Verizon has officially made this phone uninteresting to me. I cannot believe that this was supposed to be released last year, changed the name to BOLD for marketing standpoint and the device looks exactly the same as a Tour. I decided two months ago to buy a cheap Tour on Ebay and glad I did. I am glad I didn't burn up my NE2 with the new "BOLD." Because honestly, the Tour and Bold aren't that impressive. I am not impressed with the new Slider and Clamshell BB's that are coming up too. If Verizon does get the new fourth generation Iphone, BB is going to be taking a HUGE backseat in the car. I know for sure that I will be switching over and I don't think I'll be alone.

Hopefully Verizon has their S**T together by then and doesn't find a way to screw up that launch either.
    05-17-10 06:26 AM
    this phone was never supposed to be released last year..

the only comments on this phone last year were from dan hesse... around august he stated that he (sprint) had originally wanted the phone to have wifi but for reasons of time to market sprint had decided to go with the 9630 as is... then he quoted "a version with wifi will be available in 1Q10".... (this explains why from nowhere, all of a sudden sprint gets and releases the 9630)

afaik there was no quotes or statements by verizon about the 9650, wifi and release dates last year... (and still not i guess...lol)

p.s. i cant believe i just defended VZ!!

Verizon has officially made this phone uninteresting to me. I cannot believe that this was supposed to be released last year, changed the name to BOLD for marketing standpoint and the device looks exactly the same as a Tour. I decided two months ago to buy a cheap Tour on Ebay and glad I did. I am glad I didn't burn up my NE2 with the new "BOLD." Because honestly, the Tour and Bold aren't that impressive. I am not impressed with the new Slider and Clamshell BB's that are coming up too. If Verizon does get the new fourth generation Iphone, BB is going to be taking a HUGE backseat in the car. I know for sure that I will be switching over and I don't think I'll be alone.

Hopefully Verizon has their S**T together by then and doesn't find a way to screw up that launch either.
    05-17-10 06:37 AM
    Everyday, more like every hour

Though I we are in the home stretch now.

Yeah. June just doesn't make any sense. We just have to stay positive...which is getting more difficult everyday.
    05-17-10 11:18 AM
    I thought Verizon released phones before Sprint. Why is the phone already available for Sprint and not Verizon?
    05-17-10 11:43 AM
    I thought Verizon released phones before Sprint. Why is the phone already available for Sprint and not Verizon?
    That IS the $64 question.
    05-17-10 11:49 AM
    If big red doesnt make at least an announcement by next monday, I will be making the switch to sprint....
    05-17-10 12:02 PM
    If big red doesnt make at least an announcement by next monday, I will be making the switch to sprint....

If Sunday comes and I can walk out of a Sprint store with a 9650 and VZW hasn't even announced it yet, they've lost me.

For at least 30 days...
    05-17-10 12:22 PM
    I dont understand why does it have to be from Walmart or Bestbuy?
    It doesn't, really. I'm buing the phone at retail price and it's less expensive at Walmart. That's all. I wanted a new one instead of trying eBay just because of the trackball issues the first set of Tours had. (Best Buy was only mentioned because after Walmart didn't have it I checked Best Buy. They didn't have it either.)
    05-17-10 12:33 PM
    i know the vzw folks are getting tired of waiting for a release date announcement.. esp since sprint has already started selling the 9650 on line... but im getting tired of waiting as well... waiting for my phone to arrive.. i know exactly how you guys from vzw feel... exactly
    05-17-10 12:40 PM
    well finally on its way been waiting for it for something like 8 months LOL
    05-17-10 01:28 PM
    Verizon has told me today on the phone an hour ago May 27th. Other reports are coming in on other threads on here that also back up the 27th for Verizon a long with Verizon branded Bolds that are out
    05-17-10 01:33 PM
    Can I just ask where the 27th rumor originated from? As far as I can tell, it's just speculation on our part. I know it hasn't been confirmed by Verizon, but has it been on other sites like BGR or something?
    05-17-10 03:06 PM
    Can I just ask where the 27th rumor originated from? As far as I can tell, it's just speculation on our part. I know it hasn't been confirmed by Verizon, but has it been on other sites like BGR or something?
    The only "internal" document from Verizon that we've seen showed May 27th as the launch date, but it could never be confirmed (it was posted here in one of these threads, too). This was from about a month ago, but then the May 1st rumors started and Sprint announce its May 23rd store release, so it seemed to be generally forgotten until recently. May 27th may have been Verizon's original plan all along.
    05-17-10 03:21 PM
    The 27th will work...my Increidble can be returned before the 29th!
    05-17-10 03:27 PM
    yoo_chickk, here's the link for that document and the CB report on it:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...specifications
    05-17-10 03:28 PM
    Thanks traveler! I really hope this phone comes out soon. My obsession with checking these forums every day is starting to scare me lol.
    05-17-10 03:38 PM
    i'm getting ancy. i need a new phone by june 1st, and i want this one. HOW CAN WE BE SURE THE 27TH WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

and startrav..... GO DORES!
    05-17-10 04:06 PM
    Verizon has told me today on the phone an hour ago May 27th. Other reports are coming in on other threads on here that also back up the 27th for Verizon a long with Verizon branded Bolds that are out
    MJ YOU MEAN IT?????? the 27th for REAL?
    I could kiss YOU!!! (assuming you're a guy...)lol
    05-17-10 04:23 PM
    MJ YOU MEAN IT?????? the 27th for REAL?
    I could kiss YOU!!! (assuming you're a guy...)lol
    lol thats what reports are saying in other threads here..a logn with new Verizon Branded Bolds. You just gotta move off this thread here since no one post anything good in this thread since this entire thread is BS on here
    05-17-10 04:34 PM
    i'm getting ancy. i need a new phone by june 1st, and i want this one. HOW CAN WE BE SURE THE 27TH WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN?

and startrav..... GO DORES!
    Unfortunately, there's no guarantee at all on the 27th though the reports today, like mjbesen's above, are making it look more likely, finally. As confirmation, I think we're all hoping that Verizon will announce the release date...well...like yesterday.

and 9108, "GO DORES!" to you, too!
    05-17-10 04:39 PM
    Good thing; I sure didn't like that Incredible....bring on the 9650

The 27th will work...my Increidble can be returned before the 29th!
    05-17-10 06:02 PM
    Sprint First U.S Carrier to Release BlackBerry Bold 9650; $200 on Contract

The Bold 9650 is RIM's latest BlackBerry device, and it's basically a revamped version of the BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Wi-Fi support, more application memory (at 528MB, the most of any current BlackBerry) and RIM's new "trackpad."

Sprint.com is now offering the BlackBerry Bold 9650, RIM's third Bold-branded handset behind the Bold 9000 and Bold 9700, for $199.99 on a new, two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate. And the device should be available in Sprint stores within the coming week or so, as well.

The carrier is expected to also offer a "camera-less" version of the 9650 for organizations with restrictions that bar cameras from sensitive facilities or other areas, though that device is not yet listed on Sprint.com.

05-17-10 06:25 PM
    ^pretty sweet picture haha
    05-17-10 07:51 PM
    Didn't Verizon release the Tour about a week after Sprint? If so then I am expecting about a week after Sprints release for the 9650.
    05-17-10 07:56 PM
    Indeed; now if we could just get our hands on the real thing so we would have to keep looking at the pictures

^pretty sweet picture haha
    05-17-10 08:05 PM
23,186 ... 177178179180181 ...