Moonlessnight is on the trip of her life...we wish her well!!!!
    From all of us in the thread...Have a great time!!!!!!!

Now I wanna know what other great apps I'm missing for my new baby Bold as Bob likes to call it...

I am trialing File Scout... an app that allows you access like File Explorer to all your files on your berry...you can resize files and rename and move them and delete and oh, all kinds of housekeeping duties. I like it!

I tried the FREE Beam Explorer but it always FROZE on my Bold.
    06-17-10 07:18 PM
    Mr Weller of SD,

How much of a difference does it make to flip the sim card and change the network mumbo jumbo that you did?
    Does it make that much of a difference?
    I am wondering if I need to do the same thing? Does it give you more battery life? Greater signal strength? What does it do exactly?

Can you help?
    I did the exact same thing, my signal seems a little better. I'm in the TX Hill Country outside of Austin, its a rather hilly area and my house is in a lower area that the closest tower; thus, I've always had signal issues here but the 2 BBs that I have had have gotten the best signals. I didn't think I would use the Wi-Fi but I hae set it up and use it when I'm around the house and it is much better than the BB radio.

Flipping the SIM card certainly won't hurt anything, if you are ever traveling where you might need it flipping it back is a no brainer.
    06-17-10 10:36 PM
    I can't believe you all are still using this thread.. lol

maybe a better name? Let me know
    06-17-10 10:38 PM
    Sounds like a great thing to have when you're constantly around others...don't usually have that problem as I never have many around...although that might be handy when I go traveling in the next few weeks! I'm thinking I might want to splurge and get the Tether application...I used their 1 week trial and liked it the couple times I used it, but would use it more if I bought it. Just hate to spend the $50 and then have it go on sale a couple days later!
    I bought Tether and love it. I don't travel a lot but do have situations where I'm away from home for long weekends for some spiritual retreats that I am involved in and tether certainly comes in hands as there is no internet service of any kind at the site. Money well spent in my opinion, and yes, they put it on sale not long after I bought it but that's life sometimes.
    06-17-10 10:40 PM
    This thread should be killed or renamed, it's released all ready!
    Why would you want to close this thread when those if us that are still using it are enjoying it and sharing lots of good info on it.

I woiuld suggest that you simply don't click on this thread and leave us ALONE!
    06-17-10 10:44 PM
    Check the service provider forums before using tether. Verizon will catch you and cancel your service then send you a big bill.
    I suggest you read the following page:

Verizon Wireless and TetherBerry | Tether
    06-17-10 10:46 PM
    I suggest you read the following page:

Verizon Wireless and TetherBerry | Tether
    Verizon requires a data plan anyways. Unless the user will be using the device for main internet connection for days, weeks, months, etc then it will be an issue. But for 3-4 hours I have never had a problem on trips.
    06-17-10 10:51 PM

OK JayDee, we need to supply Yester a new name for our little () thread, as I for one don't want it to go away. We would just have to institute another one and this one is working just fine.

Any suggestions from our leader???
    06-17-10 10:53 PM
    Verizon requires a data plan anyways. Unless the user will be using the device for main internet connection for days, weeks, months, etc then it will be an issue. But for 3-4 hours I have never had a problem on trips.
    Absolutely! I've been using it occasionally for the last 8 or 10 months, probably don't use more that 3 or 4 hours over each usage period and they are spread out over 2 or 3 days.

I have a friend that bought a Droid (he's retired from Moto so he felt the need to be loyal), the CSR that he dealt with mentioned a free tethering program to him very quietly. If VZW was going to make a stink over someone using this type of SW, I don't think the gal would have suggested it to one of her customers.
    06-17-10 11:00 PM
    FYI they have it linked from their BlackBerry VZW Home page under travel/work apps
    06-17-10 11:02 PM

We LOVE this thread....it's out home I sure miss everybody

I am still on the search for a skin / whaterever you all it . I need something that will allow me to place my baby back in her bed (holster) while protecting her, anybody got any suggestions
    06-18-10 01:40 PM
    Since yester has graciously offered to keep the thread open and just rename it, what do you think?
    Essex Ramblings
    Essex Observations
    Essex Post-Release Observations
    Essex Post-Release Ramblings

I kinda wanted to keep the Essex name in there since it is a tribute to the dearly departed Tourboy, may he rest in peace wherever he is!

And I certainly don't want yester to delete all 6k posts and make us start back at 1...hello? Can you say tear your hair out?

Weigh in please...
    Bob
    Chitowngirl
    sagaberry
    mrweller
    sims2k
    flip4life
    everybody must have an opinion. Whaddya think?
    06-18-10 01:55 PM
    Essex Post-Release Ramblings. O: That way everyone knows it's post release (lol). And throughout the past few pages... I'd definitely say ramblings.
    06-18-10 01:59 PM
    I really like "Essex Post-Release Ramblings" due to the alliteration, or maybe "Essex Release Ramble-on".

ST
    06-18-10 02:06 PM
    I have a tendency to agree...productive and friendly, but we do tend to ramble...

What's Bob think?
    06-18-10 02:07 PM
    Since yester has graciously offered to keep the thread open and just rename it, what do you think?
    Essex Ramblings
    Essex Observations
    Essex Post-Release Observations

I kinda wanted to keep the Essex name in there since it is a tribute to the dearly departed Tourboy, may he rest in peace wherever he is!

And I certainly don't want yester to delete all 6k posts and make us start back at 1...hello? Can you say tear your hair out?

Weigh in please...
    Bob
    Chitowngirl
    sagaberry
    mrweller
    sims2k
    flip4life
    everybody must have an opinion. Whaddya think?
    JayDee, I knew you would come up with something clever, you ole teacher you.

"Essex Post-release Ramblings", that certainly describes us to a "Tee".

Yester???
    06-18-10 03:55 PM
    Well, I know everyone hasn't weighed in yet but if Yester comes around, maybe he will see fit to change the name of the thread for us and let us continue. I sure hope he doesn't erase our 6k posts though. That's kinda a badge of honor for all the countdown and so on...plus a lot more valiant people went before us in setting it all up. We are on the tail end, so to speak...

Has a nice ring to it, no?
    Then we can listen to everyone else in the forums moan about "why are THEY still here?"

Gosh, everytime I use those smileys I think of Tourboy.

Yester, what happened to him?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-18-10 at 05:46 PM.
    06-18-10 04:02 PM
    We LOVE this thread....it's out home I sure miss everybody

I am still on the search for a skin / whaterever you all it . I need something that will allow me to place my baby back in her bed (holster) while protecting her, anybody got any suggestions
    Have you looked into a skin like a full skin... zagg?
    or a decal girl? they are full body decal like adhesive protectors that cover the phones...those would protect the phone from scratches and then allow you to slip into holster. But that's probably not what you meant.

Case mate gelli case a bit thick. A silicone skin maybe too thick as well...
    06-18-10 05:45 PM
    06-18-10 06:52 PM
    Wizard, you find the GREATEST animated clipart!!!!!
    The student at the desk is the BEST!!!!
    OK, I'm pmming Yester right now!

Thanks everybody!!!
    06-18-10 06:58 PM
    Count me in I'm game
    06-18-10 08:12 PM
    Great Chitowngirl! I heard from Yester and he will take care of the thread name change in the AM so we can expect the change soon. But we will still be posting together. So everybody who wants to whine...kill this thread already can go dry up!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL

But where is Tourboy?
    And will we ever find him?
    06-18-10 08:17 PM
    Great Chitowngirl! I heard from Yester and he will take care of the thread name change in the AM so we can expect the change soon. But we will still be posting together. So everybody who wants to whine...kill this thread already can go dry up!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL

But where is Tourboy?
    And will we ever find him?
    Seems as he has gone to BB heaven.
    06-18-10 08:44 PM
    Ramblings has an 'old style' homey feeling...
    06-18-10 08:48 PM
    Essex Post-Release Discussion

Keep on topic and let's have fun
    06-19-10 12:12 AM
23,186 ... 238239240241242 ...