Built-in GPS with support for location-based applications and services as well as geotagging

Was this expected or has Verizon finally allowed unlocked GPS for other apps other than BBMaps?
    06-02-10 08:22 AM
    jtanaca,
    When I said DM, I mean Desktop Manager. Do you not already use that? Oh dear. I am NO help to you with a MAC I am sorry. There is a mac thread tho. I would suggest you head over there pronto to see what people suggest. You will need to do a backup. What about your friends in the pearl thread? can you ask there about using a mac to back it up?

Sorry as I am strictly a PC kinda gal

Waiting patiently....tick tock!!!!!
    Thanks Jaydee! I appreciate it... I'm so pumped about the announcement and the price drop!
    06-02-10 08:25 AM
    Check here for all the info Verizon Bold 9650 Press Release

The gentleman from Verizon's Executive Offices called me this morning to let me know the good news about the Blackberry Bold Launching tomorrow. He was going to tell me that yesterday if we would have had the chance to talk on the phone. He told me the press release was out today - which is why I went and found it before anyone else had posted it. He also told me to call him tomorrow before it gets too late in the day and he'd make sure it was overnighted to me as well. All in all he was a nice guy and I'll definitely be ordering the phone tomorrow with the rest of you!
    06-02-10 08:27 AM
    Good question:

We got our DATE...NOW we wanna know are we gonna get our phone as soon as we order it?

Anyone got the answer??????

WOO HOO
    Are you feeling it?
    Will someone call VZW and ask please? I'm too excited to call!!!!
    06-02-10 08:27 AM
    Should be shipping the same day.

Woo-hoo!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

good question:

We got our date...now we wanna know are we gonna get our phone as soon as we order it?

woo hoo
    are you feeling it? :d :d
    will someone call vzw and ask please? I'm too excited to call!!!!
    06-02-10 08:32 AM
    It's official: Blackberry Bold 9650 on Verizon
    Yay!!!! It's official! Months of lurking around this forum has paid off! Oh-Yes 9650...You will be mine soon!
    Good question:

We got our DATE...NOW we wanna know are we gonna get our phone as soon as we order it?

Are you feeling it?
    Will someone call VZW and ask please? I'm too excited to call!!!!
    Jaydee - Yes, according to the guy I spoke with in regards to the Bold, he said if I call him early enough he would be able to overnight it to me so I'd have it for the weekend.
    Jaydee - Yes, according to the guy I spoke with in regards to the Bold, he said if I call him early enough he would be able to overnight it to me so I'd have it for the weekend.
    Thank you MrWeller!!!!!~!
    May I say I appreciate all your helpful information... oh and yes..

14 and 1/2 hours to a NEW BOLD 9650 everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-02-10 08:35 AM
    No need to call anyone; its Verizon's policy....order tomorrow, it gets shipped tomorrow.

06-02-10 08:38 AM

No problem Jaydee! Glad to be able to help! I'm thinking we'll hit the 5,500 post mark before noon today for sure!

I've been lurking and waiting for this phone for months like most of the regular posters and am finally glad that I won't be checking this thread like a little kid hoping for a Christmas present to show up under his tree several times per day.

Speaking of presents, I was delighted with the price in the press release! I never thought it would be any lower than $199 after the rebates. $149 after rebates - $100 NE2 I've been holding since October makes me super happy!

Now the big decision I have to make is which case to buy for it - OtterBox or something else...
    06-02-10 08:40 AM
    I just called my verizon store and asked them when my ne2 was. It is in August. The guy told me if i bought the bold tomorrow then i would lose my ne2 and have to pay 20 bucks on top of the 149.99. wtf. what should i do?
    06-02-10 08:40 AM
    at 149, they just gave Sprint the big ole shaftola... LOL
    06-02-10 08:42 AM
    Indeed. The price wars have only begun!!!!

at 149, they just gave Sprint the big ole shaftola... LOL
    06-02-10 08:44 AM
    Get Bold With the BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone From Verizon Wireless -- BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 2 /PRNewswire/ --

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless today announced that the BlackBerry� Bold� 9650 smartphone will be available to order online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless beginning June 3 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning June 10. Running on the largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network in the United States, the BlackBerry Bold is the first global phone from Verizon Wireless to support GlobalAccess Connect, allowing customers to tether their BlackBerry Bold to a notebook or netbook and use it as a modem for wireless Internet access in more than 200 countries worldwide.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100602/NY12805 )

Key features:

* Optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
    * Built-in Wi-Fi� (802.11 b/g)
    * Push to Talk feature � Allows customers to leverage Verizon Wireless' 3G network for instant two-way communication with up to 50 people with the touch of a button
    * VZ Navigator� version 6 � Gives customers access to free mapping and integration with Bing to sort searches by relevance and a new option to choose day, week or monthly subscriptions
    * VZ Navigator Global capabilities � Provides turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating through more than 20 destinations, including Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using the Local Search feature

Additional specifications:

* Stylish design (4.40" x 2.44" x .55" and 4.8 oz.) with glossy black finish and chrome highlights
    * Mobile e-mail and messaging capabilities
    * Large (2.45") high-resolution display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi) that displays pictures, videos and Web pages with contrast and detail
    * 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording
    * Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music; a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack; and support for the Bluetooth� Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
    * BlackBerry� Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos*.
    * Easy mobile access to Facebook�, MySpace and Flickr� as well as popular instant messaging services, including BlackBerry� Messenger
    * Support for BlackBerry App World�, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
    * 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB microSD� HC cards (a 2 GB card is pre-installed)
    * Full HTML Web browser, streaming audio and video via RTSP
    * Built-in GPS with support for location-based applications and services as well as geotagging
    * Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing, speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.1)
    * Support for high-speed EV-DO Rev. A networks in North America as well as single band UMTS/HSPA (2100 MHz) and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks abroad
    * Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for up to 5 hours of CDMA talk time

Pricing and availability:

* The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone will be available for order online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless beginning June 3, and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning June 10 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. A non-camera version of the phone will also be available for order online beginning June 3. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
    * Verizon Wireless customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk plan or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
    * GlobalAccess Connect plans are available for $65 monthly access for 5 GB allowance in the United States and Canada ($0.05/MB overage) and 100 MB allowance in select countries ($5.12/MB overage). There is also a $155 monthly access option that offers 5 GB allowance in the United States and Canada and 200 MB allowance in select countries, with the same overage rates as the $65 monthly option.
    * Customers can add Push to Talk for $5 per month per line and download the service from the Application Center or through VZStart on their handsets. VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 for daily use, $4.99 for seven-day use or $9.99 for monthly subscription.
    * For information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless.

*Music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies. Photo syncing is currently only available for Windows-based PCs.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=qeCnMYkw.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.

SOURCE Verizon Wireless
    I step away from CB for a moment and look what happens.......:..
    06-02-10 08:51 AM
    The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone will be available for order online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless beginning June 3, and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning June 10 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. A non-camera version of the phone will also be available for order online beginning June 3. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
    does this mean we pay $149.99 online/in store, or $249.99?
    06-02-10 08:51 AM
    If you order online, you'll only pay $149.99 because the rebate is instant instead of requiring you to do the mail in rebate. If you pick one up in store or order by phone, you'll have to pay $249.99 and then submit for the mail in rebate and wait for your money to come back on a Vzw debit card. This is why I am ordering online - LOVE THE INSTANT REBATES!!!
    06-02-10 08:54 AM
    Yep, things change fast around here.

I step away from CB for a moment and look what happens.......:..
    06-02-10 08:57 AM
    Anyone want to take a guess how much I'll pay for a 1 year upgrade to 9650?
    06-02-10 08:58 AM
    I have been nothing more than a voyeur on these threads. I want you all to know you all feel like family to me *sobs, wipes tear*. Just happy that we can all "officially" rejoice!!! I am going to make sure I am up at 12:01am just in case I can order it then. Let's start a new thread for all of the hardcore 9650 watchers/readers/obsessors to keep the fun going. BIG SMILE!!!!
    06-02-10 08:58 AM
    Only way you have to deal with the mail in rebate is if you wait and purchase it in the store; best to do it online or call them, rebate is applied immediately, and you get the phone sooner.

06-02-10 08:59 AM
    We should be able to get the 9650 at Best Buy for $149.99 as well.
    06-02-10 08:59 AM
    If you order online, you'll only pay $149.99 because the rebate is instant instead of requiring you to do the mail in rebate. If you pick one up in store or order by phone, you'll have to pay $249.99 and then submit for the mail in rebate and wait for your money to come back on a Vzw debit card. This is why I am ordering online - LOVE THE INSTANT REBATES!!!

That makes things a little sweeter!!!!
    06-02-10 09:01 AM
    No, but anyone want to take a guess if I have memorized my credit card number successfully or not yet?

LOL!!!!
    Set my alarm for midnight...CHECK!
    Credit card number memorized...CHECK!
    Laptop charged...CHECK!
    Drinks handy...ALWAYS...er...I mean CHECK!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

BOLD 9650....COME to MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in 14 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, things change fast around here.
    It was only fitting that you broke the news.........Now you can get some sleep. We'll pad the post count here.................
    Ah thanks!

Indeed it has been a long journey and we are heading into the home stretch now...thanks for everyone for hangin in there through it all.

But we are not there yet...still 15 hours to go...

I have been nothing more than a voyeur on these threads. I want you all to know you all feel like family to me *sobs, wipes tear*. Just happy that we can all "officially" rejoice!!! I am going to make sure I am up at 12:01am just in case I can order it then. Let's start a new thread for all of the hardcore 9650 watchers/readers/obsessors to keep the fun going. BIG SMILE!!!!
23,186 ... 211212213214215 ...