Thats right Bob Jaydee and I got ur back man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, Bob!!!!
    If you aren't happy...WE aren't happy! We'll take Moonlessnight with us, too. And THREE unhappy women are T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
    06-29-10 09:56 PM
    SoCal
    I just pressed the "A" key right now and my heart stopped!
    Wise guy!
    So the "A" key locks the keyboard and the left uppermost button on the top of the phone on the flat part of the top of the phone unlocks it. I mean its the standby button, or at least it's what I always called the standby button on my 8330.

But if you look closely, there is a picture of a LOCK up there.
    I use the top left button, or whatever you call it, to both lock (standby) or unlock my phone the few times that I do that. Since i normally keep my bB in her case I don't need that button very often.

I use the "Q" often to set my bB to vibrate and back to sound anytime I am in a meeting or in church. I used to scroll to the speaker on the screen and select the mode that I wanted, "Q" is much simpler.
    06-29-10 10:02 PM
    ????

are people getting non-crooked trackpads? if you replace you'll just get the same thing. there is a wire on the left side causing the tilt.
    06-29-10 10:04 PM
    My trackpad is nearly flush. Has been since day one!
    Impossible to photograph or I'd show you a picture.
    06-30-10 07:51 AM
    No luck on the exchange at the VZW store out near me. It turns out it is a fake VZW store, they call themselves Go Wireless but have VZW all over the place. Anyway, all I got was the runaround. "We don't have the same computers they do. We don't have techs here. You should download an app that will tell you what apps are running so you can stop them." Sheesh!

I said to the guy, "So what you are telling me is I should make it a dumb phone!" Gave me a funny look, so I told him that if I didn't use the capabilities of the phone I might as well have a dumb phone. He didn't have an answer for that one. (I think an ID 10 T error occurred on the other side of the counter!)

Anyway, my trip to that place, last one by the way, was a waste of time.

I wonder if I should call CS and see if the will send me a new phone or if they will also tell me I need to go to a corporate store? Let me know what y'all think.

PS. Don't know what I'd do without all y'all to vent on and get good advice from!!!

PPS. Golf game was good, at least it was not a wasted day all around. Had a good so life is good except for some annoying people/circumstances.
    This is why buying a phone at an "authorized reseller" is NEVER a good idea (Best Buy included).
    06-30-10 07:58 AM
    I have noticed that if your fingers are wet/oily, the track pad goes on strike and doesnt want to work too well.
    Yeah, but think if anyone would be brave enough to use a trackBALL with wet or oily fingers. At least with the pad, you can try and not gum up the works.
    06-30-10 08:14 AM
    Jaydee....did I actually come across something that you didn't know about the BB??? If so I am truly humbled but it was accidental and I will try not to do it again LOL. Bob Thanks a million for the "Q" for vibrate, that will be a big help. I posted about SPAM....I am getting way too much and have never had the problem until activating my Bold (did RIM sell our emails addresses?)
    06-30-10 11:26 AM
    Sorry...double post! Bob how do I go back to regular sounds? is there a key that will deactivate the vibrate mode?
    06-30-10 11:28 AM
    Sorry...double post! Bob how do I go back to regular sounds? is there a key that will deactivate the vibrate mode?
    SoCal,
    Yes! You DID post something I didn't know! And I'm glad!!!!
    And DO it again!!!!
    That's how we learn!!!!
    When on the home screen, press Q again to get back to normal sounds after going into vibrate mode with Bob's tip!

Try it! It works!!!!!
    06-30-10 12:06 PM
    I tried that prior to asking but it didn't workie...now it does! I guess I'm having one of those mornings! Thanks once again
    06-30-10 12:12 PM
    Jaydee....did I actually come across something that you didn't know about the BB??? If so I am truly humbled but it was accidental and I will try not to do it again LOL. Bob Thanks a million for the "Q" for vibrate, that will be a big help. I posted about SPAM....I am getting way too much and have never had the problem until activating my Bold (did RIM sell our emails addresses?)
    Use the 'Q' again, it will revert to sound on.

I don't know what kind of email host you are using, I have my own URL and my email is hosted by GoDaddy.com. I too was blown away by the number of spam messages that I was getting, I don't think I realized how bad it really was when I was dealing with it in Outlook. Anyway, what I ahve done is tightened up the spam/junk mail setting through the webmail (online page that allows me to get into my mailbox directly) feature. I turned up the filters to the max, then as I got stuff that snuck through I would add the domain or email address to the blocked list (black list) in my online mailbox. Now, I seldom get any spam to my phone. I do have to check the bulk mail (junk mail/spam mail) in the online mailbox regularly, I try to do that once a day. I can find anywhere from 30 or so emails up to about 80 per day, if I leave it for a day or two which happens when I am traveling or just too busy to check, there are always well over 100. I review them incase I get email from someone the I want to get it from, then I add them to the approved list and they come through automatically from then on.

Hope this helps.
    06-30-10 01:49 PM
    I have a strange situation, I have reloaded my OS and spent all kinds of time setting stuff up again the way I want it. (I thought the backups done in DM would preclude the need for doing this, unless I didn't restore properly) Anyway, my consternation at the point is that I can't find where I can set sounds for incoming emails, appointment reminders, task reminders, etc. I found the feature that let me select the ringtone for phone calls but the rest are nowhere to be found, at least by me. I thought they were all together, I'm now really confused!!!

PS. How can I tell what radion file I nave on the phone now?
    06-30-10 01:54 PM
    I am far from even being close to knowlegable, but I found them somewhere else. I found it under sounds and then had to scroll down to the bottom where you will set ring tones and edit profiles. If it's not there then you might have a problemo.
    06-30-10 02:03 PM
    I have a strange situation, I have reloaded my OS and spent all kinds of time setting stuff up again the way I want it. (I thought the backups done in DM would preclude the need for doing this, unless I didn't restore properly) Anyway, my consternation at the point is that I can't find where I can set sounds for incoming emails, appointment reminders, task reminders, etc. I found the feature that let me select the ringtone for phone calls but the rest are nowhere to be found, at least by me. I thought they were all together, I'm now really confused!!!

PS. How can I tell what radion file I nave on the phone now?
    Bob,
    Profiles or Sounds/ edit profiles/ and go from there
    06-30-10 02:05 PM
    I am far from even being close to knowlegable, but I found them somewhere else. I found it under sounds and then had to scroll down to the bottom where you will set ring tones and edit profiles. If it's not there then you might have a problemo.
    Don't sell urself short SoCal, you got it!
    06-30-10 02:28 PM
    Anybody with quick launch in this thread who wants to learn a little trick with their convenience buttons, just let me or P.C. know and we will tell you what we did with ours!!!

It's pretty neat!
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!

Just reading up on the thread and you piqued my interest here JayDee or PC - can you let me in on the secret? Thanks!

MrWeller
    06-30-10 04:23 PM
    Bob,
    Profiles or Sounds/ edit profiles/ and go from there
    Great, thanks. Took me a moment to figure out where you were referring to, I guess I'm a bit brain dead to day, was up late messing around with the OS update.
    06-30-10 04:41 PM
    Might be time to start a Tips and Tricks for Bold thread ? Anyone care to do the Honors ?
    06-30-10 04:53 PM
    Might be time to start a Tips and Tricks for Bold thread ? Anyone care to do the Honors ?
    Someone already asked about tips and tricks today, Wizard, so there's already a thread started somewhere here. We just need to start adding to it!
    06-30-10 05:18 PM
    WOW! Finally read through all the posts from the last few days...I went to Michigan for one of my best friend's weddings and had a wonderful time! Was too busy to spend any time on here though... Had a great trip and now back home and off on another trip late next week.
    06-30-10 05:19 PM
    Hey Essex thread people...I gotta give a big shout out to P.C. who saved my life tonight! I had the rock tied around my neck and was ready to push it over the railing of the bridge when he gave me some good advice and guess what? He was right!!!!! (Of course he was right!)

So thanks to P.C.!!!!

and the good news is my Bold survived the incident! It still works! Oh and Bob...are you SURE yours has been charging BECAUSE I JUST FOUND OUT MY CHARGER ISN'T WORKING ANYMORE!!!!!! (Part of the reason I was jumping!)
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-30-10 at 06:04 PM.
    06-30-10 05:57 PM
    Hey Essex thread people...I gotta give a big shout out to P.C. who saved my life tonight! I had the rock tied around my neck and was ready to push it over the railing of the bridge when he gave me some good advice and guess what? He was right!!!!! (Of course he was right!)

So thanks to P.C.!!!!

and the good news is my Bold survived the incident! It still works! Oh and Bob...are you SURE yours has been charging BECAUSE I JUST FOUND OUT MY CHARGER ISN'T WORKING ANYMORE!!!!!! (Part of the reason I was jumping!)
    Jaydee, glad I was able to help you diagnose your issue. I did a when you came back and said you were good to go! We make a pretty good team

- PC
    06-30-10 07:28 PM
    Good day Essex thread readers!
    Interesting development in Jaydee's camp this am...
    continuing the saga of battery charging troubles...I purchased and installed Meterberry this am (on the advice of my good friend PC!) to keep tabs on my battery power.

Seems I HAVE a battery (duh) and it charges (duh) but the indicator in status doesn't change much (BIG DUH!) So I bought Meterberry and it puts a battery indicator on the home screen if this is what you want, and it gives me a much more accurate picture of battery usage, as well as memory usage, memory leaks, according to programs, times, after new programs have been installed, etc. I have barely scratched the surface...

I am a much happier camper than I was this am when I saw that my status on the battery was not moving ( and I KNEW it should have been) giving me a false sense of satisfaction!

So once again, props to PC!!!

PS buy it at Mobihand and use the coupons from cb.com and save a few pennies. went from 3.95 to 3.16! Not bad!
    07-01-10 10:22 AM

So thanks to P.C.!!!!

I think charging is not my problem, when I look at the status screen now is says 100%, I've checked it that way several times to see if the battery meter icon is accurate. I've found that it is never off more than 5% so I'm thinking that my bB is charging fine.

Reload of the OS has done nothing that I can determine other that cause me a lot of work in trying the get my bB back to the way I had it before the wipe. Not sure why the settings didn't get reset unless I didn't go through the procedures in the right order. Basically I got no settings back and had to totally redo everything.

On another question, I have been able to change two of my email boxes to eliminate the popup when I delete a message the asks if I want to delet on the handheld only or also the mailbox or cancel. On my primary email address, I don't get the option to change the settings for that mailbox like I do on the other two. Prior to getting my bB, I had been able to make the change on my Tour. What gives? Why can't I do in on my bB?
    07-01-10 11:31 AM
    Bob, I'm not sure but I think those reconcile choices for mailboxes are made in BIS. Have you checked there?

Go to vzw bis
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    and log on and under your mailboxes see if you can set those choices.
    That would be my guess.
    Can anyone else help?
    PC? Wizard?
    07-01-10 02:37 PM
23,186 ... 248249250251252 ...