You can help me by finding a girly one

Where is everyone @ its like a ghost town
    06-14-10 10:06 AM
    You can help me by finding a girly one

Where is everyone @ its like a ghost town
    Sorry.. Can't exactly help in that category /: but yeah. where is everyone.. ever since this phone got released everyone just scattered even though they said they wouldn't ]:
    06-14-10 10:33 AM
    ...where is everyone.. ever since this phone got released everyone just scattered even though they said they wouldn't ]:
    Don't know about everyone else, but since this is my first BB and my first brand new phone in years, I'm using my 9650, the 326 page user's manual, and reading every thread in sight here on CB trying to learn everything and figure out how to do things, or better yet, do things BETTER! Having a great time with it so far! I really appreciate all the advice and information everyone is offering; I'm finding answers to most of my questions without having to type them or create new threads.
    06-14-10 11:29 AM
    PS. If you couldn't tell, I loveeeeee Subaru Imprezas [; im curious how many of you blackberry users have an impreza too? [/QUOTE]

I don't have an Impreza but I'm a lifelong Subaru Owner - first a '92 SVX, then a '99 Outback and now a '05 Baja Turbo
    06-14-10 12:11 PM
    finally ordered my bold from verizon. best buy wont be carrying it at all. So i said f**k it and ordered it. waiting for my tracking number
    06-14-10 07:50 PM
    I hate to be a dunce about things but could someone help me with the camera on the Bold? I mean, how are we supposed to take pictures of ourselves?

No, seriously. On my curve, I have a little silver window that I could use to see myself in. What do I use on the Bold? I am having a hard time getting a perfectly framed shot. And I don't want to hear any vanity jokes, either. Yes, I'm vain. LOL Just tell me how to do it and skip the jokes please.

Thank you!
    06-14-10 07:55 PM
    Where is everybody, have you all gone the way of Tourboy and dropped off of the face of the earth?

I just upgraded to .732, have not had a chance to see if there are any difeences with the device.

I'm a bit disapointed with the battery life on my Bold. With the Tour I didn't have to plug it in in the late evening, normally plugged it in just before I went to bed which could be anywhere from about 11pm to 2am, then unplugged it usually between 6:30 and 7am. I was getting from 16 to 19 or so hours on the batttery. The only time that I had a battery issue with the Tour is for the few days that I had SimpleTrax active on the device, that seemed to bring the battery to its knees by 4 to 5pm, often to the point of sounding the low battery alarm.

I don't think I have been using the Bold any diferently, it seems that by about 5pm it is down to 10 to 20 percent battery or less so I endup charging it for a little while, especially if I am going somewhere that night. Don't understand why that occurs. I'm afraid to activate SimpleTrax, I figure that the battery would be gone by about 1 or 2pm, not good.

I think I may slip the battery from my Tour into the Bold, I think they are the same battery, yup, they are the same. Tour was sitting in the box next to me so I looked at them both and they are the same. I don't want to have to get an extended battery, the battery that comes with the device should be designed to provide a full day's use without having to recharge.

I guess if this is the biggest problem I have with my Bold then I really don't have too much to complain about. I can always swap batteries if necessary...
    06-14-10 08:09 PM
    I hate to be a dunce about things but could someone help me with the camera on the Bold? I mean, how are we supposed to take pictures of ourselves?

No, seriously. On my curve, I have a little silver window that I could use to see myself in. What do I use on the Bold? I am having a hard time getting a perfectly framed shot. And I don't want to hear any vanity jokes, either. Yes, I'm vain. LOL Just tell me how to do it and skip the jokes please.

Thank you!
    Hold a mirror behind the device so you can see the picture on the screen in the mirror. (Or take the pic in your bathroom... )

OK, I'm being tacky...
    06-14-10 08:12 PM
    Yeah...it is kinda quiet around here now. I am loving my new Bold but has been getting criticisms lately from friends that I should have gone to the Droid side and upgraded to the Incredible instead.
    06-14-10 10:37 PM
    I have the flashlight app on my phone and the video camera is set to flash "on".. but when i click the app, it flashes on for a second then turns off. The only way to get it working is if i click the app, go to options, turn the flash off, save, turn the flash back on, save, then restart the app... but once i exit out, i have to repeat this process... Any ideas?
    06-15-10 01:39 AM
    PS. If you couldn't tell, I loveeeeee Subaru Imprezas [; im curious how many of you blackberry users have an impreza too?
    I don't have an Impreza but I'm a lifelong Subaru Owner - first a '92 SVX, then a '99 Outback and now a '05 Baja Turbo[/QUOTE]

05 impreza 2.5 rs here [: goin for an STI when i get older <3 Subaru's are so reliable and nice though!
    06-15-10 01:40 AM
    sorry, i'm a Mitsu Evo fan =) But love me some Turbo4's so i have no hate for subie guys.

I however, am driving a 98 VW Passat 1.8t. APR chip pushes it from stock 7lbs to 16lbs. I'd do more but its my DD and hauls the wife and kid around unless we take her 06 Altima.
    06-15-10 01:56 AM
    Bob,
    I am noticing the battery life is not what I wanted either BUT i think it's to be expected!
    Look at the improvements over what my Curve was doing.
    I try to charge in a desktop pod whenever possible and in the car I have a charger as well.
    Would an extended battery be worth it I wonder?
    Or is it better to carry a second battery with me to pop in near the end of the day?
    Opinions?
    06-15-10 09:25 AM
    Bob,
    I am noticing the battery life is not what I wanted either BUT i think it's to be expected!
    Look at the improvements over what my Curve was doing.
    I try to charge in a desktop pod whenever possible and in the car I have a charger as well.
    Would an extended battery be worth it I wonder?
    Or is it better to carry a second battery with me to pop in near the end of the day?
    Opinions?
    I have a second battery. Like u said, its expected that these phones nowadays are more powerful than the ones a few years back. I save myself the headache and got a spare battery.
    06-15-10 09:51 AM
    How is it to be expected? The 9700 has phenomenal battery life.
    06-15-10 11:08 AM
    I have a couple extra batteries which does the trick for me. An extra on me at all times with another in the battery charger at home...
    As for being expected- I can say I'm sure not surprised. It takes more juice to run a phone this badass in comparison to a 8830!
    06-15-10 12:02 PM
    I have a couple extra batteries which does the trick for me. An extra on me at all times with another in the battery charger at home...
    As for being expected- I can say I'm sure not surprised. It takes more juice to run a phone this badass in comparison to a 8830!
    Another in the charger at home...how do you do that? A charger for the battery? can you give me a link Drea? That would be my next purchase!!!!
    06-15-10 12:04 PM
    How is it to be expected? The 9700 has phenomenal battery life.
    I simply meant that my 8330 DID NOT have the BLUETOOTH on constantly as the BOLD does, the WI-FI on constantly as the BOLD does, the GPS on constantly as my BOLD does and that, I assume does drain the battery faster...my curve could not handle any of those at all.My Bold can do ALL of them and MORE so I do them all...just that it runs the battery faster than I'd like because I BBM all day, too...

Your info says you have an 8330... so you know this about the 9700 how?
    Or are you just trying to start a model war with me?
    06-15-10 12:08 PM
    Totally! Battery chargers are the BEST- I had one for my 8330 as well! I actually purchase most of my accessories on ebay, definitley the cheapest way to go. BUT you have to make sure that you type in OEM so you ensure that you get actual BlackBerry equiptment.
    Thats how I get batteries, chargers for every room(and work) and the car. Let me know if I can help out at all.
    I have a question for you though...when your phone charges on the dock, will it connect to the desktop software? I have to unplug my usb from the dock and put directly in the phone to backup! Thx!
    06-15-10 12:21 PM
    My extra charging cord with folding blades for travel, a car charger, and an extra micro USB cable for my other computer just arrived a little while ago. They all claimed to be OEM and appear to be genuine BB products (they they could be well-done knock-offs, I guess), but purchased through Amazon, the total was less than $11. With my current rate of battery usage and these extras, I shouldn't run out of charge in a typical day.
    06-15-10 12:28 PM
    I simply meant that my 8330 DID NOT have the BLUETOOTH on constantly as the BOLD does, the WI-FI on constantly as the BOLD does, the GPS on constantly as my BOLD does and that, I assume does drain the battery faster...my curve could not handle any of those at all.My Bold can do ALL of them and MORE so I do them all...just that it runs the battery faster than I'd like because I BBM all day, too...

Your info says you have an 8330... so you know this about the 9700 how?
    Or are you just trying to start a model war with me?
    Trying to decide between the 9700 and 9650 and from the posts I've read on here most people seem to get 2 days out their 9700's.
    06-15-10 02:13 PM
    Is anyone noticing their phone freezing when receiving a text message? When I'm doing anything with my phone right before i get a sms the phone will freeze for 5 secs then the message will come through. This doesn't happen with emails or bbm, only text.
    06-15-10 07:10 PM
    Is anyone noticing their phone freezing when receiving a text message? When I'm doing anything with my phone right before i get a sms the phone will freeze for 5 secs then the message will come through. This doesn't happen with emails or bbm, only text.
    i havent noticed it. i actually got my phone today, it already came preloaded with .732, i took out the gmail plugin and downloaded a few apps like pandora, facebook and visual voice mail
    06-15-10 07:28 PM
    I haven't noticed this. No freezing here either. Wonder what's up?
    06-15-10 07:54 PM
    Man I guess its only me. That sucks. I guess I'll do a wipe and fresh install and we'll see what happens.
    06-15-10 08:59 PM
23,186 ... 236237238239240 ...