This waiting is really getting to me!!!!!! I'm praying it comes out the day after Christmas that would be Sweeeeeet.

y, me too...hey, i have an idea. To make the time go by faster, let's get together, drink coffee by fireplace, cuddle, hold hands, watch funny movies together! I bet tour2 will be here in no time! Who knows, by then I may have swept you off of your feet and you may not even care about tour2 anymore!
    12-23-09 02:04 PM
    Well gang, it looks like the Tour 2 (Essex) wont' be out by Christmas, January at the earliest. I was kind of hoping to have the Essex to play with Christmas morning but oh well. At least it is coming.
    I say little later than Jan...we should have more info by now if it was coming out in Jan....end of first quarter is my guess..
    12-23-09 02:13 PM
    Thanks "greeneink" and "dbone15".
    Your advise will be taken..

Lets all pray hard for the release of the tour 2/essex/9650 soon eanough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kumbaya my lord kumbayaaaaa....is it here yet?
    12-23-09 02:13 PM
    Nice! Sounds great so far.

We are getting closer, more and more are becoming available.
    Boy Genius Report
    12-23-09 03:00 PM
    ohh god i am getting ancy
    12-23-09 05:15 PM
    god the wait is killing me. i went to one of those "authorized" dealers. they guy was really cool about it. he's on crackberry and reads BGR and didn't try to play any games. he straight up showed me in his computer terminal that all it said for the 9650 was early 2010. his best guess was jan/feb. told me to come back then and he'll give me 20 dollars off the phone hahah.

which leads me to ask, what's the difference between buying from a verizon store versus one of these "authorized" dealers?
    12-23-09 06:04 PM
    Thumbs up BGR Initial Impression of Tour2; Review Upcoming
    Release has GOT to be close now, and their initial impressions sound VERY promising.

BGR Initial Hands on of Tour2
    12-23-09 07:44 PM
    no crooked trackpad...wooooo
    12-23-09 08:46 PM
    I keep reading the BlackBerry Tour2 9650 Hands On and cannot wait. :-)
    12-24-09 06:29 AM
    Even if it comes out today I still would'nt be able to get it until feb because of my upgrade!!! But my gf can get it when it comes out then i would be able to play with it
    12-24-09 07:23 AM
    I have pushed my poor pearl to its limits. I am soooo ready for the tour2. I am tired of my BB needing to reboot multiple times a day due to low memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:13 AM
    Clear out your 'Content Store'
    I was just in the verizon store the other day asking why the **** my bb was restarting multiple times a day... My content store thing was overflowing, I cleared it and its no longer restarting.

I have pushed my poor pearl to its limits. I am soooo ready for the tour2. I am tired of my BB needing to reboot multiple times a day due to low memory.

12-24-09 12:28 PM
    Literally just left Fry's not 20 minutes ago upgrading my wife's Perl to the Curve2. The Tour2 is in their system for Verizon with a release date of Feb. 16. Works out nicely as I'm due for the new every 2 at the end of January.

I asked if that was the Fry's release date only or if that was for all of Verizon and he said that's Verizon's official release date.

12-24-09 01:40 PM
    Literally just left Fry's not 20 minutes ago upgrading my wife's Perl to the Curve2. The Tour2 is in their system for Verizon with a release date of Feb. 16. Works out nicely as I'm due for the new every 2 at the end of January.

I asked if that was the Fry's release date only or if that was for all of Verizon and he said that's Verizon's official release date.

Can anybody else confirm this? Any Best Buy employees out there? VZW employees? Sprint? If anybody else has a 2/16 in their system, I think we'll finally have our answer of when.

12-24-09 02:11 PM
    this person has 1 post...the mods will be all over this if they are jerking our chain.
    12-24-09 02:57 PM
    im a best buy employee...theres nothing in our system as of yet
    12-24-09 06:44 PM
    Yes, this was my first post, posted when I got this info as I'm waiting for this phone as well. I'm not jerking anyone's chain, just simply passing on what I was told. If it turns out to be incorrect, I apologize in advance, but really, just passing on what I was told, I can't confirm or disprove it myself.

I was just trying to be helpful, but really, comments such as those by trumpptite make me wonder why I even bothered, and also make it seem very unwelcoming here.

Last edited by Raiine; 12-24-09 at 07:38 PM.
    12-24-09 07:32 PM
    Yes, this was my first post, posted when I got this info as I'm waiting for this phone as well. I'm not jerking anyone's chain, just simply passing on what I was told. If it turns out to be incorrect, I apologize in advance, but really, just passing on what I was told, I can't confirm or disprove it myself.

I was just trying to be helpful, but really, comments such as those by trumpptite make me wonder why I even bothered, and also make it seem very unwelcoming here.

Don't mind them. When a forum member went out of his way to post pictures of the tour 2, they accused him of being photoshopped haha. That's interweb for you.

12-24-09 07:46 PM
    I never understood why people feel like some how you are being screwed over if a company releases a new version of a product... How does the new product change your product's experience and performance? When you bought it you were not given any sort of "exclusive" time line...
    12-24-09 08:25 PM
    Hmmm I was about to go get an Curve 8530 from Sprint...picked it over the Tour 9630 because of the trackpad and wifi. Seems I may have to wait a little longer.
    12-24-09 08:31 PM
    wow, that would be awesome since my upgrade is on Feb, 22nd

12-24-09 08:33 PM
    if it is true....the date should start popping up everywhere soon.
    12-24-09 09:39 PM
    if it is true....the date should start popping up everywhere soon.
    That was my point. I'm not going to call this 1st time poster a liar because I have no reason to. I'd just like to see the 16th pop up somewhere else too, see it pop up in repetition, THEN we can really put faith the 16th being the official release date.

12-24-09 11:12 PM
    We have enough ninjas here and if it is true we will see a pic of it in the system computer in the next couple of days.

12-24-09 11:17 PM
    Clear out your 'Content Store'
    I was just in the verizon store the other day asking why the **** my bb was restarting multiple times a day... My content store thing was overflowing, I cleared it and its no longer restarting.
    I clear my content store regularly. I have over 20 apps on my pearl - including Facebook, which has a memory leak. I really think the only thing that is gonna help me is a new BB with more memory. I am never above 8 MB.
    12-25-09 01:13 AM
23,186 ... 2021222324 ...