think the prob may be attachment services. Bob, Wizard, Star Traveler, PC, princebb, cbreze, k-roc, F2, mrweller, anybody got an idea?

If you do, could you go over there and lend a hand?
    He's at the end of his rope and threatening the "iphoney" thing
    Congrats jaydee! Wow! Queen and Genius, Crackberry Kevin will have to institute a CB rank just for you....Grand Poobah!!!
    07-19-10 07:23 AM
    Wow! Thanks PC!
    King Kevin might not want to know about all that tho...lol

Hey did you all read the wonderful press our very own Bob, RegE, and pirncebb got along with yours truely in a thread this am from Zeke in the 9650 forums?

Zeke was really upset over the weekend about his 9650 not opening attachments and was about to chuck his phone and I urged him to slow down and that I would get help. I came here and asked you guys for help and you responded quickly. He was so overwhelmed by the response, he took care of the problem and was so happy he wrote it all up and thanked us all publicly. Wow!

Good job Essex threaders!!!

You are always there when someone needs you!

True Crackberrians!
    Way to go!!!
    07-19-10 08:33 AM
    I would have chimed in if I had anything intelligent to add bbm is not something I care about using or know anything about. People I know and chat with use email alot/mostly. Easily done, attachments work great and it's very fast. I guess I'm showing my age.(59 yesterday)

I will say tho that this is one of the best forums, with the most helpful folks. I get great ideas and assistance here which makes my BB experience that much more fun,interesting and rewarding. I pulled out my old touch pro2 the other day and realized I'd never be able to get interested in winmo again. My bold is so easy to use and so stable. It just plain works and does what I need.
    You guys are all fantastic and I'll help out whenever I'm able.
    And to jaydee...A big hearty congrats on your milestone.

07-19-10 09:12 AM
    I would have chimed in if I had anything intelligent to add bbm is not something I care about using or know anything about. People I know and chat with use email alot/mostly. Easily done, attachments work great and it's very fast. I guess I'm showing my age.(59 yesterday)

I will say tho that this is one of the best forums, with the most helpful folks. I get great ideas and assistance here which makes my BB experience that much more fun,interesting and rewarding. I pulled out my old touch pro2 the other day and realized I'd never be able to get interested in winmo again. My bold is so easy to use and so stable. It just plain works and does what I need.

Why thank you cbreze. And a belated Happy Birthday!!!!
    and from your avy...I'd say you don't look a day over 3...dog years that is!

LMAO!!!! (Wait...that does work out to 21, right?)
    07-19-10 09:19 AM
    Why thank you cbreze. And a belated Happy Birthday!!!!
    and from your avy...I'd say you don't look a day over 3...dog years that is!

LMAO!!!! (Wait...that does work out to 21, right?)
    The "avy" is a pic off the fathers day card my 28 year old daughter sent me. Very appropriate since it looks so much like her doggie.
    I think it would be kind of interesting if everybody posted a recent pic of themselves as their avatar. LOL. Probably be surprised!
    Jaydee, your one of the brave ones. Thanks so much for that age under estimation. Now LMAO
    Last edited by cbreze; 07-19-10 at 09:41 AM.
    07-19-10 09:30 AM
    New topic: and a comment. Anybody try the pocket informant free app? I did and had problems suddenly start to creep in to my otherwise steller bb experience. I posted in the 3rd party app forum about it as that is where it was moved to. Not a big deal, 20 sec freezes mostly, app was laggy over all. Deleted it, and it took all my custom profiles with it. Weird, just sayin'
    I think the bb oem calendar is very good and I have no issues with it, just enticed by a freebie. LOL.
    As I mentioned using winmo previously for a couple years actually, and I found that there was always something a 3rd party app was better at doing than the oem stuff. Like calendar and alarm clock are two biggies. It's so nice to have a device(BB) that works as advertised right out of the box with minimal adjustment. Just my $.2
    07-19-10 09:40 AM
    Jaydee: Congratulations on your 1500 milestone! Your posts have been enormously helpful to me.
    Cbreze: Happy belated birthday to you. My birthday was yesterday also! However, my age is classified information. LOL Hope that you enjoyed your bday as much as I enjoyed mine.
    07-19-10 10:25 AM
    Jaydee: Congratulations on your 1500 milestone! Your posts have been enormously helpful to me.
    Cbreze: Happy belated birthday to you. My birthday was yesterday also! However, my age is classified information. LOL Hope that you enjoyed your bday as much as I enjoyed mine.
    Belated " b" day greets to you as well. Pretty cool we share the same day as well as sharing a love of the bold. Now if you tell me your birth time of day is 725am as mine is I'd really freak. LOL!

07-19-10 10:50 AM
    Belated " b" day greets to you as well. Pretty cool we share the same day as well as sharing a love of the bold. Now if you tell me your birth time of day is 725am as mine is I'd really freak. LOL!

I will check my birth certificate when I get home and let you know. I noticed that in some your postings that we seem to be in sync. Never considered that it was because we shared the same birthday. One of the people whom I greatly admire was also born on July 18 - Nelson Mandela. So were Steve Forbes and playwright Clifford Odets. We are in good company!
    07-19-10 11:14 AM
    Happy birthday, Brooklynne & cbreze
    07-19-10 11:17 AM
    A belated Happy B-day to cbreze and Brooklynne!!
    07-19-10 12:17 PM

Watch the comments about age, in a group of friends from church they claim that to be an official "Geezer" one has to be 65. I'll attain that status as of my next b'day; thus, your age is still fairly young, still a geezer in training.
    07-19-10 12:44 PM
    Happy birthda to you youngsters, Cbreze and Brookelynn. Hope you both had a great day.

PS - Be proud of your age, the alternative ain't so great!
    07-19-10 12:54 PM
    Thanks Bob, guess I'm not the oldest crackberry dude then. I'll be sure and pay close attention in "geezer" classes. LOL. Have a great day and thanks for the birthday wishes.

07-19-10 02:30 PM
    So we are really celebrating it up here in the Essex thread today! Kinda reminds me of when our dearly departed Tourboy was here and we would have the colorful countdowns to our Baby Bolds...

So Happy Birthday to cbreze and Brooke
    and let's celebrate everyone else...we are nearing our way to 7K...
    and I hit the big one...

We are having our fun today!
    07-19-10 03:16 PM
    So we are really celebrating it up here in the Essex thread today! Kinda reminds me of when our dearly departed Tourboy was here and we would have the colorful countdowns to our Baby Bolds...

So Happy Birthday to cbreze and Brooke
    and let's celebrate everyone else...we are nearing our way to 7K...
    and I hit the big one...

We are having our fun today!
    Yeah, you hit the big one alright, "Madam Genius", and well deseved. We all appreciate that you keep us in line on this tread. Congratulations again.
    07-19-10 03:26 PM
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes! The good thing is that we are on the right side of the grass!
    07-19-10 04:03 PM
23,186 ... 255256257258259 ...