Has anyone else been getting nagged by Verizon with emails, texts AND phone calls to upgrade? I'm due for a new phone, along with my mom and brother. My dad however is not he has the Storm2. When Verizon called yet again, the rep told my dad they were willing to let him upgrade to a blackberry, and only a blackberry even though his upgrade date isn't for another year. My dad mentioned the Bold and said the rep put him on hold for over 5 minutes and came back saying its not yet available and he has no information on it. Its very strange that they are pushing the sales of the Storm2 and the 8530. The offer ends May 29th.. I'm going to assume that this phone will be out right afterwards? I hope so..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good observation. If it doesn't happen on the 27th I think it won't go past the 1st week in June. A guy in a vzw store told me today he thinks you can at least get it online this week. And yes they did have the picture big as day in the store here in Phila.
    05-23-10 07:42 PM
    VZW initially, then multiple OS 5 Hybrids. Never needed a battery pull other than installing a new OS.

Lake San Marcos, California, hardly a desert but a known VZW dead spot.

GENUINE FASCIA COVER HOUSING BlackBerry Tour 9630 WHITE - eBay (item 260540373622 end time Jun-18-10 08:17:35 PDT)

This and a new screen are the result of the dog using the 9630 as a chew toy.

The phone works but the cosmetic damage is pretty severe.
    Oh ok. And I guess VZW isnt that perfect when it comes to getting a signal. I've never had a problem though,but I'm sure they're working on the dead spots. And thanks for the link. That white hardware looks cool
    05-23-10 08:39 PM
    Mount Haleakala = super tourist attraction. If there weren't a cell tower there, there would be mutiny. I had Verizon cell service there 8 years ago when I visited. Personally, Verizon could charge whatever they wanted (to a point, of course) and I'd remain a customer. I have over 10 years of loyalty and there have been countless occasions where Cingular/AT&T customers have asked me to borrow my phone. That hasn't happened as much lately, but I was asked at least twice by my friend with T-Mo to borrow my phone.
    Two things. First, DUH??? lol. Second, Kudos. I can recall a couple times friends without VZW asking to use my phone.
    05-23-10 08:43 PM
    Thanks for the Heads up. this app works great on the 9630..
    Is it really worth having? I have yet to try it.
    05-23-10 08:46 PM
    Has anyone else been getting nagged by Verizon with emails, texts AND phone calls to upgrade? I'm due for a new phone, along with my mom and brother. My dad however is not he has the Storm2. When Verizon called yet again, the rep told my dad they were willing to let him upgrade to a blackberry, and only a blackberry even though his upgrade date isn't for another year. My dad mentioned the Bold and said the rep put him on hold for over 5 minutes and came back saying its not yet available and he has no information on it. Its very strange that they are pushing the sales of the Storm2 and the 8530. The offer ends May 29th.. I'm going to assume that this phone will be out right afterwards? I hope so..

I agree. If you saw my recent previous posts about this I can relate with you guys. To sum up, I ask why VZW sent me not one but two early upgarde fliers in the mail in the past 2 months? Last one was like 4 days ago with a deadline of June 30th. I so want to demand I get a new phone(9650) claiming that it's their dumb fault for making me waste my early upgrade.
    Last edited by tld128; 05-23-10 at 08:55 PM. Reason: mispelling
    05-23-10 08:55 PM
    Let's just hope...4 days and counting....

05-23-10 09:40 PM
    Let's just hope...4 days and counting....

Yeah I really hope so. Figured I'd call Verizon right now to see if they might tell me something about a possible release date this week. The guy I spoke to was very straightforward, very friendly and seemed to really wanna help me out. He said they haven't received any information whatsoever, not even in their upcoming handset emails or anything. He also said he's aware that Sprint has the device and he reads the blogs just like we do so he knows Verizon is supposed to be getting it soon but he just has no information on it. Said they usually get info the day of release so it's very possible it can just randomly show up this week.

Not much, but it's the most believable thing a CS rep has said to me.
    05-23-10 10:29 PM
    @ jaydee5799's I didn't know that...And now I know that Sprint always sell unlock phones...I want the phone like the rest of you guys I have an LG Dare..I just don't understand the constant bickering back and forth
    05-23-10 11:38 PM
    Maybe a May 27th release through telesales and a June 3rd release in stores?
    05-24-10 01:00 AM
    Hard to tell with Verizon; logic has never been one of their solid features.

Maybe a May 27th release through telesales and a June 3rd release in stores?
    05-24-10 06:04 AM
    I've also reveived phone calls and text messages about upgrading. Since I've been waiting (like the rest of you) for 5 months, my contract is actually up. My upgrade offer which expires on May 29th gives me $130 off a phone instead of $100 but it has to be through telesales I believe.
    05-24-10 06:16 AM
    I've also reveived phone calls and text messages about upgrading. Since I've been waiting (like the rest of you) for 5 months, my contract is actually up. My upgrade offer which expires on May 29th gives me $130 off a phone instead of $100 but it has to be through telesales I believe.
    Your upgrade offer expires, or the extra $30 off expires? I haven't received anything in the mail about this and I know I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while.
    05-24-10 09:51 AM
    I have not received a phone call or email about upgrade, my phone has been outta contract since November.....i guess i'm not special to vzw

I really wish this phone comes out this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-24-10 09:51 AM
    Just the extra $30 off expires... sorry for the confusion
    05-24-10 10:07 AM
    Do y'all think this blackberry will support VZW Vcast Mobile TV???
    05-24-10 10:52 AM
    Do y'all think this blackberry will support VZW Vcast Mobile TV???
    I can't say for sure, but the Tour does not support VCast, so this phone probably will not.

Edit:
    From what I've read and found on the VZW website, no BlackBerry is supported for VCast TV. There is a way to watch TV on your phone, but there is a charge. The following link refers to a Storm1, but it's true for all BlackBerry devices: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vzw...2/#post1102828
    Last edited by ifhts; 05-24-10 at 11:32 AM.
    05-24-10 11:27 AM
    Thats a bummer, specially since the Sprint version supports SprintTV
    05-24-10 11:50 AM
    Could it be true? 2 days and counting?
    05-24-10 01:25 PM
    Hopefully! Then you can officially become "boldboy"
    05-24-10 01:31 PM
    05-24-10 01:31 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this?

Meanwhile some helpful info for us Verizon folks:

Bold 9650 User Guide

05-24-10 01:45 PM
    Saw this on another thread too. Hopefully its true. I'm going on vacation this week and may have to block some time to order my 9650 online lol.

05-24-10 02:53 PM
    Yeah, but now the question is:

OR Days To Go?

Saw this on another thread too. Hopefully its true. I'm going on vacation this week and may have to block some time to order my 9650 online lol.

05-24-10 03:00 PM
    i wish, but i doubt it, vzw just announced that they will be releasing the lg fathom a world phone running on windows os on May 27th. i doubt they will release two world devices let alone 2 smart phones on the same day.
    05-24-10 03:03 PM
    Yeah, but now the question is:

OR Days To Go?
    I'll take either one lol.

05-24-10 03:05 PM
23,186 ... 188189190191192 ...