SoCal,
    Welcome aboard!
    Glad you like our little thread here. Bob's the official WalMart greeter. He'll be here shortly I would assume unless his family has whisked him away somewhere for Father's Day...Which reminds me...

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY to all the DADS out there!!!

Me? You'll find I shoot from the hip. Sometimes it gets me in trouble. Lol, then I duck and cover. Lmao.

Anyway, to find us on your berry...
    After you get your Bold, you need to do exactly what I told Brooke to do.
    Use the browser.

Go to crackberry.com on your bb browser.

when you get to that page on your phone, you will see (across the top) choices and one of them is DOWNLOADS. click on it.

Then one of the choices is CB Launcher. Click on that.

WHen the page changes you will see a little BLUE box that says FREE. Click on the FREE box.

It will take you to a page that allows you to download the launcher.

When you are done, there will be a CB launcher (shortcut) in your downloads folder on your Bold.

You can then move it to your home screen.

Now whenever you click the launcher, you will be brought to the forums and you can browse this thread.

Come back to this post when you get your phone and try it, ok?
    And if you have trouble, post back and someone will be right with you. We monitor this thread pretty closely. Someone is usually here to help out.

Get ready to have lots of fun with us!!!
    So I get promoted to Wal-Mart Greeter? Because I'm retired? Shish.

We are getting new folks to our little corner of the world here so fast that I can't keep up with them, this is great!

So, welcome to hatlee & socalpilot and any others that I might have missed.

Say JayDee, what happened to the purple skin you had on your baby Bold right after you got it? That would at least give some protection, and with the screen protector I would think you should be reasonably protected until you find the colorful case of your dreams...
    06-20-10 10:23 AM
    I am already hooked and havent even got the phone yet. I had a tour for a while but never came here...big mistake. My biggest problem so far is I don't know all the lingo other than LOL...just learned that one from my nephew. I guess I'm going to need a dictionary.
    Here's what you need: The Largest List of Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) and Internet Acronyms Found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-)
    06-20-10 10:26 AM
    06-20-10 10:29 AM
    cbreze....THANKS! I am gonna have lots of questions but will do my best to read first to avoid stupid questions
    06-20-10 10:32 AM
    So I get promoted to Wal-Mart Greeter? Because I'm retired? Shish.
    Bob,
    I did not mean any disrespect! You know that!
    In fact, I think of you like this:

that's why YOU are the official greeter!!!

PS Thanks to Wizard for the groovy smilies...oh you guys are gonna be sorrrrrrrrryyyy now!!!! hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-20-10 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Added Thanks to Wizard!!!!
    06-20-10 10:33 AM
    cbreze....THANKS! I am gonna have lots of questions but will do my best to read first to avoid stupid questions
    No prob and welcome to the forum. Fantastic place for info. and great folks.
    06-20-10 10:37 AM
    Bob,

PS Thanks to Wizard for the groovy smilies...oh you guys are gonna be sorrrrrrrrryyyy now!!!! hahahahahahaha
    LOL! Life is too short not to have fun !
    06-20-10 10:37 AM
    No such thing as a stupid question ..ask away.
    06-20-10 10:38 AM
    Bob, Thank goodness you have a sane place to come to post where you are among friends. These people who expect these phones to be perfect are being a little unreasonable, I agree. I have posted in many forums, too.

I still haven't conquered my case caper, so I am still on the hunt.

Also, everyone please welcome p.c. or plkcable as he posts here...he is a friend of mine and a long time Tour user and poster in the Tour and Storm forums who will be checking in with us here since he has recently acquired a Bold. Welcome p.c.!!!!

Welcome, plkcable glad you joined ourr BOLD family
    06-20-10 10:53 AM
    Hey Jaydee what about this one to protect your phone ? Buy the Seidio Innocase Snap - Amethyst CSR5BB9630-PR-BL - Blackberry Accessories
    Hey Wizard, this might be the one!
    With the soft silicone skin I had from before, the one I have in the pictures I uploaded, and this hard case, I should be ok. I'm just worried about dropping the phone on the tiled or concrete floors of a school, know what I mean?

Maybe I will order this and give it a try and see what it feels like. Not very expensive anyway so why not?
    06-20-10 11:02 AM
    I am already hooked and havent even got the phone yet. I had a tour for a while but never came here...big mistake. My biggest problem so far is I don't know all the lingo other than LOL...just learned that one from my nephew. I guess I'm going to need a dictionary.
    Your like I was I have been on CB since October and just got my 1st. BB the BOLD. I always have to ask my kids what does that mean...LMBO (laughin my **** off)

You'll catch on.
    06-20-10 11:05 AM
    Hey Wizard, this might be the one!
    With the soft silicone skin I had from before, the one I have in the pictures I uploaded, and this hard case, I should be ok. I'm just worried about dropping the phone on the tiled or concrete floors of a school, know what I mean?

Maybe I will order this and give it a try and see what it feels like. Not very expensive anyway so why not?
    The only other out would be to put it in a defender case but no colors there..... give it a try !
    06-20-10 11:07 AM
    welcome to all our new family members
    06-20-10 11:07 AM
    Thanks for being the "Hostess with the most-est" Chitowngirl!!
    Isn't it great we have so many friendly people stopping by to add to our thread?

Oh and I just bought that amethyst Seidio case so we'll see how it is!
    Chitowngirl....purple...I'll fight you for it!!!!
    06-20-10 11:12 AM
    bob,
    i did not mean any disrespect! You know that!
    In fact, i think of you like this:

that's why you are the official greeter!!!

Ps thanks to wizard for the groovy smilies...oh you guys are gonna be sorrrrrrrrryyyy now!!!! Hahahahahahaha
    i want those 2.
    06-20-10 11:25 AM
    i want those 2.
    Check your PM.....
    06-20-10 11:29 AM
    Isn't it great we have so many friendly people stopping by to add to our thread?

LMBO, LMBO , I have nothing to fight with . you better what ur back, i'm going to look for something to fight u back with
    06-20-10 11:30 AM
    Check your PM.....
    I always forget about that..........

thank you wizard you rock

06-20-10 11:34 AM
    K-Roc,
    Wonder wassup with CaputureIt? You installed it properly? You see it as an icon on your homescreen? Ok that icon does nothing. It's not supposed to do anything. Maybe that's the problem.

CaptureIt integrates itself into your bb menu button so when you press the menu button, CaptureIt should be at the top.

Try it K-Roc and report back to us here, ok? I think it does it that way so you can be on any screen in your berry and SNAP a pic of it and CaptureIt jumps outta the way.
    I tried it by using the menu button and all, but all I get is a pic that is all white *pulling hair out* . Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'll delete it and reinstall it.
    06-20-10 11:37 AM
    Bob,

Rofl....jaydee that smiley guy is the best!!!
    06-20-10 11:42 AM

Can't we just get along
    06-20-10 11:43 AM
    OMG Wizard, look what you started!
    OK one post with no similes, I promise.

Where's Tourboy? He'd be digging these! For sure!

K-Roc, what's up with CaptureIt?
    Reinstall and post again.
    I will install it and try too to see if my directions are correct.

HEY!!!!!!! HEY!!!!!!!!
    K-ROC I get a white screen TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    What gives????????????
    It's not you buddy!!!! Hold the presses!!!! Let me look into this!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-20-10 at 12:28 PM.
    06-20-10 12:21 PM
    Hey all!! Haven't checked these forums in a while - I've been playing with my Bold too much! looks like I've been missing out on all the fun! how did you get these awesome smileys!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 12:30 PM
    Hey jaydee

Your directions worked like a charm. Have CB launcher up and running. You rock!
    Many thanks.

Have I mentioned that I love my Bold? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 01:17 PM
    Cbreze, thanks for that! As an old guy, I don' know a lot of the common acronyms of today. Back in my career days as a computer programer type I lived by acronyms, but they were for the most part related to our company environment.
    06-20-10 02:05 PM
23,186 ... 241242243244245 ...